When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-QSGW

Rating and Reviews: Schecter BJ SLS C-1 FR S

The slim Schecter BlackJack SLS C-1 combines the infinite sustain of the Sustainiac driver with the scorching tone of the Seymour Duncan Full Shred pickup.

"Great Guitar " submitted June 27, 2014

By Curtis R in Milledgeville, GA
Musical Background: semi-pro playing music for over 20 years
Music Style: rock, blues, Christian, r&b
Sound: The sound quality is great. The bridge pick-up bites but is very warm. I was actually surprised by it thinking it was going to be very tinny but I was dead wrong. Of course the sustainiac in the neck is the reason why I bought it works to no end. Playing with the feedback is great! The coolest things is how you can get feedback using a clean sound! Talk about a change in pace! Feature: As mention above, the sustainiac is the best and what makes it work the best to me is the fact that it has a floyd rose tremolo. I wouldn't buy one without a floyd rose if you really want to have fun with that pickup. Pictures doing a dive bomb and coming back up with screaming harmonics! There you go!! Ease of Use: I'm coming from a fender strat to this and it is an adjustment for sure. The sounds are cleaner and thicker which I had to adjust to be a little tweaking of my amp and the sweet warm gibson like sounds start coming out. No it's not a Gibson but it surely reminded me of one when dialed in a certain way but this beast has it's own identity. Quality: Nice satin black finish. The binding was perfect and the neck and setup was pretty good out of the box. I made a few small adjustments for my liking and I've been rocking ever since. This is the lowest action guitar I've ever had. I barely have to press down and I'm there on the jumbo frets. The frets are easy to get accustomed to. It's not even a passing thought if you're used to smaller frets. Quality parts such as a real floyd rose and grover tuners makes this one a steal at the price. Beside that and Duncan pickups(not designed) makes this a must have. Value: This is worth the money all the way. If this was made in the U.S. it would be twice as much. Look at the specs for yourself. All of those appointments would cost your hundreds each to do what Schecter did on this. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support yet. The Wow Factor: Sustainiac = Wow Floyd Rose = Wow Construction = Wow Pickups = Wow This is a great guitar! Glad I have it! Overall: This is a really aggressive and sound exploratory guitar!

"Pleasantly Surprised" submitted September 26, 2016

Overall
Sound: Adjusting the bridge pickup allows you to get anything from a thick/warm tone to a thinner/cutting tone, with any variation in between. I raised the poles slightly and dropped the bridge pup down a bit which got me great clarity and pick attack with a thick (but not muddy) and warm tone. The sustainer pup has a bright tone with more fullness than you'd expect for a 24-fret. Feature: Purchased for the sustainer/whammy, which I don't use often at shows, but I can play the guitar all night and it can deliver everything from blues to ballads to some great lead capabilities once you get acclimated to the sustainer. Even without, the guitar has a naturally long sustain depending on your amp setting. A coil split for the bridge pickup would be a useful addition, but then I wouldn't need any other guitars at all! Ease of Use: First Floyd Rose, and we tune down one semitone, so that took a little on-line education. But after a brief adjustment session, I was able to dial the whammy bar and bridge pickup into a sweet spot. String changing is also quite different than non-Floyd guitars, so read up before you start snipping strings! Quality: The matte finish performs well without holding onto fingerprints/smudges, and the black-chrome hardware has a nice finish as well. A bit worried the matte may rub off and get shiny if cleaned too aggressively. You need to go easier on this finish than a lacquer. Grover tuners are very nice and the Floyd has micro tuners which is awesome for stage tuning. Fret job is good quality too - well set and leveled - no buzz and good intonation right out of the box Value: While under the matte finish, this may not be the finest woods, it is built very well. I own several more-expensive guitars with quilted tops, fancy bindings, etc...but this guitar sounds and plays equally well. It will have a place for me because of its unique features. Manufacturer Support: n/a (so far) The Wow Factor: It has a high "cool" factor because it is a beautiful guitar. Face it, your average audience member doesn't know jack about guitar building materials or electronics...but if it looks cool, sounds good, and you play it well, they are gonna love it. You will find you can play some things far better with this guitar than you can with your Les Paul or Strat, Overall: This guitar provides me with sustainer and whammy bar capabilities with a build quality that suggests it ought to cost quite a bit more. Great tone for classic rock, and the neck geometry is comfortably thin with great access up high. P/U adjustments have huge influence on the tone which makes it very easy to customize to preference.

"Schecter Blackjack" submitted March 15, 2015

By Kevin S in Rancho Cordova, CA
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 30 years. In a band
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Punk, Alternative
Overall: You get your money's worth with Schecter! Great quality, sounds awesome, looks awesome, and plays awesome. The slim line series reminds me of the feel of an Ibanez except you would have to pay about twice as much to get the same quality. This is the way to go. I've owned an ESP Eclipse, custom shop Strat, LesPaul, and Ibanez in the past Schecter's quality equals all of them.

"Best Guitar Regardless Of Price" submitted October 18, 2016

By Shannon M in Fishers, IN
Overall
Musical Background: A 30 year local gigger and non profit player. I just play because I love it.
Music Style: Mostly classic metal and rock. Some blues or country on occasion if the folks around the campfire want to hear it. I just like t
Overall: Of all the guitars I own, from my first $200 Squier to a $2000 PRS Custom 24, I find myself playing this 80% of the time. The neck is so perfect and fast, low action, no gloop on the neck to cause friction, it stays in tune so well that I removed my Boss tuner from my pedal board. The Full Shred is like a JB (best p/u ever made) boosted a bit on all the specs. Wonderful p/u. The Sustainiac is such a creative tool (and fun) that it opens up so many options on writing or even covering a classic and adding a new twist to it. The fit and finish is flawless. There is nothing I can say negative about this guitar. With some knob tweaking on both the guitar, amp and pedals, you can play any genre of music very well. It is mainly a metal/hard rock instrument, but I use it for blues, country and classic rock. Magic!

"Solid Metal Madness \m/" submitted April 8, 2015

By Carlos L in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 14 years; Multi-instrumentalist; Semi-Pro Loves all genres of music; play primarily Metal, Prog, Jazz, Indie.
Music Style: Loves all genres of music; play primarily Metal, Prog, Jazz, Indie.
Sound: To put it simply, this guitar is built for Metal. The Sustaniac in combination with the Floyd is tons of fun. You can get some very wild sounds out of it. Through a clean channel it sounds really bright. The tone knob doesn't really do much until it's turned all the way down (counterclockwise) that's when you get the jazzy/low-mid/muddy tone. Not sure if this was by design or by accident but it does create a barrier in the guitar's tone flexibility. Feature: Tone knob is not very responsive (see 'Sound' section). The Sustaniac is very fun as advertised, especially being paired with a great tremolo system that stays perfectly in tune no matter how much stress you put on it provided that the nut and saddles are locked tightly. When the Sustaniac is engaged, you lose the use of the neck pickup though. At least that's what it sounds like. Guitar has great sustain on its own without Sustaniac use. Ease of Use: It is perfect for Metal. I can't really see it working for anything else because of poor Tone Knob functionality which could be unique to the one I own. If you can, try it out before you buy it. If you play Metal and need a BEAST for Lead Guitar playing, do not hesitate as this guitar will not disappoint. Thin and super fast neck. Cutaway near top strings, or what I refer to as the little horn (not sure if that is a thing), does get in the way of fret hand during some economy style (Gambale-esque? ish? idk...) sweeping patterns which does mean fret hand needs to be readjusted. No biggie. Changing strings, as with all Floyds, is a long (but totally worth it) process. Nothing sounds like it. Even if this is a Korean (1000 series - google it) Floyd. Value: I understand the price and don't see a comperable value in the price range unless you went for the Les Paul Shred that's $750.00 more. You get what you pay for and I think this guitar completely worth it. Manufacturer Support: I give Schecter 5 stars for their Support as with most of big manufacturers, the warranty covers many things. They were very easy to reach via email as I wanted to get this baby set up to Drop C (C,G,C,F,A,D). Luckily I live near their HQ and was able to set an appointment for the setup in a weeks time. Got there and I was out within the hour. Guitar sounds and feels great. They even adjusted the bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan Full Shred) that came a tad bit lopsided out of the box. The Wow Factor: Great sounding Metal (genre) guitar. It is perfectly described as a beast. Outstanding customer support. Overall: Overall great guitar. Confort, sound, and stability are what I look for in every guitar. Lastly, it looks friggin' sexy which is always a plus though not as important as what has been previously stated.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-QSGW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976