When you call, mention priority code 15F6-K5F9

Rating and Reviews: Samson C01 Microphone

For the price, you can't beat the clean, accurate sound of this large-diaphragm condenser. It's great for recording vocals at home. Just add phantom power!

Samson C01 Microphone Customer Review submitted November 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: I am a New York certified sound engineer and own an Audio Technica 4040, an Audio Technica 3060 Tube mic and 2 sm 58's. Personally i think this mic is great because of its low end being rolled off or compressed or something. If you have a bad room and dont feel like putting acoustic absorbers up this mic is for you. Other mics i have used record very accurately so they record the boxiness of my room as well, boxiness lies at the low end frequencies which is why vocal booths sound boxy because you eliminate the high frequencies but the low frequecies are still there causing a boxy tone. this mic sounds very dry and does not show any boxiness in any room because it rolls off the low end on the mic. perfect for someone who wants a proffesional sound with a low budget mic. People that say the noise is too high dont know what there talking about. its not the mic its the preamp that your using. havent any of you heard of signal to noise ratio. price does not matter to make a professional sounding recording. hey michael jackson used an sm 58 on his billie jean song that mic only cost 99 bucks. Just make sure that you stand at no closer than 8 inches to the mic a good standing point would be 12 inches away from the mouth aimed directly at the mouth . Feature: i think the rolled off bass end is a great help if you have a boxy room Value: i think samson came out with a great mic here

"Samson CO1 nice cheap mic" submitted February 23, 2014

By Ed Hutchinson in Plainfield, VT
Overall
Musical Background: I am primarily a singer and have been singing for more than half a century.
Music Style: Barbershop mostly
Overall: This mic seems to be a favorite of the quartets in our barbershop harmony chapter. A single mic gives a very nice balance for the lead and bass (the primary voices in the center) and the bari and tenor can back away if they need to. The mic does very well with male voice range giving a pleasing warm tone without losing clarity.

"Solid microphone, average sound, bit noisy, good starter on rock vocals" submitted September 18, 2012

By Matthew Johnson in Port Republic, MD
Overall
Musical Background: keyboardist/vocalist for about 15 years. Mix/record solo and group projects with fellow Internet musicians around the world.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, acoustic, indie rock, folk
Overall: This was the first microphone I ever owned and have since moved on. Used soley as a vocal mic(male) in a studio with decent sound control, I have been able to compare it to other mics plugged into the same gear. I sing different genres of music ranging from rock, to soft acoustic ballads and anywhere in between. First let me say this mic has some strengths and some weaknesses. I found the "smooth top end" that they speak of to be more of a complete roll-off. For intimate songs where you want softer vocals with detail, the only way to achieve this is with some serious gain on the high frequencies. Unfortunately, the circuitry has a rather nasty "hiss" that really becomes apparent when trying to compensate for lack of frequency response. Doesnt matter which pre was used, or if no pre at all was used, the hiss is there. I found that this mic was not suited at all for a decent acoustic project. BUT, there is a place for this mic still in my studio. On my tracks where I put a little more "grit" into the vocal(i.e. rock, grunge) this mic, for the price, actually doesn't sound half bad. Bump up the low EQ and bring the mids down a tad and you can get a pretty decent recording out of it. If you are on a budget and looking for a studio mic, it's not bad for the price, so long as versatility is not a requirement. If I had it to do over again(and had it been available at the time), I would have opted for the USB version, as I have heard its a bit quiter, with the same frequency response.

"Pretty good for the price. I would recommend it more for vocals, guitar cabs, or snare because I've used it on those...if you a" submitted September 22, 2010

Musical Background: Recording/Live Engineer
Sound: I've been recording vocals on this mic through a liquid 4 pre into pro tools HD. On the vocalist I tried: SM27, CAD M179, Heil PR-35, Audix VX5, and a DPA SDC. I may have tried another, but the C01 blew them all away except the Audix VX5. The VX5 sounds very close to the C01. However, the C01 sounded a little more natural. It's a very plain sounding mic and sounds pretty much like what you put in front of it. That's what I like about the C01 and the VX5. The response is pretty linear. All you have to do it EQ it for your mix; the mic doesn't produce any nasty stuff. I've used the C01 on live guitar cabs, too with great results. Put it really close to the speaker at a 45 degree angle from the outside of the speaker pointing to the middle and it's perfect. I used this also on snare bottom on the 4pre. It sounds just like the snare but it needs a pad. It was alllmosst clipping the whole time. Good results. I think I may have liked the SM27 slightly better on snare bottom, but, hey, for $58, why not use the C01 and EQ it a little of you are on a budget? It doesn't pick up all the well from a distance though. You probably don't want to use this on choir or probably not even acoustic guitar. It's not as sensitive as say an SM27 from a distance. Feature: All it comes with is a clip. It needs a pad though!! Ease of Use: This microphone is really easy to use. The source should be pretty close though because of the tight pick up pattern. I believe it's actually super cardioid. Quality: It feels solid. The only issue I've had is that my vocalist is so powerful that it distorted the mic; but I went in the room and his nose was on the mic. I told him move a few inches back and then it was fine. It was probably low end pops distorting it. Value: I got this shipped for $58 on sale. Great. Manufacturer Support: No experience. The Wow Factor: The blue light is awesome. Overall: I bought this mic because my friend had one and I heard it. So, I was then a believer and bought it since it was on sale. I might even try this on live vocals sometime just to see because in the studio, it sounded good.

"Clean sound. Versatile. Great to have as around an option." submitted February 20, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Pick & Roll
Sound: I use for recording vocals & room percussion. The highs are crisp and the lows are solid, even at various gain levels. Great for the price. Comparable to MXL990. Feature: This was packaged with studio monitors. The mic came with a storage case...use it! Ease of Use: It has a decent spectrum that you can shape with EQ, depending on what you are recording. It seems versatile enough so far. I have owned for 2 months. Quality: No problems with quality. Seems durable. As with any condenser mic, you must keep it stored when not in use. Value: It is definitely worth the listed price. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It looks very nice. The blue led provides a bit of mood lighting. Overall: I would not buy a spare for backup, but I would replace if lost or damaged. If it dies on its own, I then move on to another model.

"Great Mic!" submitted May 7, 2009

Overall
Sound: Very easy to get a clean and usable sound out of it with a good preamp. Vocal, Acoustic guitar and saxophone you name it. This thing is amazing for what it can do. It has a very smooth and raw sound, no bumps or anything. So you can pretty much tailor its tone into anything you want. If you know how to use it, it's the best bang for the bucks out there! Feature: Practical, nothing fancy. Ease of Use: Plug it in and off you go Quality: Very solid! Value: Definetly worth the money! Manufacturer Support: Have no idea, didn't have any problems with it. The Wow Factor: I my opinion it is not the best looking mic out there but it gets the job done. Overall: Great value for a responsive, all around mic!

"Good starting mic for a beginner or amateur recording artist." submitted December 23, 2007

By a customer from pitt.edu
Musical Background: Active Musician, Hobbyist
Music Style: Indian Classical
Sound: Acceptable frequency response with a bit higher noise than I would like, but it usually disappears in the mix. Sounds better after being "warmed up" with phantom power for a couple minutes. Feature: More mics need LEDs like this one. Ease of Use: Plug in, 48V, good to go. Quality: Comes in a good padded case, feels weighty and good quality, and I've left mine in cold environments (refrigerated, pretty much) for extended periods and never had any problems after taking out the mics again. Value: This was my first studio condenser microphone, and I would say it's great for people on a limited budget or who are just starting to learn recording techniques. Manufacturer Support: Never needed. The Wow Factor: Pretty pedestrian looking mic, no chrome or shiny bits. Overall: I do wish it had better dynamic range and sensitivity, so I'll probably upgrade to a better mic in the $300-$400 range in the near future.

"Great price/quality ratio" submitted July 19, 2009

Musical Background: DJ,Producer
Music Style: House,Dance
Sound: The sound quality is very clear! It's great for vocals and instruments like drums. Feature: The coolest feature on this mic is the LED light. Ease of Use: Plug it in, give it phantom power and you're good to go. Quality: It's very heavy and made out of durable material. Value: This microphone is not too expensive and the quality is not too poor. It's a perfect quality/price ratio. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: It looks simple. Overall: I am very happy with this mic, the quality is amazing and it wasn't too expensive. I am sure it will last me for the next couple of years. Pros: - Very durable - Comes with padded case - LED light Cons: - A bit too heavy - Doesn't come with an XLR cable

"You get what you pay for" submitted December 31, 2005

Musical Background: Signed Artist
Music Style: Rap
Sound: The sound is O.K. if you have a compressor, but the noise level is far too high. I have to scream and get rid of the highs to avoid noise. Feature: It doesn't have any features. Quality: I dropped it a few times, but it still works. Value: It's a cheap price, for an average mic The Wow Factor: I needed a mic for recording and this one is good enough. It is also a sexy mic, MUCH, MUCH better than you see on the photos. Plus it is cheap. Overall: If I have more money, I'll run back to my music store and buy a better one. But until then, I'll have to do it with this one. It's not a very bad mic, not very good, it's fair. I don't use this microphone to record my tracks, just for demo-s. Every other recording is in a real studio.

Samson C01 Microphone Customer Review submitted June 25, 2005

Overall
Sound: For the price it's great Feature: Nothing special, the LED light is nice. Quality: Well built Value: Good value Manufacturer Support: Never broken on me

Samson C01 Microphone Customer Review submitted February 24, 2005

Music Style: rao
Sound: Man i love the sound of this mic great mic for a good prive Feature: i think its tip top Quality: greap quality Value: i think it has a good value Manufacturer Support: the mic never broke on me but i bet support would be right on it if it did The Wow Factor: i wnted it bad Overall: its a grea mic man

"Rode ProCaster" submitted March 27, 2014

By Anthony M in Hawthorne , CA
Musical Background: Radio personality
Music Style: talk radio, hip hop, R&B
Overall: The Rode ProCaster is a great mic for some who sits stationary and is able to speak directly into the mic at all times, but while broadcasting I also work the mixing board and have to move around the mic. I need a mic that is multi-directional that enables me to speak around the mic and still produce a great broadcast sound.

"THis is a really great microphone. I have used it on a variety of" submitted July 8, 2003

By a customer from marysden.com
Music Style: Worship
Sound: I was really impressed with the C01. Acoustic: warm and accurate. Voice: I did a mic shootout with a Rode NT1, an Octava large Diaphragm, and other mics twice it's price. We chose it over the others. Electric: As long as the amp isnt screaming, it did fairly well. Snare: I loved the snare track, was really open and quiet. Overhead: One of my fav's for overhead. As you can see ive used it alot and really am impressed with it. For the price, you cant beat it. Also, I have alot of mics, it's not that it's the only mic I use, but it's the one of the mics I keep coming back to. Feature: It's just a Cardioid pattern, but it's brick solid and quiet. Quality: Built really tough. I love the shockmount. Compare it to the Octava shockmount...there's no comparison. Value: For what you get....it's not bad at all. It's not a neumann or a brauner of course, but they dont cost 70 bucks either. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them before. The Wow Factor: Very nice appearance. The LED helped out in dark recording sessions. It helps keep the vocalist lined up to the mic. I have had no complaints about the led either. Nice color scheme to it. Overall: I have several mics for different uses, but if i was to replace it, i would spend the extra bucks to get the samson C03.

Samson C01 Microphone Customer Review submitted May 4, 2003

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Jazz/Blues/Roots
Sound: Hard to hear the sound over the noise! Quality: It's put together OK, but the fact that it's so noisy makes this irrelevant. The Wow Factor: If you need a mic to stick in the front of a LOUD guitar amp, then this may work for you. Useless for any ambient micing because of noise level. For vocals you have to practically eat the thing to overcome the noise.

When you call, mention priority code 15F6-K5F9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976