When you call, mention priority code 201-QFCT

Rating and Reviews: Schecter BJ SLS C-1 FR S

The slim Schecter BlackJack SLS C-1 combines the infinite sustain of the Sustainiac driver with the scorching tone of the Seymour Duncan Full Shred pickup.

"Great Guitar " submitted June 27, 2014

By Curtis R in Milledgeville, GA
Musical Background: semi-pro playing music for over 20 years
Music Style: rock, blues, Christian, r&b
Sound: The sound quality is great. The bridge pick-up bites but is very warm. I was actually surprised by it thinking it was going to be very tinny but I was dead wrong. Of course the sustainiac in the neck is the reason why I bought it works to no end. Playing with the feedback is great! The coolest things is how you can get feedback using a clean sound! Talk about a change in pace! Feature: As mention above, the sustainiac is the best and what makes it work the best to me is the fact that it has a floyd rose tremolo. I wouldn't buy one without a floyd rose if you really want to have fun with that pickup. Pictures doing a dive bomb and coming back up with screaming harmonics! There you go!! Ease of Use: I'm coming from a fender strat to this and it is an adjustment for sure. The sounds are cleaner and thicker which I had to adjust to be a little tweaking of my amp and the sweet warm gibson like sounds start coming out. No it's not a Gibson but it surely reminded me of one when dialed in a certain way but this beast has it's own identity. Quality: Nice satin black finish. The binding was perfect and the neck and setup was pretty good out of the box. I made a few small adjustments for my liking and I've been rocking ever since. This is the lowest action guitar I've ever had. I barely have to press down and I'm there on the jumbo frets. The frets are easy to get accustomed to. It's not even a passing thought if you're used to smaller frets. Quality parts such as a real floyd rose and grover tuners makes this one a steal at the price. Beside that and Duncan pickups(not designed) makes this a must have. Value: This is worth the money all the way. If this was made in the U.S. it would be twice as much. Look at the specs for yourself. All of those appointments would cost your hundreds each to do what Schecter did on this. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support yet. The Wow Factor: Sustainiac = Wow Floyd Rose = Wow Construction = Wow Pickups = Wow This is a great guitar! Glad I have it! Overall: This is a really aggressive and sound exploratory guitar!

"Solid Metal Madness \m/" submitted April 8, 2015

By Carlos L in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 14 years; Multi-instrumentalist; Semi-Pro Loves all genres of music; play primarily Metal, Prog, Jazz, Indie.
Music Style: Loves all genres of music; play primarily Metal, Prog, Jazz, Indie.
Sound: To put it simply, this guitar is built for Metal. The Sustaniac in combination with the Floyd is tons of fun. You can get some very wild sounds out of it. Through a clean channel it sounds really bright. The tone knob doesn't really do much until it's turned all the way down (counterclockwise) that's when you get the jazzy/low-mid/muddy tone. Not sure if this was by design or by accident but it does create a barrier in the guitar's tone flexibility. Feature: Tone knob is not very responsive (see 'Sound' section). The Sustaniac is very fun as advertised, especially being paired with a great tremolo system that stays perfectly in tune no matter how much stress you put on it provided that the nut and saddles are locked tightly. When the Sustaniac is engaged, you lose the use of the neck pickup though. At least that's what it sounds like. Guitar has great sustain on its own without Sustaniac use. Ease of Use: It is perfect for Metal. I can't really see it working for anything else because of poor Tone Knob functionality which could be unique to the one I own. If you can, try it out before you buy it. If you play Metal and need a BEAST for Lead Guitar playing, do not hesitate as this guitar will not disappoint. Thin and super fast neck. Cutaway near top strings, or what I refer to as the little horn (not sure if that is a thing), does get in the way of fret hand during some economy style (Gambale-esque? ish? idk...) sweeping patterns which does mean fret hand needs to be readjusted. No biggie. Changing strings, as with all Floyds, is a long (but totally worth it) process. Nothing sounds like it. Even if this is a Korean (1000 series - google it) Floyd. Value: I understand the price and don't see a comperable value in the price range unless you went for the Les Paul Shred that's $750.00 more. You get what you pay for and I think this guitar completely worth it. Manufacturer Support: I give Schecter 5 stars for their Support as with most of big manufacturers, the warranty covers many things. They were very easy to reach via email as I wanted to get this baby set up to Drop C (C,G,C,F,A,D). Luckily I live near their HQ and was able to set an appointment for the setup in a weeks time. Got there and I was out within the hour. Guitar sounds and feels great. They even adjusted the bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan Full Shred) that came a tad bit lopsided out of the box. The Wow Factor: Great sounding Metal (genre) guitar. It is perfectly described as a beast. Outstanding customer support. Overall: Overall great guitar. Confort, sound, and stability are what I look for in every guitar. Lastly, it looks friggin' sexy which is always a plus though not as important as what has been previously stated.

"Schecter Blackjack" submitted March 15, 2015

By Kevin S in Rancho Cordova, CA
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 30 years. In a band
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Punk, Alternative
Overall: You get your money's worth with Schecter! Great quality, sounds awesome, looks awesome, and plays awesome. The slim line series reminds me of the feel of an Ibanez except you would have to pay about twice as much to get the same quality. This is the way to go. I've owned an ESP Eclipse, custom shop Strat, LesPaul, and Ibanez in the past Schecter's quality equals all of them.

When you call, mention priority code 201-QFCT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.