When you call, mention priority code 20M-CCTP

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Stiletto Bass

Punch through the mix with this Stiletto. With a mahogany body, a beautiful figured maple top, and EMG HZ pickups, this bass sounds as good as it looks.

"Why wouldn't you buy this Bass. " submitted February 25, 2014

By Sedrick C in Chicago , IL
Musical Background: over thirty years in music, 20+ on bass
Music Style: gospel, Motown, funk, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop
Overall: If you are looking for a bass, you do not have to look any further than these beauty right here. I was going from store to store looking for a cabinet and came across this fine instrument. Let me just say I have added another bass to my collection. I play gospel to Motown and anything in between. With this bass you can dial up any tone you are looking for. For my head unit I use a David Eden WT-405 coming through an ampeg 8x10 have all tone knobs at zero and dialed the tone through the bass and she rocks. I used Gabrielle (The Bass) Sunday during morning service and she cut straight through the organ keyboard and drums. Real solid bottom and lovely mids. The EMG HZ pick ups make this baby sound awesome the neck is nice and fast. All I had to do was adjust the action and change the strings and she was good to go. She is now my go to without any question or hesitation. Can not say to much about manufacturer support don't need it.

"Looks like a high end piece of furniture" submitted December 29, 2013

By Joe Smith in Litchfield Park, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years now playing guitar/bass - in a wanna-be professional band
Music Style: Hard rock, metal, classical - have played country a few times and work on Christmas music each year.
Overall: Neck is slim, action is low out of the box. I'm a guitar player that plays bass on our cover songs. I had another bass that sounded weak through the mix live. The Stiletto's tone punches through but doesn't over power. I primarily play hard rock & metal and this bass is very good for that. However, it sounds awesome popping and slapping as well. I love this bass and find myself picking it up sometimes over my guitars. That's a first.

"Great Bass, Terrible Customer Service" submitted July 2, 2013

By Jared M in Richardson, TX
Musical Background: Hobbiest
Music Style: If it has a beat, I love to play it.
Overall: When I received the bass the finish was chipped. It did not effect the sound, and I was told if I wanted to keep it Zzounds would discount the price. I sent them a picture of the damage, and they kept asking for more pictures. They stated that the picture was not clear enough. I assure, even a small child with poor eye site, not wearing their glasses would be able to tell the bass had damage. They gave me the run around just long enough for the return period to expire, so I no longer have the option of getting one without the damage. The bass still sounds incredible, I'm just a little disappointed that I am paying full price for a scratch and dent item. If you are thinking about getting this bass, I say go for it. If you get one that is damaged, just exchange it right away to avoid having the same issues I had.

"Literally flawless" submitted November 2, 2015

By Taran O
Overall
Musical Background: 9 or so years of saxophone, guitar, bass and drums. Semi-professional, my band has a niche
Music Style: Mainly post-punk and technical death metal, but I have experience in jazz, classical, ska, folk, EDM production/mixing and so on
Overall: When I purchased this bass guitar, I did it on a whim based purely off how much I like the sound of Schecter 6 string guitars. I was prepared to be a little disappointed and make a trade in if necessary, but no, I pulled this baby out of the box and fell straight in love from the first ultra twangy acoustic note. A few hours tweaking my Fender Rumble amp (also courtesy of Zzounds) and suddenly I had THE sound I had been chasing. The layout of the pot functions were confusing at best but Schecter released an online wiring diagram so a little research got me exactly what I needed; excellent customer support in that regard, but with the quality of this bass, I feel as if I'll never even need to contact customer support in order to give them a review on it! Everything from chunky 90's post-punk to soft jazz to slap bass in tha face to dad rock to death metal to orchestral, just turn a few knobs and this baby knocks it out of the park. The EMG pickups really scream for passives, too.

"Why you should consider the Schecter Stiletto Custom!" submitted August 8, 2009

Overall
Sound: This is one of the most versatile instruments I have had the opportunity to play. The moment I picked up a Schecter Stiletto Custom I fell in love with it. The instrument is comfortable to play very thin neck and fretboard, extremely light and very smooth play. The moment I pulled it out of the box it was in tune and ready to play...has not gone out of tune yet, and I have had it for a few weeks now. I am using an AMPEG BA210SP Bass Amplifier 2X10 and it's perfect. Very good quality for the price that was payed. Feature: The cable that came with the bass, needless to say, Sucked...but it's just a very cheap practice cable. The EMG-HZ pickups with active EQ make this instrument just that much better. I am a Fender man and I honestly don't think I'll be going back to Fender any time soon. This is a great instrument for gigs as it is light, sturdy and the playability seems to be much better than most. Ease of Use: Like I stated earlier, this is one of the most versatile bass guitars i've ever picked up. I would highly suggest getting this bass whether you're a proffessional or a beginner...this is a great platform to channel your musical abilities through! Quality: For not being a neckthrough, this instrument is put together VERY VERY WELL The finish of the body is perfect the neck is nice and smooth and it's very easy to play. I would certainly use this instrument on the road! However, I would want a Top-O'the-Line case so nothing would happen while in transit! Value: For the cost, you are getting quite a bit! It's certainly worth it, My kid bought one as his first bass and the cost makes it something that obligates you to learning it. Especially when bought with YOUR hard earned cash. I made him buy it with his own money and he's not put the thing down out of frustration yet! Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with the company directly yet... Overall: I will certainly be playing this instrument until it falls apart!
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20M-CCTP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976