When you call, mention priority code 158J-ZQWV

Rating and Reviews: Samson C02 Microphone

These pencil mics from Samson deliver exceptional range and clarity on drum overheads, acoustic guitar, vocal groups, and more.

"lotta mic for the money" submitted May 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: I use these as overheads in my drum booth at church / @ the hi hats and ride cymbals. They also pick up my crashes. These teamed with a sure sm57/beta52 drum mic pack are giving us phenomenal sound. The CO'2s are very articulate, and pick up well. A little EQ'ing on the mixer board for taste, and I like them a lot. I rate them a ten for the price. These do their job well. Feature: Semi sturdy feel. I would want a heavier duty Sure or Audix Condenser setup for full time travel/play/gigging.........I play in one place every week and they stay set up...perfect for me.....10 for the money Ease of Use: plug and play........10 for the money Quality: works for me.... Value: 10 for the money Manufacturer Support: I thought one was bad but it was an old cable i was using. I emailed sampson. They did respond. They told me they would replace it if they found it to be defective. I am ok w/ the way the handled business..but it truly wasnt the warmth of Gretsch supportor yamaha support that i have gotten...i give them a 7 for seeming to be a little cold. The Wow Factor: it sounds GREAT in a drum application.if you can make hihats sound good then these will reproduce it well Overall: 10 for the money...at this price buy a pair if your not gonna beat em up too bad on the road...put your savings into your instrument, these will mic it well in a live setup.

"Great Value" submitted March 22, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, vocalist, musical director
Music Style: a capella & small group vocals
Sound: Use it for live vocals in groups of 1-16 people. Always satisfied. Feature: Shock mount is just adequate but better than none at all. Quality: Bought it on spec - if it was not good I would not have lost much money. Have been delighted with quality, construction, sound etc. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it, but email I sent asking for tech info never received a response. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? It's a pencil mic. You want sex appeal in a mic - get a Shure 556. Overall: Would buy the same again in a heartbeat if these went missing.

"The Dark Horse in Shining Armour" submitted July 24, 2006

Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: Everything!!!
Sound: I luv the sound of these. Let me put it this way, compared it with an AKG C1000S and recorded samples on the same cymbal hitting a few spots. Then i played back to a few friends to hear and see their feedback. Everyone pointed that the Samson sounded better. Sometimes it's better not to tell people about the mic when you let them compare, they always tend to prefer the well-known mics more just becos of preconceptions they already have. Rate it an 8 becos i haven't had chances to compared them with NT5, MK012 or KM184s. Feature: What features are really needed, all needed is there... Ease of Use: Besides cymbals, i have used them as room mikes, but they tend to pick up only higher frequencies. Used them on vocals and they didn't fit my friends, actually was only right for my own voice. They are best on cymbals and as a bridge pickup mic for acoustic guitar. Quality: Does feel fragile, gotta take care of them well.... Value: Come on, look at the price... Whatz more, i only paid 50% of it for a brand new match pair, the shop was on clearance sale.... wow, i really had a deal... Manufacturer Support: Don't know... The Wow Factor: It looks really great... Overall: Stop talking about those big names, on mics it's not WYPWYG, i can name you numerous occasions where the more branded overated mics lose out greatly to the cheaper unknown ones. Like i say, i met a person who kept swearing on a branded mic even though the cheaper ones were obviously better sounding. People have preconceptions that are difficult to break...

"Samson C02 Condensor mics : Excellent value - great sound. A best-buy" submitted May 15, 2006

Musical Background: Semi pro musician
Music Style: Classical / Latin
Sound: I have used this mic to record acoustic guitar. The sounds is as good as many more expensive mics. Feature: No issues - the mics had everything I needed. Ease of Use: No issues - just take from the box and use. Quality: No issues - I use these weekly in multiple venues. They are robust. They also look, and feel, well-made. Value: Excellent sound, and quality. None better at this price point. As good as many mics that carry considerably higher price tags. Manufacturer Support: Don't know - not used. The Wow Factor: I have it ! Overall: Very happy with these mics - would certainly buy again.

"Great Pair of Mics for Stereo Recording" submitted April 24, 2014

By michael king in Fairfield, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Semi Professoinal Pianist Hom erecording studio of mostly claassical music
Music Style: Classics, Rock Jazz, Ragtime
Overall: Excellent quality and price

"Great Pair" submitted June 8, 2005

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Musical Background: Active musician, semi-recording engineer
Music Style: Blues-Rock-country
Sound: Bright, accurate, and open. Feature: Single pattern, I use them to record live bands from the audience. They sound great Quality: they feel as solid as any Mic I own, or have use Value: For the price these sound fantastic. Actually, I won't say "Any" price but for what one might use these for I don't see the need to spend any more on a set of Mics. I've used Nuemann, Rode, AKG, Cad, Shure etc.... No less quality here, in fact I used one of these mics to do a voice over for my son's homework project, Perfect!! Manufacturer Support: don't know The Wow Factor: There really shiney....who cares the sound great. Overall: until I break them or get them stolen

"A Bass Singer Friend" submitted June 18, 2005

By albass man
Overall
Musical Background: weekend quartet, church music
Music Style: Southern Gospel Church music from Hymns to praise music
Sound: It can be used for all four parts of my quartet. I would use it for the bass part if i did not have the Cadilac of Bass mic's, The Shure Sm-81. I was very suprised that such a love priced mic could had those real low notes so well. If i had not ben able to aford the Sm-81. this mic would have been more than adequate. Feature: The factory windscreen is poorly constructed for bass singers. I recomend getting a Windtech 1300 windscreen for the best sound. These windscreens are only about $5 to $6 on various websites. With the 1300, this mic becomes a gret inexpensive bass or any othe part mic. If your bass singer sounds good, everyone else will. It will not make you a bass singer if you do not have the vocal ability to sing that part Value: In my opinion this mic is terribly under priced. It should sell for at least $200 a piece Manufacturer Support: don't know have not need it

"UNBEATABLE!" submitted March 1, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Hobbyist
Music Style: Acoustic Guitar
Feature: Has every thing it needs. Good durable case, foam wind screens for windy conditions, good quality shockmounts. Quality: These are very good quality. I can

When you call, mention priority code 158J-ZQWV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976