When you call, mention priority code 20B-GCQT

Rating and Reviews: Roland FA-06 Keyboard

Stocked with 2000 INTEGRA-7 sounds, real-time controls, on-board sampling and serious DAW integration, the FA is like a faster, more flexible Roland Fantom.

"Between a Fantom and a Jupiter" submitted November 26, 2014

By Kurt G in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Professional gigging keyboardist in Las Vegas, NV.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Top 40 dance
Overall: I'm finding this keyboard to be easy to navigate and program my favorites in addition to having some awesome USABLE tones. Had a Fantom X6 and a Jupiter50 recently. This FA-06 rocks! A true value for your money. I do wish it weighed more as I find myself chasing it on my stands. Roland kind of went the way of "pseudo toy" on the housing but the buttons seem solid and the sound engine simply rules. I'm very happy and it's a lot of bang for the buck if you play Blues, Rock, or Top 40. The Horns, Strings, and VOX patches are exquisite! Piano tones are acceptable but Korg Kronos/Krome will kick its ass every time. Electric pianos are very good though.Try this board. With the zZounds satisfaction guarantee, you can always return it but I fell in love with it within an hour. ;-) Also, want to say that I've been using zZounds.com EXCLUSIVELY for the past year because of their stellar service and especially their liberal requirements for interest free financing. I recently had a problem with an unrelated piece of equipment and without disclosing the particulars, I was given some special dispensation by customer service and I could not possibly be happier! I steer everybody towards zZounds and can only hope that this level of service continues. Folks, the more we buy and use zZounds, the bigger and better they will become!One more thing........since I live in Las Vegas, I usually get my shipment in two days if it's in stock in their Reno, NV. warehouse. Give 'em a shot!

"Description doesn't do it justice" submitted January 11, 2015

By George Valin in Euless, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years of..
Music Style: What ever comes
Overall: Had the fa06 for a few days now , bought a blemished model but, ok 300 off for a small scratch works for me. Took a while to find it. Anyway it was a toss up between this and an moxf6. The first hour of going thru the canned sounds I figured I made the wrong choice as the mo sounded better BUT when you start building up studio sets (up to 16 layers) the worth becomes very apparent . Not enough attention is paid to this feature in the advertisement of this workstation .

"Very good keyboard for a good price!" submitted June 16, 2015

By Jose Gutierrez Jr in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I been playing for 8 years, I play piano, electric bass, guitar, drums, and saxophone. I play at my church, special events.
Music Style: I guess you could say a little from everything, but mostly Christian music.
Overall: This keyboard is perfect for playing live or at my studio. Easy to use, easy to create my own patches or custom sounds. Would definitely recommend buying this keyboard. The price was the best part, way too cheap for what it's worth!

"Best. Keyboard I've purchased yet" submitted August 19, 2015

By Gregory Cuington in Dallas, TX
Musical Background: I'm a bass player and keyboardist. I jam everywhere
Music Style: All music
Overall: This keyboard is just what I've been looking for .It has all of the bass synth's I've dreamed of. I will recommend this to any keyboardist its overall function is awesome

"Excellent!!" submitted November 15, 2016

By William R in Parkesburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years. Guitar, saxophones, keyboards, bass. Professional
Music Style: Rock, Christian, blues, country, smooth jazz
Overall: Everything that might be expected in a premium keyboard is in this unit. Quality sounds, sampling, and everything a working or recording musician needs is here. My only regret is that I didn't get the 88 key version. Though it sounds great this unit has small keys. Otherwise, excellent bang for the buck. Another winner from Roland. Did not have a need to contact the manufacturer for support or this review would have been perfect.

"The Unorthodox Roland" submitted February 28, 2016

By Christopher B in Plymouth , MI
Overall
Musical Background: 21 years of experience, and 16 years active in the Detroit House & Techno scene
Music Style: Detroit House & Techno, Ambient/Down-Tempo Hip-Hop
Overall: For starters, let me make clear that I've been a loyal Roland fan & consumer for 21 years, and have essentially had every great synth/workstation during that time frame. Secondly, I would also like to state that I'm always open to a new way of thinking, as well as learning a new product which may have an unorthodox workflow. So, I purchased the Roland FA-06 and was impressed with the updated sound library, build quality and the overall value, great buy and capability for $1200... However, the screen interface, as well as the physical button layout is completely backwards and entirely unorthodox from the rest of Roland's product line. Typically, if you've owned one Roland, then you never need to open another manual and the learning curve is essentially instantaneous, but that's not the case for the Roland FA-06. This workstation's workflow feels almost as if it's 'left-handed', I tried my hardest to overlook the petty obstacles and see the keyboard for it's strengths & library, but unfortunately this synthesizer isn't nearly as inviting as previous Rolands. It doesn't beg me to turn it on, in fact, I almost dread turning it on because it's so difficult to apply my creativity so freely and effectively as I can with my other Roland products. I just don't understand how Roland and its team could have let a product go so far into development testing and production without possibly being aware of the drastic change in workflow. My studio consist of 5 Roland and 2 Yamaha synthesizer/workstations, 3 korgs, 2 Elektrons and the entire Roland Aira product line.

"Amazing...need i say more?" submitted December 22, 2015

By James C in san antonio , TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 4yrs now. I play guitar, drums, bass, and keys.
Music Style: I like to play all types of music!
Overall: This has to be hands down one of the best pieces of equipment i have ever bought. I love to play all genres of music and this workstation has a stetting for just about everything I want to play! I couldn't be happier with it.

"dont buy this if you dont have patience. " submitted May 21, 2016

By a customer from gmail.com in echo park, CA
Overall
Overall: not a very intuitive machine. you really have to tame it before you can play it. you press one wrong button and your work goes totally awry. difficult to save. very delicate machine, and it can get very frustrating very fast. great sounds and great possibilities, but as far as saving your work and assigning it to pads or exporting songs, very very very frustrating. many of the tones sound the same as well. the manual needs to be more specific as well, or there needs to be more lessons on how to use this thing because there is alot of possibility. you have to have alot of patience if you are planning to use all the bells and whistles on this machine.

"very satisfied" submitted October 7, 2014

By Hamzah S in Denver, CO
Musical Background: producer, engineer
Music Style: Hip hop, r&b, pop
Overall: I've been using an axiom MIDI controller for the past few years and decided to upgrade back to a workstation. I started out with a Roland xp-60 years ago and always trusted the Roland brand to give me what I want. I did some very thorough research before my purchase and it was between the Korg Chrome or FA-06. Choosing the FA-06 was based on it's ease and array of options. Works very well in my DAWs also. No complaints here.

"recommended" submitted October 15, 2014

By Hamzah S in Denver, CO
Musical Background: producer for 13 years
Music Style: Hip hop, r&b, pop
Overall: I purchased this keyboard after extensive research and comparisons. After considering the Korg Krome, I decided on this because of the library of sounds, of which the expanded packages and Integra sounds are free, and the trust I have in the Roland name as I have used an Xp-60 in the past. The functionality is great and very easy to use. I am producer of mostly hip hop and r&b, some pop too. And this does just what i need it to do as it is also a replacement for my midi controller. I also feel it is priced just right and will be making alot of music with this machine for a long time.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-GCQT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976