When you call, mention priority code 153M-N6J7

Rating and Reviews: Samson Resolv 65A Monitor

Ported. Active crossover.

"Great value and quite reliable." submitted April 11, 2005

Music Style: all kinds
Sound: These sounds great to my ears although I'm probably using them in the worst possible config (staged on top of my bass amp using only the rubber feet to isolate them and they are right next to eachother in parallel) Feature: I like the multiple ways to connect (Balanced XLR, 1/4" and line). As well as the ability to adjust the mids. Quality: Made like a tank. My only complaint is that the cabinet is so hard that screwing in the rubber feet was a blister inspiring event. Pre-Drilled pilot holes would have been nice. Value: Great value. I was looking at Mackies, etc and the guys at the music shop I go to suggested these. It took him throwing in a pair of 25' XLR cables to close the deal but I would have been happy without the freebies. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support. To me that is a testament to their quality. The Wow Factor: Hey, the blue LED is cool yet simple. Overall: I'll keep these until I blow them or need more power..which I don't foresee happening.

"Very Good" submitted February 8, 2005

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Musician
Music Style: Ska, Rock, Jazz, Funk
Sound: It is almost completely flat, except the high is a little over represented. It is easy to get used to and compensate to, though. Feature: The Mid range contour knob is nice. Otherwise straightfoward and good. Quality: No Problems Value: Very loud, good sound quality, perfect for home studios, at a low price. Manufacturer Support: I sent it to the shop because my brother shashed the tweeter on the speaker, and the replaced it with a new one within a month. The Wow Factor: I own it, right?

"Good Middle-Of-The-Road Monitors That Don't Cost Too Much" submitted April 12, 2005

Musical Background: Recording/ Live Sound Engineer
Music Style: Worship, Rock, Folk, Acoustic, Orchestral, anything really
Sound: For the price, and especially going from "compromise" speakers that absolutely had to be EQ'ed to make up for their lack of low and high frequency extension, the Samsons are a very, very good value. The titanium HF driver seems quite detailed, but does seem a hair less sweet than other HF drivers I've heard. Those drivers, however, were in monitors costing about 6 - 7 times more per pair than the Samsons. The LF drivers sounded like I thought they should. I gave most of the points to the monitors for being cheap and very useful, docking one point for the HF driver being only slightly imperfect. Feature: The wide range of input options is extremely welcome. I did dock a point for the detented-in-the-middle-but-not-clickable-otherwise level control. The midrange contour may or not be useful for some people. I set it to flat, because I'm sick of over and under emphasis in my monitor setup. Quality: They seem to be very solid, with an excellent fit and finish. Value: These monitors seem to be an excellent value, especially if you are upgrading from a lesser solution. The Wow Factor: I only rated this a seven because monitor setups are very personal, and not usually awe inspiring (unless they are the very top of the heap.) However, they do get points because, had I heard them in another studio and heard of their price point, I would have immediately put them on my list of "things one ought to have." Overall: These monitors appear to do what they should, and do so inexpensively. They are a solid value, and likely to make purchasers happy. They aren't perfect, or mind-blowing, but they are useful devices. If I were to have a big control room, with large amounts of money for monitoring, I would probably still keep this hooked up for the sake of another reference point (that actually sounded pleasant.)
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"REVEALING WITH RESOLVE!!!" submitted January 13, 2009

By a customer from upc.nl
Musical Background: Engineer and producer, live and studio, Active musician
Music Style: Ecclectic
Sound: What a great sound for the money. I come from some old tannoys from before Edison and the difference just gobsmacked me. I listened to them in the shop against the Krk 6 series which immediately sounded too flattening in the mids for me. This was an aboslute steal because it was a demo pair. I value them for their honesty as I have extreme;y sensitive ears and anything disturbing will keep haunting me. Not so with these happy blighters, they revealed on the spot where I screwed up before or where I hit the hammer on the nail. For every possible kind of music I make they sound the world to me, from accoustic to rock to dance. Moreover, through their extreme clarity they still pack all the punch at lower levels, so it's possible to mix at easy levels, which is of course the preferred option of many pro's. Feature: at this price, multiple inputs, even a distinct gold plated RCA. As these were demos I just found out I lack LRF support (little rubber feet), but I was planning on Mopads anyway. The midrange attenuator i happily leave flat, more so because I want to have them full range for very precise and transparant mixing. as many others have said, notched volume pots would have been handy, but I just leave them centered. My girlfriend gets really turned on by the blue leds somehow, so I start to wonder about some things from her past... Ease of Use: The moment I switched them on I fell in love with them and started remixing with incredibly satisfying results. Need I say more? Quality: Sturdy, solid, well built as I have come to expect from Samson. As for the complaints about the tweeter protection, janking your guitar through your amp is also very passee. Value: Hard to beat at this price range Manufacturer Support: Only for posterity, so far they run like a wet dream The Wow Factor: Even my girlfriend wants me more since I have them. How much more sex appeal can a speaker radiate? Overall: I give them a 9 as there will always be something better. But they can stand the test against anything I have heard so far, what an amazing sound and build for the price.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Extremely accurate monitors!" submitted January 31, 2004

Music Style: Rock, jazz, emo, punk, folk, blue grass
Sound: Great sound! These monitors are very clear. I can hear everything in the mix. They produce a verry even sound. I'm amazed at the accuracy of these monitors, ou can hear every little detail. If your mix is bad you'll know it, but if its good it will sound great. Feature: Good features. On the voume knob I woud have liked noches to help set the exact same volume level on each monitor. There is a notch at the center so I usually set the volume level there. Its a good comfortable level at that position. You can also tweak te mid-range to get different sounds. I prefer to set it on Hi fi or flat. Quality: Very solid construction. They weigh a ton. The paint has a nice scratch free finish. Value: Excellent, for the price you can't beat them. You could probably tie them with the Fostex PM1's. Overall: They look good, they're built well and most importantly they do their job well.

"Almost Too Accurate"

By a customer from netzero.net
Music Style: blue-rock-jazzish, pop
Sound: Flat, Flat, really flat Feature: there were 2 adjustments on the back, one was volume, and the other was an attenuator (set both straight up) Quality: looked good, Samson has always had solid product (in my experiebnce anyway) Value: Acurate to a fault almost, good stuff sounds good, crappy stuff sounds crappy, awesome sounds, well you get the picture Manufacturer Support: just don't know, haven't had to use them The Wow Factor: Look nice, and have a cool blue light for power, otherwise, they are just speakers Overall: I really like the "Non glorifying" aspect from these. I've owned Event 20/20 BAS, and while not putting these into the same class, I was very pleased that the 2 mixes of the same track I brought in sounded equally good-bad on the Samson's as they did in my truck. I demoed some Roland Digitals and Tannoy Reveals, but they made both mixes sound good.

"GRAET bang for the Buck. Absolutely recommend them to anyone looking in the sub $500 Catagory. They sound better than more expen" submitted January 29, 2006

Musical Background: Home Studio
Sound: They Soung GREAT!!! The best buy for under $500 around, smokes the rest!!! Quality: Sturdy and survives road trips with normal packing. Value: Absolutely a Best Buy for the price range! The Wow Factor: No bodys gonna go Ohhh I wish I had a pair of Samson Resolves because they dont have the sex ad campaign but everyone sure loves the mix's I get from them. I guess some people only equate price with quality. Suckers:-)

Samson Resolv 65A Monitor Customer Review submitted July 23, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Space, Orchestral, Soundtrack
Sound: These are great monitors for the money. They are a little heavy on the high-midrange side but easily learnable. Not fatiguing at all. They can achieve massive sound levels without distortion. Mine start to distort at about 105dB/C weighted. Impressive. Feature: These could use some more flexibility. The high-mid bump in sound is just outside the adjustable mid-range contour control. They also come with some rubber isolation feet which is nice if you don't have any other way to isolate them. I use Mo-Pads personally. Quality: They are very well constructed. Stout I would even say. However the plastic baffle over the tweeter is easily pushed in which results in a crushed dome. I found this out the hard way. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: Never used them. Never needed them and I have used a number of Samson products so that's a good sign. The Wow Factor: On top of everything they are way cool looking. I think it's the blue LED that gets me. Overall: I don't plan on getting rid of these any time soon. I have grown rather fond of them.

"Yep yep!" submitted February 4, 2004

Music Style: Progressive Metal
Sound: These are the first set of monitors that I've owned and probably the last I'll need. I've been in many other studios and heard tons of different monitors and I'd say these are just as good if not better. I'm totally happy with them. Feature: As someone said before, it would have been better if the volumes were notched so they could be set evenly easier. However I don't control the volume on the back of them anyways so I never have to mess with it, (you won't either if you use a mixer). Other than that, no complaints at all... Quality: I think the plastic guard in front of the tweeter should have been more durable, other than that, these things are like rocks... If you are careful when moving these, you won't have any problems. Value: Dirt cheap monitors with awesome quality, you can't ask for more. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed any service at all for these. The Wow Factor: I've been offered to sell them... NO WAY Overall: I give an 8 because there's AWLWAYS room for improvment. I think ANYONE who mixes music or just enjoys listening to music would benefit from these speakers. Even if you're just replacing your cheap computer speakers, you'll be totally happy with the sound!!

"Very good for the home studio individual that is on a budget. For the price, you can't go too far wrong." submitted August 22, 2003

By a customer from cs.com
Overall
Sound: I play my Kurzweil 2600xs in my home studio, and I'm blown away at how good these sound. I'm running the keyboard stereo into a small mixing board and panning each channel left and right! Feature: None included. The rubber feet were nice to lift it off of the shelf. Quality: These s@@kers are stout! to say the least. Heavy and well made. They also play very loud! Value: I personally don't hear much difference between these and my Mackie 824's. Might need to add a sub though. These are a steal at this price Manufacturer Support: I've not needed them so far. The Wow Factor: I'm contemplating using them in live performances. Might consider giving them a try. Overall: Like I said before, I have Mackie 824's and maybe because these are new toys, I like them as much.

"cover the tweeters beter but otherwise satisfied." submitted April 8, 2006

By a customer from the injuryclinic.com
Music Style: mixed
Sound: I was looking for something inexpensive with a high end clw=ear flat sound. You may want to add the samson subwoofer for mixing a lot of base work. Feature: Turn the mid rang down to mix the base Ease of Use: No real problems -- see above. Quality: bothe tweeter were damaged -- the plastick cover did not protect them. Manufacturer Support: I could not get information from the company to replace the tweeters, it looks like I will need to order them from Germany or find a shop. The Wow Factor: looks more expensive than it is. Overall: Untill I get more rich

"Great Speakers" submitted May 25, 2007

Music Style: Pop, Latin
Sound: The sound is very good. However if you are going to use a lot of bass don't buy it because the frequency response starts at 60 Hz which means that they are going to distort at lower frequencies. However, for melodic music they are awesome Feature: I just needed a pair of speakers and I did not look for any special features so I think they are great. Ease of Use: You just need to plug them Quality: They are very well built. I love them and the light makes them awesome specially in the evening. Value: The quality of sound - price ratio makes them inexpensive. Manufacturer Support: I have no Idea. The Wow Factor: I wasn't sure what to buy but right now I do not regret the purchase at all. Overall: Awesome speakers

"Very average reference monitors." submitted October 20, 2004

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: 30+ year pro electic bassist
Music Style: All American styles from 20's - 2000's.
Sound: Pretty dark sound. Distortions on the bass. Definitely not crisp sounding. Not very transparent compared to my old, vintage Crown IC 150 pre amp, ancient Mcintosh MC2105 and AR-3a speakers, which were not bright at all but O, so sweet and transparant. Perhaps the problem lies in my mixer connected to the 65a's -- an old Mackie CR-1604. Have to take all the mid off just to get an accurate bass sound. Feature: Frequency options are slim at best. Quality: Seems to be made relatively well. But the one speaker that distorts on low frequencies, even on low volume, means several things -- the speaker is crap, the power supply is crap, or it just cannot handle nor replicate frequencies below 45 Hz. Since I am an electric bass player, there is a certain amoung of bottom end these speakers do not nor cannot duplicate. The don't shake the house like I expected with 75 watts for the woofers. Value: One gets what one pays for, I guess. After reading stellar reviews, they convinced me to purchase them. I am disappointed. Perhaps they'll grow on me. They're going to have to at this point .... The Wow Factor: They look great, but, like too many women, looks are deceiving. If one is into looks, go buy 'em. If one is into sound, pass them by. Overall: I may have to replace them. Can't afford to right now which is why I bought them in the first place.

"Excellent value" submitted October 30, 2003

Overall
Sound: Sound great to me, but I used to have a pair of KrK M4000's. They were a little week.My mixes on the Resolv's sound the same in my car after resting my ears for a little while. Feature: More than I need. Quality: Seem indistructable. Held there own against higher priced units, best value for the money. Value: Best 299 I've spent for my rig yet! Manufacturer Support: Not needed. The Wow Factor: I Have it. Overall: Luv'em

When you call, mention priority code 153M-N6J7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976