When you call, mention priority code 20J-6NR5

Rating and Reviews: Stiletto Custom 5-String

This Schecter 5-string bass delivers plenty of low-end power and head-turning looks. With growling EMG HZ pickups, the Stiletto Custom 5 was built to rock!

Overall

"Nice clean tone, well-built bass, lots of bang for your buck" submitted August 13, 2015

By Mike C in Laguna Woods, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 33 years experience, was pro for maybe a dozen of those years
Music Style: Anything that comes my way.
Overall: Love this bass and I love the fact that zzounds price-matched Amazon (though they denied the price match twice through automated request and email, but when I switched to calling instead, the price match went through no problem.)It's a really solid, sturdy, good-looking bass. Only minus is that you have to unscrew the full plate to the electronics to switch out the 9-volt battery instead of having an easy access compartment with a latch - that would not be fun to be on stage and realize your battery needs to be switched and have to mess with unscrewing the entire plate.Overall though, an incredible deal for the price. Quality control in the Chinese factories seems to really be on the rise.

"Stiletto's arn't just high heels" submitted July 14, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician for 45 years
Sound: So far the sound is clean and bold and with all the punch you could ever ask for. It sound as good through my Fender 100w practice amp as it does through the big rig Hartke 7000. I still play my Jazz bass but not as often as before. Feature: I really like the active EQ. You can make as bright or as deep as you want. What I really could have used was a tech Manual of any kind, the bass came with nothing but the box. Ease of Use: again the manual would have helped figure out the controls. Quality: The Schecter Stiletto 5 is solid as a rock, I am worried about the finish it feels like it will be easy to damage, but I still love it. Value: I got a great deal! Thanks to zZounds for that. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with the company yet, but I'll be looking into getting the manual. The Wow Factor: the Stiletto looks good. The active EQ sound great. What's not to love about it. Overall: I'll keep this bass untill it or me falls apart.

"Lovely bass" submitted November 25, 2014

By charles fye in boynton beach, FL
Musical Background: professional
Music Style: rock, country, Christian
Overall: Not a lot of variety in the sounds from this bass. But that is not a bad thing, it sounds very good. Not as crisp as a P-bass and lows are a little thin. But right in the middle, luscious sound. The good things: Great easy playing neck. Light. Thin body. Looks beautiful. Active pups. After all is said and done. It's a keeper.

"Ingenious" submitted October 27, 2007

Overall
Sound: This bass has a very versatile tone. I particularly enjoy the clean, articulate voicing and it has become a staple of "my sound." I find myself using this bass effectively in prog. metal, rock, and jazz situations. Feature: The hardware is solid and pleasing to the eye, although I did find that the paint wore off of the knobs after excessive use. I ended up creating my own wooden knobs as replacements, purely for aesthetic value. I was able to buy it directly off the shelf, and thus, the accessories included were of my own choosing. A hard case is worth buying to protect the soft finish. Ease of Use: This bass felt almost fluid beneath my fingers. The neck is nice and shallow, and the cutaway allows for easier exploration of the higher range. I have never picked up a bass I enjoyed using as much as this. Quality: This product is extremely well made. The quality of the bolt-on neck is great enough to make it feel like a neck-through. I can depend on it to take a beating without anything breaking, although dings and scratches are very easily obtained. Value: This bass was offered to me at around $500. Way too cheap for a piece of art of this caliber. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to ask for support for it directly from the manufacturer, but the retailers were very helpful in assisting me when i purchased it. The Wow Factor: My bandmates refer to it as "Sex on a Stick." Enough said. Overall: I believe that I will keep this bass for the rest of my life. I have no plans whatsoever to replace it anytime soon.
56 of 60 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20J-6NR5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976