When you call, mention priority code 20X-VF03

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Omen 7 Guitar

Don't wait for an omen to tell you that you need this 7 string guitar. It features a basswood body, 2 Diamond humbucker pickups and a Walnut Satin finish.

"Great Guitar!" submitted May 18, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: Hardcore, Metal
Sound: The sound is decent. It's not top knotch. The pickups get a little bit muddy. I have since changed the pickups to blackouts and what a difference that made! I would highly suggest doing that. Feature: My only complaint is I wish it had two volume controls. Ease of Use: Action came surprisingly low. The intonation was slightly off but only on a few strings. The guitar came with what seemed like super lights. Even in standard tuning the strings felt sloppy and loose. Quality: I was extremely surprised by the quality of this guitar. The neck finish and headstock look great. I purchased the walnut satin and thought the headstock was a gloss finish but it is matte which I think looks great. Value: This guitar is by far worth the money. It has great build quality and plays very well. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them so far. The Wow Factor: Guitar looks really good. I like that it's not black. Overall: I expect to own this guitar forever. I really am enjoying this guitar.

"Metal 7 string for a great price!" submitted March 1, 2005

By a customer from sinikil.com
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Love the sound, I normally play ESP's but this keeps up with them. Feature: not a lot of feature, but it is a guitar, but the tuners are very small for a 7 string and that comes in handy. Quality: Everything came In great shape on it, and mine is still in great shape except for a little slit in the bottom, but iI think that was my fault Value: Great Price, Great guitar. Manufacturer Support: I don;t know so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: I want another one, This guitar Is probably my favorite to use on stage right now, but I would get another in a heartbeat! Overall: All I can Say is it works for me! See for your self

"This is a beautiful guitar!" submitted November 28, 2012

By Robert M in Everett, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Ten years, non professional. Seven string guitar, Six string guitar
Music Style: Metal, Death Metal, Hardcore, Punk Rock
Sound: The sound is really good, however I would recommend taking it to a guitar tech and have it set up, the B string is a little buzzy. Feature: The most useful features are the tuners in my opinion. They are great!. Aside from that, the guitar is plain and doesn't offer much in other features. It doesn't really need to though. Ease of Use: It was as easy as tuning it. Quality: This product is very well made. I would trust this product for many many years. Value: This guitar offers great value, buy it today. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to use support. The Wow Factor: I would buy another one in an instant. This guitar is great. Overall: Right out of the box I was amazed on how beautiful this guitar is. I got it in white, and it is an off white compared to my other white guitar which makes it look really good. The guitar sounds good, I play it in drop A, so I will need to get it set up a little so that the B string doesn't buzz. The weight is good, not much more than my Les Paul, it is comfortable to play and I really like it. The payment plans at zZounds are great and I am very happy with my purchase. I also got the guitar in four days and chose the free shipping option, so that was pretty cool.

"Very pleased " submitted November 13, 2014

By Anthony Philpott
Music Style: Metal
Overall: Got this guitar a couple days ago. Decided I wanted a seven string but didn't want to spend a fortune on my first one. This one fit the price and plays great. The only problem I have had with this guitar was whenever I took it out of the box the strings were pretty much slammed onto the frets. But just adjusted the truss rod and it's perfect. Would definitely buy another one of these guitars!

"Schecter 7 string" submitted February 11, 2014

By johnny l in austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: pro,working R & B band and church band,,over 42 yrs exp.,guitar,bass,drums,keyboard and vocalist and
Music Style: R/B ,blues,pop,rock,top 40,Christian
Overall: Wow !! guitar looks and sounds great !!,better than I thought it would on both counts !!Elegant finish,set up well,shipped very quickly ! and pay plan fits a working musician to the tee !! Neck is a great fit for me,good action,,,will definitly buy from you all again !!!

"Omen 7" submitted September 23, 2015

By Duncan P in Piedmont, OK
Musical Background: Just play for fun
Music Style: nu metal, progressive metal, hard rock, and alternative rock
Overall: A wonderful guitar! I didn't have high hopes, but when it got in I couldn't stop playing it. Not the best pickups but they sure aren't bad ether. I have two other 7 strings, one a music man pj70, and the a Jackson. I think I've been playing my omen more than both of them.

"The sexiest litle thing!!" submitted August 12, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: I had about a year of lessons before my purchase. now I play for fun
Music Style: I like all sorts of music. However I enjoy metal most.
Sound: It is very destinct and beautiful sound. It plays smooth and has nice character. Feature: I got a nice omen series soft case with my guitar. I also got an extra extension for my amp. Quality: My guitar has been abused a little bit, it still is with-out scraches and the strings hold up very nicely. Value: This guitar is incredible. I am really getting what I payed for. I am very pleased. Manufacturer Support: Schector has stood behind this product every step of the way. I have had no trouble with my omen and look forward to purchasing another guitar from them. The Wow Factor: It is sexy! I already own the guitar but think its great. They have a great selection of customizing looks for each guitar. My favorite is the metallic blue. This color is deep and gives a sensual appeal. LOL I know it sounds funny , but its nice! Overall: I have already had my guitar for two years and am still addicted to touching it. Even if I am not playing it, the look of it sitting there just makes You feel you need to touch it.

""Change PUP's, Good Stuff"" submitted December 3, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, in a band aswell.
Music Style: Metal
Sound: The stock pickups in this guitar are extremely horrible. They don't give you the punch you need for such low tuning. If you do however change these pickups to Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz models, this guitar will sound like its a C-7 Blackjack with a bolt on neck. Change the pickups to probably any other pickup on the market worth more than 69.99 and the sound quality goes right up to a perfect 10! Feature: The grover tuners are probably the best part about this guitar. You rarely ever need to retune. If you change the strings, the tuning process will probably only take 2 or 3 retunings and then your set for weeks. The neck is kinda thick, but if you lower your action, it doesn't ever get in the way. The thing that does get in the way is the body of the guitar when you try to reach up to the higher frets. You can't play them freely like you can on the Ibanez 7 string available for the same price. Ease of Use: The seven string took me about 2 weeks to get used to. It was insane learning tabs that are made for six string guitars, but when you get it you never want to stop playing. The growl of the seven string is simply awesome. I play it through a Zoom Gfx-5 and it sounds wicked. Quality: I think the quality of Schecter guitars are amazing for the price. Where else could you get grover tuners for this price. Ive had mine for 7 months now and i havent had any serious problems. This is most likely due to the fact that they are set up in the U.S. rather than over in Korea. Value: If you want an awesome 7 string for this price, you've got to go with this one. Set it up, and change the pickups and, it is unbelievable! I can't explain how well it sounds and plays. Manufacturer Support: Never had to but because its Schecter, I give em a Ten! The Wow Factor: Can't go wrong with the black one. Can't say I suggest that blue colour though. Overall: Probably keep this one forever. I'll get a Hellraiser when i can Afford it.

"ROCKIN' AXE" submitted July 7, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Session guitar player
Music Style: Rock, Intsrumental rock, classic rock, Blues, Mariachi (on classical guitar), and metal(new and old)
Sound: the sound is not too bad, it's actually pretty good, when i got a 7 string guitra i did not know what i was getting into, i hated 7 strings because i couldn't get used to it, so i took off the low B string and moved all the other Strings down 1. but with 6 strings and a little bit of space at the top to bend down instead of up is pretty cool feeling. and im telling you it may sound kind of funny, but if you do this this guitar can sing!! Feature: I like the guitar a lot, i just wish it had a smaller neck. and i love the coil tap, it gives it some dimensions for a fat sound or a really heavy metal sound to it. and i gotta say the stock strings were not that great, i played with them for about 15-20 minutes before i changed them. but overall the features are pretty good. Ease of Use: very ease of use. i can easily tweak it to my sound that i want without any pedal or stuff like that. Quality: this product is made pretty good, i guess its just a question of where you keep in your house: is it too cold?, or too hot? or too dry? a lot of people have different opinions about it, some are bad, some are good but the only question is: are we taking care of our guitars like we should be? if we are then we should have no problems Value: couldn't ask for a better price. Manufacturer Support: never had use it. The Wow Factor: i already have it Overall: i am very satisfied with it but quite doesn't meet my musical goal yet, but there are others that will, i just haven't found them yet. this is my 4th guitar but like i say there will be others to come.

"How a Omen can be a very very good thing." submitted May 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: everything from metal bands to worship teams.
Music Style: mainly metal, but all styles are cool..just no hip hop please
Sound: My omen 7 is the final touch on my tone quest. The low B adds just the right amount of color to my mix. Even unplugged the omen rings thanks to the string thru body and the tusq nut. Im currently running it into a peavey vypyr 75 watt combo amp. The high gain models let me hammer out some straight grooves while the others sound great also. Feature: the omen 7 came strung with d'addario strings, which i was going to put on anyway. A allen wrench for the truss rod was also included. It is a straight forward guitar..volume, tone, and three way selector switch.The neck takes a little getting used to as it is wider of course. i also prefer unfinished necks on my guitars with a coat of lemon oil, but the finish on the omen is quite smooth, not tacky at all. The stock pickups are strong but need a little more definition. overall it is a beast that has quickly become my favorite. Ease of Use: To quote G-n-R, its so easy, easy. once I got the low B down it is quite smooth. Quality: Schecter has always put out solid awesome sounding guitars. I used to have a Damien 6 and it was solid as stone also. When the guitar arrived, i was amazed at the way it was packed for shipping. a box in a box with absolutely signs of damage in anyway to the inner shecter box. Straight out of the box it was playing within a few minutes after tuning up. i would have no doubts about taking it gigging, and will stay steady night after night. Value: For the price, you cant beat it. zzounds has the lowest priced highest quality instruments around. Manufacturer Support: I havent had to contact schecter for anything and dont forsee myself having to for a long time. The Wow Factor: The wood grain walnut finish is nice. Im waiting for the current string to wear a bit then im going to go over the whole guitar with lemon oil. its gonna look sharp; Overall: i plan on having this guitar for a very long time. if it was stolen, i would certainly buy another one.

"Great for your first seven string!" submitted October 6, 2005

Musical Background: Drummer for 8 years, Guitarist for 1 1/2 years
Music Style: Hard and Progressive Rock
Sound: I've noticed that I can get anything I need, The bass on the low strings comes though, the same with the mids, and the highs. A very balanced sound. The fact that it is a string-through also make it resonate very well. Feature: I love the grover tuners, they stay in tune so well! It only came with some alan wrenches and a small guitar cable though. Quality: The grover tuners are a luxuary. The finish looked great and I love the matching headstock. I have a chip in the paint but that was my fault but to me it seemed liked it chiped very easily. Value: Yes it's worth that in more. What it may lack in durability (not sure, only had it for 2 weeks) it makes up for in sound. Manufacturer Support: I'll give them the benifet of the doubt. The Wow Factor: Black is sexy. It would look even sexier if the hardware was black. I've considered buying black hardware for it. The shape is really nice and I love the "lines" that the reflection of light makes on it. Overall: This my first guitar and I love it!

"eypopping guitar with good sound and comfortable playibilty" submitted June 23, 2004

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: metal
Sound: the sound is pretty god , the brisge is a little thin and muddy unless u use a really good recto and the neck is great to solos with high distortion and for sparkling clean tones Feature: the features are great, tuneres are stable,electronics are easy and smooth and has a very comfortable body. Quality: quality is great, finish is flawless but the elecrtronics cold be a little better Value: if i lost it i would kill and buy a new one! Manufacturer Support: hopefully won't have to deal with them The Wow Factor: ALREDY GOT IT.... LOVE IT ! Overall: overall it is a great guitar for the price.

"Omen 7 - 2003 design" submitted May 16, 2003

Music Style: Progressive metal, Thrash metal, classical
Sound: The sound is very cutting with lots of middle in it. It can also produce hell of alot of bass if ya wanna. I play progressive metal with this baby and I love it. I'm a lead guitarist and the sustain this guitar offers is great. Feature: I like the whole feel of it, I could trust it as a weapon if needed! Quality: I'm a little upset about the tuners, and that's about it. They didn't have the stiff feeling as that of Ibanez or ESP... That's about it. Value: This is a pretty low-value guitar, but you can most certainly get the right amount of cash from selling (Like that would ever happen?!) Manufacturer Support: Pretty poor support I must say, out of 10 e-mails, I got 3 back... The Wow Factor: I WANT ANOTHER ONE! Overall: I would KILL if it got stolen...

"Awesome Budget Guitar!" submitted February 12, 2015

By Zack K in Grand Prairie, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for about 2-3 years.
Music Style: Metal, Progressive Rock, Alternative, Deathcore.
Sound: This guitar is undoubtedly built for metal. I am not sure, but the stock pickups in my guitar are actually decent in terms of build quality, so therefore, the low end is pretty powerful but the clarity is pretty lacking (mostly string separation and what not) I wouldn't say the pickups are muddy either, even a friend of mine (Who owns a KM-7) said the pickups were decently voiced. Nonetheless, if you feel like throwing in a blackout, jb, emgs, distortions etc.. you're only improving it ten-fold (as I read constantly in the reviews and forums) Feature: The TOM bridge is pretty decent, does its job and what not. String-thru body is definitely the best thing ever in terms of getting the best tone out of your guitar. Now, throughout the years of this production guitars' evolution (and many parts were exchanged a lot) my 2012 Omen has regular Schecter tuners, not sure if locking, but they keep my guitar nicely in tune after rigorous playing one day and next day not even having to touch the tuning pegs. Ease of Use: Now, of course, there is a 7th string (AKA your low B) and for some (like me) it is a learning curve, like getting used to an extra string, adjusting muscle memory and what not. Most would say the neck is either too thick, or too wide, but in the end (which I am not too sure) it just comes down to preference and is not an actual flaw. But for me, the neck couldn't be any better in terms of playability and is actually perfect for me. Quality: We're talking about Schecter here, of COURSE the quality is great, they put out nothing but great guitars with great quality hands DOWN. Value: Value is unsurpassed with ANY guitar of its price range. Period. Manufacturer Support: Never used them nor plan to, I expect nothing but greatness from Schecter and they succeed each time. The Wow Factor: Back in 2012 when I first saw this guitar, I was in love with the design and how it sounded (Watched a lot of videos with the guitar in use) and in late 2014 I actually got my hands on it and haven't had ANY issues with it. I am now in the process of buying the 2014 Blackjack C-7 model and my arsenal will be complete. Overall: This guitar is nothing but greatness and it speaks for itself quite well with no problem. As well as the price point, it's hard to beat a guitar of this quality.

"Pure Greatness in an Affordable 7-string" submitted October 18, 2014

By Zack King in Grand Prairie, TX
Musical Background: Guitar Player for 4 years
Music Style: Heavy Metal, Rock
Overall: There's literally not much to say but, wow, you really cannot go wrong with a guitar like this for the price... Spectacular performance and it's very solid.

Schecter Omen 7 Guitar Customer Review submitted February 27, 2008

Overall
Sound: I plugged this in through a flexwave combo, and the sound was amazing. The clean was pure and delightful, and the distortion was as heavy as anyone would want it. Feature: 7 strings. String through neck. Volume knob, tone knob, 3 way switch. Pretty standard. Ease of Use: Play it. Quality: The guitar is very smooth. The stock strings were absolute crap, and got replaced immediately. Another thing you might want to note is the extremely wide neck. That thing is a monster, but that's my preference. Value: Not the best guitar in the world, but the best for it's price, and good enough for any style you want to play.

"neck is way to fat" submitted September 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: the pickups are good for stock low end, they sound nice and with a good preamp you can deal with them, until you can afford EMG's, emgs will make it sound much, much better. Feature: everything is low end on this thing, basswood, maple, rosewood, dot inlays, "schecter" tuners and p/u's. features are the lowest of the low, but this is the LOW end 7 string, everything is built extremely well however. This thing has an extremely fat neck, if you have little hands, dont bother, its huge and cumbersome, the dump truck of 7 strings Ease of Use: it sounds nice for low end stock p/u's definately impressive with a GOOD preamp, the COIL TAP is great and adds dimension. The action can get down pretty low before buzzing like crazy. The neck is way too big, its fat and slow, and it feels like a baseball bat. Quality: awesome, absolutely awesome quality from schecter, for its price range. Value: its a great guitar if you dont need a good neck. the neck is just too big, plain and simple, its absolutely OBESE and really drags down this guitar and the damien 7. Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: nice styling in black, glossy and looks high quality, it seriously needs some decent inlays though. Overall: if it wasnt for the OBESE NECK i would have given this guitar a 9. for its cheeeeeeep price its a great 7 string that is ruined by a stupidly huge and fat neck which makes it extremely uncomfortable to play unless your doing 1 note korn and deftones garbage. if you have large hands give this guitar a try. if your looking to shred dont bother

"bought an ibanez 7-string? keep the receipt?" submitted July 6, 2007

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: hobby/ semi-profesional
Music Style: metal,rock,punk,scar,blues,funk,folk-metal,nintendo-core.
Sound: not bad, chuncky tone but tends to loose it a little at the top end. There ok but keep a little spare cos ul want to change 'em. Feature: the guitar is a lovely curvey shape but i think schecter couldve made it a bit more unique if they realy tried. Ease of Use: the necks a little chunky but meh, thats one of the disadvantages of a 7 string that you find, ever in guitars like the ibanez universe's and 7321's. Quality: its a schecter...enough said. Value: ive never played a guitar thats a 7 string as fairly priced and well equiped as this one. its head and shoulders above the rest. i look at people playing things like the ibanez 7321, and it makes me feel like a very wealthy man because it is both cheaper, and better than other competitors. Manufacturer Support: ive never needed it, remember...schecter! The Wow Factor: its not super sexy, but when evryone else in the room is playing rg shapes, you feel distinct, and presige among them. Overall: i love this guitar, it even beats my ibanez s470, which says alot considering that the ibanez s 470 was 420 Pounds!

"Shecter Omen 7" submitted June 4, 2007

Music Style: Metal,Rock
Sound: The pickups are incredibly muddy, i have never hear worse out of a seven string. Feature: Didnt appeal much more than any other guitar.. Ease of Use: Like i said, incredibly muddy pickups, and the neck was a baseball bat. Quality: The tuners will not hold my guitar in tune,I can almost blow on them and they knock the strings out of tune. Value: $300? save your money, get an Ibanez... Manufacturer Support: never dealt with them, the guitar told me everything about the company i needed to know.. The Wow Factor: fat neck... disgusting headstock? no chicks want to see that.. Overall: never again.

Schecter Omen 7 Guitar Customer Review submitted July 13, 2004

Music Style: metal
Sound: i thought the sound of this product was wonderful! Value: you get A LOT of bang for your buck with this one The Wow Factor: its good lookin and sounds great....what else would persuade me to buy it? Overall: nice......

When you call, mention priority code 20X-VF03. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976