When you call, mention priority code 15TT-C446

Rating and Reviews: Roland G5 VG Stratocaster

Get the versatile power of Roland COSM technology built into a genuine Fender Stratocaster.

"Finally... my answer" submitted November 4, 2012

By Bill B in State College, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-professional, acoustic and electric guitars, keyboards and vocal
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, Blues, Contemporary Christian, Ambient
Overall: What an amazing guitar. All the sounds are great. Probably not for perfectionist purists, but amazing for EVERYONE else. One guitar to gigs now. The modeled guitars are wonderful. The modeled Strat sound is so close to the magnetic pickup sound, I could afford to replace the single coils with a favorite set I like, and have still another sound available. Body and neck are wonderful. If you're not an UltraPicky Persnickety Perfectionist, GET THIS GUITAR. (and the harmonics don't warble like the Line6 variax). AND a Whammy bar for modeled sounds. Did I mention it has an attention getting little blue light?
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Swiss Army Strat" submitted June 2, 2014

By James P in Pickerington, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur old school, started 4 decades ago.
Music Style: Christian, R&B, Classic Rock, and Jazz
Overall: This is a the perfect tool for cover bands. The various textures will get you through most anything. The operative words are "get you through". It's a basic Strat, good in every way, but a little tougher to play than my Jap Strat. However, the variety of sounds will win every time. I bought a Factory 2nd and new G5 simultaneously intending to return the lesser candidate. Surprisingly, the Factory 2nd had no flaws, made a nicer presentation, played better, and was $400 less. Perhaps, it was a demo used at vendor shows. The G5 is labeled "Made in Mexico" but I was told the components are re-badged American. I have no reason to suspect otherwise. The neck feels like a Standard Strat C-shape, maybe a little chunkier profile. Finnish looks great. The alder (I think) body had one glue seam that was barely visible, therefore not one-piece body. The magnetic pickups are nothing special, but I hardly use them anyway. The Roland pick-up has far more advantages with tuning features and a Strat model that is as good or better than the magnetics. I am fond of the Tele model for a pure Leo sound. Add 12-string tuning and get something reminiscent of Rickenbacker chime. A humbucker model rounds out the palette for mid-range dirt. Mind you, the sounds are close, but not perfect. Since it's a working tool, it's for the listener who usually can't discern the difference. Also, I bought a second battery pack from the Roland Factory. Found out the hard way a battery change is time consuming (middle of set). Yes, I should have started the gig with good batteries .. . The battery configuration is four AA's snapped into an assembly (battery pack) that then slides into the back of the body. A second battery pack with fresh batteries is always nearby for a quick change. To share my perspective, when G5 arrived 6 months ago I immediately started thinking in terms of swapping out pickups and neck for an ultimate guitar. Then changed my mind thinking it is great for what it is - a Swiss Army Knife. Maybe not a principle instrument, but a valued addition for band work. And in that spirit, it is a noble beast. The Roland electronics may be dated in 10 years, but longevity is for vintage instruments. In the meantime, G5 will get well used.

"Roland/Fender G5 VG Strat WOW" submitted December 4, 2013

By Mustang Mike in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Hobbyist for 40+ years. Have played drums and bass in bands
Music Style: Classic Rock and Blues
Overall: This guitar is great! I love all the sounds. No, tone junkies will complain about the digital sounds, but for most of us it rocks. I never wanted to buy a 12 string and now I have one. I bought a B Stock from ZZounds and am completely satisfied. I'm not sure the extra $$$$$$ for the American made one is worth it.

"Zzzounds was great...guitar wasn't so great..." submitted September 16, 2014

By Richard Booe in ocala, FL
Music Style: Rock country
Overall: Guitar arrived in 4 days...very fast...but the electronics were intermittent and cutting in and out. (Roland G5 system). Great action and setup on the Mexican Strat...just the pesky circuitry was less than desirable. ..zZounds didn't bat an eye and gave me an R A number immediately. ..paid for the return freight. .and we're very professional about it...I'll repeat my business with them for sure!

When you call, mention priority code 15TT-C446. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976