When you call, mention priority code 1618-3R3V

Rating and Reviews: Roland HD3 V-Drums Kit

For drummers of every playing style and genre, the Roland HD3 offers an affordable and versatile entry into the popular V-Drum series.

"Good Kit for Beginning Drummers" submitted October 11, 2012

By David M in Flint, TX
Musical Background: Church worship band, drums
Music Style: Christian contemporary, rock
Overall: Overall, this is a good kit for beginners. There are features that I'd like to have, such as multiple channel outputs, all cloth pads instead of just the snare, and a softer sound to the cymbals. I don't care much for options for the "brain" as I only use jazz and rock kits, so I'd be more pleased if Roland could remove some of the "play" settings and invest more in the actual instrument. Now, I realize the features I mention above appear in the higher end V-Drum kits, but the layman doesn't have $2-3k to sink into a kit, plus for me, portability is a major issue. I use this kit for weekend church worship service, and during the week, I use it for practice, so we have to move it quite a bit. For that, this is an optimal setup. I only wish that I could get the same form factor, with all of the above features. Even so, for someone who wants a great sounding kit for under $900, and for whom space and portability are primary concerns, this is a good place to start.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I use it as a practice kit. I am an acoustic drummer who plays Jazz, Country, and Rock" submitted October 14, 2012

By Bob P in Oxford, CT
Overall
Musical Background: I have played the drums since 1971.
Music Style: Jazz Rock Country Blues
Overall: I bought the HD3 V-Drums Lite for practice use. I wasn't expecting an e-kit that I would record or gig with. The kit fills my basic low noise practice needs because it has enough features to make it useful to me. The built in pedals are disappointing. They have poor action and they feel nothing like average quality bass drum and hi-hat pedals. I actually use that to my davantage.! I get a real good leg workout trying to get these pedals to play fast. I like the toms with the fabric finish. Much nicer than rubber. The snare is just OK. The mesh head feature makes it adequate. The same goes with the cymbals. Adequate. The stand and hardware are well made. Position adjustment is limited on the drums and cymbals though. You have to compromise a bit on the personal ergonomics. The brain has the bare essentials and it is simple to use. The volume output is a bit low. I use pro quality noise reduction headphones and I have to use an external headphone amp to increase the volume slightly. Overall I am pleased with the kit. It does exactly what I intended it to do.

"Im a fan of zzounds" submitted October 31, 2012

By Sand man Esophagus in Fresno, CA
Musical Background: 10 years of multi instrumentation
Music Style: New music
Overall: The product came on time and I ended having to exchange the product and they did so free. Roland hd3 drums are awesome slick and the next big thing to wake some one up like a box of your hot favorite cereal. The pads are soft but strong the snare is tough like a bear and combine with Roland v tdrum tutor software and the um one cable you got a great product.

"Roland HD-3 Drums" submitted August 26, 2012

By Bo G in Plano, TX
Overall
Overall: Great, ultra portable, very affordable kit, with a lot of features usually found only on higher end sets. zZounds shipping was fast and free, and they took care of an exchange for a replacement set (Bad control console) in record time with no hassle and no fees. As usual, I am extremely pleased with zZounds.

When you call, mention priority code 1618-3R3V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976