When you call, mention priority code 155L-3ZB8

Rating and Reviews: Roland AX-09 Lucina Synth

The keytar is back! This 37-key synth is loaded with 150 incredible sounds, and weighs about 8 pounds. Plug in a USB thumb drive to jam along with your MP3s.

"The ultimate battery-operated portable synth!" submitted April 27, 2012

By chuck g in van nuys, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since age 5. Play a lot but its not my profession.
Music Style: New Age, ambient, easy listening, rock, blues, etc.
Overall: Just wanted a battery-operated rig that I can take to small parties, gatherings & get-togethers. This more than fits the bill! This, along with the Roland KC-110 keyboard amp and Boss RC-30 looper (all battery powered) give me amazing power at my fingertips!!! As for the Lucina AX-09, it has everything I need in terms of sounds/patches! Some sounds are better than others and downright impressive, while others are just so-so. Piano (my forte') is just so-so on this... but for my type of use its acceptable. I actually plug in a damper pedal for use with piano! And while this is an awesome rig for what I just described, the AX-09 doubles as a controller for my soft-synth's... I put it on my desk at work when there's a break, and via MIDI, fire up the DAW and record my musical ideas right away! The keybed action seems better than my old Roland AX-1 but I'm still waiting for the day they come up with hammer-action on Keytar / Shoulder synth! I originally had my eye on the AX-Synth (the bigger brother version of this), but after playing for an hour or more, you start to feel the weight around your neck... sure glad it wasn't the AX-Synth around my neck for an hour as it weighs a lot more than the Lucina AX-09! For a portable Keytar / shoulder synth, the 3 octaves worth of keys does the job! Having the +/- to shift up/down an octave on the fly works well as its in a location that's easy/natural to get to. The handle area that you hold with your non-playing hand has controls near it that the handle makes a bit difficult to get to... but you get used to it. If you have big hands however, it may be a problem. Overall, I'm very happy with the Lucina AX-09. I can't rate support as I never had to deal with Roland support... so its really not fair that its a "required" rating for this review.

"High quality design, great selection of sounds, inspiring!" submitted February 23, 2013

By Stephen R in Lake Worth, FL
Musical Background: Played professionally for 20+ years
Music Style: Jazz, classical, progressive rock
Overall: I seldom post reviews as my schedule is very busy, but after spending a day with the Lucina, I feel I owe Roland my gratitude for creating such a great instrument! Right out of the box I knew this was something special; the black sparkle, multi-coat paint job was a surprise, this thing has a deep sparkle and gloss, good enough to keep it stock for live performances. The controls were designed logically and are easy to get to when the Lucina is strapped, the LEDs always show you your settings. The pitch bend and modulation bar feel sturdy, the construction of the unit is far superior to many of my other, more expensive synths. Where the Lucina shines is with the patches/sounds, I was blown away at the great quality, awesome selection, of bread and butter keyboard and synth sounds, so much that I will be using many of its sounds in upcoming studio work. A huge selection of very useable lead synth and lead guitar are included, you will never need an additional sound module with the Lucina! In summary I was pleasantly surprised with this buy, very high quality build, gorgeous multi-layer sparkle paint finish, and a very generous selection of high quality sounds, you can't go wrong here, don't even consider the other keytar in this price range, this is the better buy!

"Get your money's worth from this" submitted February 1, 2011

Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: Gospel, inspirational
Sound: I purchased the Licina just to try it out. The Lucina is advertised as a "starter" keyboard. Do not be mislead! This board has professional sounds that can be used live or in the studio as a MIDI sound source. The sounds in the Lucina are better than the Roland Juno Di in certain patches (pianos, organs). I like the feel of the keys as well. Not as good as the keys on the AX MIDI controller but pretty good nevertheless. The keyboard is light and has a plastic chassis yet it seems sturdy enough for live gigging. Make sure to obtain a case, especially if you travel. Feature: The keyboard comes with a Roland guitar type strap with a pouch attached. I assume batteries, cell phones or groupies' phone numbers can go there. LOL. you can save your presets into a favorites mode like the Juno Di as well. Ease of Use: The interface is easy and the sounds are great! This may be the AX Synth's little brother but this is a great keyboard.The manual is easy and straightforward. Very accommodating interface. Quality: The quality is great. Well put together and sturdy. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with customer service at Roland.

"Roland AX09 Lucina Synthesizer Keyboard" submitted March 18, 2012

By Ronald G in Huntersville, NC
Musical Background: I play Trumpet, Alto Sax and some keyboard
Music Style: Christian Gospel
Overall: In my anticipation waiting to receive this keyboard I was overwhelm or should I say stun by the luster and glitter 0of the black metallic on the AX09 Lucina keyboard. when I actually pulled it out of the packaging it was fantastic and then I strapped it on the sharp and crisp sound it maded was awesome, the variation of the different instruments it produced on this keyboard is great. The feel and size is excellent in my hands. As I continue to get more and more fimilar with it the freedom its gives me while playing this instrument is great. I think I made the best decision when I purchased my synthesizer, all I can say is Wow, thanks zZounds for affording me the luxury in purchasing this keyboard...

"Lucina AX-09 is aweomse..." submitted October 2, 2012

By mitch w in bayside, NY
Overall
Overall: a great litle keytar....lots of great onboard sounds...easy to play....nice and light... Very glad I got it...and very happy with the service I received from zZounds.

When you call, mention priority code 155L-3ZB8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976