When you call, mention priority code 14P2-VWRG

Rating and Reviews: Samson UHF Guitar Angled

Don't kill your gig by tripping over a wire. Get rid of the clutter with the Samson Airline 77 AG1 wireless guitar system.

Overall

"I like this product I made money using it. Buy one now !" submitted April 26, 2011

Musical Background: over 35 year entertaining in clubs
Music Style: all styles
Sound: This is a great wirless system I used it on the gig Sat. with no problems . It produced a very strong signal with great sound quality and responded well.There was no signal loss. I went out into the audience and just let it rip. It was great. NO signal loss even floating around the club with over 300 customers.I would recomnd this unit to any working musician doing small clubs. I'm not sure how it would work in a stadium or arena. If I ever get a gig like that I will let you know. Feature: Yes good Ease of Use: very easy Manufacturer Support: na

"My experience with the AG-1 Wireless guitar system." submitted March 11, 2012

By William (Bo) Johnson in Springfield, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing keyboards lead singing in different bands & singing groups for forty-five years.
Music Style: I've ppayed every type of music out there but really excelling in R&B and Funk Music. I'm from the Dayton, ohio area - The real
Overall: Hi - My na me is Bo - I recently purchased the AG-1 guitar wireless transmitter from Z sounds for my roland portable keyboard which i also purchased from z sounds and i'd like to say i'm so satisfied with the ease, portability & quality of this product. the transmitter is just a very tiny like litlle cube box about the size of something that you would stick on a keychain. I stick in on my instrument, turn it on and it's showtime, and only uses one little AAA battery. Wow - Thank U - Z Sounds.

"You Get What You Pay For." submitted December 16, 2007

By a customer from jeffcunningham.org
Music Style: country/blues
Sound: It does have some white noise at times and then occasionally you get some interference. It seems to be when you are in high RF areas, near cell towers, etc. I live rural, so that is not an issue. Feature: For the price, you are getting minimal but adequate wireless. This is NOT for ZZ Top to use, though. You have to look at the price and be realistic about this. Ease of Use: Any 10 year old with the brain of a pecan can work this. Quality: The product is your typical plastic $200 machine. You get what you pay for. But I have abused this pretty hard and it shows no signs of wear and tear. I just gave it to my wife for her electric fiddle and it sounds amazing. I am buying another one for myself! Value: Like I say, you git whut choo pay fer. The Wow Factor: It it a wireless. As long as you don't notice it, it is sexy. No frills, no thrills and no wires. Overall: I am not searching for another brand or product. I will stick with a known entity, but I am also not gigging. I use a wireless because my child is disabled and the less wires in the house the better.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great product for Guitar or anything around those frequencies" submitted November 21, 2013

By Caleb White in Freeville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 16 years. I play drums, guitar, and bass professionally and dabble with other instruments.
Music Style: I do all christian music. Styles I cover is rock, hip hop, gospel, worship, and whatever I am called to do. Love it!
Overall: Product is amazing for the value! The features are very basic so even a dummy can use it like me. Only option you would use most of the time is the nob to adjust your distance away from the receiver. If you have it set to close and stand far away, the sound is delayed from when you actually strum. It gets very noticeable if not set right. I wouldn't suggest using this particular unit with bass guitar because it create a noticeable fuzz around the low A,E, and B string. With guitar there is an unnoticeable change in sound to the common ear. Overrall the sound is right on with guitar. The unit plastic but holds up well if you don't drop it too many times. I have the wireless head set so I have the rack bracket that places both units side by side. Looks nice and fancy. I have had no real issues with either one and the SAMSON support is AMAZING. At least with my experience with them. The part you plug into your guitar works for MANY models. I was worried with my Fender Strat and Ibanez SR506 it wouldn't work. But it fits in there like they were made for each other. Very snug and has a slight curve to hug the guitar a little bit. Make sure your red light isn't on because it makes a not so quiet sound when it does. overrall its a great product for the buck. Can't really beat it. I would definitely suggest this to a musician on a budget. But if you are looking for clarity for bass and other low instruments, I would get a quality digital wireless system instead of the UHF system.

"Samson Airline 77 Guitar Angled" submitted December 31, 2013

By Tommy S in Portland, OR
Musical Background: I have been playing for 45 years. Bass, Guitar, Keys
Music Style: All of it from Country to rock
Overall: Great little wireless, clean and natural sound.

"Samson Airline 77 Guitar Angled" submitted October 17, 2012

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: gig 2x a month - playing 40 years
Music Style: Classic Rock and Blues
Overall: Samson Airline 77 Guitar Angled performed perfectly at a gig where I walked out away from the stage by 60 feet and it never missed a note.

"Would have been great had it not snapped in half on stage." submitted August 17, 2010

Musical Background: Touring musician
Music Style: Original Blues Rock
Sound: The sound is fine. I didn't notice a significant cut in signal or tone shift. Feature: I like the 15 db pad. It helped cut distortion in some house systems and some backline. Ease of Use: Easy enough to set up and use. Once it's set up, you're good to go. Quality: This is where the item fell down. It broke. Onstage. At a huge festival. With several thousand people looking on. I am a vigorous performer, but there are lots of animated players out there. The bug snapped off against my leg, leaving me with just a plug sticking out of the input jack and no sound. Frantic readjustment ensued and since I'd had the transmitter padded 15 db, when I ran a line straight in, of course the sounds was way tweaked and loud and I spent the rest of the set trying to get a handle on it. Value: If you are unlikely to break the thing, it's great; our guitar players uses the same product with no problem. He just doesn't jump around as much. The Wow Factor: It's just practical. I'm getting another one from a different company with a slightly different design that I hope will stay out of the way of me. I hate wireless hip packs. I usually end up duct-taping them to my strap and I hate them. That's why the bud design is so cool.

"Love it, but some noise if I turn it off." submitted May 4, 2011

By a customer from ccfnorthwest.com
Musical Background: Worship Leader
Music Style: Mix for worship
Sound: I releaced and older one that had multiplke frequncies - which I miss in this unit. Because i only have the one option, if I shut the transmitter off, I get "noise". So I must leave it on until the complete system is off. The sound is great, besides the noise when I am done playing. Feature: Only one frequency option Ease of Use: Turn it on, and plug it in. Value: Not as good as the last one i had, but it works! The Wow Factor: I bought this one because the transmitter is not a body pack style, I would not purchase a larger unit, I like that is is small and hidden

"Thumbs down for professional use." submitted April 22, 2008

By a customer from mac.com
Overall
Musical Background: Working musician, producer.
Music Style: Rock, pop, jazz.
Sound: Sound is plagued with hiss anytime a note is sounding. It's not an issue when playing loudly, but when a sustained note is playing and trails off, the signal becomes almost pure hiss. Feature: OK on features. There's plenty of adjustability, and perhaps a bit too much. There are at least four adjustments to gain staging (not including the instrument) which complicates setup. Ease of Use: Sure, it's conceptually easy to use, but getting "great" sounds is not possible. The manual is not exactly clear, and could use some rewriting. Quality: Construction seems to be pretty good. All the covers, clips, cables, etc. seem to be made with pretty good grade high-impact plastic. Some markings are extremely small, however, and are impossible to read. Value: For this kind of money, I would expect FAR better performance. Manufacturer Support: I called Sampson explaining the hiss problem, and they quickly passed it off as a defective unit, and said to return it. But after doing some web research, I concluded this is a problem indigenous to this unit. The Wow Factor: Nice concept, with the direct plugin design of the transmitter. That's about it. Overall: I am not satisfied at all, and immediately requested a refund. Instead, I am purchasing the XD-PLUS from X2. It's $100 more than what I paid for the Samson, but the testimonials are glowing, and hopefully they bear out. The Samson unit might be OK for a budget setup, but expect budget sound. Definitely not professional quality.

"not a good buy" submitted November 4, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Sound: Not happy at all tried to use it for bass and I get alot of hiss on every note played and a craking noise all the time.I have a tip do not buy it

"Terrible!" submitted October 4, 2007

Music Style: Rock/Alternative
Sound: Very noisy. Play a note on the bass and as long as the note rings, background noise rings with it. Kill the note, the background noise stops. True-diversity switching from antennae A to B makes a popping noise. Walk around the stage, that's all you hear. Quality: Antennaes bent. Front display crooked. Value: wouldn't buy it. Overall: Will return it.

"Good UHF wireless guitar system." submitted February 13, 2008

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: I own 2 Samson units. The AG1 unit and the (2nd unit) with CT7 body pack and guitar cable. I find the sound (from my acoustic electric)through the AG1 unit is clear and nice whereas the sound through the body pack sounds enveloped in a hiss. I am adding this since other reviewers mentioned the hiss. No hiss through the AG1 transmitter. The second unit with CT7 body pack sounds good with a headset QE/QV mic (or handheld). Feature: I did not have to adjust anything. It worked fine out of the box. Quality: Seems to be reliable - I will be setting them up in a rack soon. Value: I do small shows - The Wow Factor: I wanted a UHF system. After looking around - I finally chose this based on the price. Since most of the rest were at least $100 more.

When you call, mention priority code 14P2-VWRG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976