When you call, mention priority code 16KW-SHL1
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Stiletto Custom6

EMG HZ pickups and a naturally contoured mahogany body work in concert to provide you with a great sounding and incredibly playable bass.

"The Wow Factor" submitted August 27, 2012

By John F in Hohenwald, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years of guitar and bass. Play at home, teacher, and sit in bassist.
Music Style: Rock, Progressive, Metal, Funk, Blues, and Improv
Sound: The sound is amazing. It is a lot brighter than I imagined and the EMG's give a harder edge to playing. From the Low B to high C, it sounds really balanced. I'm not an EB fan (come standard) so I'll be changing over to a different set. Feature: The greatest feature on this is the neck itself, it's smooth with low action and well balanced to fit the 6 string. Ease of Use: 2 Things, It is a 6 string and it is a bit heavier than the Ibanez model I have. For anyone who is moving from a 5 to a 6 string, there is a learning curve and new discipline that a person has to learn. The strings are tighter than a 5 so you really have to discipline your playing style. Quality: Schecter really nailed this product on the nose. It was well thought out and well made in the minds of those who made it. It is kind of funny to think that this is the "low end" Schecter 6 string bass, but it is all highest of quality. The vampyre red is more matte finish but that's a plus because.. well.. less cleaning than a shiny bass. Value: The price is right on the money! Manufacturer Support: I had one thing I Emailed Schecter for, that was the neck size. The picture on zZounds makes the neck look thinner. The emailed me back in less than a day and let me know that it was 54mm at the nut and sent me the schematics as well as the feature list. The Wow Factor: There is a reason I called this "The Wow Factor". I had this bass a little more than 24 hours before I sat in for a set with a band. I had very little time with the bass and played it like I'd played it all my life. I've never once had a bass that has held that honor of saying I was that comfortable with it from the start. Almost like seeing an old friend and starting up where you left off. If Schecter ever gets brave and makes a Stiletto Custom 7. I'm on it! Overall: I bought this a few days ago and am highly impressed. I had to change my settings to lower on my Hartke because the EMG's are potent (and run them as active)! A slapper will like this because it is really thumpy and even finger style gives a pop if you play heavy handed, which I do.

"custom 6 is it" submitted May 2, 2014

By Eric Plummer in Gwynn Oak, MD
Musical Background: guitar & bass
Music Style: Gospel and funk
Overall: I tried to dismiss this bass after finally getting a chance to play it. I told myself the Schecter neck is chunkier than the ESP ltd 206 sm I owned at that time. But I knew once I heard the notes sing off the fretboard that it was a loosing argument. Schecter studio stiletto doesn't ring like this one. I think it's because of the bolt on neck of the custom vs. the neckthru of the studio but I just grew tired of the studio 6. The custom 6 is better balanced in tone even with its 2 band vs. 3 band eq.. now my field of comparisons is limited. All the 6's I've owned were less the $1000. Sr706 sr506 btb406, peavey grind 6, ltd b206sm, (twice) & stiletto studio 6 . I've also passed on the chance to own say true btb676, btb556, btb776, and sr1206. All these basses have strong points but the overall winner is the custom 6 . You can groove with it, get jazzy, solo, play chords thump and of course you can slap tobyour hearts delight. No need to crank the treble and eq the bass out for the A,D,G,&C strings to cut thru the mix when slapping. And it sounds good thru the average amp. I got rig of my rig for a combo, just wasn't using a big rig enough to keep it sitting around. So I play thru a $300 peavey max 115 and it sounds good thru that. At rehearsal thru an ampeg svt3 pro and eavey pa speakers it sounds awesome. The only shortcoming I had with this basss and the studio6 is the saddle for the C string had to have a few millimeters shaved off for my personal string height taste. But the neck required no truss rod adjustment and judging by the harmonies for the chords Im playing, intonation is accurate. The custom 6 is it!

""Great Sounding 6 String Bass"" submitted May 16, 2013

By Calvin Buck in Lynchburg, VA
Music Style: All genres
Overall: Sounds as good as any high end bass for less money! Great look, great feel, great sound, and great features!

When you call, mention priority code 16KW-SHL1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976