When you call, mention priority code 1772-1NY9

Rating and Reviews: Samson SX1800 Power Amp

Crank up the volume with this Samson power amp. Its AB design and dual multi-speed fans allow for up to 1200 watts of power bridged or 600 watts per side.

"Great budget minded PA power amp!!" submitted August 31, 2011

Overall
Sound: This amp was used to drive (2) dual 15" w/horn speakers and did an excellent job. Great volume and punch. Very good value for the money Feature: It's a power amp....What do you need besides a plug-n-play unit? Signal and clip indicators are easily visible and work well. Easy to use bridge/stereo/parallel switch. Speakon and 5-way binding post outs. XLR and 1/4 TRS ins. Ease of Use: As I said, plug-n-play. Your up and running in a few short minutes. Quality: Initial quality seems very good. We'll see how it stands up to regular club playing. Value: The select b-stock unit from Zzounds was absolutely immaculate. A very fair power/quality/price combination. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use. The Wow Factor: How "sexy" can a power amp be? It does its job and that's sexy enough for me. Overall: I expect this unit is a good overall investment given the price point, power and features. I expect to be satisfied with it for a while.

"How could you go wrong with this bad boy?" submitted December 28, 2006

Musical Background: Active part time player for 25 years
Music Style: Rock/Funk/Country
Sound: This amp does what it says, provides PLENTY of power to your speakers. Someone gave it a review and talked about not having VU meters,,,,what for? You have clipping indicators and if you know the output capability of the amp, you make sure that the speakers can handle that output,,pretty simple. Drives subs real nice, real easy. Feature: The outputs ahould be better,,,only has 1/4" outputs for the channel outs but does have a speakon for the bridged output. Samson should make the effort to provide BOTH speakon and 1/4" outputs for this amp since there are so many speakers out there that provide BOTH speakon and 1/4" inputs now. Ease of Use: How much easier do you want it?? 2 inputs,,,2 outputs,,,,do the math. Quality: This thing is heavy and built like an older Chevy,,,real strong. Samson has come a long way in the last 10 years with their power amps. I currently own an SX-1800,,and 2 - S1000's,,,,,none of them have missed a beat in the last 3 years. Value: You will NOT find a better power amp out there for the money and the quality that Samson has to offer. You can always spend more money, but why waste the extra cash on a name??? Manufacturer Support: Support is not needed. Never had to call,,,most of the needed info is in the manual. The Wow Factor: Look people,,,why does your amp have to look sexy? The blue back lite is cool, but an amp is an amp. What did you buy the amp for,,,,it's good looks? I didn't buy 3 Samson amps to take them out on dates,,they do exactly what they're supposed to,,,,power the speakers,,and quite well too. If I had to say something about their looks, then they look fine. Overall: These amps have exceeded my needs for power applications. So much head room it's not funny. Use 'em for subs, use 'em for mains, use 'em for monitors. I'm sure that there are plenty of uses for a quality Samson product. Just make sure that when you buy a power amp, that the speakers can take what the amp dishes out. Samson amps are better than I could hope for,,,,not only can they dish it out, but they can take it too. You won't be disappointed.

Samson SX1800 Power Amp Customer Review submitted January 23, 2008

Overall
Sound: I use an SX1800 and an SX1200 to drive my Bose 801's. I run them down to 2 ohms. NO PROBLEM. These things crank. I will swear by them. Very good stuff. Crown sux. Ease of Use: turn it on, twist to maz

"Just how loud do you want to go without distortion?" submitted February 10, 2008

By a customer from charter.net
Overall
Musical Background: musician, dj, recording, electronics
Music Style: all
Sound: I bought this on impulse because I already own (3) Samson Servo amps (love 'em) and I wanted to check out this High current SX series. I swapped out my Behringer 1500 I had been using to power the (4) 15" Yamaha subs of my PA. The difference is night and day! This is not just an increase in power but an overall improvement is sound quality. The bass isn't muddy or sloppy anymore and the punch is noticeably outstanding without no detectable distortion. Great respectable sound! Feature: Vu meters would be nice but I don't have the system to even come close to overdriving this amp. I barely tickle the signal lights for extreme levels. Don't need built-in crossovers or filters so these don't qualify as features to me. Easy access fan filters. Speakons are good. Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: I've only had this a short time (6 months) but if it's like my other Sampson amps I think we're looking at a couple of decades of service. I've used a myriad of other cheaper and more expensive amps and this is the best deal I've found for improving your system. This is a heavy amp which is a good thing when referring to amps with linear power supplies...bigger, heavier transformers mean more headroom and less saturation. Value: As I mentioned I had a Behringer 1500 for the same reason everyone else buys them...dollar per watt. The quality of sound doesn't come close to Samson though. This is the best QUALITY for the money. Manufacturer Support: Never used them. The Wow Factor: This is a cool looking amp, no cheezy stamped steel grill, symetrical layout, blue back light, classic front panel handles. It looks mean and clean and sounds even better. Overall: I can't stress this enough...Samson builds the highest quality power amps for your hard earned cash.

"I use this as a stereo bass amp, and where before I had a slightly muddy distorted sound, now it's crystal clear!" submitted May 26, 2006

Musical Background: active muscian
Music Style: Top 40, classics (r&b and rock), progressive rock
Sound: Couldn't ask for anything more! Feature: Not much for features, but I do like the blue backlighting on the face. Ease of Use: I tend to like things simple, since all the not-so-simple stuff is on my preamp. Quality: Came with a few blemishes, but it was "B" stock, so........ Value: Don't think I could've gotten a better amp at this price range! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it. Friends tell me it's good though. The Wow Factor: If it breaks, will buy another one! Overall: Overall, an outstanding piece of equipment. Should have bought one sooner!

"It's OK" submitted May 24, 2005

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Everything
Sound: Great sound. It has a lot of power. May be under rated as it really gives two 500 watt SVS CS plus subwoofers a work out. Use it's own 20 amp breaker if using 110 volts as it really can suck up the power when loaded. You can switch to 220 volts if needed. Feature: I really wished it had a VU meter of some sort as with the high power output it is easy to over do it. With a VU meter you could monitor the output before over loading something. It has clip Leds that help some but for the price of the amplifier a few more cents for a VU indicator would be worth it. I guess I am one of those people that likes to know what is going on with the power output. Quality: The unit seems to be built like a tank with a lot of air flow through the unit. The Inlet filters are a real plus. The connections seem to be well made. But the control panel is a bummer. Value: So far the sound quality has been very good. Takes a likin and and keeps on ticken. Manufacturer Support: Don't know as so far so good. The Wow Factor: Well it is a heavy unit so I would say there is some "meat" inside that doing it's job. The pilot light looks cool, but see problem above. I like the handles. Overall: I might buy another one if it quit. But may hold out for a Crown dont know. It came with the speakers or I would have used a Crown or QSC. I like the sound. I don't like the controls.

"A QUALITY POWER AMP!!" submitted May 16, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: 34 years ,,bands,,,djing,,,karaoke.......
Music Style: rock,blues,jazz,funk,country....
Sound: I have had my Samson X1800 for about 5 months now and it has worked beautifully!! The sound is great,and this amp has got some power!! I was never a Samson fan[ due to a bad experience with a mixer/amp combo]but, a friend of mine who works at a music store told me about the X1800[ HE OWNS 2 ]so, i thought i would give it a shot, and i have been very happy with the amp so far!! Very clean sounding!! Feature: Very simple features, not alot of bells and whistles,its a simple,powerful,amp!! Ease of Use: very easy to use!!! Quality: This amp is built like a tank! Seems to be very solid,great sound quality!! Value: For the power,features,and sound this amp is an absolute steal!!! Manufacturer Support: The support is the best, because i have never needed it!!! The Wow Factor: Its not sexy but, you'll want it if you use it once!! Overall: I am extremely pleased with the X1800, i used it at a wedding reception for 7 and a half hours [nonstop] and this amp never overheated or clipped once!! Very impressive!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1772-1NY9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976