When you call, mention priority code 12FG-6HQN

Rating and Reviews: Roland SPD30 Octapad Drum

The SPD-30 Octapad from Roland combines cutting-edge drum and percussion sounds with current triggering technology, a Phrase Loop function, USB MIDI, and more.

"Octapad: great sound and value; alot of fun!" submitted August 31, 2011

Music Style: jazz, RnB
Sound: Great sounds. Wish it included more standard sets. Feature: should include the pedal to switch kits or phrase loops Ease of Use: a little cumbersome to edit Quality: very durable, solid so far Value: yes, a great instrument for the price Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: getting a little carried away with this ? Overall: It should last a while. Here is a video of my set-up using the groove drums kit, kick and hi hat pedals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb0z6O27otI
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Know it, Love it." submitted February 26, 2011

Musical Background: active Musician
Music Style: many styles
Sound: Is the Octapad worth the price? Like all things, it depends on what you are going to use it for. I purchased the octapad about a year ago from Zzounds. If you look at all the YouTube videos, and check all the reviews, you will find a lot of positive feedback about this product. I found all the claims about what the octapad can do and how easy it is to use, to all be true. Itís truly a great instrument. So why did I sell mine? I am in a band and I thought it would be something cool that would enhance my on stage performance. While it has a large selection of sounds, it will not allow sampling. Therefore, you are limited to just what the instrument can do. After experimenting for months I had to realize that I simply didnít have any use for the octapad. As a result, I sold it on E-bay. There is one very important question you need to ask yourself before you lay down over $700. ďWhat am I really going to use the octapad for?" If you are clear as to what you will use it for, than you have no worries, the octapad is a great instrument. Feature: I knew that the Octapad did not have the ability to sample when I bought it. I was hopeing that the ability to make sounds from the on board sounds would be enought. For me.......it was not. Roland will not add sampling to the Octapad, so don't ask. Yea, i asked. Ease of Use: Look at all the YouTube vids and see how easy it is to use. It really is that easy to use. Quality: It's a Roland Quality is #1. I own a number of Roland products and they are all high quality items. Octapad is built strong and can take a beating. But it is a musical instrument therefore play it don't beat it. Value: Pricy, but when you buy a product that actually does everything that it is advertised to do, it takes the bite out of the cost. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: The YouTube vids are great and really makes you "want one." I can't watch them anymore or i might end up buying another one. Overall: My next purchase will be the Yamaha DTXM12 Multi Pad Sampling Drum Pad. I have heard good things about this unit and I think it bits at the heels of the Octapad. Check it out. (Hey Yamaha, send my one and I will rate it.)

"Octapad Rocks" submitted November 13, 2013

By Ralf H
Overall
Overall: I tried other pads but they all had limitations, Octapad has everything you need and more. The pay as you play option from Zzounds made the deal for me.

"Great Sounds, easy to use, not for live gigs" submitted July 7, 2012

By David W in Frisco, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Semi professional musician... 25 years singing and guitar... 15 years performing
Music Style: Dance variety.... R&B, Pop, hip hop, funk, rock, jazz
Overall: I wanted SSSSSOOOOOO bad to like this unit. The best sounds of all digital drums in my opinion. It was also very easy to use, very easy to find and setup sounds, very easy to change pitch. Average user could spend 30 minutes on it without the manual and have a great idea on how to get around on it. My gripe is that it's best for studio work. I used this several nights at live shows with a live drummer. It would fire sounds on its own when the band started playing. Im guessing it reacted very sensitively to vibrations. I sent the unit back and asked for a second one. The 2nd one did the same thing. There is an addendum to the manual that comes with the unit about adjusting its sensitivity. Therefore, Roland knows its an issue. I adjusted the sensitivity per the addendum, but it didn't solve the problem. I went with the Yamaha DTX Multi 12 instead and it works and sounds great. It can hold its own sound wise to any unit. However the Yamaha is not as easy to use and it just doesn't quite have the Roland 808 sounds and a few others that I love... I think the sounds on the Roland are the best... I just can't use it live.

When you call, mention priority code 12FG-6HQN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976