When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-9JL1

Rating and Reviews: Rode PSA1 Mic Stand

Mount your mic directly to a studio desk with this Rode swivel mount studio arm mic stand. It's perfect for broadcast booths, radio stations and more.

"Thumbs up and arms up!" submitted September 3, 2009

By a customer from 3buckaudio.com
Musical Background: Composer
Music Style: Orchestral for video
Sound: N/A Feature: The mic mount is 3/8 inch but the mic that it is designed for has a mount that is the standard larger size. (I have had the mic for a few years so I can't say for sure if an adapter came with the mic - but it isn't in the original box - so I'd have to guess that one was not included.) Ease of Use: Works exactly as I had hoped. Quality: More lightweight than similar products. But hopefully it will still last for years to come. Value: It's the only one I found in this price range but there aren't many available. Living in Canada, I can honestly say I wasn't willing to pay the Canadian retail price which was about double. I needed to wait for an American vacation to pick this up on my travels. Manufacturer Support: I contacted Rode with a pre-sales question. Their customer support was 10/10. I wondered why some people rated this mic stand as poor. Their answer was simple: It's designed and balanced for only one mic, specifically their rode podcaster. With other mics it won't be balanced correctly and you can expect that it would be hard to operate smoothly. If your mic is something else, then don't grab this accessory. Rode anticipates you'll be unhappy in that case. The Wow Factor: It's the perfect fit if you already have the mic that this was designed for. A definite "must have" when you already have the rode podcaster. Overall: The design is tailored to a Rode Podcaster which I have. That was my reason for selecting this mic arm rather than a higher end, more robust design from another manufacturer. The bad: Although perfectly balanced, the stand isn't tall enough to reach over a 24" monitor (which would be nice). It would be super if Rode would release a larger version of this stand. It glides well, and adjusts easily in any direction (truly the point of this type of mic stand).
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Quality built but not properly accessorized." submitted September 21, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician & budding recording engineer.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian music
Feature: No accessaries - particularly the adapter for the mic mount. Its a given, isn't it? Quality: Stout! I'm looking forward to a long lasting product. Value: If it included the mic mount adapter?!? yes - good price. The Wow Factor: Had a limited selection - color - have to go with what you can get. Overall: I expect it should be a long while before I need to replace this one, however I'm considering an additional one and will probably look else where for more variety.

"The boom looks great. It has two ways to mount it to your desk, or other flat surface. One is a very attract clamp that does not" submitted December 12, 2010

Musical Background: None
Music Style: None
Sound: I makes no sound of its own, that is a good thing. Feature: The boom has Velcro cable ties and it shaped at the bends in the shape of a cable. The cable lays smooth and holds firm while you are moving the microphone around. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, pull, or push you mic where you want it and let it go. What could be easier? Quality: I can't imagine that it could be better. Value: Zzsounds beat their competition by a nice margin. The Wow Factor: Very slick design, Once I added a 45 degree XLR to the rear of my mic it was perfect. Overall: Why so many questions in the review process. The product is great, and so is Zzsounds, enough with the questions. The last block has my review.

When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-9JL1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976