When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-ZYNV

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Keith Merrow KM7

This Schecter KM7 delivers punishing distortion thanks to Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Sentient pickups, plus the rock-solid stability of locking tuners.

"KM7 Guitar" submitted December 23, 2016

By Brad H in Wichita Falls, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for 12 years, jamming at home and with band twice a week.
Music Style: Metal, rock, pop
Sound: Swamp ash body, flame maple top, ebony fingerboard, and Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient pickups - Sounds amazing. Has a good punchy bottom end that doesnt sound flubby, cutting snarly sounding midrange and a nice chimey top end ensures your sound is well balanced and heard through the mix. I play through a Laney Ironheart 120 and the pickups sound lean and mean and everything in between. Feature: Packed with features. Locking tuners are amazing, hipshot bridge is super comfy for the hand, satin finish is smooth as silk.. or well, satin really.. Push pull coil tap feature is my only complaint. After I had the guitar for a couple months, the push pull knob started going out on me, I had intermittent signal interruption because of the volume knob, a slight bump, or turning it all the way up cause the signal to static and sometimes cut out. Simple fix- i yanked it out and put in a regular volume knob, problem solved. Just wish I didnt have to do that on a new guitar. So I docked a few points on that aspect but other than that the features on this axe are pleasant and very well thought out. Including something as small as where Keith decided to move the volume knob and pickup switch. Very well thought out. Ease of Use: Super easy to use if you know how to play guitar. My first 7 string and surprisingly easy to get used to the wider neck for the extra string. Scale length wasnt an issue as I own the PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone with a 27.7" scale length, so it was easy to get used to. Quality: Very well made, my only complaint is the flame top isnt as "flamey" as the earlier models, some of the wood striations go across the flame striations more prominently giving it more of a criss-cross pattern look instead of the normal flame look. Everything else is well put together, binding is clean and tight, pickups are great electronics are nice and neat, satin finish is smooth and consistent. Its a very well made guitar, minus the flame top variations, but that's just me - I'm very picky about my flame tops, wish zZounds would let you see the actual guitar and choose from them like the way sweetwater does so you can see what your actually getting. Value: Very good value. Highly recommend for someone wanting to try out their first 7 string. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with them so that goes to show the quality of what they put out. The Wow Factor: The finish is what drew me in firstly. I love flame maple tops. I love white guitars. I never really saw a guitar that was both because white's not typically a see through finish. I stumbled upon this guitar and my jaw dropped when I saw that it was a trans white with a flame maple top. The flat trans black on the back and sides is a wonderful contrast to the white top. I go for finishes first, you can always make the guitar sound how you want with your setup so looks and feel come first for me. Overall: Excellent guitar for the $1K price range. Packed full of features that other guitar companies charge an arm and a leg for. Hipshot bridge, locking tuners, full body, neck and headstock binding, set neck construction, and my favorite surprise feature- the glow in the dark side inlay dots! They are magical and wonderful for dark stages. My band practices with minimal lighting to prep for the stage and these little inlay markers are just amazing. Stock with aftermarket pickups designed by Keith himself. Overall this guitar is just a wonderfully designed and well thought out instrument.

"Awesome guitar" submitted September 1, 2015

By Scott Weisenborn in Visalia, CA
Musical Background: 25+ years, professional
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Christian.
Overall: This is my first 7 string and all I can say is it's a great guitar with great pickups and hardware. Finish is perfect. Plays great right out of box.

"km7" submitted August 16, 2015

By jason v in albany, GA
Musical Background: Been playing guitar 4 27 yrs
Music Style: Metal, rock, blues,
Overall: Ordered on the 12th in the around 9am had it at my door on the 14th now thats fast service zZounds. awesome!!!!...The guitar is the best 7 ive played schecter and keith did an fantastic job. I currently have a rg7620, Jackson slat3-7 and this km7 crushes them the tone of this guitar is incredible. the white satin really is cool, the grain of the maple cap dont really show in pics like it does when u see it. Dont really know much about Keith Merrow I am a fan of Loomis and was gonna go with the jl7 but im big fan of seymore duncans since I prefer my black outs over my emgs and the nazgul bridge pickup is killer...im glad I went with the km7 the neck is like butter and I love the 26 1/2 scale...buy this guitar u wont be disappointed...as far as out of the box playability the set up guy for the one I got must have been drunk or ready to go home when he set this one up, the neck pickup was down on one side and about to touch the b string on the other side and the action was too high luckly im my own tech so it was an easy inexpensive fix! After I did the initial set up it played like a dream!

"Great guitar. Came with the fret rattle to end all fret rattle." submitted July 1, 2016

By Codyq Kinsey in Fort Smith, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years, guitar,bass,umm guitar.
Music Style: Metal, Djent, Djenty metal, and jazz fusion
Overall: The guitar plays great. the SD nazgul/sentient set is amazing for low tuning. real snarly and punchy on the nazgul and pristine bells on the cleans. Couldnt be happier. Did come set up like it was someones first time touching a truss rod but we could chalk that up to the humidity in Arkansas....Or can we....Lizard people, it wasn't a weather balloon.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-ZYNV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976