When you call, mention priority code 157D-2TZ3

Rating and Reviews: Roland AC-60 Amp

The Roland AC-60 features 60 watts of power in a 2-speaker configuration. With Roland's famous clean tones, the AC-60 is a natural choice for performers.

"Incredible sound, easy to use!" submitted April 26, 2008

Overall
Music Style: jazz, rock, classic rock, funk, old school soul and R&B
Sound: Don't let the size of this amp fool you. It was very loud for 60watts and "crystal" is all I can say about the sound. I ran a piezo classic guitar transducer thru the instrument channel and a 58 for vocals and was knocked out! This baby has a feedback setting that I put on AUTO and it controlled the gut string feedback great. I played outdoors and the sound was clear out to to 100 ft. plus! Everyone heard my playing and the compliments were many. No acoustic amp I know of sounds this good or is as easy to set up. I was fortunate enough to have a local music store owner loan me this amp for an outdoor wedding gig at the last minute, and it alone covered all my sound needs. They are worth the $500 bills! Feature: It had all the features I needed. I am not a techno wonk, but this unit is very user friendly. Two channels-one for your instrument and one for your voice, solid chorus (Roland is King!) for your instrument, feedback controller really came in handy! Ease of Use: Very easy to get a great sound out of!! I played the outdoor gig with no prior usage, no manual and got raves baby! Quality: The best I have seen yet for an acoustic amp. Nothing but Quality! You can't go wrong with Roland! Value: These are not cheap, but well worth the money for the quality of product, sound and easy of use. Manufacturer Support: Did not need support. This baby is plug and play! The Wow Factor: This baby proves that quality trumps size once and for all! At least for acoustic amps! Overall: The AC-60 is by far the best acoustic amp I have ever used. I have 30 years in playing guitar and bass and was floored by the sound quality. I do vocal jazz, mostly standards with my guitar and this amp will handle any solo situation.
40 of 42 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfection in a box~" submitted June 18, 2014

By Laura Collins in Arroyo Hondo, NM
Musical Background: Gigging musician - 35 years
Music Style: Folk, rock, country, Americana...
Sound: The clarity and amplification is excellent. I've used this as a PA for both guitar and vocals in small to small/medium venues and it performed well. Feature: Roland's reputation for chorus' precedes them. Having an onboard chorus, delay and reverb simplifies my life. My wish list though, would include being able to separate out the reverb and delay functions per channel, as can be done with the chorus. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward. Quality: The amp is well made, with the exception (as has been noted numerous times) of the lack of speaker protection. Grill, please. Value: Have we not all learned by now that when it comes to gear, we get what we pay for? Yes, it is pricey and yes it is worth it. Manufacturer Support: None needed to date. The Wow Factor: From a design standpoint, it doesn't float my boat. This is neither retro nor bleeding edge. Overall: I always had a comfort level with Roland's reputation and believe them to build a solid, quality product. As I don't have a music store locally to try out amps, I did some research and ordered this from Zzounds. I was not disappointed. One of my main considerations was weight. As a woman moving around equipment, portability is key. Getting this quality in this size of an amp surprised me. I'm able to use it for most of my solo gigs, and when I'm playing with my group, it functions well as a monitor.

"Little amp for little gigs. Works great." submitted January 24, 2005

Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: jazz
Sound: I play a Gitane D-500 (Django style guitar) and Guild Dreadnought through this Roland AC-60 for gigs at restaurants. I was tired of carrying a Blues Jr. and when a bandmate bought an AER amp ($900.) I started looking for an amp under 25 lbs. too. I played about 8 models and this one sounded the best to me for the price. Although it has two little 6 inch speakers, the sound is great for a medium room. At low volumes a small speaker array can deliver a full spectrum of sound, especially the mids that most acoustic guitars put out. If you want to play big rooms or play with a drummer, this amp is too small, but for folk, acoustic jazz, etc, it's great. It also sound terrific with my electric cello and mandolin. Feature: This amp has 4 great features: The reverb is exceptional. The chorus is superb, because it's stereo and its that Roland JC-120 sound that all the jazz guys love. The feedback control is essential - DON'T BUY AN AMP THAT DOESN"T HAVE A NOTCH OR FEEDBACK CONTROL FEATURE! If you play an acoust/electric, you're gonna be fighting feedback. This feature works well on this amp. (You could get an outboard antifeedback module, but it's extra stuff to schlepp.) Lastly, the carrying case is great. It's comfortable and it has room for my book, my volume pedal, and some cords. Quality: The build on this product is good, but I wish it had a metal grill instead of fabric. You never know when things may take a tumble. The Wow Factor: The design is plain, so the sex appeal was not an issue. But the edges are radiused and it looks modern. Overall: If I don't fry the speakers, this product should take care of my need for a small amp forever. The warranty is only 90 days Parts and Labor and 1 year parts. If you're hard on your equipment check out the Fender Acoustisonic amps with their 5 year warranties. I liked them second best for sound.

"Buy It, Use It, Enjoy It!!!" submitted May 25, 2006

By a customer from digicom256.com
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Indie
Sound: Very Clear and Crip, as always Roland chorus is the best, accurately translates the instrument being used, be it mic'd or direct. Feature: This little guy has all the features needed play solo or with a group, I use this in an acoustic duet that sometime grows to 6 to 8 people has never let me down. If you need more features buy a stomp box! Ease of Use: Plug and Play Quality: Perfect on delivery, Perfect in Practice, Perfect on the Stage. All amps should have a case like the AC-60! Value: If size was the only factor, this unit should cost about $50, however, all the things and quality make this amp worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed outside support. The Wow Factor: I am a past Roland Amp owner and user JC-77 and I wish I still had it. That being said, I wanted the AC-60 and after test driving all the similar units in this category I bought it. Overall: The guiding factor in purchasing this amp was the size, after using it for 6 months in all environments and playing conditions, it has impressed all the others that have used it and I couldn't be happier.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A Mini Marvel - One Man PA in a bag" submitted November 30, 2009

By a customer from ymail.com
Musical Background: Singer - Guitarist
Music Style: Various
Sound: This amp by Roland simply has a sound that far excedes its' small size. Anyone thinking of using an amp for a small acoustic venue should give this baby some serious consideration. I use it to play small venues and it has coped very well in venues of between 30-90 people and that's with the volume set half way. Simply run an acoustic and some vocals through this amp and get ready for a big suprise.........what a great sound! The chorus on this Roland is to die for. It just makes the guitar sound great. I plug my takamine and a TC helicon vox pedal through this and have never had a problem. I also plug my ipod with backing tracks. Shame there is not a seperate volume level for the cd/ipod on this...but once you've set your levels...boy does it cope..REALLY WELL with Vox, Guitar & Backing Tracks together. Need more volume............AC90 (bigger brother) might be better. Feature: The amp comes with a great padded gig bag with a couple of useful pockets for leads, mics, tuners etc., and a carry strap. This baby may be small but its weighty and solid. Only draw back is the material protecting the speakers and which is not going to help much if mic stand or foot get in its way.. come on Guys at Roland...surely a metal grill would have gone down a lot better? As I said before...wish there as a seperate volume for the ipod/cd. But I gues if this is controled by the master and everything else is levelled up via its individual volume (mic and guitar) you should be able to find a reasonable solution. Ease of Use: This is litterally "plug & play". Set your tones to your liking. Sort out your volumes and off you go. I keep the chorous on for my guitar all night long. It just sounds so good. Quality: I bought this used. But hey it's so solid it'll take a lot to cause it any serious damage. Just watch the cloth speaker cloth and all is just grand. There is a little tilt stand on the base of the unit and also a pole mount for a speaker stand. The pole mount doesn't fit tightly on my stands but I guess a small cloth draped on one end of the speaker stand will rectify any concerns. Value: With Fishman solo amp knocking at it's heels and (of corse) it's big brother looming over with its additional 3o watts of power...it might be worthing trying out the others mentioned. But belive me..power on this baby is beyond the expectations from such a small unit. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them for repairs. The Wow Factor: I'm not looking to sleep with it. But it's a great looking little amp and is more or less very well made and presented. I remember really wanting this when I read the other user reviews and am glad I bought it. It is so portable and is very much a mini pa for one. If you play and sing solo for small venues, restaraunts (etc) give this some serious consideration. Overall: Like I said before...it might be that you will be better off with it's bigger brother AC90 or willing to consider the Fishman Solo (twice the price though) if your looking to play bigger and louder. But for my needs right now.......this is perfect. Love its size, love its sound, love its ease of use and potability. Any negatives are negligable by comparison to its positives. If anything happened to it (god forbid) I would consider going for the AC90 because it's from the same people..just a little bigger and louder...othrwise all else is litterally the same. Am I appy with my AC60............Well, I can't complain when it's been so good to me.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Roland comes through again..." submitted April 15, 2009

Musical Background: Long time guitarist
Music Style: Acoustic folk, rock
Sound: Sound is as natural as an amp gets. Flawless reproduction of my Tom Doerr custom. Responsiveness is immediate and zero hiss when not playing. I have no complaints on sound whatsoever and Roland once again comes through. Feature: Simple, which is exactly what I was looking for. I own a Line 6 M13 so I don't need a bunch of effects. Chorus provides some depth and delay is lacking. Overall controls are well situated with all the necessary inputs and aux one would need for pedals, effects returns etc. Ease of Use: EQ flat, plug in and play. My guitar comes through perfect. Quality: It's Roland. Enough said. Value: Roland is a little on the expensive side but worth it in the end. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Roland support. But then again, never need to. I've owned several Roland products including VG-88, various Boss effects. The Wow Factor: I wanted it, now I own it. Overall: I never tire of Roland products. They are the best in the biz.

"Big sound, little box!" submitted November 10, 2011

Musical Background: Pro musician since 1978
Music Style: Rock, folk, country, alternative
Sound: After the second gig, this has proven to be one of if not the best small to medium room sound reinforcement I've ever used, never mind owned. It sounded great being used as a monitor in my home practice room, in a small lounge and medium lounge and restaurant that I played tonight. In fact, a younger guy claiming to be a musician came over asking about the AC-60. He said he was sitting in the far end of the restaurant, and it sounded like I was playing right next to them. Feature: I love the durable case and sturdy plastic hardware, it slings over my shoulder and it is way lighter and more manageable than the Mackie Thump cabinet and mixer I used to lug to the same venues as I played with the AC-60 tonight. I also practiced running an iPod through the RCA inputs on the back, and it was like studio playback - full, rich sound, lush effects. I share many other reviewers,however, expressing frustration that the Aux RCA inputs to the amp do not "pass through" to the stereo low or mono line outputs - what's up with that Roland?? Ease of Use: Pop it on a stand, plug in, set the dials, punch in effects and you're off! There aren't so many variable dials, buttons or effects that you can't fully test drive the AC-60 in less than 15 minutes. There is an apparent accessory conflict, however. When I have used my Zoom A2 acoustic pedal/preamp, however, I am getting a low volume high-pitched whine - not feedback, but definitely easy to hear standing next to it - very distracting. Quality: Only owned it two weeks - check me in 6 months! Value: Worth every dollar, although it was a gift. Overall: Probably would replace it with another AC-60 if stolen.

"Great sound, great price" submitted September 16, 2006

By a customer from valornet.com
Music Style: varies
Sound: I tired several other acoustic amps, some costing a whole lot more, but none of them had the clean sound of the Roland. I play a wide range of music form folk to rock to blues to country to gospel, and it works for all of them. For a small room, it is an excellent choice. And since you can run it through a pa system, it could also be used for a much larger room. One of the things that sold me on this amp above some of the others I tried was that it's microphone channel has crystal clear voice reproduction (hey, it's a roland) Feature: I'm probably being way too picky for an amp that costs less than 500$ and still does all the AC-60 does, but I wish that there was an overdrive on it. It would be nice if Roland would include a foot pedal Value: good deal Manufacturer Support: never had to find out The Wow Factor: I'd buy it all over again Overall: With the addition of an overdrive feature, the amp would be perfect (it's pretty close already) I'd also like to see a foot switch included

"Size matters - but that's not the most important thing" submitted August 22, 2005

Musical Background: I'm an active gigging musician
Music Style: Fingerstyle jazz
Sound: The sound of this amp is pretty good. Clean and clear. Almost too clear, in fact. I play a nylon string guitar and find it necessary to slightly increase the bass and significantly roll off the mid and high frequencies or else the sound is almost too harsh. Feature: The chorus is great. The reverb is only so-so. The delay is a simple preset and I can't find any use for it. When playing with this amp I find it necessary to incorporate an Alesis NanoVerb to get a really nice sound. The feedback-buster works pretty well. Quality: The general fit and finish seem good but the components (i.e. knobs and switches) seem a little chincy. The front cloth is an accident waiting to happen. Roland should be using a metal grill to protect the speakers. The carrying case is really nice. I do wish, though, that the electric cord was removable. Value: I think, overall, that this amp is a reasonable value. It's a small portable amp with good tone. I traded a Crate-125D acoustic amp and bought the Roland. At the time it seemed to make sense because I was tired of lugging a 47lb amp all over the place - particularly when I mostly use the amp for a monitor and send a line-out to the mixer. But for a solo gig, the reality is that I find the Roland AC-60 to be underpowered for anything bigger than a living room. Manufacturer Support: I'd assume a company of Roland's stature would have a good customer service department set up. The Wow Factor: Sorry - no sex appeal for me regarding this amp. It's functional and practical and does okay at getting the job done. Overall: This is not a long-term amp for me. I'm already looking around for something else. Right now I'd go back to my old Crate 125D and get a dolly to lug the thing around with.

"One hell of an amp." submitted December 13, 2004

Musical Background: amatuer musician
Music Style: worship, praise
Sound: The sound capabilities on this little amp blows you away. 60 watts of power and its 2X smaller than your conventional microwave. Feature: This amp has some amazing features such as chorus, reverb. Matter in fact the amp sounds pretty damn good with out all the chorus. It even makes an ovation appluase sound good. Quality: This amp is one of a kind. It has even features that ull have to buy seperately with ohter amps. Value: Even though its 500$ i think its worth it.I mean how many amps can produce such a sweet sound especially of that size. The sound just blows any acoustic players AWAY!!! The Wow Factor: I want this amp so bad. I dont care how it looks. This amp sounds nice, looks nice, feels nice, hell everything about that the amp is nice. I;m gonna save up some money to get my own. Overall: Only 5 words could describe this amp. One Hell Of An Amp

Roland AC-60 Amp Customer Review submitted February 10, 2005

Overall
Sound: Clear and responsive Feature: Not a lot of clutter. It does what it was designed to do without cluttering up with too many fancy gadgets. Quality: Full sound for a nominal cost Value: Excellent choice Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. I guess that speaks for itself

"This amp is the best for miking a classical guitar!" submitted March 23, 2006

Musical Background: Lawyer and on-the-side musician
Music Style: For paid gigs, usually classical
Sound: I use the amp to mic my classical guitar for performance. I do not like onboard mics. This was THE best amp for this purpose, after trying all sorts of acoustic amps. The beautiful Roland reverb makes me sound like a CD recording. The mute for tuning and the monitor stand capability add to the pluses.

"Roland AC 60" submitted January 19, 2014

By Phil Jardine in Mustang, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 52 years. Guitar and bass. Have played professionally but now mostly at home. Perform instrumentals
Music Style: Easy listening instrumentals. Usually very melodic
Overall: It;'s a great amp. Have owned for 8 years. Just recently it generates high frequency spikes that are noticeable. While recording it became very apparent during playback and review of the recorded material. I have a question pending with Roland and expect an answer soon. It may only be a problem with mine and not universal. Again a great amp with a nice sound, especially with a 12 string!

"Great for violin!" submitted March 30, 2008

Musical Background: Professional Violinist
Sound: I use this amp for violin with a pickup. Best sound in this price range! Feature: Love the delay, chorus, and reverb options. The mic line in and dual channel is very useful. Ease of Use: Plug and play. easy... lightweight. Quality: Seems well made. Hasn't broken yet. Value: Worth the $. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: Not ugly. easy to carry though. Overall: Wish it had a little more power. It has two 30 watt speakers as opposed to 1 60 watt.

"Good Things Do Come In Small Packages." submitted October 17, 2005

Music Style: Classical guitar, jazz
Sound: This is my setup: classical guitar, Shure SM57 mic. Roland lives up to its claims. This little amp delivers clear, natural sound well-suited for acoustic guitar. Feature: Has enough features for the acoustic player so that extra gear is not essential. For the first few days I played around with different settings (chorus, reverb, etc.), but finally settled on chorus off and reverb set a less than halfway to full effect. For my repertoire and playing style this setup is more than sufficient. But it is very nice to half a few effects when the mood strikes you. Also has a lot of connections for extra stuff so you can very easily expand the functionalities according to your needs. There are enough options that will please a wide range of artists. And the 21 lb weight and small footprint is ideal for lugging around w/out causing back problems. Quality: Solid construction as far as I can tell. Fit and finish outstanding. The knobs and switches look like they can take a fair amount of abuse, and the supplied carry case is sufficient the protect the amp for all but the most serious beatings. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it yet so I'll rate as 8. The Wow Factor: When I purchase a product, looks are secondary. Function and features are primary. However, the understated look suits me just fine. Who wants to draw attention from the music by having gear that's got a lot of 'sex appeal.' This consideration is pointless.

"For compact fullsound, simple to use and ease of mobility, I can't find a better buy." submitted March 13, 2004

Music Style: Fingerstyle
Sound: I tried this amp at a local store. I plugged several guitars in and found that this amp provides the fullness I was missing from my current amp. I currently play an Ovation Collector Series and I really like power this amp carries for such a compact size it really compliments my fingerstyle of play. If you enjoy the richness of an acoustic guitar prepare to be amazed by this little marvel. Feature: With an alternating base style of play you can enhance it with a slight adjustment. Keep it simple Quality: Solid and reliable I like the soft cover carrying case. Overall: That depends upon the rate of technology. Sound technology changes are being made as we speak. I hope new and better stuff keeps coming. Lend an ear and hear........

Roland AC-60 Amp Customer Review submitted July 21, 2006

Sound: I just tried this thing out in a store and I'm going to buy it because I need something for small restaurants/bars that don't have PA systems in them, and because it sounds REALLY sweet, and clear, even with guitar and vocals together. I just want to remind people what I've always heard from a sound tech friend of mine. This amp is only 30 watts. Yeah, they SAY 60 because there are 2 30 watt speakers, but 2 speakers at 30 watts is still only 30 watts. You can line up fifty 100watt Marshal amps, play a chord and get a REALLY full sound, but it's still only 100 watts. If you want to double the volume you need to quadruple the power. If that doesn't convince you, just lift a real 60 watt amp. It's heavy. Do believe all the reviews that says this amp can cut a medium room, but keep in mind that "medium", "cut", and "volume" are all subjective. Anyway, it's a great amp for small places, and like I said I'm going to buy it--my order's on the way!!

"Don't buy a new acoustic guitar- but THIS amp." submitted August 8, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: hobby, church
Music Style: Rock, country, worship, blues
Sound: Tried out the Fender Acoustasonic Jr. (more whistles, bells- less tone), and the Marshall ASR50 (very nice, just not AS nice for sound). The Roland was clearly the best sound. The Fishman Loudbox was the equal to the Roland, but pricier. Really excellent sound for a small amp. Reverb and chorus are both usable. Feedback control works, too. This amp really is musical. Feature: Neat carrying case. The 48v phantom power was really nice, as was the ability to use two channels for intrument and mic. As stated above, chorus and reverb are nice. Lots of inputs, outputs. Ease of Use: No-brainer to use. Quality: Seems very sound. Wish there was more protection over the speakers. Value: Had everything I wanted at (just) below $500. Manufacturer Support: Unknown. The Wow Factor: Makes an ordinary guitar sound extraordinary. Don't buy a new acoustic guitar- but THIS amp. Overall: Would immediately buy another one if lost or stolen. Am interested in the cool powered subwoofer option, too.

When you call, mention priority code 157D-2TZ3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976