When you call, mention priority code 14N7-ZZ6N

Rating and Reviews: Schecter Damien Elite FR

The Schecter Damien Elite 7 FR has mean looks and a great sound. With a Floyd Rose Special Tremolo and 7 strings, the Damien Elite 7 FR expands your sound.

"Get this guitar " submitted July 17, 2013

By David R in Oswego, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, drummer, singer, producer. Play drums professionally.
Music Style: Technical/progressive metal
Overall: If you're looking for a dead serious 7 string with a Floyd you're not going to find one with this level of quality at this price. I see complaints of the neck being too thick, and I have to say that's dead wrong, my brother has a dean rc7, which is an AMAZING guitar itself. I've played it many times, and we both agreed immediately that the neck is barely noticeable in comparison. This is just such a solid guitar. It's basically 700 for EMGs Grovers and a Floyd. Extremely high quality wood, and an extremely high quality finish all around. Any other company would charge double for this guitar and people would buy it knowing it is worth the money. Schecter nailed it so hard with this guitar. Also, shipping was the most pinpoint accurate I've ever experienced from zZounds, which was great. Thanks for the great experience and the seriously great guitar!

"Thick and Meaty tone from an AMAZING looking METAL AXE!" submitted May 9, 2011

Overall
Sound: This guitar sounds awesome. Great Heavy Metal Pickups in combination with the wood types give a tone more thick and meaty then all of the contestants off the biggest looser. But there is a price i had to pay for such awesome tone. I also own a Ibanez prestige which in my opinion has the most comfortable neck no matter what speed or genre or playing. This neck on the other hand is more thick which is what I find less comfortable, and you have to work harder to play even simple stuff compared to the Ibanez neck. You might be thinking "it probably won't make that much difference" but when you go to play live with it you will wonder how much better off you would be if the neck was made thinner and more comfortable. Feature: The only upgrade it needs is a thinner neck and a Floyd rose Tremolo. But don't let that put you off, this guitar is great value for your money. Ease of Use: As I send i would love a thinner neck. Also the 24th fret is reachable but there is no chance of being able to shred up there with ease. Quality: This product is road worthy. It Probably take 5-8 wackes on the floor before you could smash this thing. When I got it everything is perfectly to factory specs. Value: This guitar would be worth double the price if it had a Jackson Logo instead of a Schecter one. Manufacturer Support: Who needs support from the manufactures on a guitar. Seriously? The Wow Factor: Very sexy, Gothic mother of pearl inlays. I Want It! Overall: If I some how get famous and was gigging with every night needing accuracy in my playing, I would defiantly swap if for an Ibanez Prestige 7 string. But that costs 3x the price.

"Beautiful Guitar" submitted July 11, 2013

By Paul Boatner in Lake Village, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for several years, play guitar, jam at home
Music Style: old school rock, heavy metal
Overall: Just got this guitar and after doing alot of homework i am so glad i got it. I got crimson red and it is beyond what i expected! Had to fine tune when it came in but no big deal. Everyone complains about the neck but to me it feels great in my hands. The EMG's sound great and when you play clean it sounds just as good. This is a great guitar for the price..grover tuners, floyd rose, emg's great look and feel. The weight is probably simular to a les paul but i am not a fan of light guitars. The sound is amazing beefy but crisp. If you play a six string it will take a little getting use to but no biggy. Quality is second to none. Thanks ZZsounds and Schecter you hit this one out of the park!!

"Schecter still leads the pack" submitted December 9, 2010

Musical Background: Recorder, Musician
Music Style: Metal
Feature: EMG's 81/85, Floyd Rose Special Trem, Grover Tuners, seriously do you need more? Quality: Solid quality, built like a tank. You could definitely tour with this guitar Overall: This is a great guitar and hands down the best value/quality you can get at this price. Its great for playing metal and if you're on the fence about getting a 7-String, dont be. This guitar plays as good as it looks.

Schecter Damien Elite FR Customer Review submitted March 24, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound is, alright for the style I am playing. The overall tone is well versed for the heavier, more agressive, play styles. There is room for clarity, which can be handled through a sonic maximizer, but my ESP with EMGs doesnt have the same problem. Yet, the maple topper and mahogany body gives that great warmth that any metal head could want. Just maybe a tweak or two. Feature: My only gripe about this piece, is that it is without the push/pull technology. The floyd rose has a nice smooth feel and the controls are firm and steady. The inlays are sharp, but it would be more complete with an ebony fret board. Ease of Use: It plays nice and has good sound, but the width of the neck will take some getting used to in transition from a six string. Which is to be expected with an extra string. Quality: A great quality for the price. Not to expensive, but enough to know you will have a good product. I beat the crap out of it and it stays in tune. Hats off to Schecter. Value: Yet again.... Great price for this guitar. I walked away feeling great about the purchase. The Wow Factor: Would love if it had better finish options.

"Straight up Metal machine value!" submitted November 6, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and Producer
Music Style: Metal, Drum and Bass, Breakcore
Sound: This guitar has the active EMG pickups, and sounds incredible. Tight lows and screaming highs, with lots of harmonics. I am currently only using it with NativeInstruments Guitar Rig 5, and I have so far had only good experiences. I will be purchasing a Line6 Spider IV Combo Amp for it, and look forward to hearing that combination of sound. Feature: The guitar came only with the tool kit for the floyd rose tremolo system. The only feature I wish this model had, was a see thru black finish option in contrast to the metallic black finish that I ordered. I would have chosen the see thru black, because I prefer the look of flamed maple to an opaque finish. The wiring of the tone knob, as basically being a sweeping selector between the two pickups, only with the toggle in the center position is also a bit lame, but the guitar still sounds amazing. Ease of Use: The feel of the guitar is the best that I have ever owned. The neck is fast, the guitar is relatively light weight, the archtop is super comfortable, and the cutaways provide easy access to the upper fretboard. Quality: This guitar is exceptionally built, there are a couple flaws, such as a small flaw in the finish in the neck/head joint, but its difficult to detect. The locking floyd nut also seems to be set a little crooked, but I would attribute that to its origin in S.Korea. Basically everything else about the guitar is flawless though. Value: Through looking at various models in other brands with similar features, I found the Schecter to be the most affordable. I don't feel that my selection has any downsides as compared with the Jackson, or ESP models. Manufacturer Support: The only reason it's not 10, is that I haven't needed to speak with their support, so I don't know how else to rate them. The Wow Factor: I think a bit more selection in finishes, or hardware color, perhaps even headstock shape would make this model much more attractive to a consumer. I would have much rather had a transblack flamed top on this guitar, as well as a reversed straight-7 headstock shape on this guitar, but those options were unavailable. Overall: I feel like I will hold on to this guitar as long as possible. I may eventually look to replace the neck/head so that I can have a customized fretboard and a straight-7 headstock, maybe even a new neck shape if I find one I prefer. I may change up the electronics on it as well, if I find a different set up that I prefer. I will also likely purchase another guitar, say one with a fixed bridge, or an 8-string model later on.

"exceptional buy" submitted April 21, 2011

Music Style: rock, drums
Sound: This is a great guitar for the price. the sound, the action, the detail, are all aeceptional. I can't tell the difference between it's sound and the sound a much moe expensive guitar. Feature: the floating tremolo system takes a little getting used to. It has all the lockdowns necessary to keep it in tune. Some complained about the width of the neck. If you are a good guitar player you are going to have long boney fingers, which makes the differnce in width irrevelent. Ease of Use: Playability is comparable to a much more expesive guitar. Quality: Its a great looking guitar. The metalic finish doesn't stand out as much in the black as it does the red. Value: Great price for what you get. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them yet.

Schecter Damien Elite FR Customer Review submitted September 16, 2010

Overall
Sound: If all you play is metal chugga chugga this guitar is for you. I tried to like the EMG pickups but they are too stale sounding for my playing style. They remind me of a metal zone sound pushing the front of your amp. The bridge is very bright sounding. The neck pickup sounds great dirty but on clean it reminds me of a piezo pickup. Very metallic sounding with your pick attack. Feature: For the price this guitar is built really well and top notch hardware. The body is a nice heavy chunk of mahogany and from what I can tell it is one piece with a quilted maple cap. Ease of Use: Few things I would like to point out. The neck is wide and the string spacing is wider than an Ibanez 7. Since the guitar is bolt on you will have a hard time reaching the upper frets. I found this guitar difficult to transition over to from a 6 string. Quality: Here is where the guitar fails and I am sure the issue I am having does not affect the rest of this model line. As stated above the guitar is high quality and stunning to look at. Mine had fret issues which could have been resolved with a pro set up. But Why would someone have to shell out another $100 for a full fret level and setup when Schecter states they inspect every guitar before it leaves the factory. My guitar would not intonate and playing open cords everything sounds out of tune. I may be picky but my ears are trained to hear perfect pitch and tunings. Value: For the features and the quality in a 7 string this guitar is worth the $599.00 street price. I wish the neck was the same radius as the Ibanez and A passive pickup option. Manufacturer Support: Schecter customer service is great. I picked up Hellraiser elite 7 string to sell that had a faulty emg. Schecter sent me a new one before I had to ship the defective pickup back. The Wow Factor: Stunning! Much better looking than the Ibanez 7 string guitars. Overall: I am sending mine back for the Ibanez.

When you call, mention priority code 14N7-ZZ6N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976