When you call, mention priority code 143B-215C

Rating and Reviews: Rickenbacker 360-12

Get that famous semi-hollow Ricky sound with the world's most popular 12-string electric -- made in the USA with all the features of its Model 360 cousin.

"Rickenbacker 360/12 - The Jangle Never Ends" submitted August 26, 2006

By a customer from frogsmusic.com
Music Style: Folk/Folk Rock.American
Sound: Absolutely beautiful. As a stand alone plugged in the tones that emminate for the 360/12 os humbling. Run the 360/12 thru a GuitarPort of Line6 Pod and give it some British amp mods and a little compressor, bam, you are a jangle-master Feature: The entire 360/12 is a "feature". With the Rick-O-Sound you can stereo-ize your Ricky! Ease of Use: This is where the fingers meet the fret. Hefty fingers probably won't enjoy playing a 360/12. The exceptionally slim neck takes some time to get used to. Especially if you are used to an acoustic 12 string. I play a pair of Guild 12's; a D212 and F212. BOth which are remarkable guitars. Switching between the Rick and the Guild's does require retasking fingers. For example, on an acoustic 12, some folks may play a straight A chord using three fingers. On a Ricky you only need two! Thats how narrow the neck is. Quality: There is no question, Ricknebacker Guitars lead the world in manfactured guitar quality. Hands done. From electronics to the absolute pristine finish, there is no comparison. The Rickenback is built for endurance and looks. Phenomenal! Value: No doubt about it. For fear of not being able to afford another Rickenbacker, they are priced most reasonably and I my humble opinion, they could charge a whole lot more. But they don't. That's because the Rickenbacker Company has you and me in their hearts! Manufacturer Support: If you require support which is unlikely, even John Hall the CEO of Rickenbacker *will* stop to help out if he can! The Wow Factor: The visual appeal of the Rickenbacker is incredible. When you pop up on stage, your listenered will "ooh" and "ahhh". The Rickenbacker carrys a history unlike any other American made guitar. The first time holding a Rickenbacker is nearly orgasmic! Overall: I am totally satisfied with my Ricky. And will be for my lifetime. It is not only a guitar to play, it is a hierloom to hand down in the family. It is an investment in the future and my son will inherit my gear.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"An American Classic" submitted February 18, 2006

Overall
Sound: What can you say? You buy this guitar FOR it's distinctive "jingle/jangle" sound. Feature: It has everything you need. Ease of Use: People complain about the small neck,and how hard it is to get used to. I had not played guitar in over 10 years, yet I found this guitar very easy to play(now that I've got my fingers back in shape). Now,if I was playing strictly lead it would probably be different. Quality: It's hand made in the U.S.A.. You can tell the attention to detail they take when you look at this guitar from every angle. The finish is probably the best I've ever seen. The thing I like is that no 2 Ricks with the Fireglow finish look the same. Value: For what you get,this should problably cost twice as muck as it does. But I'm really glad it doesnt Manufacturer Support: Havent needed it. The Wow Factor: Pictures do not do this beauty justice. To appreciate it, you have to see it first hand. Overall: This is the guitar I've wanted for 30 some odd years, and now it's mine.

"God in a Guitar" submitted March 25, 2007

Music Style: Psychedelic Folk-Rock, 60's Garage, Jazz-Rock-Folk-Country Fusion
Sound: It is capable of getting the generic jangly sound, sure, but it is also capable of getting SO MUCH MORE! Most people neglect to mention the wide range of tones one can get from the fifth knob. You can get beautiful warm, round jazz tones (which the string order (with low string before octave) really helps to achieve) bright jangly sounds and everywhere in between. The stock pickups are nicer than people say. They distort nicely (although most people don't distort 12s very often) and give great clean tones, and are overall just great. I haven't had the opportunity to try the toaster pickups yet, but would assume they are brighter, cleaner and softer, given the lower ohmage (7.4k as opposed to 12k)The hollow body, made from slid maple sounds great and resonates beautifully, creating some very nice and unique sounding overtones and harmonics. Overall, I give sound a 10. Feature: The case is nice, built to last for a while. The rick-o-sound is probably fun to play around with, although I own just one amp and no y-cable or Rick-O-Sound Box, so I haven't played around with it yet. The fifth knob is the best feature, IMO. It allows you to shift from bright, bridge-concentric tones to warm, neck-sounds while the pickup selector is in the middle, but while managing to sound nothing like either pickup alone. It's hard to describe. Very useful, IMO. The R-Tailpiece is a pain to string, especially the low E and A pairs, which are right next to the upper part of the R, which is really inconvenient. The headstock is very clean looking and balanced, I like it better than the long paddle headstocks of other companies. The dual trussrods add alot of support, and are great for getting twists out of the neck, which is nearly impossible to do with single rod companies. I like the varnished fretboard, although it doesn't change playability at all. It does look very nice, however! Overall this gets a 9 in features. Ease of Use: It's incredibly easy to get great sounds from this product. The fifth knob might confuse some newcomers to the Rick-Land, but reading the manual (it is not that long, honestly!) will clear that up. The pots are arranged a bit differently than on generic-brand guitars, but they're easy to figure out, too, especially since they're labeled. The neck is so much easier to get used to than everyone else seems to think, and my hands are average sized, not tiny child hands. As I mentioned before, the pickups have a very wide range and are easy to find great sounds with. One thing, though, if you replace one of the unison strings (a b or e) MAKE SURE THE OTHER STRING'S GAUGE MATCHES! If you use a 9 and a 10 or something like that in one of the unison pairs, it will throw off the intonation quite a bit up the neck, and everything you play high up on the neck will sound like it is being played through a Leslie. This is a downside of all 12s, though, so I won't take off for it, and the intonation is perfect apart from that, especially if you use the stock RIC strings. The action is nice, too. Overall, this gets 9 here, too, just because some people find the neck hard to get used to (although I love it). Quality: My guitar was perfect in every aspect of quality. Visually, it is stunning, with no blemishes and nice grain. There was not a single thing I could find that could be called a blemish on my guitar. All of the electronics work perfectly. The tuners work perfectly, too, and there are no spurs or anything on the saddles or in the tailpiece grooves. The frets are perfectly leveled. Everything was great from the factory. For this, I give it a 10 in quality. Value: This product is worth the price I paid for it ($1050), although the current price (About $300 more) is a bit high (but that is just because I'm cheap and don't like spending, muchos money.) This guitar is still probably worth the price, though. American made quality from a factory of iconic stature for less than $2000? It's reality. I give this a 10. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with the company in person, but their CEO (John Hall), Finish Expert and Customer Service people (Kenny Howes and Richard Cannata) regularly answer questions on their forum. How many companies do that? And all their staff are musicians themselves, not businessmen. RIC is not publicly owned in any respect, so it won't end up like Fender or Gibson, being run like a business. Overall, I give them a 10 for being nice online and never giving a reason to have to contact them in person. The Wow Factor: This is one of the most aesthetically pleasing guitars I have ever seen. It is unique without having to be Kitschy. (Maybe B.C Rich and other pointy guitar brands should take some lessons from Rickenbacker!) While Gibsons are clunky and traditional, and Fenders are sleek and soulless, these guitars are as quirky, unique and appealing to the eye as they are to the ear. Given that the current bod shape was introduced in 1964, it is amazing to see that it still gets the same reactions it did back then; it just shows how cutting edge it is. I give it a 10, mainly because this is the most aesthetically pleasing guitar I have ever seen , and also because this is the exact guitar that I have been lusting for since I was 13 years old. Overall: Overall, I am very pleased with this guitar. It has surpassed all of my expectations (which were very good to begin with.) Its sound is to die for, and its visual styling unique (Rickenbacker's lawyers make sure of this.), and you can't beat the price for genuine American made quality. This guitar fits my playing style perfectly (Think acoustic Stephen Stills meets early Pete Townshend and Roger McGuinn)and has that perfect sound. If I ever were to modify it (which I wouldn't, since I am too scared that I would ruin it, although that would give me an excuse to buy a new guitar!) I would put in piezo saddles so I can get the elusive shimmer that is so present when it is played acoustically and never have to change guitars during a set. Overall, this is the greatest guitar I have ever played, I believe that only God himself would be capable of building such a masterpiece...Or our friends in Santa Ana, California.

"Ric 360/12" submitted June 29, 2012

By Jerry R in Springfield, OR
Musical Background: Semi-pro, 40 years, guitars & keyboards
Music Style: Rock; Euro-style Symphony Rock
Overall: Have owned 3. Latest is a newer non-toaster version. Bought used but pristine from someone who knows how to set these things up. The factory doesn't - or at least doesn't bother to. Challenging to play due to very narrow string spacing but incomparable sound. Using thinnest possible wound third helps with intonation.

"A guitar George played" submitted March 11, 2010

Musical Background: Hobby
Music Style: Rock Country
Sound: It will need to be setup. the setuo from the factory is too high... Love mine...

"THE BYRDS SOUND" submitted October 27, 2009

Musical Background: Recording artist, producer, songwriter
Music Style: Folk Rock, Punk, Classic Country
Sound: Mine was made May 1967, but I think they have only improved the new ones. I've always loved the sound McGuinn got with his for The Byrds and mine has never disappointed me. Roger now uses a "Fireglo" model when he tours Europe, from what he's told me, though he's best known for his "Mapleglo" (natural). It's comfortable, easy to play, and sounds great, especially on record. Playing one of these really WILL eventually make you a better guitarist! It worked for me, at least. Feature: There aren't a lot of applications for the "Rick-O-Sound" stereo output, but it's nice to have the option, especially for recording! Ease of Use: Some people tell me they think it would be hard to play a 12 string electric. I've never found thet to be a problem with my Rick. Quality: There is no room for improvement that I can see. Value: This is one of the few new guitars that will probably increase in value over time. Manufacturer Support: I dealt with the company once and was disappointed, but it wouldn't keep me from owning a Rick. I'm buying a guitar, not the company's PR Department. The Wow Factor: Nothing else looks like a Rick 360 andf people notice it when you use it on live shows. Overall: Twelve people have tried to buy this guitar off me. Even McGuinn asked about it. They can have it when they pry my cold, dead fingers off the guitar neck!

"Good product but play a Rickenbacker 660/12 first before you hastily buy a Rickenbacker 360/12." submitted August 5, 2004

Music Style: Folk/Folk Rock
Sound: high gain pickups are very disappointing. Wish I would of special ordered it with vintage(toaster)pickups. Feature: No comment. Quality: What can be said here. It's a Rickenbacker. Need I say more? Value: Like buying a Corvette. they hold their value. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt yet with them much. but have talked to some of them on the phone. typical California arrogance is all I can say here. The Wow Factor: If I had to do it over again, without repeating myself here. I would of bought the Rickenbacker Fireglo 660/12 instead. Overall: no comment.

"King of the Hill!!!!" submitted November 17, 2003

Music Style: Rock Alterneative
Sound: This is the King of Rick guitars. Feature: It would be nice if these guitars came with the Rick-O-Sound attachment. Quality: I bought it used and it was still in pristine condition. Value: Definetly worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I have had no problems wih the guitar...so there has been no need to contact Rickenbacker. The Wow Factor: Easily the best looking Ric there is. Overall: I will play this guitar until the day I die....which I hope is a long way off so that I can lots of use out of it.

"Should'a been done at the factory!" submitted November 11, 2003

By a customer from attglobal.net
Music Style: All
Sound: First, if you want to get the vintage rick sound, you have to replace the hi gains with the factory vintage models@$100.00 each. Then you have to use a compressor to get any sound at all out of it. Feature: Second, if you want to play in tune, you have to replace the factory 6 saddle bridge with the factory 12 saddle bridge@ $80.00. Then you have to find someone capable of installing it properly. Quality: Fourth- the whole thing is just wayyyy overengineered. Too much BS, where a more simple approach would be better. Finish is excellent. Value: It should come ready to play! Like a Gibson does. The Wow Factor: This still isn't a fun guitar to play. Imagine taking a Les Paul neck and adding 6 more strings to it. Not easy to play. Overall: If I knew what I know now about Rickenbackers, I would have looked for a gibson es-335 12 string! This Guitar is Not for the inexperienced player!

"Unique sound, and the fact you have electric versatility make this a clear option over an acoustic 12 string that is electrified" submitted October 18, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Reggae, and Rock.
Sound: Rickenbacker 12 strings are great 12 string electrics.Good tone, versatility, and Rickenbacker's high quality workmanship make this a "must consider" when purchasing a 12 string electric. Had I not purchased my Gibson electric 12 String, I would have bought a "Rick 12". However, there is no way I could get one of these for $800 Cdn.($450 US)new, including hard shell case, which is what I paid for the Gibson, so I got it. Otherwise, I would have purchased the "Rick". A good clean "real tube" amplifier seems to improve the harmonic content of most guitars, ESPCIALLY 12 string electrics. Transistor amplifiers tend to subdue these harmonics, and the 12 string ends up sounding "thin". For all you 6 or 7 string players, "YOU GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE". For thick, rich, vocal backing or "filling" thin sounding rythms, these babies do the trick. Rick G. REED Professional Luthier Feature: High Quality Workmanship.Good design Value: The product is priced competitivly. Manufacturer Support: Yes, I own a Rickenbacker 4001 Bass. Overall: All musical instruments I have purchased in my life (4 Basses and 6 guitars) I still own and use, although I have my favorites.6 String WARWICK Bass, 1958 Fender Pre Bass (I purchased in 1971).1967 "epiphone" Sherton. (I prchase in 1970). The newest instrument is a Gibson Nighthawk Standard.(2001)

"One good guitar" submitted August 17, 2005

By a customer from bastardpowered.com
Overall
Music Style: Folk, folk rock, old american music, sing along, rock
Sound: This guitar is exactly what it is supposed to be. No more and no less. Feature: Hard case is standard with this guitar. Inside you get a Ric polishing cloth and information on the guitar plus a poster catalogue. A six string saddle on a twelve string guitar is a little confusing. Quality: I purchased the Fireglow model and the images online do not do it justice. It is much better looking in person than I can describe. The finish is excellent and I can spot no blemishes at all. Everything on this guitar appears top notch. Value: I love this guitar and wouldn't trade it for another. The only real oddity is the 6 string saddle. Otherwise it is an excellent value - exactly what I expected. Manufacturer Support: No comments on support. The Wow Factor: This is one of the prettiest guitars I have seen. Overall: This time next year I intend on having a 6 string model "just cuz". Other than that, I think I will be pretty happy with this guitar for a long time to come.

"Like I said before, I only wish now that I would of bought a 660/12 instead of the 360/12." submitted November 4, 2005

Musical Background: 40+ Years Playing 12 String Guitars
Music Style: Folk/Folk Rock
Sound: What's to say. Rickenbackers sound the best. I know a Ric when I hear one and I don't need to see it played. they have a sound all of their own. jingly jangly. Feature: 5 only because the neck is too hard to get used to. a genuine pain in the ass. Quality: You cant beat their quality and they are known for their finishes. Value: Like buying a Corvette. They hold their resale value very well especially the older they get. Manufacturer Support: No comment or otherwise I could be here all day. Simply put; they are pains in the ass to deal with. Very snobbish. Typical Californians.

Rickenbacker 360-12 Customer Review

Overall
Sound: there IS no other sound like a ricky12 Quality: practically flawless fit and finish

Rickenbacker 360-12 Customer Review submitted May 19, 2005

Overall
Sound: This guitar has the best electric 12 string sound for its type and purpose. Feature: It has exactly what I expected it to have. No extras, just a sweet guitar. Quality: To me the Ric 360 series are pieces of art. Fit, finish, durability and relabilty are outstanding. I had a 1967 Ric 360 six string for 31 years. It held up like a tank. I would still have it, but it was in such good condition that a collector made me the proverbial offer that I couldn't refuse. It is very appropriate for road use, you have to really bang it around to hurt it. I expect this 360-12 to outlast me. Value: MSRP is high, but the same applies for any finer guitar of world class status. Manufacturer Support: I cannot answer this one. I've never had a breakdown of anything.

"the crappy guitar" submitted September 28, 2004

By a customer from direcway.com
Musical Background: Band Director
Sound: It just sounds like crap Feature: They suck Quality: The worst guality Value: what a rip off Manufacturer Support: Was really good The Wow Factor: no way Overall: its pick ups

When you call, mention priority code 143B-215C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976