When you call, mention priority code 157C-C81C

Rating and Reviews: Samson GM1U G-Track Mic

No need for an external audio interface with the Samson GM1U. Plug your headphones directly into this USB mic, and enjoy zero-latency monitoring.

"Rockin' with an occasional a rollin'" submitted January 12, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Rockin' with an occasional a rollin'
Sound: Sounds pretty good. I rock pretty hard. I do a lot of yelping, screaming, and howling and the microphone seems to take it pretty well. My voice comes in actually pretty clearly without clipping which is pretty cool. Absolutely no self noise problems, that I heard that other USB mic's had. However, I don't like that you have to be really close for this to sound the way I would like it. I purchased a pop filter and a shockmount. Which I now feel might have been unnecessary purchases. I would get very close to the mic and pop as many P's as possible and I didn't get any sound pops. Unless your gonna be dancing with the mic in your hand and recording at the same time I don't think the shockmount is a must, which I purchased directly from Samson. Feature: I absolutely hate the fact that when you record vocals on one track it records it solely panned to the left side of the track. Yes, welcome to Suck City. If this weren't the problem it would be an almost flawless mic. Of course you can fix this problem with any DAW program. It would of been cool if there were a mono option for recording vocals from the mic. Some features that save this mic from me returning it are the ability to connect your instrument and/or headphones directly to the mic. Awesome feature. Ease of Use: It's really easy to use. Quality: The quality is good. It's a fairly heavy mic. If I were to hit it with a bat it might break. If I were to throw it at the wall it might not. Seemingly well built, sturdy. The volume knobs I think will be the the first to give. Value: I say it's worth it. The instrument in line and headphone connect really increase the value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't called them yet. The Wow Factor: It looks really cool and professional looking. I fell for it's charm. Overall: I purchased it for the better or for the worse and so far it's been for the better.
57 of 62 people (91.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sound quality and integrated package outweighs the slight background noise for me" submitted September 12, 2008

Musical Background: Active Hobbyist Musician
Music Style: Acoustic, Electronic, Experimental, you name it
Sound: A lot of people have commented on the background noise level on this mic. The thing I found is that this is affected by what USB cable you use with it. With the cable I was using at first, it was pretty bad. When I switched to a higher quality cable, it made a substantial improvement. The noise is still detectable in some circumstances, but for a lot of what I do (vocals), the noise is not noticeable. What you do notice is how great the mic sounds. A lot of presence, with both highs and lows clearly present without being overblown. Even using it without a pop filter, pops haven't been a problem for me. In a side by side comparison with Samson's C01U, this mic clearly sounded better, mainly I think because the rolled off the way they are with the C01U. The audio interface is also quite good in quality. Working with headphones, the audio output is noticeably better than plugging the headphones directly into my MacBook. Feature: I had decided that I wanted a high quality USB-based microphone. The extra features this Mic was not important to me when making my purchase. However, I've since found the built-in mixer and headphone monitoring capabilities invaluable. It's great to have the mic gain control directly on the microphone, as opposed to having to load up a special driver on the computer to control this. Ease of Use: Simply plugged it into the USB port on my Macbook, and it worked immediately. No need to install any drivers or do anything special. The controls on the mic itself are simple and intuitive to use. Quality: Excellent build quality. This mic feels very substantial; not at all plasticy. However, the one problem I've had is that sometimes partway through a recording the audio switches from being clear to being all garbled and distorted. Unplugging and re-plugging in the Mic resolves this, but it's definitely disappointing. Value: What you get is in line with what you pay for it. A separate condenser mic and external audio interface would be more expensive, but I understand this would avoid the low level background noise issue that people have discussed with this mic. For me, that background noise is minor enough to not outweigh having everything in one package that is provided with this mic. The Wow Factor: As mentioned above, it's very solid feeling, doesn't look at all like a toy. Overall: Aside from the slight background noise, it sounds fantastic. The convenience of having everything integrated into one package - no need for separate external audio interface and mixer boxes if you just need to record a single mic and optionally a single additional instrument. It's not intended for everyone, and many people will still want the flexibility and benefits of separate audio interface, mics, etc. However, for a singer-songwriter, electronic music person, or someone wanting a recording studio on-the-go, it's hard to beat this product.

"And the silver mic award goes to!?!Samson G track!" submitted April 5, 2009

Overall
Sound: I bought this mic mainly for vocal recording.I'm still surprised how clear it sounds,fuming mad that it only records in mono.But And easy fix with a DAW program. Ease of Use: Plug and play!Easy to use once you make it your main recording sound device. Quality: Nice to look at.Conveniently placed controls.Very sturdy. Value: A lot of bang for it's buck. The Wow Factor: It's like making love in the rain with a super model. Overall: I've had a few Dynamic mics prior to this and right now I'm highly satisfied,I might just buy another one.

"The best mic money can buy" submitted December 10, 2008

By a customer from aim.com
Music Style: HipHop, Rap, Soul, R&B
Sound: This mic is krazyyyyy and the sound is clear as crystal Ease of Use: It took a little time to get used to the mic and get it goin but its well worth the wait. Quality: Made to perfection Value: Well worth it The Wow Factor: Lol the sexiest mic i ever seen Overall: This mic is great ill be satisfied till the end of its time. Then i would buy a brand new one thats how good it is. This is byfar the best mic i seen in its price range or any for that matter. This mic exceeded my musical goals.
30 of 36 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Samson GM1U G-Track Mic Customer Review submitted October 16, 2008

Musical Background: Active Vocalist
Music Style: Alternative, R&B
Sound: The sound is excellent. I love the feature on the mic that turns the display light from green to red when you get too close to it, letting you know that the sound will be garbled in recording. I'm a vocalist and I must say that this mic preforms excellently. I was recording a duet one night with my vocals laid down first. My background person was AT LEAST two feet+ away from the g-track and it still picked up on her vocals. Excellent range, and unlike other reviewers, I haven't experienced ANY background noise or audio issues. I had a VERY loud fan going and on playback, I heard none of it. GREAT sound quality. Feature: I love the features! ( I recommend doing a search engine search for a g-track audio podcasting pack, you can really save price wise. ) I cannot speak for playing instruments along with recording audio / vocals YET simply because I'm waiting for my keyboard to be shipped. BUT the ability to plug my earphones directly INTO the mic totally eliminates latency. I give this an 8 because ... the only gripe I have with recording is even when you record in stereo, the playback ( earphones wise ) it only comes through in one ear. Bummer. Easily fixed with an audio-editing program, however. Ease of Use: It was very easy! ( And I'm hard to please. ) I bought this with a podcasting pack from another company and the mic came with SONAR LE. I rated this a 9 because I had to fiddle with the buttons and make sure the audio was to MY liking. But this was PLUG AND PLAY. Super, super simple! Quality: This mic has 'umph' to it. It was so heavy, I had to buy another stand for it. It's actually more weighty and WAY larger then what the picture displays on the side. Also, I dropped it, twice on a carpeted floor. XD It's quite durable. Dropping the g-track didn't affect the mics performance AT ALL. Value: Excellent value for what you receive. It is TOTALLY worth the price! Manufacturer Support: I have to rate a 5 - in the middle - because I haven't had to contact support yet, thankfully. The Wow Factor: I definitely say that this mic has appeal in terms of it's design ... it just radiates like it would be a great, usable product. Overall: Oh, I'm definitely DONE mic shopping ... the g-track does it for me!
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"one product to beat all the rest." submitted December 6, 2007

Musical Background: self tought producer
Music Style: etnic,indian, bollywood
Sound: this captured my voice faithfully but with a bit of noise is added to it ,cannot keep the mic sensitivity to infinity as the noise is very high, mic sens knob should only be kep at 70 % becuase its sensitive to indirect sounds. with a mac book and ligic express running along with reason 4 in rewire mode there literally very light latency you can hear which will sound like a 11 millisecond delay doubler effect. which is cool. could have been more expressive in sound capturing... Feature: recording of a guitar and other audio through inbuilt D/A converter is nice ....direct monitoring is excellent. 24 bit recording would hav been a big welcome.good solid construction.clip indicator is a good idea.Doesnt require a carry case all you need is a sponge wrap and you can keep this along in your laptop case ( I use a 15 inch bag for a 13 inch macbook so there is space for a senneheiser head phone and this mic alomg with miscellaneous things) Ease of Use: plug and play with apple logic, and on pc too....what else would will you expect ? Quality: seen better built mics but this one does the job for the money.so there is a little bit of compromise on all fine aspects. Value: great. a separate decent sound card and mic would have cost me around 250 euros atleast. Manufacturer Support: dont need to call them. The Wow Factor: even you want this , trust me.......... Overall: ease of use will let you use this broduct for long time.
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Samson GM1U G-Track Mic Customer Review submitted January 24, 2010

Overall
Sound: to record and get sound through both speakers you must turn left switch to mono and right switch to inst/mic then you need to go to the MXL website and download the usb recorder to make it work with audacity so then you record with the usb recorder software and then you make an mp3 of your recording then drag the mp3 into audacity software and edit. I have used this mic for about two months for voice over recording and have sent some of my demos to people I know in television and radio and they tell me it sounds really good and very professional so if you are having trouble with this mic the instructions above should resolve the problem on a windows based computer. I think samson should have there own usb recorder software to download online like MXL does that would be nice. Feature: the no latency monitoring is perfect the mic volume and the headphone volume need to be tweeked a little bit

"The Best Usb Mic Out 6.4.09" submitted June 4, 2009

Musical Background: Vocal recordist/vocal producer
Music Style: Urban,Hip-Hop
Sound: The sound quality is excellent. It is crystal clear for recording Rap/R&B vocals. Ill Rate it a 9 b/c it dosent sound like a lil wayne track or anything lol, but if you ever heard of the joka, it sounds just as 6ood as we do it for fun part 1 Feature: The mic has a place for the instrument and the earphones so you can do all 3 @ the same time. Ease of Use: plug and play. Quality: Im not to crazy about the features, it comes with sony cakewalk, which is really hard to use, so i just use mixcraft,itll also work well with audacity.It also comes with a mini stand, and a usb cable. Value: This is better than a dynamic mic, and its better than the lower price condenser mics on here that are about 50-to-110 dollars, so yea, people say usb mics are bad well dynamic and karioke usb mics are bad, condenser usb mics arent bad at all. Manufacturer Support: Ive had no problems with it yet! The Wow Factor: It isnt as shiny as the pic shows but it has a nice look on it, Overall: I think imma have this mic for a while its worth it, the only factor is if you dont have a pro6ram to record on, dont buy it, b/c it only recordes to one side so you have to pan it, to get that warm sound

"Nice Idea, But Needs Lots Of Work." submitted January 29, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Pop, Jazz, Rock, Reggae
Sound: Because this mic is so noisy (static & a high-pitched whine), it is unusable for anything othet than sound with high SPL's such as drums. It's useless for vocals, acoustic guitar, etc. Feature: This mic definitely rates a 10 simply because of its unique features. there is absolutely no other mic with this many features. (The sE Electronics USB2200a comes close but their mic has no line/guitar input. They do, however, have USB noise supressers that eliminate the inherent USB 5v noise). Ease of Use: Piece of cake - if you remember what audio drivers your computer is using. I have Cubase/Nuendo/Sound Forge 9 so I use Asio4all as my main driver. Quality: Through the noise, the frequency response for the mic is okay. It lacks depth in the lower frequencies - almost as if a bass rolloff switch has been left on somewhere. Value: I guess it's okay - as a curiosity item or toy. Absolutely not usable in a professional environment. Manufacturer Support: Can't report on support yet. If Samson makes drivers that can somehow "condition" the USB line so its quiet, then the G-Track is a winner The Wow Factor: This mic needs to go back to the drawing board. Overall: This mic is actually not a recommended buy unless you're nly using it to specifically record instruments with loud SPL's like drums where you can turn down the mic's input and reduce the inherent USB noise.

Samson GM1U G-Track Mic Customer Review submitted October 2, 2010

Musical Background: Professional voice-over announcer
Sound: I should have guessed. This is a microphone that costs $160 and it sounds like it. This is hands-down the WORST microphone I have ever used. And I have used many in my thirty-five years as a professional radio and television voice-over announcer. It looks great but it is GARBAGE! Save your money and invest is something like a Sennheiser 421 Shure, SM 7b, Electrovoice RE20 or better yet a Kel Audio HM7U or anything else from Kel Audio. Feature: Nothing good to report about this piece of junk. I returned mine to the store. Would make a good paper weight or door stop. Ease of Use: Impossible to get great sounds from this product. You could get better sound from a cell phone or even from your little sister's hot pink plastic toy mic. Any professional doesn't care about the cool Neumann look. What's important is what a mic sounds like and this thing is not possible or good reproduction. Quality: It weighs a ton, which is why I said it might be a good paper weight or door stop. Value: Like I said it isnt worth anything. Manufacturer Support: No. What's the point? The Wow Factor: Looks great, sounds like hell.

When you call, mention priority code 157C-C81C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976