When you call, mention priority code 1559-9CJW

Rating and Reviews: Samson SP01 Shock Mount

Keep your condenser mic isolated from unwanted vibrations with the Samson SP01 shock mount, which is perfect for C01, C03, CL7, CL8 and C01U microphones.

Overall

"I was "shocked" at the high quality and low price!" submitted February 16, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock/Pop
Sound: n/a Feature: I purchased this after reading that another reviewer stated that this fit his Audio-Technica AT2020 condenser microphone. Indeed, it fits PERFECTLY. It looks like it was built for the AT2020. The silver finish looks great with the black microphone because of the silver lettering on the AT2020. It holds the AT2020 very securely and makes it look much more professional also. This product has all the necessary accessories - it is a one-piece item and comes completely assembled and ready to go out of the box. Ease of Use: It was very easy to use - I just had to remove the European microphone stand adapter from the stand attachment before using it with my standard microphone stand. Quality: Very well-built. I noticed no defects whatsoever. The suspension cord is tight but not too tight. I think it will last as long as I need it to. Value: The price of this is just right, and compared to the shockmount that Audio-Technica offers for the AT2020 ($70), this is a steal. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact the manufacturer for any problems. The Wow Factor: Very sleek design, very solid and feels heavy and durable. Overall: Very pleased overall. Will be purchasing a second mount for my second AT2020.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's a keeper." submitted June 28, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: home studio operator/live sound engineer/musician
Music Style: indie rock/electro pop
Sound: It doesn't make sound, but it will help capture good sound. Feature: This shockmount fits my Audio Technica AT2020 mic just right. Ease of Use: It's great! Quality: I think it will last as long as I need it (which could be a very long time). The only cosmetic defect I noticed is that the stand adapter appears to have been a casting before it was machined and there is some pitting in the brass. The mount for the mic feels very solid. The bands are snug so they'll take the shock, but won't sag. Value: This is half of what Audio Technica wants for their mounts at high quality. Manufacturer Support: haven't tried The Wow Factor: It looks mostly like a Neumann shockmount. Very sweet. Overall: I like this very much. I would recommend it if you have a Samson or Audio Technica Condenser microphone of this size. The threads in the basket thing that holds the mic are slightly larger than the outside diameter of an XLR plug. I think this would fit a wide variety of the import mics on the market. I don't have any higher-end mics to test the fit with though.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Samson SP01 Shockmount" submitted March 31, 2014

By Atlas C
Overall
Musical Background: Music has been a passion of mine for years now, probably just a little over ten to be more specific.
Music Style: Rhythm and Poetry, Hip-Hop, anything with a melody, also a fan of playing the drums, but music is music, music represents a larg
Sound: I've connected it once and haven't needed to readjust it since, it gives me exactly what I wanted, although it doesn't offer any sound of it's own it stabilizes and assures the sound my cardiod does pickup is free from interference of any kind, knocks or bumps, accidental movement of any part of the recording setup such as the chrome stand which, although is in itself extremely sturdy, there can from time to time be issues such as the pop filter tapping the condenser, or from vibrations etc, all of which has been eliminated due to this high quality, high standard yet almost unbelievably low priced, high end piece of tech, I would recommend this product to anyone wishing for a quality spider shock mount for their AT2020 or Samson SP01, and I'm sure there are many other mics that would fit this, just as with anything, be positive it's the correct piece, I'm not sure about the thread size but I know it fits my Audio Technica as best as I could have wished for. Feature: I have had zero problems with it, I use my setup primarily for vocal recording as of currently but there's not a doubt in my mind it would assist with reducing interference of any sort, including any type of instrument you're interested in using - if you're looking for a quality mount to reduce shock then this very well could be what you're looking for. Ease of Use: All you have to do is screw the mount into the thread at the base of your condenser, and then secure it to your stand, I had to change the thread to suit my stand with the silver thread that accompanied the AT mic (the one that was provided with the pivot that connected the mic to the stand) but all I had to do was unscrew it (a butter knife worked simply and effectively to do this) and screw it and insert it into the silver SP01 shock mount to fit the mount to the stand as the SP01 mount had a larger thread than the stand connection. Quality: So far it seems very reliable, no issues whatsoever apart from the initial installation (thread size miscalculation was easily corrected by switching the shock mount thread with that of the pivot which fixed the mic to the stand). It appears to be a great addition to my recording setup and I'm sure it will prove to be just as reliable as it was the day I purchased it until long after I'm done using it. Extremely happy with it, no issues as of yet, and I'm confidently hoping it will stay as useful and as handy as it has proven to be so far. Value: It's definitely great value for money, prior to purchasing I researched other equipment and haven't found a single item that could match this particular model in price and quality, I wasn't disappointed and I do believe that anyone else looking for such a high end, high quality, low priced piece for their collection will not be disappointed either. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact the manufacturers for support, thankfully I haven't needed to! The Wow Factor: It's difficult to say because it doesn't create noise but rather it's purpose is to eliminate the unwanted feedback from rattles and such, and I would have to say it seems to do it's job wonderfully, I couldn't be more pleased with the way it performs it's function. Overall: It's superb, splendid, and has corrected many problems that I normally had when using my microphone, it stabilises my Audio Technica 2020 wonderfully and I'm left with an even crisper, richer, cleaner sound. It fits my AT2020 excellently and was the final piece that I needed to complete the setup, I read online about other purchasers having issues with it fitting an AT2020 but I myself had no problem whatsoever rigging it up and I plan to get many years use out of it, without having to purchase the more expensive brand-name model which is traditionally suggested with this mic. So far I've had zero problems and I'm hoping and have confidence that it will last for even longer than I need it to. It's difficult for me to rate it but hopefully this review will provide insight to those looking for a good shockmount to fit their condenser mic, just be sure to check the thread size and have the correct mic stand and, at least in my experience with the product, you will be left with quality equipment for what is probably (at least currently,) an unbeatable price. It was exactly what I was looking for and my only issue is that the silver on the braces of the spider shock-mount doesn't exactly match my black mic and pop filter, but on the other hand it stands out and if anything only compliments the design, I'm very pleased, I couldn't be happier with it and I'll leave it at that.

"SP01 Shock mount for CO1" submitted February 23, 2014

By Ed Hutchinson in Plainfield, VT
Overall
Musical Background: I have been singing for more than half a century
Music Style: Mostly barbershop
Overall: The Samson CO1 microphones pick up floor vibrations perfectly. If toe tapping and chair squeaks are not part of your performance one of these is the best way to keep the floor quiet. They are fairly large and ugly for a live performance, but worth the distraction. In a recording situation it is a must with the CO1 mic. There is no WOW factor! I have never needed support

When you call, mention priority code 1559-9CJW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976