When you call, mention priority code 16G9-BL74

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Omen 8-String

Perfect for dropped tunings and low tones, this versatile guitar features 8 strings and Schecter Diamond Plus pickups.

Overall

"The Grooviest, Heaviest, Sexies Guitar for under 5 bills" submitted June 15, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Experimental
Sound: This omen has some amazing tone and crunch to it. In any tuning the lowest strings let out the most vicious growl for under 500 bucks. This guitar can definetly compete with the high end ibanez prestige 8 string and the c8 hellraiser, for half the price Feature: Just a toggle switch, tone, and volume knob so nothin too fancy. Different pick ups would improve the tone alot but for stock pick ups they're pretty decent. Ease of Use: The neck on this beast is just the perfect size. I play extended range basses 6 string, 7 string,etc so i'm used to giant necks but the one on this guitar is so thin and flat there's no period of uncomfortable adjusting Quality: Everything on this guitar is 100% legit, no neck or innotation issues, the basswood is very light but sturdy. No problems at all with this guitar Value: For 400 bucks you can't go wrong. This guitar is just right to use professionally (with some slight adjustments) or just as a fill in until you can afford that dream guitar Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any contact with schecter for this guitar, but 2 years ago i tried to return a damien bass at a guitar center and schecter let me keep the bass AND gave me my money back so they have the best support team The Wow Factor: The walnut stain and black hardware are just toooooo sexy for words. This guitar is beautiful and i guarantee all the sexy ladies will be captivated by it's appearance Overall: BUY THIS GUITAR!!!! You'd be a fool not to for the price, so many doors are opened with an 8 string. Don't be ignorant and expand your boundaries

"Good price, great guitar!" submitted September 12, 2012

By Mike C in Houghton Lake, MI
Musical Background: Guitar/bass
Music Style: Rock, metal, alternative, progressive
Overall: Guitar is much nicer than I expected for the price. I really like the updated inlays and I believe the binding is also an update from last year. Looks really nice. Fret ends are nice and smooth and the neck is also nice and smooth, feels really good in your hands. Eight strings are not difficult to get used to with this guitar. I was really surprised overall especially with the pick ups which everyone says are terrible but I've found to be actually not that bad. I tried out a few other brands, such as LTD, and I really wasn't impressed at all. Their guitars for a comparable price, to me, was not a comparable quality. You will be really happy with this guitar if you decide to purchase it. It has great features for the price including a graph tech nut. I had a Schecter about 10 years ago that was a cheaper model and the quality has vastly improved. Can't say enough good things about it, buy one, you'll love it!

"BEST Starter 8-String" submitted May 18, 2014

By Sean Tousey-Pfarrer in Northampton, MA
Musical Background: Clarinet 10 years; Guitar 2 1/2 years; Piano 1 year
Music Style: Jazz, Metal, Rock, Classical, Folk, World, and various combinations
Sound: The pickups are not the best, but they are certainly adequate for a mere $400. Some people complain about the pickups making the low strings sound muddy, but this is false. The problem is that the strings it comes with are just too thin for low F# or whatever you tune to. Just put on a really heavy single string! D'Addario sells singles up to 80, and Kalium/Circle K makes up to 106. For $5, I had my local tech widen the machine head hole slightly to fit my low string. Even through my tiny Peavey Vypyr 15, the low string sounds quite good if it's thick enough. Feature: I already talked about the pickups and stock strings. The neck and body could both be thinner to reduce weight and increase ease of playing, but they're fine as is. The string spacing is perfect. The nut and bridge are both great and, together with the "string-thru" body, they let the strings resonate very well. The tuners could be better, but are adequate for the first 7 strings. They aren't quite strong enough for the 8th string if you pick hard. The short scale length (26.5") makes it much more playable than the 28"-ers. Ease of Use: This guitar is nice and simple to use, other than two obvious exceptions: (1) It takes a little longer to tune 8 strings than 6 or 7. (2) Don't buy it for your 10-year-old, as the neck is too thick for very small hands. Quality: The wood, construction, and finish are all in perfect condition after a year and a half of me banging it around like the klutz I am. I've never even had the guitar "set up," and there's almost no buzzing on the fretboard. A few months ago I started having a problem with the switch which sometimes cuts off the sound from the bridge pickup by mistake. I'll get the switch replaced at some point, but it really hasn't been a big deal. Value: 110% worth it. Manufacturer Support: I've contacted Schecter plenty of times, most recently about the switch problem, and they are always pretty quick to reply and very helpful in their responses. They helped me figure out that it was in fact the switch that was causing it, and not the pickup. The Wow Factor: The picture doesn't remotely do the guitar justice. When I bought it, I assumed it would just look like mud. When I opened it up, my mouth dropped. It's a BEAUTIFUL dark reddish brown stain with a very stylish but not overly prominent wood grain. The shaped top is smooth and feels fancy. People are always surprised that it's only $400. Overall: Schecter has a winner here. They should come out with some more improved updates on this design, instead of all the more-expensive 28" scale length metal-monsters they're putting out now.

"Solid build" submitted January 29, 2014

By Joel McElrath in myrtle point, OR
Overall
Musical Background: 6 years+, home recording artist, guitar bass.
Music Style: Math rock, post rock/metal, progressive music.
Overall: This guitar exceeded my expectations. I bought this after having sold my Ibanez s-8 a few months back I regretted doing that but all is well. The hardware is solid and the finish is perfect. I play math rock and i wanted more ranges for tapping and extended chords. which i couldn't get on my 6 and 7. Compared to the ibanez that ways 700 dollars this schecter is just as well built, if not better. the ibanez had poor fret work a lot of sharp edges while my omen 8 has no sharp frets. the scale length is pretty good its half an inch shorter than a standard ibanez neck but it feels comfortable. the profile of the neck is very comfy and thin. its not as flat as an ibanez neck but its just as thin as well as more comfortable in my opinion. This guitar puts of awesome cleans (mostly what i use it for.) and it has a good progressive metal sound as well, I used to play Djent and prog metal but am evolving as a musician. Overall great guitar for the price, couldn't have expected more.

"Great Deal for the Money!" submitted May 17, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Fusion
Sound: The stock pick ups are ok. The voicing is nice on all three settings. The neck pick up is outstanding. It does a great job of picking up the lows and mids. I mostly use the bridge pick up. The tone is good. The sound is crisp. Schecter does a great job in developing guitars that are affordable and sound great. It is playable directly out of the box. I played it live and it sounds great through my amp models. I recorded a few riffs too. The slap sound that you'll hear on the strings while playing live didn't come through in the recording (I'm happy to report). I'm planning to replace the stock pick ups with DiMarzios. All of my guitars have DiMarzio pick ups. Feature: I love the tuning keys. This instrument has a great tuning system. The guitar can take a beating and stay in tune. The features are pretty standard...a three way toggle, one volume and one tone knob. I'm not into bells and whistles on a guitar. A lock in tuning would be a nice feature. Scheter doesn't install them on any of their 8 string products that I've seen. The standard features are fine with me. Ease of Use: I love the neck. It is thin. I expected a thick neck. I can easily wrap my fingers around the entire neck. I was able to get some great sounds from the guitar straight away...no worries. It is a very playable guitar. I have been playing 7 string guitars now for the past decade. So, it was an easy transition for me to make...no worries. It is a very comfortable instrument. I love just sitting down and noodling with it. Quality: It is a very well made guitar. I got the walnut stained version. It is actually a beautiful instrument. I looks much better in person. The pictures on the Internet does not do it justice. The parts were solid and tight. I don't think you'll find a better tuning system on a guitar for this price. I don't have any complaints at all on the quality. Value: This is the best value for an 8 string. I would expect to pay more for this instrument. Manufacturer Support: I have never required support. I will give it a 10 out of 10 just because I like Schecter. The Wow Factor: For me, this guitar is just practical. If you want to experiment with an 8 string, then this is the way to go. It is a lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend this guitar for professional musicians. It doesn't look really cool. Overall: I will supplement this guitar with higher quality pick ups. Most guitarist do this...even if you have a $3,000 Les Paul, you will change the pick ups.

"awesome" submitted November 14, 2011

Musical Background: 48 years, all string instruments, drums and piano
Music Style: rock blues country
Sound: ti is awesome Feature: the fret board is great fast Ease of Use: a little learning curve because of 8 string be it was easy Quality: i am very picky and i was perfect Value: yes i checked several places zz had the best price plus great to deal with Manufacturer Support: yes to ask for best tuning they suggested theu were great Overall: as fast as i could

When you call, mention priority code 16G9-BL74. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976