When you call, mention priority code 1616-GN85

Rating and Reviews: Roland KC110 Keyboard Amp

No outlet? No problem. Turn up the sound wherever you are with the world's first battery-powered stereo keyboard amp.

"Roland KC-110 Keyboard Amplifier " submitted June 12, 2012

By a customer from cs.com
Overall
Overall: We are in an area where we often go camping and have no access to electricity. This is a surprisingly good sounding amp - and it runs on batteries! It is great for intimate/small music gigs and as a monitor. It is lightwieght, well built and meets all my current needs.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Roland KC-110 Amp" submitted July 27, 2014

By Fred W in Laurel, DE
Musical Background: professional
Music Style: variety
Overall: All I can say is "IT'S GREAT!!" I use it as my keyboard monitor on stage with fantastic results. Also did an outdoor wedding gig (using my Roland VR-09) playing with a guitarist; the great thing was that I didn't have to run an extension cord for power. It answers a lot of problems.

"Roland KC-110 Keyboard AMP - a Great Product" submitted July 30, 2014

By Dave B
Musical Background: Play keyboards professionally - lots of experience
Music Style: Jazz/pop
Overall: Nice compact keyboard (and vocal) Amp for a single keyboard or duo. Would also work as a nice monitor. Works nice in a small room (restaurant/club etc.) If you do a bass/split with a keyboard, the low end can tend to 'break up' a bit, however that is understandable since this is only a 30 watt AMP. Otherwise very clear piano/keyboard and vocals. Shipping from zZounds was very quick - quite happy with purchasing thru them.

"Light weight and versatile!" submitted May 18, 2011

Musical Background: Semi-active musician
Music Style: Rock - pop
Sound: I use with Nord Electro 2 AND acoustic guitar. For Nord, sound is clear and balanced up to about level 7 both master and channel but some distortion above these levels with sounds that have a strong transient attack like the Rhodes or acoustic piano sounds. Acoustic guitar sounds great! This is not an overpowering amp...don't expect it to cut through a large ensemble on its own. Feature: Wish Roland would seperate Reverb and chorus into seperate knobs...maybe reduce the high-low EQ knobs to one? Best feauture is its light weight!! Much easier on the back than carrying two KC-300's to rehearsal... Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: Built tough like most Roland products. Value: Worth it for me...will save on Dr. bills for back pain. Manufacturer Support: No need for support yet. The Wow Factor: It's an amp...it's job is to be boring. Overall: Probably an amp for life but if they could double the power without increasing the weight...

"Tiny Little Stereo Amp" submitted August 15, 2011

By a customer from yahoo.cmo
Overall
Musical Background: intermediate level keyboard player
Music Style: varies. Do alot of spontaneous worship. International House of Prayer www.ihop.org as influence as well as Burn 24-7 www.burn24-
Sound: For 30 watts it's pretty good. (15x2). It will distort if you crank it up too loud in order to be heard in loud band settings. Of course, I realize it's not meant for super loud practice venues anyways. I think for what it IS meant for...it sounds great. If you mount it on a pole and have it distanced and positioned correctly from you, you might be able to stretch it's intended use a little bit. I can't help but put in a quick plug for an item I wish to aquire. If you're in a band that might get a little loud sometimes, I would recommend the QSC K series also found at zzounds: http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?q=qsc+k&submit=&form=search I have heard the QSC K series and have been pretty impressed. There is some push regarding the QSC K series being recognized as a replacement for a keyboard amp, and perhaps rightly so: http://www.qscaudio.com/keys/ I wish to mention this simply to offer any readers another option...but the only downside is it will cost more money...especially if you are going for a pair or QSCs. Back to the Roland KC-10. I won't give it a bad rap...it does sound great for what one would expect out of a 30 watt stereo amp....maybe even better than what one might expect. In fact, it sounds better than an 80 or 100 watt keyboard amp I used to own (the Motion Sound KT-80.) But I would recommend it more for personal, solo or intimate settings where things don't get too loud. And since I do play in some softer volumed settings like that, I intend to keep it for those times. I play in some settings where it's either me playing solo, or more of an intimate setting with just a few instruments that aren't rocking extremely loud. So...yes, the sound is good if you're doing a small venue where you don't need to push a lot of watts. I wonder if Roland could have came up with a similar amp, same size, and squeezed in a little more power to make it more versatile for other types of gigs? I DO have the Roland KC-880...and of course the little KC-110 isn't going to match the sound of that. But what it does have over the KC-880 is portablilty, but so do the QSC products. Feature: 4 channels if you count the aux channel. I think it's basically adverized as a 3 channel. The first channel is meant for microphone....or line. I always go to channel 2 for my line inputs though. The input level (what I call it) for the aux is controlled by a tiny knob in the back. I like that it has the option for a 1/8" stereo input. Effects control ok if you're into onboard effects on an amp. It is kinda similar to my Roland KC-880....but a little leaner with some things. Battery pack? I don't think I will use that...but you never know. Once you go with battery power you only have a 20 watt amp at that point...I think that is the correct wattage. Ease of Use: It's easy to use. The fact that you can mount it on a speaker pole gives the Ease of Use category a little push in the positive direction. At least that's how I look at it. Quality: For a 30 Watt amp the quality is great. Like I said before, if I could, I'd like to push Roland to manufacture an amp as tiny as this (or relatively similar in size) and squeeze in some more watts so that I could push some more power out...perhaps with no battery pack option since the 30 watt limitation was probably due to the whole "this can run on batteries" scenerio. I somewhat realize that it only being a 30 watt amp (and that's what it was advertized as) doesn't really touch on the quality issue, OR DOES IT? I realize I am rating and reviewing the quality of a 30 watt amp. So to give it a ding when it is not a 30 watt amp might be seen as a little ridiculous...but I guess I'm only giving it a slight ding...and I do think Roland is capable of such a feat. At least 50 watts (25x2)...hopefully even a little more than that. Value: I did pay for a particular value which I may never use - the battery pack. In all fairness, I realized this when I purchased it, yet I wonder how many people who purchase this never use the batter powered option? (Especially once they realize using it in such fasion reduces the little amps power even more, down to 20 watts total. Is its ability to run on batterys really it's main selling point? I'm kinda afraid that that does seem to be the main focus...which to me kinda puts limits on what else it could have been. That many people really buy into the battery feature being the greatest thing about it? I just wish Roland would have put the added value somewhere else. Anyone who reads this revue in its entiretly knows where I wish they would have invested the extra value -- a pattoned method to cram in more watts. All those things put aside, it is a great little portible amp. Would this category be the place to mention that I can set it on the floor in the car? It does have a value plus aspect directly correlating to its portability. A real plus for that. This amp is really my reaction to the Roland KC-880 being so big. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support. The Wow Factor: It looks nice, but no, I won't even bother with rating it for sex appeal. Overall: The QSC K series is one of my next purchases. I think I will still keep the Roland KC-110 since it does have its place. In some cases, it will be even easier to haul around than other portable setups...when a reasonable amount of power isn't so much an issue with whcih to be concerned. I already described what type of venue I thought it best fit in...so I won't get into that again. Read the whole review if you need to. Let's just say don't plan on cranking it up super loud if you're already in a band where you are realizing you should be wearing earplugs during practice sessions. I feel sorry for what I'd "expect" it to do. Well, I guess I don't really expect it to do what a QSC K series powered speaker could do. For what it CAN DO, I remain impressed. Ironically, (though I was getting a bit positive there), this only leads me to what I think it COULD DO or BE...and I already gave my opinion on that before...so I'll spare the reader from any more of that.
12 of 17 people (70.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Roland KC-110" submitted October 10, 2012

By Steve Stack in Cleveland, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 35 years.. Guitarist for the band THOR..
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Front-Porch Jamming..
Overall: Great all around amp. I use it for acoustic guitar placing and my son uses it as a portable amp for his keyboard. Great sound and the batteries last quite long..

"smart buy." submitted August 16, 2010

Music Style: rock/blues
Sound: hi...frnds i played....my GT 10 fx, sansamp psa.,audio tracks from my copm....all sound better...i use this anp as flat monitor..its cool. Feature: abt feature...this is the main reason to buy this....cause u can connect all most anything...2stereo input..mic in.,ipod input,.cd input...so its grt.. Ease of Use: from day one u can hv fun with this amp...no need of mannual!!!! Quality: quality is good...only u hv to use , at not more then 70% of mater n channel volume. Value: bit expensive....but do many jobs...so its okey... Manufacturer Support: no required... The Wow Factor: yes i will buy one more also for more inputs. Overall: handy...serve many purpose..buy it.
14 of 23 people (60.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1616-GN85. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976