When you call, mention priority code 12CW-6C2N

Rating and Reviews: Rode NTK Tube Mic

The Rode NTK Tube is a studio condenser mic featuring a large 1" capsule gold-plated membrane and hand graded and selected twin triode tubes.

"looking for that U87 sound at about 600.00??" submitted February 5, 2008

By a customer from mac.com
Musical Background: Recording/mixdown engineer, producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B/Soul, Reggae
Sound: an amazing all around mic. From instruments to vocals, this mic right here is going deliver. Ive had this particular mic now over two years. Nothing negative to say about it. It gives me the right amount of warmth that I'd expect from much more expensive mics. Paired up with an LA-610, this mic gives that amazing big round sound that every hip-hop record is known for, but at the same time very translucent. Simply said.... Just amazing. Feature: I wish it came with a shockmount, but its actually very inexpensive. The 30-foot cable to connect to the power supply was a great idea. Ease of Use: just plug it in, let it warm up for aout a half hour. Then your ready to start recording. Quality: very rugged mic. It even comes in a vey rugged hard plastic carry case that holds everything!! Value: Its worth it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to call support since I bought the mic.

"This is a great microphone for vocals and acoustic instruments" submitted December 13, 2005

By a customer from chloeind.com
Musical Background: sound engineer
Sound: compare it to "anything" out there. it is the best not only for the money! Of course I use a preampa nd I take a little 10khz of(about -2db) Sounds superb on vocals and acoustics! Feature: it comes with everything but the shockmount which is about 50 bucks. compare that to what Neumann is asking for an EA-1 shockmount for their TLM103!! You'll be pleasantly surprised! Quality: very well built

Rode NTK Tube Mic Customer Review submitted November 27, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: artist,recording engineer, songwriter, producer
Music Style: Hip-hop
Sound: Well before I purchased it, I did some research on it. Initially I wanted the standard (neumann U87). Alot of my research revealed that the NTK actually outperformed the U87 in quite a few head to head tests. I narrowed it down to three: The U87, TLM49 and the Rode NTK. I tried them out head to head. Eventually I ended up buying the NTK because it is up to par with many neumann mics. Feature: Power supply and mic. What else do you expect? Quality: Built like a tank Value: Worth every penny

"This might be the best buy in the music industry, seriously." submitted April 16, 2004

By a customer from hotmai.com
Music Style: Hiphop mostly, but some of everything
Sound: WARM? I don't think that's strong enough, I am sad that I haven't had to use it more, but while using a tube preamp art with this it sounds so perfect Feature: Strong, I mean to me the main feature is the sound... and that's why I'm scoring it a 9. I'm not rating this "for it's cost" I'm giving it a 9/10 against EVERYTHING on the entire market Quality: The quality was perfect, a sturdy case , a rock hard microphone, and it's wonderful. Value: 10 really isn't high enough Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it, so I'd say that speaks for itself The Wow Factor: It's nice, the way I have it setup with a nice popfilter and a few other things makes it even more desirable Overall: Of all the equipment I own and have purchased I'm most pleased with this. I can't stress what a difference a good microphone will make, and you won't be sorry when you hear yourself or anyone else on this mic. I've used it from someone who can sing opera to hiphop vocals and all were definitly sounding great.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT TUBE MIC" submitted January 4, 2013

By George R in Waltham, MA
Musical Background: RECORDING ENGINEER
Overall: I love the way this NTK tube mic handles vocals especially when getting close up for bass boost. I have a Neumann TLM49 which honestly isn't a bad mic but for almost all the many vocalists I've recorded the Rode NTK is incomparable and beats it hands down. One thing I find works great with vocals is to to take out some 6khz around -4db. This will take out some of the top end siblance that can occur with some vocalists. The mic works great on acoustic guitars,drum overheads ETC. Will make any home studio sound very pro-like if used properly. KUDOS to Rode on this mic- as well as their NT1A and K2 mics.

"nice, crisp, warm, solid, transparent tube mic!" submitted August 22, 2010

By a customer from pflug.nl
Overall
Sound: I use the mic for radio and voice-over work. It's crisp, detailed, needs no EQ whatsoever and you can play with proximity for depth. Feature: Bought it with a nice shockmount. Ease of Use: plug in and go! Quality: Mic itself is solid! Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: I have it, and keep it!!! Overall: just superb!

"A very sexy microphone" submitted September 8, 2003

By a customer from certipsec.com
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: This is a very warm, better than real, mike. Any track recorded with the NTK will become a jewel in your mix. A wide cardiod pattern so lots of leakage. Get the SM-2 shock mount and a good stand. Feature: The power supply has a very cool and sexy blue light on it. Wish it came with the SM-2 as standard feature. Quality: Superb. Well built. A tank (can use for hand to hand combat). The circuitry is beautifully made. Value: A tube mike that sounds this good at this price is great! The Wow Factor: Every singer I have put this in front of has wanted to take it home and spend some quality time with it! Overall: I would replace it!

"Decent value" submitted October 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: For 500 dollars, you get a good, but not great mic. The sound is not realistic, but it very warm. If you're looking for rock or hip hop vocals the bombast in the sound is nice. But if you're looking for clean sound suitable for jazz or classical, you're just not going to get it from this mic. Feature: The clip is plastic and wears out after a while. But the separate power supply is a nice addition. Ease of Use: It's very easy to use. Quality: Sturdy mic that can take a little bit of a beating. Value: You get what you pay for in mics. At 500 bucks you get a decent mic. But if you want the real deal, you're going to have to pay about 2K for a good mic. Forget the hype. There are no short cuts in the mic world. It's like preamps. You want great sound. You need to pay big bucks. And by the way, if you don't have a decent preamp, no mic in the world is going to sound good, even this one. Manufacturer Support: The original I bought was defective. Rode was very apologetic and replaced it with a new one promptly. The Wow Factor: Huh? It's a mic not a sex object.

"Amazing" submitted September 19, 2012

By Shawn Siddiqi in Rochester Hills, MI
Overall
Overall: I love it clean clear crisp!

Rode NTK Tube Mic Customer Review submitted October 6, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: I can play a few instruments, but I am a Voice Over talent and producer that is why I visit this site.
Music Style: I truly like all kinds of music from Jazz to Country.
Sound: I bought the NTK about 2 years ago, I have been relatively please with the sound it produces... There are times when it sounds great, and other times when it get's a little grainy sounding, with lot's of electronic click in the recorded audio. I did by a new tube about a year ago, that did seemed to help make it sound fuller. Feature: I use it for VO work, it does what it is supposed to do, record my voice. Ease of Use: Plug it in and it does the rest. Quality: This seems to be a well made mic, the tube that came with mine was a cheap tube made in China.. it sounded ok a first, but then I replaced it with a new Mullard that actualy was made in the 60's, and it really made it sound even warmer without sounding muddy. Value: Yes. Manufacturer Support: I will give RODE the benefit of the doubt, I have never had to call on the support department. The Wow Factor: It's a good looking mic that does the job... I guess that's sexy. Overall: I hope this mic last for a long time, that does not mean I would not buy some others, but you can build around this mic.

"THIS MIC IS GREAT SOUNDING..WELL WORTH IT!!" submitted June 2, 2006

Overall
Sound: sounds like a champion..very crisp and warm sounding Feature: not too many feature with this mic...but it needs none..very quality sounding as is Ease of Use: slap it on a mic stand...you ready to roll Quality: its a RODE...enough said Value: was well worth the 500 dollars Manufacturer Support: havent needed em yet The Wow Factor: very sexy piece ill tell you..plus my girlfriend like to play with it if you know what i mean!! Overall: THE BEST MIC IN THE MARKET FOR THIS PRICE RANGE

"Super Quiet Tube sound, With lots of Shimmer." submitted September 28, 2003

Overall
Sound: Great sound, SUPER Quiet for a Tube mic. It's a little hot in the sibillant frequencies, and will need EQ-ing for some voices. You can really here the spike at around 8KHZ and again around 12KHZ. Very Flattering to female vocals, and as well as any warm or muddy sound source. Can really give articulation to dull sounding acoustic guitars. Great for many guitar amps, as an overhead for certain types of drum sounds, and it really blossoms at higher amplitudes. Feature: Cheap, With Tubes, what more could you want? Hmmm.... maybe adjustable polar patterns, an included shockmount, and a hair less high end. Quality: Looks great, holds up well. Manufacturer Support: The folks at rode are a pleasure to talk to, and make pretty much the best mics at each pricepoint.

Rode NTK Tube Mic Customer Review submitted February 19, 2005

Overall
Sound: the mic sound alive when u use focusrite voice master pre amp to pump juice in it. to me and everyone that heard the mic in my recordings,say it sounds like super clean mic and sound very expensive. Feature: power supply any cheap mic dosent have one but the rode ntk has one.

Rode NTK Tube Mic Customer Review submitted August 10, 2005

By a customer from comcast.com
Musical Background: 30 YEARS IN MUSIC BUSINESS
Music Style: JAZZ,FUSION ,HEAVY METAL
Sound: SUPER SOUND !!! Feature: YOU WON'T GO WRONG ,IT'S A RODE NTK Quality: THIS MIC ROCKS Value: THE BEST VOCAL MIC OUT THERE!! The Wow Factor: I'M REAL HAPPY WITH IT!! SOUNDS SUPER SMOOTHE! Overall: THE BEST

"what a vocal mic!!" submitted August 10, 2005

Musical Background: vocalist
Sound: super duper sond Feature: has everything you need for your studio vocals and acoustic guitar etc. Quality: this is a rode,need I say more? Value: tops Manufacturer Support: haven't needed any The Wow Factor: I got it! Overall: best

When you call, mention priority code 12CW-6C2N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976