When you call, mention priority code 12BR-1HQK

Rating and Reviews: Roland Micro Cube RX Bass

Rock out anywhere with the Roland Micro Cube, a tiny, battery-powered bass amplifier that packs a big punch.

Overall

"This little beast is one hot and awesome amp that I`m tickled pink to own." submitted June 10, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist,&Active Musician
Music Style: Rock,Metal,drum and bass,and a little techno.
Sound: I bought this neat little amp the other day and I`m really impressed on how it sounds.WOW,it blew me away.I use all of the sound effects on it,also the drom beats,and the tuner.What a cool setup on this cool amp.It`s got lots of rockin` power.I really enjoy it everyday. Feature: No,there were no accessories with it except the carrying strap and the power adaptor,but thats because it`s used.All in all,it`s one awesome little amp. I get a charge out of it.I`ve never seen an amp like it before. It`s cute and rugged. Ease of Use: It didn`t have a manual when I got it,but that`s ok,brcause it`s easy to use and modify the sounds I need.I use it with my lead guitar and my bass guitar,and I also plug my microphone in to for some more wonderful fun. Quality: It seems to be built good and durable.I think it`s reliable and will last a long time. Value: Since it`s built well, I think it`s worth it`s price. Manufacturer Support: No, I have not dealt with the company yet.I haven`t needed any service yet. The Wow Factor: It`s a practical addition to my set-up.I use it a lot more than I do my other amps,brcause it`s so fun to use,and it sounds great,plus, I can take it outside and play it if I want to with out plugging it in.The battery setup is really cool. Overall: I expect I`ll be satisfied with it for a long time.If it does break down soon,then I`ll fix it myself,or get it fixed else where,and if it goes completely down,then I1ll look for another amp like this one,except maybe a little more power.Maybe!

"Sound a lot like my $8,000 bass rig......just hella quieter." submitted January 23, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in LAS VEGAS, NV
Overall
Musical Background: former pro drummer. playing guitar & bass for 19 years. just jam with friends now
Music Style: mostly slap bass. i like to play a lot of death metal also. keeps the chops up.
Overall: I already have the monster bass rig. I just wanted something to practice at home with that didn't shake the whole house, but it is so hard to find something small that still sounds good. as we all know, a crappy sound is uninspiring. When I tried this little sucker out @ a local music store I was blown away! The tone has to be heard to be believed! I mean WOW!!!!! Plus a built in tuner and drum machine. When I was messing with it, several people were shocked to hear what was coming out of this little 5 watt amp. Everyone thought I was plugged into the ampeg ba115 that it was sitting on top of.

"excellent" submitted December 11, 2013

By john a in e orange, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: sing at church(40 yrs), bass at home(3 yrs)
Music Style: Gospel, jazz, r&b
Overall: Perfect for its intended purpose,excellent practice amp. Saw some reviews saying its not loud enough, must be people used to 8x10s. Used it thanksgiving, thought it was quiet, was heard thru the nice sized house. Glad I made the purchase.

"Almost great" submitted June 13, 2012

By Jerry T in Fall River, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I,ve played for over 20 Years , Starting with an upright bass now I play bass guitars
Music Style: Jazz , Blues , Country , Standards
Overall: I've had this amp for a year or two . I like the battery power & light weight , but it just isn't powerful enough compete with electric guitar's volume in an out door setting where the battery power would be used . Roland is the only company I'm aware of that has a battery powered bass amp , so I'm hoping they will expand their line and offer a more powerful version . Over all this is a great amp..

"A Great Little Battery-Powered Bass Amp" submitted January 30, 2012

By John Smith in Springfield, IL
Musical Background: 48 years of playing string bass and bass guitar
Music Style: Have been a session player, and performed in a professional symphony orchestra, various rock bands and jazz ensembles, etc., etc
Overall: I previously owned a Pignose Hog 30 bass amp. I love the concept of being able to take the bass to the park and outdoor gatherings without the need for AC.I wore the Pignose out. The Roland has much more features and conventional AA batteries. The sound quality is good considering it's power and size.

"Cool amp designed for specific purposes" submitted April 30, 2012

By Shane C in Boerne, TX
Musical Background: Bassist for 28 years
Music Style: Rock, funk, metal, blues
Overall: I bought this amp because I wanted something to take along on situations where acoustic guitars or low volume electrics and scaled down percussion tend to dominate (think back porch jams). In terms of battery- powered options for bass, there's not much out there, so in a sense I took what I could get. What I got was so much more than I expected. It's a solid piece and all fittings look quality. It has some heft to it too. You can tell it's no toy when you pick it up. Volume-wise, if you're using it for solo practice, it's all you need. Plenty of model amp/effect options plus a built in rythym track with many musical style choices. It will get loudish if you need it to. The tone is great for this size. Not surprisingly the mid/treble range shines a bit brighter than the bass, but even that is quite acceptable. It comes with an AC power adapter so you won't burn through batteries unless that's your only option. Obviously it's not a gigging amp, and if your fellow players are cranking it out, you're going to get lost. But as long as keeping the volume down (and the cops away) is what you're after, you'll be fine.I guess my favorite aspect of this amp is ultimately the size. I keep it stashed in the magazine/book storage area of a side table next to the sofa. It's right there in my living room ready to power up at any time, which gets me playing a lot more often than my other amps which require tedious setup, or for me to leave the warm glow of the living room tv (gasp!). I can take it with me anywhere, anytime a jam session might break out. Doing so with a large combo or cab stack just doesn't make sense. If these characteristics are desirable to you, then you need to go for it. I think most bassists will be pleased with the package - portablility, tonal options, quality.

"KRAZY!!" submitted November 7, 2013

By john A in e orange, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: singing 40+, bass 4, sing church, all over, bass at home(for now!)
Music Style: Whatever sounds good at that time, lots of Christian, r&b....
Overall: So far, so good. Unplugged my ampeg, won't need for a minute. Sounds clear, effects and beats serve their purpose well. Not for those who want to see how loud they can those lows, but those just trying to improve their craft, good job roland, and if they come out with more power, same weight, I'll buy that one too.....

Roland Micro Cube RX Bass Customer Review submitted August 27, 2010

By a customer from netscape.net
Overall
Musical Background: play in a couple of bands
Music Style: metal to jazz
Sound: sounds goood just wish it was a little louder,but i didn't expect much with only five watts and a foot switch to turn the effects on and off would be cool Feature: for a small amp it has a nice selection Ease of Use: easy to use and figure out what every thing does Quality: seems to be well made Value: if you need something to take out to the park and jam it's great also makes a nive home pratice amp to. Manufacturer Support: never had to deal with them The Wow Factor: the amp looks good and feels pretty solid

"Rolland micro cube rx battery powered bass amp" submitted March 6, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in Lodi, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing bass and guitar for over thirty years. I have played in bands in the past but mostly play in the home studio
Music Style: I love a variety of music. Will play just about anything but i have an affliction for the absurd. Love to find new sounds. Major
Sound: With the four small speakers it sounds much like a big amp. I can get amazing sounds from this amp at a lower volume. It has the feel of playing through a big amp/speaker set up at high volume wihout making the neighbors mad. The effects on board are limited but nice to have for mobile situations when you want a few toys to play with but dont want to drag around more advanced pedals. The amp models provide enough variery for most people to find a sound that fits them. Feature: The amp models sound good. The effects Are nice to have when away from more advanced pedals. Rythem guide is limited but handy and fun when playing alone Ease of Use: Straight forward. The better you play the better it sounds Quality: Looks well built. The recessed knobs were a good idea. Verry cool looking design Value: Well worth the money if you need an amp that has awesome sound but not a lot of volume. Best sounding small amp on the market for bass. Just dont expect to be able to jam with a drummer or another guitar with a bigger amp. All the features and the ability to go cordless and jam anywhere with onboard effects make this little sucke well worh the money. If mobility and awesome sound at low levels are what you are looking for the you will love it. If you need more volume or dont plan on useing the battery function, i would look at others like the hartke or barringer practice amps that will give you more thump for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Have not had a reason to contact them The Wow Factor: The four little speakers make it look super cool. Like a big amp shrunken. Overall: Awesome little practice amp. Great low end sound for such a small amp

"Great little battery-powered bushing/practice amp." submitted February 12, 2009

By a customer from glowingcow.net
Musical Background: occasional musician
Music Style: I'll play just about anything
Sound: Loud and low for a 5 watt amp with 4" drivers. Great for practice or busking. COSM models sound decent. Feature: Tuner is useful and handy. Enough inputs and outputs for most purposes. Works as a DI. Can plug in another instrument or mic. AA battery power lasts a long time (13 hours) and you can get AA batteries practically anywhere. 3-band equalizer is useful. Rugged. Ease of Use: I didn't get a manual with it but was able to use it immediately. Does what you expect when you start twiddling the knobs. Quality: Seems nearly bulletproof. Knobs and switches are recessed so you're not likely to damage them without some bad luck. Value: Expensive for a practice amp but the features and ruggedness makes up for it. There isn't a better busking amp for this price. Manufacturer Support: Called Roland for a manual and they offered to send me one immediately. Phone rep was friendly and helpful. The Wow Factor: Nice combination of features. I like it a lot. It's not super loud but if you're just playing by yourself or in a smaller place, it's loud enough. Overall: I can't think of another practice/busking battery-powered amp that's better for the price. The tuner, COSM models, effects, and input/outputs all in one handy little box is very convenient.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tiny And Expensive" submitted August 3, 2008

Musical Background: active rock dude
Music Style: i am the guitardian
Sound: The most important thing in a bass amp is power in my opinion. I like the cute 4x2.5 speaker setup for looks but it simply cannot hold up except as a practice amp. Little side stuff like the tuner, the cheesy drum beats, and the 'modelling' effects, while all individually nice touches, simply cannot get over the fact that this guy was just too quiet to compete with a set of bongos. You could spend far less on a Behringer and get more volume. Sure it doesn't have built in chorus and delay like this thing but how much do those really get used anyways? Feature: The effects were nice, but not very relevant. I don't use the built in rhythm thing or the tuner but I guess it's cool that they provided it. Really it's just that the little guy can't compete volume wise, and no amount of bonus features will help that. Ease of Use: This is dial and play stuff here. No problems understanding it. Quality: Definitely sturdy, definitely durable, it is a tight little piece. I question the knobs getting shovelled around in a travel rig, so I just gave it a 9 instead of a 10. Value: It has some cute features, and the 4x2.5 makes it louder than it really is, but it is ultimately just a really REALLY overpriced practice amp. You would do far better to get a 40 watt nem or a 20 watt Behrenger for a practice amp. The sound is nice, but hey it's a bass, right? we don't really need that much amp modelling, just a direct into a board for recording, or a loud amp for live. I didn't buy this but I used it for a little coffee shop gig, and thought it seemed absurd to pay so much for such a little weak amp. You are paying for the effects and the emulated sounds I guess... but if you aren't heavy on that stuff just get a simple prac amp with a volume and some EQ and save some money for beer or whatever. Manufacturer Support: I never liked dealing with Roland people. they seem like elitists who dont want to talk to you. I never had to regarding this piece, but when I had problems with my old VS880 they were kind of dismissive because it wasn't one of their current flagships. I don't like paying $2500 for a recorder that is considered obselete by the people that made it a year later and getting attitude from their phone people. These guys were jerks to me. If they didn't make good stuff, I would never want to call them, and when I did, they were condescending because I wasn't using their latest product. The Wow Factor: The 4 mini-speakers are a nice touch. Irrelevant in such a small box, but nice-looking. It's a cute little package-deal looking thing. Overall: I just used it at a small coffeehouse show, it sounded okay. It wasn't buzzy or anything, but it just wasn't loud enough to compete with anything on a stage. The sounds are nice, the effects, um.... cute I guess... but kind of unnecessary. The drum machine... pointless unless you live in the hills with nothing else to jam along with. Don't get me wrong, this thing was nice sounding, and well built, but it had me questioning exactly what it had over a dirt cheap 20 watter if most of the features are kind of seldom used.

"Excellent Job Roland!" submitted July 9, 2013

By Hans K. H
Musical Background: 25 years in clubs and theatres-played in 2 US Navy Bands
Music Style: Jazz, western swing, world and blues
Overall: What a great little bass amp! My Fender P Bass and Ibanez fretless sound great through it. I have had it for three days and am really impressed. It has excellent build and sound quality for the size. Mike it into a big amp or PA for big stuff or by itself for recording , practice or busking by a roadside with a guitarist.

"Excellent Job Roland!" submitted July 9, 2013

By Hans K. H
Musical Background: 25 years in clubs and theatres-played in 2 US Navy Bands
Music Style: Jazz, western swing, world and blues

When you call, mention priority code 12BR-1HQK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976