When you call, mention priority code 144B-QG11

Rating and Reviews: Rickenbacker 360 Guitar

Designed in 1958, this semi-hollow body guitar became a staple for British Invasion guitarists of the 60s. It features two hi-gain single coil pickups to recreate that sound.

"Can't beat that Ric Jangle" submitted January 18, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: band student, active musician
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Folk
Sound: the sound is Bright, clean, and responsive. This guitar has 2 sides, ranging from the bright jangle to a throaty growl. No doubt, beats my gibson and gretsch in most ways. I play through a vox 100 watt, and use the sterio output to a 50 watt fender bass amp, cuts the little hum to none. Feature: the bridge and tailpeice is attractive, the finish is perfect, and the varnished fretboard is something i love. I will never want to play on a bare fretboard again, i will simply tolerate it. the guitar is maple, and is so well built, its as one solid peice Ease of Use: every sound is unique and good in some way. the opposite settings completly change the personality of the guitars tone. I havent tried to get a metal sound, but as far as heavy, it is capable of handling anything from the police to a black sabbath fuzz. the neck and fretboard is very fast, and the body is surprisingly light, but not flimsy. it is very sturdy and solid feeling to play with, sitting or standing. all the frets are pretty accessable for me, but im more used to large hollowbodies and acoustics, so some may disagree past fret 17 Quality: I believe this guitar will outlive me. I can fing no flaw, and factory set up was almost what i use. i lowered the strings a centimeter at most, the only issue I can think of is that the R tailpeice should be strung one string at a time. it is difficult to remove all the strings and re string it, as it is seperate from the other part of the tailpeice and held there, like an off center gibson stop-bar. its not a big deal, but the only thing that can be cited as any sort of flaw. Value: I have played several 5,000+ gibson and fender guitars, and as far as I can tell from my impressions, few match a Rickenbacker in terms of how they play and were built. Manufacturer Support: the company is friendly and informative with support, as well as user forums. not much contact has been made, but what i have discussed was clear, focused, direct, and correct information. The Wow Factor: the shape is unique. the color is appealing. the chrome shines, and the headstock/nameplate and tailpeice is a very cool looking addition. Overall: If some disaster befalls this, I would get it repaired and I would also purchase a new one. I have every sound i need, from this. I am keeping an SG handy for lead/solos, and a Gretsch for thicker sounds, but this is easily tweakable to get those tones. This price is unbeatable by any comparably priced guitar, deffanatly not a beginner or budget instrument though. The thing i like the most is the feel of the fretboard, its unlike any other guitar. the thing I like least, if anything, is the R tailpeice being a seperate part. its an irreplaceable guitar, unless you just get another

"Rickenbacker 360" submitted June 14, 2012

By peter penklis in brisbane, AP
Musical Background: 40 years- professional
Music Style: Country rock/ blues
Overall: I have a fender telecaster, stratocaster (USA + Japanses models, 3 Gretschs (5120, Billy Bo, Korean), Les Paul Standard and a Daphne Blue 2004 Rickenbacker. I've come to the conclusion that all the mass produced name brand guitars can vary significantly in playability between same models -even after pro setups. The USA Strat, Gibson Les Paul are very good guitars. However, the Rickenbacker is now the guitar I now go to. Why? It holds its tuning well, is easy to play ( thicker neck than others which suits players like me with BIG hands), the look of the instrument is stunning, the sounds are easy to dial up from the guitar itself without fiddlin with amp settings. U can buy a Rolls Royce - it can b a turkey or u can buy a Rickenbacker and if u were lucky like me - u got a Ferrari.

"Rickenbacker: Like nothing else." submitted February 13, 2006

Musical Background: Ex-Musician / Hobbyist
Music Style: Punk, Blues, Jazz, Alternative
Sound: I've had my baby since 1996 (Jetglo black 360). Nothing, and I mean nothing, has ever gone wrong with this guitar, nor, I presume, will it ever. Hook her up to a Vox or Fender amplifier, crank the volume and gain, and strike a big open G. If it doesn't give you goosebumps, check your pulse. Phenomenal. Feature: Doesn't include active pickups or a tremolo, but it's not an E.V.H. or Dimebag style guitar. For what it's designed for, the features are superb. The fifth knob, which is mostly a "blend between neck and bridge pickups" is genious. It's actually more than that, if you check the manual. Every time I pick her up, it's like a totally new experience. I'm always finding new little quirks. Note: The 'R' tailpiece can produce some cool trem-like effects. ;) Quality: American Made, by hand. Solid as a rock. Dual truss rod neck for fine adjustments. My bridghe has become tarnished over the years, but I can either order a new one from Ric (they're cheap) or hit it with some vigorous cleaner. The finish looks new to this day. The back of it is like a black mirror. Value: I worked at a crappy job all summer long in 1996, when I was 15 to buy my Christine (that's her name). I paid $950, a great deal, even then. Manufacturer Support: This category needs a "Not Applicable" rating. I've never had to call Rickenbacker, because, like I said, nothing has gone wrong. I will note, however: If you go to groups.google.com, you can search the archives of alt.guitar.rickenbacker, the Ric newsgroup. There's a wealth of great information there. The Wow Factor: The so-called sex appeal of a Rickenbacker is like the sex appeal of a classic muscle car. Maybe a young kid driving around in a Honda Civic won't like it, as he tosses his Korean-made Epiphone in the trunk, but the rest of us know American Quality when we see it. Overall: I expected it to be a great guitar. Back then, I didn't know much about guitars aside from their looks and who played them. Suffice it to say, she has exceeded every one of my expectations.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The one and only." submitted September 27, 2006

Music Style: Crust, hardcore, punk, folk
Sound: Amazing sound quality, though not entirely versatile. This may actually be my mistake as I was only borrowing one from a good friend for a couple tours. He uses his in his own band (Against Me!) and really uses as little distortion as possible, but I play in a crust band. However, I'm not saying it didn't do is duty. Overall, really, great sound, just not entirely versatile. Feature: A fitted hardshell case, Ric-O-Sound, what more can you ask for? Ease of Use: This is the easiest-to-play guitar that's ever graced my calloused fingers. The neck is rosewood, so it's easy to slide up and down the neck with relative ease. Very, very easy to use. Quality: Very well crafted. I'm not sure if they're still hand-crafted, but they feel perfect and are durable. Value: If you have this guitar, you will never want to buy another one. Worth every dollar. I'd pay more. Manufacturer Support: I did have to replace a tailpiece once, and Rickenbacker answered me swiftly. Shipping was a little slow, but that's okay. The Wow Factor: I've been begging to use it for years. From the very first time I say it I knew I wanted one, even when I didn't play guitar. Overall: I'm putting every dime in my bank account to buy my own and when I do I'm not gonna feel the least bit guilty for it.
25 of 27 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"THE BEST GUITAR MADE TODAY!!!!!" submitted July 6, 2004

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: Country and Jazz
Sound: I've played and owned them all in the last 30 years. You name the brand and I have owned them. This is the BEST axe I have ever played! Feature: Fit and finish are the best I have ever seen. The only thing I can say bad is that the case does not have a compartment in it for accessories. Quality: Like I said, fit and finish are the best I have ever seen and it is built like a Mac truck.(even for a hollow body.) Value: Dollar for dollar...the best value on the market and I have owned Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, and PRS...but this is the one! Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use them. The Wow Factor: Looks fantastic. I own the Mapleglo and the pictures in the catalog do not do it justice. Overall: If I ever buy another guitar, it will be a Ric.

"Pick the Rick....for your Home Recording Studio" submitted April 20, 2007

By a customer from Home-Recording-Studio-Guide.com
Musical Background: Active Engineer, Musician
Music Style: All Jazz, Rock, Country
Sound: The Tone is superb, ringing tones of velvet notes and chords. This is why the Beatles, etc used this type of guitar. Feature: The electronics are solid and the pickups clean and transparent. Ease of Use: This has a nice range of high and low tones, very playable, the action is just right. Quality: This will play for years,...treat it like a baby though, keep it in the case when not playing. Value: If you want a Classic studio tone guitar...this is it, definatly worth it. Manufacturer Support: Did not need any. The Wow Factor: This a must have in any serious studio....its sooo cool. Overall: This tone has lasted 40 years....I am sure it will be here in another 40...

"A great guitar that made it many years and not many changes" submitted March 30, 2010

Overall
Sound: I have had 5 of them over the years, I won't step out with out it. Feature: It came nothing. Ease of Use: I do not modify, if I had to I would not buy it. The way God made it is the top. Quality: Great, I change the strings every 6 weeks, and a good cleaning after I play it. In 30 years of playing they have never let me down once. Value: Prices on most good guitars aes out of hand. Gibson is nuts, Taylor over priced and othe junk has jumped the tracks. Fender is still a safe bet. Manufacturer Support: I never needed help. I take good care of them. The Wow Factor: It is a great looking guitar, I saw John Lennon playing a blue on on Tv back in the 60's. I knew then I would be playing one. Overall: I wear them out in about 5 years. I looked at Les Paul and Fender. I would go with the Fender.

"THE ULTIMATE STRINGED INSTRUMENT IN THE WORLD." submitted April 18, 2004

By a customer from AOL.COM
Overall
Music Style: ROCCK 50'S - PRESENT. ORIGINALS
Sound: A PREVIOUS 10 YEAR OWNER, IT IS WITHOUT EXCEPTION, THE FINEST PLAYING MACHINE EVER MANUFACTURED. I'VE PLAYED MOST OF THE FENDER AND GIBSON LINES, BUT, NOTHING COMPARES TO THE ACTION, SOUND, AND VERSITILIY OF A "RICK". IT MAKES ALL THE OTHERS FEEL LIKE PLAYING A CARDBORD BOX WITH RUBBERBANDS TAPED ON IT. Feature: MINE WAS A STOCK ISSUE. IT WAS PERFECTION. NO CHANGE EVER NEEDED. (I HOPE THEY DON'T CHANGE. SIMPLY AWESOME !!! Quality: THE PRODUCT IS ROCK-SOLID. IT IS THE ROLLS-ROYCE OF GUITARS IN MY OPINION. I'VE PLAYED RICKENBACKER GUITARS AND BASSES FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS, AND THEY ARE DURABLE, USER FRIENDLY, AND GREATEST SOUNDING MUSIC MACHINES EVER BUILT. Value: EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY THROUGH AND THROUGH. IT'S NOT THE LEAST EXPENSIVE, BUT ONCE YOU PLAY A "RICK", YOU NEVER GO BACK. Manufacturer Support: I NEVER, IN 20 YEARS OF EXPERINCE WITH THEIR PRODUCTS, HAD A MOMENT OF DIFFICUTY WITH THEIR PRODUCT. EVERYTHING WAS EXCEPTIONAL. I'VE EVEN HAD A 4003 BASS STOLEN FROM MY CAR...(HAPPY THIEF). The Wow Factor: IN MY MIND IT IS NOT A SEX SYMBOL. JUST THE FINEST PLAYING GUITAR EVER CONCIEVED. YES JOHN LENNON PLAYED ONE. BUT, I WAS NEVER A BIG FAN OF HIM. BUT GIVEN ALL CREDIT DUE, HE KNEW A GREAT GUITAR. Overall: IT'S SIMPLY PERFECTION. I'VE PLAYED MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. ONCE YOU PLAY A "RICK", THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.

"Rickenbacker is The Best" submitted February 3, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist and alittle more (Dreamer)
Music Style: Rock .. Folk and Blues
Feature: Well balanced so it is easy to handle. The neck is narrow for a 12 string guitar which I like. Great sound however, just like most 12 string guitars it is a little difficut to Tune. More experience with tuning it will help, I hope Value: Always wanted one and it's worth every penny Manufacturer Support: Don't know yet,and hope I don't ever have to know The Wow Factor: Every one I have shown it to Loves it also.. Guys and Gals Overall: Many Many years.. Great Value

"Ric 360-12: nothing like it!" submitted November 2, 2009

By a customer from 8thafhsoregon.com
Musical Background: Active musician/recording engineer
Music Style: Rock & Country
Sound: Have owned 2 Ric 360 and one Ric 330 12 strings. There's no other way to get that sound. Intonation can be a real problem and the neck is a bit too narrow. 12 saddle bridge retrofit helps the former...but my newer 360-12 didn't need this. Helps to use a very thin wound third (e.g., 0.017.)Beautiful workmanship, gorgeous tone, instantly recognizable on recordings. Not a versatile instrument, but does what it does better than anything else. Feature: Comfortable contour, light weight, well-balanced. Wish the neck were a little wider at the nut. Ease of Use: Getting a good sound...once intonation and tuning are done (this can be a job)means you plug it into a good amp, dial in a little delay and chorus, select the bridge pickup - and you're in 12 string paradise. Quality: Beautiful workmanship. The fireglo finishes on the newer models are better than vintage. Solidly-made: neck is very stable. Holds tuning well - much better than either of my vintage models. Value: I bought this one-owner 2006 model in absolutely new condition for $950.00 with case, which was a steal. Manufacturer Support: Unknown - have not had to contact the factory. The Wow Factor: Visually stunning - wood grain stands out beautifully. Overall: Till I die

"A fantastic guitar with a unique sound." submitted February 11, 2006

Music Style: rock / jazz
Sound: A Rickenbacker has a very unique, very identifiable sound. If it's the sound you're seeking, there's no substitute, but if you're looking for a guitar that can fit many styles of playing or has a broad range of sounds, consider something else. This is probably not the guitar I would chose to own if I only could own one guitar. But I love it! Feature: The only "accessory" was the hardshell case, which you will want to have if you're doing gigs. As far as features, it has a fixed bridge and both stereo and mono outputs, which is pretty cool. Quality: It's not a solid-body instrument, so I've always been careful not to run it into any drum kits, but it's definitely a well-constructed instrument, and I expect it to last a long time with very little maintenance. When I play shows, I use more than one guitar -- but that's because not every song I play calls for the Rick's unique sound. Value: I'm extremely satisfied with the instrument and don't feel like I over-paid for it. There are cheaper guitars and there are more expensive guitars, but if this is the sound you're looking for than don't let the price discourage you from owning one. Manufacturer Support: I've only owned this guitar for about two years now, but I haven't encountered anything that I needed to contact customer support to address. The Wow Factor: This guitar has a very classic look that you immediately identify with the great artists that have used Rickenbackers before: George Harrison, Sam Cooke, Tom Petty, and Buck Owens just to name a few. This might not be the guitar for people that dig "Pantera," but it is a beautiful instrument. Overall: I cannot say enough that this is a very unique unit. I wouldn't recommend it if you were in a position to own only one guitar, but if you have the means and are seeking this sound, you won't find it anywhere else. I looked at a couple other semi-hollow instruments like the Epiphone Casino and ES-295, and a Gretsch (I can't remember the model). These were all great guitars for their own reasons, but this was the sound I wanted and it's what I got
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Simply the best, the only guitar you'll ever need." submitted May 5, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Guitar instructor.
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Jazz, Alternative
Sound: The sound of the Rickenbacker is simply amazing, and no matter what anyone tells you it can play all styles of music with ease. While it is a semi hollow body it is not going to get you far as an acoustic (though it sounds wonderful through an acoustic amp). I must admit however, I'm guilty of spending many hours strumming the guitar without its amp. Ease of Use: You can't go wrong soundwise, it just isn't possible. The removeable tailpeice makes string setting extremely easy, and the double truss rod makes for great strength in the neck. The neck is very fast and easy to play. Quality: This product is incredible, despite its semi hollow body it can take a lot of beating. Look, for instance, at the way Tom Gabel of Against Me! plays his on tour! Value: I would pay upwards of 2000 dollars for this guitar, assuming I had the money. If I ever got rid of this, it'd be to get a new model. The Wow Factor: The is an orgasm in a guitar.

"bad bad bad guitar." submitted February 20, 2006

By a customer from don'tcare.com
Music Style: Rock Alternative Drum and Bass", "Techno",
Sound: no, nothing can save this guitar from being terrible. Feature: i feel terrible about the entire guitar. Ease of Use: it's not that good. Quality: it's terribly terrible. Value: no. Manufacturer Support: the owner replace the humbuckers four times in 2 months. The Wow Factor: none. Overall: i don't ever expect to satisfied at all, ever.

When you call, mention priority code 144B-QG11. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976