When you call, mention priority code 1600-2QT7

Rating and Reviews: Roland CY-15R V-Cymbal

Upgrade your electronic kit with the ultra-realistic Roland CY15R virtual ride cymbal pad, which features triple sensing for use as a ride or a crash cymbal.

"Simply the Best!!!" submitted May 4, 2011

Musical Background: Drummer
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Grunge, Classic Rock
Sound: Depends on if you use a nylon tip stick or wood tip. I typically use the Pro-Mark Neil Peart series sticks which I highly recommend and there is a very light tapping sound when struck. Seems to be just a tad bit louder when I use nylon tip sticks. Feature: Comes with rotation stopper, wing nut, and felt washer. Also comes with two dual trigger cables, rubber clip and rubber cable tie which secure the cable to the mount and come in handy. And also a manual Ease of Use: This is the best electronic ride cymbal available. The sensitivity and responsiveness is very realistic. Of course you control it from your module but still it triggers every hit with ease, even cymbal rolls. I use Addictive Drums and only use one of the inputs but I can still trigger two sounds. Ride bell on the bow trigger and a crash cymbal on the edge. And with this setup it works absolutely flawlessly Quality: Its Roland, I mean seriously that's why its so expensive because its top quality. Its a heavy cymbal which gives it its acoustic cymbal swinging motion when hit. It seems that it will last me forever and I pray it will. I'm glad I didn't consider any other ride cymbal for my setup than this one. Value: In my opinion, this cymbal is totally worth it. It's a ride cymbal which is one of the most use pieces on a drum kit. I upgraded my snare to the PD-125, and its one of the best purchases ive ever made. And the CY-15 is no exception. Simply the best Manufacturer Support: Roland support is ok, I guess. I never had a issue with this cymbal but the CY-5 hi hat that came with my set started messing up and missing hits. And it was only 4 months old when this happened so I called them and they said that it only has a 90 day free labor warranty and anything after that you have to pay to have it fixed and shipped too. That's stupid in my opinion, because you pay all that money to get a new drum kit from them and they cant give you atleast a 6 month free labor warranty. Go figure The Wow Factor: Its big like a ride cymbal should be. Gives you a large striking area. When you add this to your drum kit you will not be disappointed. It makes it look more realistic Overall: Overall like I said it's the best you can buy so don't hesitate and get it now. I think this is cymbal is more for the passionate drummer, meaning if you don't really care about improving your skills or have that "passion" for playing drums then why get the best. Put it on the 4 payments plan if the price is a issue and play while you pay. Its that simple, you won't regret it

"Seems spendy until you consider the quality." submitted August 1, 2011

Musical Background: Drummer
Music Style: Rock, industrial
Sound: The sound of this productis a dull "thunk". Well until you plug it into a drum module (TD-9 ver.2) in my case. The it "sounds" great, or rather it works great. In fact it works far better than the the CYR12 that came with the set. Feature: It comes with two 1/4" TRS(stereo) cables to plug it into the module Roland anti spin washer thingy, felt and wing nut. The build quality see stone the same as the other upper end Roland pads. Some say they are over priced but as reliable as my other cymbals in this range are I think the price is just fine. Ease of Use: Plug it in, set the module for the CYR-15 and go. Quality: Seems like I'll be able to beat the crap out of it like the others I have. Value: As I mentioned before, worth the price. Do I wish it was less expensive? Sure, don't we all. At least it's not made in China at this price (made in Japan). Manufacturer Support: No problems as of yet but always answered my product questions in a very timely manner. The Wow Factor: It really is a he'll if a lot nicer to play on as a ride than the smaller sizes. Overall: I figure it will last quite well, my other Roland cymbals in this range are 2 years old and have never had a problem.

"Roland V Drums/Cymbals/TD-20 World Class" submitted January 7, 2008

By a customer from TrespassMusic.como
Musical Background: 40 years playing drums/percussion
Music Style: Progressive Rock
Sound: The Roland V Drums and CY class of cymbals are excellent. The CY15R Ride Cymbal is very responsive to both light sensitive stick work or hard driving playing. The Edge, Bow and Bell areas feel very real to me and the sounds?? Well you have dozens of sounds choices via a TD-20 Module. You can custom select various cymbal sounds seperatley for both Bell/Bow or Edge Bow, for example you could have a China sound on the edge and a Ride sound for the bow/bell areas. Very flexible soundscapes.. Feature: See above, natural feel and variety of sound choices Ease of Use: Plug and Play Quality: Roland Quality = Excellent Value: You get what you pay for.. Manufacturer Support: I own a dual TD-20 Vdrums kit with 20 drums/cymbals/pads, an SPD-S Sampling pad, 2 Fantom X7 keyboards, all used in studio and for live shows, very satisfied with Roland at home and at play.. The Wow Factor: Well it's not a 22" Brass cymbal which is a thing of beauty, but hey, it can sound like one, or 50 other cymbals for that matter.. Overall: So far this is the best I have found..
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"One Satisfied Customer!" submitted January 12, 2014

By Jeff Seifert in Barrow, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Drums for 45 years, guitar for 30 years, both professionally
Music Style: Rock , Country, Christian
Overall: I've been ordering from Zzounds for several years now, and they've never let me down. My latest purchase was a cymbal and stand for my Roland electric drum set. I've needed a ride cymbal to round out my set, but have held off due to the cost. Zzounds made it doable with their "pay as you play" offer. The other thing I appreciate very much is the incredibly fast delivery. My gear arrived quickly, and I'm enjoying my set more than ever. Thank you!

When you call, mention priority code 1600-2QT7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976