When you call, mention priority code 170S-QWBL

Rating and Reviews: Samson Expedition XP510i

Make yourself heard with this powerful, portable Samson PA system. It comes with two 2-way speakers and a 500-watt powered mixer equipped with an iPod dock.

Overall

"Samson 510I--A Real Value but not without some Costs!" submitted January 31, 2012

By Timothy B in Greensboro, NC
Musical Background: Amateur
Music Style: Rock, hip hop, pop
Overall: I purchased the Samson 510i back in October. I don't know a lot about sound systems but I had read some reviews on the internet that gave this machine lots of high praise. The reason I wanted to use this machine is to play music at small functions and school dances. Overall I would say this machine was good for doing that except the bass output was weak so if you are listening to a lot of music with serious bass this machine will leave you wanting more. I added a powered subwoofer and that made a huge difference. If you are just using it for basic talking or non-heavy base music you will love this machine. It is awesome, compact, and easy to transport. The mixing board has lots of inputs and the iPod dock is awesome. Even when not using my iPhone to play music I like that I can set it up there and charge it. The compact all in one design does make it an exceptional product overall. Sadly I have not been so fortunate with build quality. The first machine that purchased from ZZ Sounds arrived and there was no sound coming out of the left output. The issue was definitely the mixing board because both speakers worked when plugged into the right jack (at separate times). ZZ Sounds was awesome about returning and paid for the item to be shipped back and then sent out another quickly! My current machine has served me well from November through January....until the other day. While playing music at a child's birthday party the music suddenly quit coming through the left channel. Fortunately I was able to finish the party with one speaker so all was okay for that night. Upon inspection it became obvious that this unit now has the same problem as the first unit that I received. I called Samson (be warned you may only call between 9am and 5pm) since it was still under warranty only to be told that if I wanted it fixed I had to pay the costs for shipping the item from NC to NY and there could be a four week turnaround on getting my machine back. I guess in their world not having a machine for four weeks is okay but considering that I am using it I don't find it okay. In fact I find it bizarre that Samson lists a repair center less than thirty miles from my home but I still have to pay and ship this machine to NY. Maybe I am just unlucky but it certainly seems that build quality is shaky. Again... when the machine was working it was AWESOME! But a company should stand behind it's product and if it is broken and needs to be shipped to be repaired then the company should foot the bill....not the consumer.
41 of 42 people (97.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not bad for starting out on live sound" submitted December 29, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in Newington, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years playing, Santana style and Dave mathews style of playing.
Music Style: Latin pop rock
Overall: I needed a Pa system for my band and was shopping under a budget. I looked into this machine and boy I have to tell you, after reading some reviews decided to give it a try. It's great for our rehearsals, open mic and karaoke since I do all of those , but definitely invest in a subwoofer, monitors are recommended if you are that serious. Haven't had a problem, only that it came with an european electric cord which the store changed for me, and at one point machine started smoking, but it was because of the electric cable I was using prior to getting it replaced. Other than that the system is awesome! I love all the features, many ways you can use this machine. Ipod, 10 channels, my 5 piece band connects to this thing easy: two mics, congas, keyboard, and drums. Definitely worth he money.

"Samson XP510i...Awesome!" submitted May 20, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and DJ
Music Style: All types
Sound: The sound is AWESOME! The first set I got had a bad speaker in it...but was replaced promptly from ZZounds! I have sold my other powered speakers when I heard the XP308, and decided to purchase the 510 series for my DJ gigs. I pair them up with a set of Yorkville powered subs and the sound is unbelievable!!! Feature: This has everything you need in a compact system and the weight of the whole system is like 58 lbs total...and my old speaker was like 75 lbs EACH...so this system really help with the back pain...lol. Ease of Use: This system could be hooked up and ready to go in like 5 minutes by a 10 yr old! Seriously...this is easy as pie to set up! Quality: So far, so good! I haul mine in my SUV in the back seat and it gets thrown around some, but seems to take a beating lol Value: The value is great for a small PA system with this many features! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call Samson for anything, but ZZounds has great support for returns! The Wow Factor: Very Sexy...lol Overall: I'm very satisfied with this product and would recommend this to anyone wanting a versatile PA for just about anything!
26 of 29 people (89.66%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BUY THIS PA" submitted April 13, 2012

By layne h in elizabethtown, KY
Musical Background: acoutic guitar
Overall: The sound is amazing really blown away by the pure sound. I have a 3 pc. acoutic band and we can play over the crowd noise and in a good size venue. plus the portablity is great we can get set up in less then 5 mins. if you need a good sounding portable PA then get this one. i love mine

"It's not wort it!" submitted May 18, 2012

By Darma S in West Covina, CA
Musical Background: 20 years sing, play guitar, band at church, party
Music Style: gospel, rock
Overall: I bought this product in December 2010. It sounds good and loud enough for small church hall. I used it less than 6 (six) times / about 2 hours each event. The left side speaker output not working in April 2012. I am out of mfg. warranty, the repairman (GPS) said the board is defective and it cost about $ 350 just for the part from Samson. It's not worth to fix it. I have mixed feeling, I love the sound, but dissapointed with the reliability. I wish Samson will lower the replacement part, I am not the only one with problem with XP510i.

"Broke on the 1st use. Portable PA = Junk" submitted December 26, 2011

By a customer from calloftheshofar.org
Overall
Sound: Not nearly as loud as I expected. Sound quality was decent. Feature: Great features. Has everything you need... as long as the system works... Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: The whole system shut off in the middle of the first gig I brought it to. The power light would not come on and the only that worked was the fan and the ipod charger. This should not happen the first time you plug it in! I had to return it and it was a big pain in the ass. Value: Zzounds did price match and I got it for over $100 less than advertised. Overall: I learned that the portable PA systems sacrifice a lot of quality to bring you portability. You could spend a little more and get a couple of Mackie Thumps and a mixer and have a system 10x as good and only a little less portable.

"Constantly breaks at the worse time!" submitted October 5, 2013

By Dion C in Tampa, FL
Overall
Overall: I have just submitted the second service request for my unit. Without having it clip or even be close to clipping the unit seems to just blow out. It turns on but gets no sound. We purchased this unit for our business and it is only 4.5 months old with about 15 hours of light use per week.

When you call, mention priority code 170S-QWBL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976