When you call, mention priority code 12CZ-6M8Z

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Omen 6 Guitar

The Schecter Omen 6 offers serious attitude and playability. The Schecter Omen 6's 24 frets and Diamond pickups make it a great choice for leads.

Schecter Omen 6 Guitar Customer Review submitted May 13, 2010

By a customer from mac.com
Overall
Sound: I have to give this an 8/10 due to the pickups. They aren't THAT bad, but the bridge is a little bit muddy, especially as you add gain. The neck pickup is actually pretty nice. Also, the bridge pickup ended up breaking about a week after I bought it...probably a loose wire somewhere. I switched them for a DiMarzio Norton and DiMarzio Bluesbucker and now the guitar is easily a 10/10. The string-thru body gives a ton of sustain and the body gives a nice, tight low end. Feature: This guitar has everything I was looking for. It's simple and that's all I wanted. Ease of Use: I played it in Guitar Center and it was setup exactly how I wanted it to be. Quality: This isn't exactly a high-quality guitar when it comes to overall fit and finish. The stock pickups are definitely F-spaced, which means the poles don't line up with the strings. Once I replaced them with non-F-spaced pickups, everything was in better alignment. The pickup routing is also at an angle, which makes it harder to get things in perfect alignment. The finish on the body is great though and the neck seems to be pretty straight. Value: With another 10 minutes spent on fit and finish, they could double the price of this guitar. The Wow Factor: It's a Schecter. No one knows what that is. Overall: This guitar has some minor flaws, but come on, at this price point, it has to be expected. That said, the thing plays phenomenally. I've been playing for 15 years now and I gig regularly. I've owned them all: EBMM Petrucci, EBMM Luke, EBMM Silhouette, Ibanez JS, Ibanez PGM, Fender USA Strat, etc. This cheap little thing feels better to me than all of them. I bought this as a quick replacement after the Floyd Rose on my main guitar broke the night before a show. I played it out the day I bought it with the stock pickups. Some other guy brought some Les Paul Standard he dropped $2000 on and this thing SMOKED it. Tone is all in your hands anyway (and your amp, I think, haha...I run this through a Mesa Boogie Mark IV w/THD 2x12). This is by far the best guitar at this price point. It puts all the Ibanezes, etc. to shame. Add some new pickups for $150, practice hard, and you will thoroughly embarrass the guys who paid 5x as much for a brand name.

"Guitar is a steal!!" submitted January 24, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician turned hobbyist
Music Style: drum and bass metal, anything fast
Sound: Sound is good for this level of guitar. Some more bottom end would be good, but the thing is great for solos. The guitar doesn't feedback like my RG does at high volume. Feature: Very basic features. Thats great live when you want simplicity, doesn't need a lot of fiddling anyway. Ease of Use: With a little tweaking in your setup, you can really get good sounds out of it. It is retardedly easy to play. This is my soloing guitar. I love the size of the neck for fast movement. Chords are a kinda cramped for me though. Quality: Not bad at all for the money. I got mine back in 2002 and played live with it for 4 yrs. In that time I managed to put some nice gouges in the paint and my strap broke once and it fell off the stage. It broke the neck, but hey, a 6 ft. fall will do that to any guitar. Value: Can't beat it for the price. It has great looks, good playability, and it is easy to fix when you beat it to death. Manufacturer Support: Don't have to use them, thats the best support you can get- reliablity. The Wow Factor: This thing is like a Dodge Charger of guitars. Pretty quick, only needs a few tweaks, and I love the classic lines. I love the blue color. Overall: I don't play it as much anymore, but still drag it out once a month or so. I spend more time with my RG or Dean these days.

"My happieness is worth everything to me and for $300 I'm over satisfied" submitted August 4, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I record,do vocals, and play guitar now (beginner)
Music Style: Metal,hardcore
Sound: I am new to guitar but not to music recording,singer in bands over 14 years and this guitar sounds awesome for a beginner guitar.Only thing I'm going to upgrade is the bridge pick up to something more aggressive and strings.It's a beautiful piece and highly recommend this to any new or avid guitar player.I'm also super happy with Schecters complete line of instruments and plan on upgrading to have a spare. Feature: Wish it came with a strap or soft case but it's ok for 300 bucks I can't complain. Ease of Use: It plays so smooth and has an amazing tone.If you're into anything from jazz to metal itll perform extremely well. Quality: You won't find a better electric guitar for the price. Value: Way worth it Manufacturer Support: I gave it a 5 only because I've not had to deal with the company but their website is awesome The Wow Factor: The neck is plain wish it had inlays but obviously its price won't allow that option. I purchased the satin wood and it's gorgeous! Overall: I'm only buying from schecter now

"BUY IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!" submitted December 18, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Funk-metal, Nu-Metal, alternative
Feature: Pretty basic... Master volume and tone... but thats all that matters Quality: It's very well built and the basswood is great! Value: ITS WORTH A LOAD MORE THEN U CAN GET IT HERE! Manufacturer Support: Havn't had to ask for support so i wont put anything... The Wow Factor: The black is beautiful! The finish is incredible. It has a very nice strat body. Overall: Its kick ass... only complaint is that the humbuckers could be a just a bit stronger...

"Very good guiter" submitted May 8, 2005

By None
Overall
Musical Background: Hobyist, but have been playing for a long time
Music Style: Punk
Sound: The sound is amazing. With this guitar you can play any style of music. Feature: The guitar has a tone nob, a volume nob, and a pickup switch. Using the tone nob you can make the guitar really crisp and sharp, or really mellow and soft. It has allt he features you need Quality: I havn't had any problems at all with this guitar. I have even had some accidents with it, and it wasn't damaged at all. I'd say its pretty durable. Value: Great value! You get more than what you pay for. I know that many famouse rock groups use this guitar as a backup. Manufacturer Support: Havn't needed any. The Wow Factor: This guitar has sex appeal, just look at it. Overall: Just a good guitar and definatly worth the money. I'm never going sell it.

"SOLID FEEL, GREAT SOUND, AWESOME VALUE!!!!" submitted July 19, 2010

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Music Style: black, thrash, grind crust, METAL !!!!
Sound: this guitar has a very good solid sound, even without active pick-ups. the sound out of this guitar can compete with many other guitars twice this price. Feature: just a good well built guitar nothing fancy.. Ease of Use: this is a very easy guitar to get used to. nothing fancy. very easy to play and doesn't weigh a lot. stays in tune. Quality: hands down this guitar is built very well. its has a very solid feel to it. I'm sure this guitar will last me a long time. for the price you cannot go wrong. i strongly recommend you consider buying this guitar, especially ifs it your first guitar. you wont have to upgrade for a while.. Value: excellent guitar for the price.. well worth the $299.00. you won't find a guitar at that price that can hold up to guitars twice its price. Manufacturer Support: never needed any The Wow Factor: would defiantly buy another one if something would happen to this one.. Overall: A+++ price.. A+++ sound A+++ quality A+++ durability -the only reason i didn't give this guitar 10's was because nothing is perfect.. but this guitar for price, quality, and sound is a near perfect guitar.. you cant go wrong and wont be disappointed.

"Solid reliable axe with hot looks" submitted January 4, 2006

By a customer from knology.net
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: Very "rock guitar" sounding. The Diamond Humbuckers are powerful but are not very versatile. The sound has a lot of mids and highs but poor bottom end. The electronics are quiet and I believe suitable for live and studio work. I have only played it live. If you stay in the rock genre, you Feature: A very basic string through hard tail guitar. One volume, tone, and pickup switch. I have to say that the pickup switch does feel a bit on the cheap side but has not given me a problem in the past year and a half. Quality: This feels like a solid guitar. The shaped top adds a certain flair and lends itself to a much more expensive guitar. Mine is Electric Blue and really demands attention. As far as reliability, I've had mine knocked off its stand twice and never even fell out of tune. I expect this thing to last a very long time. I have a backup only for string breaks (I'm kind of heavy picked). Value: Probably one of the best values out there. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar whether you are just beginning or gigging every night. The Wow Factor: Though this is a basic guitar, it is very attractive. The shaped body and the smooth glossy finish really grabs your attention.

"Great Guitar :)" submitted April 11, 2008

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Beginner, Hobbyist
Music Style: Whatever I can manage
Sound: Sounds great thru my Crate Flexwave 15R practice amp. Feature: The frets are nice. My guitar was setup well. I love the way the black 2008 looks. Ease of Use: Very playable. Great for a beginner like me. Quality: A well made guitar. Solid and beautiful. Value: Worth ever cent. Best for the money. Overall: If your a beginner looking for a guitar this is the one to get! If your a pro on a budget its a good choice.

"THIS GUITAR IS WORTH CONSIDERATION BY NOVICES, PARENTS AND ENTHUSIASTS" submitted May 2, 2005

By a customer from myacc.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist...ex band manager
Music Style: whatever I can master
Sound: I JUST GOT THIS BABY AND HAVEN'T EVEN HOOKED IT UP TO MY EFFECTS, BUT THE SOUND IS STRONG AND CLEAN. GREAT GAIN ON VOLUME, THOSE THAT SAY THE PICKUPS ARE A LITTLE WEAK MUST HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE OR DAMAGED HEARING...OR BOTH. Feature: EVERYTHING IS CLEAN AND SIMPLE...I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING I DIDN'T NEED...THIS IS A SOLID CHEVY OF A GUITAR. Quality: JUST SUPERB...EVERYONE WHO SEES IT MARVELS AT THE BLUE SAPPHIPE COLOR AND FIT & FINISH...I WAS IMPRESSED THAT IT ARRIVED WITH NO COSMETIC DETAILS MARRED. ESPECIALLY GREAT IS THE TEXTURE OF THE NECK..VERY SLICK NON-STICKY FEEL..LIKE ITS GOT NATURAL TALCUM POWDER BUILT INTO THE WOOD. Value: THIS GUITAR IS ASTOUNDING IN IT'S QUALITY TO PRICE COMPARISON. I DIDN'T EXPECT WHAT I GOT FOR THE MONEY...GREAT, GREAT VALUE...GIVE THIS TO YOUR KID AS A STARTER GUITAR AND THEY'LL GO NUTS! Manufacturer Support: FAST DELIVERY, NO TECHNICAL GLITCHES AT ALL.. The Wow Factor: I GOT THE NEW BLUE COLOR...IT'S AWESOME..NOBODY WHO SEES IT DOESN'T REMARK HOW COOL THE BLUE BODY COLOR, PALE NECK AND ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD COUPLED WITH THE CHROME HARDWARE ARE. COULD USE A PICKGUARD, BUT THAT WOULD DETRACT FROM IT'S LOOKS...I'LL TELL YOU IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BODY LOOKS LIKE AFTER A BIT OF PLAY. Overall: I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SCHECTER CAN PU SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT ON THE MARKET FOR SUCH A GREAT PRICE. I'VE BOUGHT OTHER SCHECTERS FOR A LOT MORE MONEY, BUT THIS ONE HAS A CERTAIN SOMETHING...AN OPTIONAL LOCKING HEAD MIGHT BE GOOD, BUT I'M SURE WILL ADD A LOT TO THE PRICE.

"Great guitar, awesome quality" submitted October 25, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist for now
Sound: Im only playing on a 15W roland right now but in factory setup, It sounds great, good tone quality. Quality: I like the way schecter built this guitar its verysturdy feeling, while still beign pretty light weight. Value: I would definately say its worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I can t really say on this because Ive never had to deal with them so far. The Wow Factor: I love the look of this guitar, its really beautiful in black, I have the walnut satin and that looks great too. Overall: This is my first guitar, so I'll probably keep it for about another year or two, I can just upgrade and change pickups and stuff when Im ready. I'll probably be getting a bigger amp before I get rid of this.

"Darin Loccarini" submitted June 3, 2007

Music Style: RUSH
Sound: well, it's what you would expect from a low end price guitar with a bridge humbucker. pretty good in this case. it comed with daddario stgrings, but i'm going to throw on some cold blue steels and squeeze a little more grunt out of it. Feature: N/A Ease of Use: N/A Quality: finish is perfect. i've seen a few reviews complain about the set-up. mine was set up so well that when i first picked it up i was worried there would be fret buzz, but no problems. the set-up was perfect, very easy to play. Value: we all know this is one of the nicest guitars you can get for this price. The Wow Factor: dare I say it makes a nice "PRS look-alike" or at least a "look similar" to the non-player. I play all Lifeson, and he's been using the prs's a lot on last two tours (before S&A), but i just don't care for them myself. Overall: These things sell out for a reason!

"Great bang for the buck" submitted December 31, 2008

Music Style: metal, rock, fusion
Sound: Good, even balanced sound. Not a bad instrument acoustically speaking. The only thing I don't like is the medium/low output humbuckers. I prefer a little more output from my PUs Feature: A good, simple instrument. Quality: Quality is very good Value: You get what you pay for. And this guitar is worth the money. A good deal for a decent axe The Wow Factor: I'm more of a floyd trem and mahogany body kinda guy. This is a good guitar, but not high on my want it list.

"If your smart you will pick this guitar" submitted December 22, 2004

Music Style: metal,funk metal,alternative rock,rock
Sound: best sound i have ever heard out of a schector Feature: great features but not the best Quality: only better quality are gibsons Value: the guitar is worth alot more than its priced!! Manufacturer Support: didnt need any The Wow Factor: i wouldnt pick any other guitar over it Overall: there is only one guitar that i would consider gettin over this one and thats the K-7 Ibanez....but otherwise i wouldnt pick any other guitars

"get it its awesome ...go try one out at guitar center" submitted October 20, 2004

Overall
Music Style: blues rock jazz ,jazz fusion...oh yeah techno is also pretty sweet
Sound: the sound is alittle skimpy but with a mesa half stack it sounds just like an usa strat Feature: i wish it had a whammy bar and 2 humbucker and a single ciol in the middle Quality: perfect exept a bolt on neck Value: worth the cost The Wow Factor: get the walnut satin its awesome, feel and looks Overall: overall very nice guitar and sturdy yet still incredibly light.

Schecter Omen 6 Guitar Customer Review submitted October 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: i have a solid state marshall and this guitar sounds pretty good on it, but it just doesn't have the best tone. its great for clean finger picking, and for metal, but chords on clean don't sound good. Feature: no features, has 2 humbuckers a tone knob and a volume knob. Ease of Use: easy to use, no complications. easy to barre, easy to solo, easy to change strings; has a through body bridge. Quality: ...its made well but some things like the input jack are a little loose; schecter seems to have a problem with their input jacks, the nut always comes loose and has to be tightened, and it is impossible to permanantly tighten it, it always come loose again. also, my volume pot blew, and i had to get it replaced; which by the way was because of the input jack, i had to tighen it so much that the wires inside got twisted and pulled out. Value: not a valuable item, but a good guitar to start on for the $$$ Manufacturer Support: when my volume pot broke, i called up schecter, got a representative, and he even called me back at home when i had more questions. not a corprate feel at all, very friendly and helpful. The Wow Factor: it looks ok...

"Good guitar once you replace the pickups" submitted June 13, 2005

Music Style: Death Metal, Black Metal, Swedish Melodic Metal
Sound: This was my second guitar, I've had it for about 4 years, its not the string thru body model. I think the pickups on it suck really bad, I replaced the bridge humbucker with a Seymour Duncan JB and it sounds 100 times better, I have a Jackson Warrior and a Bc Rich Platinum Pro Beast, bothof them cost at least 500 and this guitar contends with them very well, for being cheap Feature: Same as any guitar, of course you're gonna get a volume knob, a tone knob, and a pickup selector, but I've had to rewire mine about 4 or 5 times because the way it was built was very cheap Quality: I've had to perform way too many repairs on this damn guitar, and have had to replace too many parts, the quality sucks, I had to replace the tuners, both knobs, the pickup switch, both pickups, the tailpiece, the nut, had to rewire everything 4 ot 5 times, and am constantly having to rewire the input jack Value: Better guitar than alot of higher priced Jacksons, Ibanez', and EsP that I've played, of course this is only after u replace the pickups Manufacturer Support: support is very good, when I ordered mine, I opened up the box and, what do I have, a guitar with the neck broken in half and two huge cracks on the body, I called Schecter, got a new one in 2 days, and also received 4 free sets of Dean Markley strings, a Schecter hat, t-shirt, and 2 free guitar cables, plus a 100 mail-in rebate, so I got the guitar for 199 The Wow Factor: this guitar is very sexy, I think its the paintjob, but something about Schecters is just so goddam beautiful, but it does not compete with most BC Rich, or Jacksons Overall: I have purchased a BC Rich Platinum Pro Beast, and a Jackson Warrior, and they own this guitar, but its still a pretty good one

Schecter Omen 6 Guitar Customer Review submitted October 1, 2004

Sound: this is def. the best thing i have ever bought and an increible price tag

"Amazing!" submitted October 18, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: Great sound...I am not a very experienced guitar player, but I am able to get the sounds I want. Feature: The stock strings obviously need to be replaced rather soon, but everything else is great. The pickups make this guitar sound amazing. I love having 24 frets to work with. A few people complained that there is only one tone knob, but I like that simplicity. Ease of Use: Very easy. I got this guitar almost a year and a half ago, and at that time, I was having trouble switching between chords. Something about this guitar just makes you better than you really are. Quality: For what it is, this is great. It is obviously not the greatest guitar, but for the price, it can't be beat. Value: $300 is a great price for this guitar. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any, but most people said support was good. The Wow Factor: I have the electric blue model, and it is great. To quote another reviewer, "I have just decided that I am going to make love to it." Overall: I will be plugging in this guitar for a long time.

"Amazing Guitar." submitted September 30, 2011

Musical Background: Soloist
Music Style: rock/ metal
Sound: i love the sound and tone of this guitar. its great. Ease of Use: great sound quality from pick ups. clear sound awesome crunch without the over kill. Quality: this guitar is very well put together. Value: awesome playing/sounding guitar at a very affordable price. The Wow Factor: great addition to set up, it has a plain look, and to me that makes it sexy. it dont need all the bells and whistles to create a killer sound. Schecter delivers. Overall: i will always search for another product. i like different styles and sounds, but even though there is a les paul in my near future i love this guitar.

"This Guitar is great for anyone at any level and its priced well too" submitted January 15, 2006

Overall
Sound: The strings buzz a bit Feature: The guitar is great Quality: The Finish had some specks on it and it had a scratch on the back One of the Hmmbuckers was loose

"Pretty sweet deal" submitted April 2, 2007

Overall
Sound: Sounds great for metal and hard rock, clean could use some work. Feature: not many features, 2 pickups 1 volume 1 tone knob Ease of Use: Very easy to use. im young and ive only been playing about 2 years but when i first got i could get the sounds that i wanted. Quality: had it for a year and had no problems Overall: ive had it for a year and i still love it. It doesnt compare to a les paul or american strat but it is sweet.

"This guitar kicks ass!" submitted December 21, 2004

Music Style: rock, nu-metal, metal
Sound: It has really good sound when you play clean but the humbuckers are just a bit weak. But overall I'm very impressed with the sound. Feature: Very basic it's all you need tone and volume. Quality: Very well made. Very strong and great hard wood. Value: Its worth much more then it costs! Manufacturer Support: Havn't needed it so i'll go with a ten! The Wow Factor: A sexy guitar... It has a great black finish and the body is real sleek. Overall: It's a great guitar! I'm very glad i picked it.

Schecter Omen 6 Guitar Customer Review submitted November 16, 2004

By guiatrplyr
Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: punk rock
Sound: its pretty good but not the best Feature: they are alright Quality: good Value: its a pretty good price for that quality of guitar Manufacturer Support: not bad The Wow Factor: i like it Overall: i expect to have it for about two years

When you call, mention priority code 12CZ-6M8Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976