When you call, mention priority code 1409-MJ67

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Loomis-7 FR

Go goth with this Jeff Loomis-approved 7-string. Metal cross inlays adorn the maple fretboard, while a pair of EMG 707 active humbuckers deliver meaty tone.

"Schecter Jeff loomis" submitted December 17, 2012

By Gary G in Schofield, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years,Teach 70 students a week.
Music Style: Rock, Metal,Jazz,Classical,
Sound: You can play anything on this guitar it will clean up when turning down the volume,so it doesn't have to be just foe metal.Really depends on your playing skill. Feature: For me the pickup switch is a little low,but everything works well together on this guitar. Ease of Use: Plug it in and it's ready to go.Pretty simple design volume knob and pickup switch. Quality: Better quality than guitars that cost twice as much. Value: For the price range I think a case could come with the instrument. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: For me it is pretty close to perfect. Overall: I was worried about the neck reviews,while it is large it is a comfortable playing neck.After playing the guitar going back to a six string left me with the feeling of only half a guitar. The volume pot on mine was bad and stuck in certain spots,but I replace those anyway so no big deal. It came tuned to standard,after tuning flat and resetting the bridge the Loomis model does exactly what I need it to do. Great overall purchase. I've seen a lot of reviews about how big the neck is and it's lack of access to the 24th fret.Give it a week or to and you'll adjust so for me it really doesn't seem like a big issue.

"The most precious thing I have ever owned" submitted November 10, 2013

By david thompson in allston, MA
Overall
Music Style: Metal, rock, and classical guitar.
Overall: This guitar is very under priced for what you are getting. Its very large in scale and the neck is ridiculously comfortable and playable at break neck speeds down to the last fret. In fact this is easier to play than any 6 string I have ever had. Now i can play songs in standard tuning like stairway to heaven and have a 7th low string to start playing something heavy like the river dragon by nevermore. This guitar rings beautiful tone with the solid body and perfect construction. I finally have not felt the need to look for a better guitar, and that takes alot because my eyes wander easily. This is easilly the most precious thing I have ever owned and its challenging me to catch up with it and get better at guitar to match its power.

Schecter Loomis-7 FR Customer Review submitted June 28, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and Recorder
Music Style: From Worship to Metal
Sound: "Completely satisfied"... These are the only two words I can use for the description of this instrument. The wood combination and the marriage to it's components are flawless. I was worried, at first, that the EMG 707 pickups were going to be beefy uncontrolable one-trick ponies; and I have been pleasantly surprisd at the organic feel of their playability. (Kudos EMG) This is the first artist series guitar that actually plays as good as the player who it was designed for. I would buy at least two more for some alternate tunings... I play Drop Ab currently and the low Ab rings out clear and unfettered. Feature: Ash tone wood with a set thru maple neck present you with the one two punch of sustain meets tone. (plus no laquer translates into uncomprimised resonance...) Not to mention that "hell yeah" feeling every time you play this instrument. Then the Original Floyd pulls you in further with it's perfect design. The ONLY gripe, for this instrument, is that I wish their was a sculpted body where the arm rests against the body, but I suspect it would effect the tone and result in me getting frustrated and wishing for the opposite. Ease of Use: This is an excellent instrument that can get almost any sound you want. It is extremely playable, well built, and very comfortable to play... As a seven string, if your really wanting an all around player without having to buy replacement pickups or worrying what the bridge will be good enough... A "Real World" assessment would be to buy this guitar. Which is incredible considering most Schecters are utter crap. (Kudos Schecter) Quality: Built well. Biult strong. Made to last. Made to Play. Value: Most neck thru instruments with an Original Floyd and EMG 707s would run you easily into the upper thousand price range... Schcter nailed this one on the head and threw in a maple fretboard to sweeten the deal... Manufacturer Support: The best support is the one you don't need to use. The Wow Factor: Looks great. Plays great. Makes me want to buy another. Overall: The build quality and the playability lead me to believe that, barring fret damage, I will play this guitar for years and years without issue...

"A thing of beauty..." submitted February 21, 2013

By Aaron L
Musical Background: 13 years, playing and gigging with bands
Music Style: Hard rock
Overall: I bought mine in early December (writing this on Feb. 23rd), and I have nothing but good things to say about it. First off, the neck feels smooth as a baby's bottom. This is my first Floyd Rose and it only took me about 20 minutes to get it to the tuning I wanted. I found the trick is when you lower the tuning of one string, it actually RAISES the tuning of the others, so tune all of the strings a bit lower than you were hoping to and it will kind of even off. You'll see, if this is your first FR tremolo. Anyway, the product arrives in just a couple days and it meets all of my demands. I'm in a hard rock band in St. Louis called Arythma and it's perfect for my style. Sound: Amazingly clear. This is also my first guitar with active pickups. The EMGs sound great when using distortion--just sensitive enough to pickups all the harmonics (articial and natural) that I want it to, yet not so sensitive as to make a bunch of noise or humming. Amazing cleans, Amazingly crisp distortion. I've been playing through a half-stack that I picked up at guitar center used for $150. Yes, $150 dollars. My other guitarist plays a Mesa Triple Rec and I've been able keep up at practice. I attribute that to the quality of the guitar. My tuning is Ab, Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb and it's crystal clear. Feel: Perfect 10. That's all I can say. For the record, my other guitar is a PRS SE and I actually regret when I have to switch to it at practice. I love this guitar that much. If you play jazz, blues, classical, speed metal, or w/e, this guitar will give you the feel you're looking for. Hardware: All good notes, with one minor thing with the Floyd Rose. Maybe there's something up with mine specifically, but if I dive bomb the tremolo a couple times, it slightly detunes the strings. Like I said, it's probably something specific to mine, but just figured I'd put that out there. All the hardware doesn't seem "cheap."

When you call, mention priority code 1409-MJ67. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976