When you call, mention priority code 1761-8XRD

Rating and Reviews: Roland TD-9KX2 V-Tour

Roland continues its tradition of excellence, churning out this sleek coupling of style and playability that pays off with premium sound and myriad options.

"Don't put a price tag on your playing" submitted February 28, 2012

By Michael P in L.A., CA
Musical Background: Studio Musician
Music Style: Hardcore/Metal
Sound: The samples in the drum module are amazing. I am particularly impressed with the fact you can customize every sample. For example, I adjusted the size of the china cymbol I use and custom tuned and muffled the kick drum to my liking. Also, you can send individual pads out into a reverb unit (which is great if you only want reverb on your snare drum and not on everything else). Feature: My favorite feature is the metronome/scope feature on the drum module. Being able to visually see if your playing on time is a HUGE help. The USB feature is great also, I bought a little USB thumb drive, loaded it with songs I want to learn, and I can easily access those songs in seconds. Ease of Use: Very easy. Don't be intimidated by this kit, you'll understand this module's interface without a problem. I didn't even read the manual, and yet Roland has a way of making the navigation very obvious to the user. Quality: Roland's are tough. You're cymbol pads might get a few stick marks, but other than that you're not going to break the thing unless you drop the module on the floor or something. Just be sure to use a surge protector, better safe then sorry when you plug your expensive audio gear into a wall socket. My ONLY complaint is the kick drum pad, in all honesty I hate it. I will be replacing it with a larger mesh head kick drum pad in the near future. It's simply too small for double bass pedals, it works (I have a DW 5000 hooked to it currently), but it's a tight fit for the beaters to hit evenly. Value: It's expensive, my budget is still a little tight after this purchase, but don't put a price tag on your playing. If you're serious about playing drums, get a kit you won't have to replace later on. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact Roland. The Wow Factor: This kit looks amazing, photos do not do the justice at all. It's big, shiny, and draws attention. Overall: It's been a few weeks since I've recieved this kit, so now is a fair time to give my review. First of all, I love this kit. I live in an apartment, therefore having an acoustic set is out of the option. I initially had the Roland HD-1, and although I have a personal attachment to the set, it's not the best to advance one's skills on due to the size. I went to my local music store and played all the other electric kits, specifically Yamaha and Alesis sets. Both companies were decent, but as soon as I sat at the Roland TD9KX2 kit, it INSTANTLY blew the other kits out of the water. Now, I stress this very much, get the KX2 version (with upgraded pads and high-hat stand capabilities). I played the regular verson of the TD-9 (9K2) and the pads don't trigger as accurately as the TD-9KX2. Trust me, play both side by side and you'll realize that the "X2" version is worth the extra money.

"Love it!!! You should get one too!" submitted April 13, 2011

Overall
Sound: This electronic drum set is amazing!! I already feel like it is helping my skill level improve due to all the special features like the click and being able to play with all the songs and mute the drums parts. Being able to record what I play and play it back, has really helped me to hear how on or off beat I am and the "scope" feature helps you to visually see your accuracy. It is really nice to be able to adjust all the sound/volume levels on each drum or cymbol according to what you are playing. I was also pleasantly surprised when I recieved the set it came with a high hat stand, a bass drum pedal and a very nice drum throne--all things I wasn't expecting and thought I would have to order seperately. This set is exactly what I wanted and needed and the sounds quality is very crisp and the realness of it makes it a lot easier to transition back to a real drum kit. I have the VDRUMS monitor (sounds ok) but it definitely sounds better throuh the Vic Firth headphones I bought. I am very pleased with it and am glad I bought through this company, very fast, easy to work with and no damaged products! -adrienne

"roland td-9kx2 v-tour electronic drums" submitted June 11, 2012

By jon f in stevenson ranch, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 27 years of playing, high school drumline, drumset for 23 years.
Music Style: rock, jazz, and funk
Overall: Overall the set is very good. The feel of the drums and cymbals are good (not close to a real set of course) The only problem I have is with the base drum pad. 1st Ive only had it for a month and the pad has developed a dent where the beater hits it 2nd it is a little bit unstable, it bounces around, using a single pedal and worse with double pedal. It happens because where the pedal hooks up to the pad base needs to be longer so that you can hook up a double pedal centered on the pad, like the instructions tell you to do. I have a axis double pedal and it isnt a wide pedal at all.

"Still practicing in Hawaii" submitted March 29, 2011

By a customer from hawaii.rr.com
Musical Background: one year, student
Music Style: light rock
Sound: This product sounds fine. There are many interesting sound options, not sure they will all be used. It is difficult to get the mask time and retrig to work properly. Not having the ability to to have the drum music for any of the 50 pre-recorded songs makes it impossible for the student to ever figure out what the composer intended the drum part to be, and that is something I wish I knew before I purchased. Feature: The accessories included were the DW 3000 hareware package. However the were no instruction on how to set-up the Hi-Hat stand, and there is no information on their web-site. I would have liked to omit this DW hardware and reduced the cost. Or maybe have different option for adding hardware of better quality, even if that cost more. Ease of Use: I think it is difficult to use. Very techanical. Optimizing the trigger pads is confusing. I have not yet even tried to use the MIDI settings. Looks like you need lots of computer experience. One big dissapointment is the fact you have no way to have the sheet music for the preset song list. When playing along with the internal songs; you can mute the other instruments, but how does anyone ever learn the drum part?? Even if you slow the tempo down there is no way to really see or tell what the drum music is supposed to be. This is really a bad feature for someone trying to learn the drum music part. I have tried over and over again to listen and try to understand what the drum part is supposed to be. Quality: This product is well made. There are no loose parts and no blemishes. It was delivered with very good packaging and protected from any shipping damage. The stand moves a little too much, even on the Roland Mat. Value: Product is fairly high priced, but I am sure it is because of the company name. Manufacturer Support: So far so not to good. When I called about the question on the 50 pre-recorded songs, the tech had little to offer. The Wow Factor: Yes, The product is very good looking and has appeal. Overall: I picked this product mainly because of the Roland reputation for quality products. I just wish I knew it would be as complicated to use before I committed. I am sure I will never figure out how to play along with the 50 pre-recorded songs the way it should sound.

When you call, mention priority code 1761-8XRD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976