When you call, mention priority code 171W-JWKS

Rating and Reviews: Randall RT100H Guitar Amp

Access every tone imaginable, from clean country to shredding metal distortion. This 100-watt head has three discrete channels and a three-mode footswitch.

"My First Tube Amp Head!" submitted August 16, 2012

By Branden R in West Newton, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home, with friends, and in church; played piano and trumpet since I was a kid, but guitar on and off for about 12 years
Music Style: Rock, Christian
Sound: Sound is very subjective because each person has different hearing characteristics and different speaker cabinets. This RT100H head was hooked up to a Crate Flexwave 120W 4X12 cab and it sounded just off-the-chart amazing! The clean channel with the "bright" switch flipped really sounded crisp with no fuzzy feedback or anything else; the OD1 and OD2 channels seemed similar at first, but as I played with the sound and switched humbuckers on my ESP LTD KH-25 (Kirk Hammett 25th anniversary guitar), I finally discovered the differences. OD1 gave me a more classic, warm sound, where OD2 gave me that bone-crunching distortion...but clean and full! It sounded every bit as good as my buddy's B-52 tube head, and even he was pleasantly surprised at how good the Randall sounds. Feature: I mean, it does what you want it to do, has an effects loop (you need to use the Send jack in the effects loop if you need to run your amp into a sound board at a church or school or something, which we discovered with some trial and error), you can switch out the tubes with others to give you different sounds, and the biasing system is easily explained in the instructions and adds a lot of flexibility for an all-tube amp at this price. Huge. And they included a very solidly built foot switch to go between clean, OD1, and OD2. The instructions incorrectly state that the third button switches reverb on and off. It doesn't. The three switches control the three channels...reverb you need to add with the knob on the head, so try to do that ahead of time because out on stage you don't wanna be messing with it. Ease of Use: Randall defines easy to use. The instructions are written well and are kinda funny in a sarcastic sort of way, which I enjoyed. The biasing system is explained perfectly and the amp has everything in the place you'd expect. In short, you can't mess up using it unless you've got issues or are on controlled substances. Quality: This thing is a tank. It's built well and is rather heavy, lending to the quality of the components. The metal grate on the front is very nice indeed, and the foot pedal, as I stated earlier, is solid. Value: You can't get an all-tube amp of THIS quality at this price, period. Randall is setting the bar high and I hope they continue to do so. Also, ZZounds adds a huge amount of value because they price-matched a goofy competitor and even beat the price. The shipping was fast and the unit was not damaged whatsoever. Excellent value! Period. This is not a practice tube amp...you can do a ton with it in your main arsenal. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them, fortunately. The Wow Factor: The blue lights really get people looking. Very few heads at this price point have a feature like that. Plus, the front grate looks industrial and plain cool. This is a fashionable amp with a soft blue glow, and the tubes look awesome inside. Overall: This was my first amp head purchase, and it's a tube! My buddy has a B-52 100W tube head and the sound is just incredible compared to hybrids or solid-state amps. Sorry guys, I didn't think I'd go for the tube sound, but after hearing the difference between the B-52 and a Marshall hybrid head going through the same speaker cabinet, it was a no-brainer. This Randall head is just sick and has a lot of features, though not as many as some might like (can't please everyone). I'm writing a more details review so I'll use the other sections to elaborate, but overall this was one of the best purchases I've made in my slow guitar career start. The amount of stuff I'm learning is a lot, but it's not overwhelming.

Randall RT100H Guitar Amp Customer Review submitted February 16, 2011

Music Style: Thrash and heavy metal
Overall: Iv'e been eying this head for almost over a year now and I finally bought it three weeks ago. First off the crunch, or OD2 channel is phenomenal! I jammed out Van Halen and Shenker for a good 40 minutes before I even remembered there was a high gain channel. The high gain channel is absolutely mind blowing! As soon as you switch to it an extra badass blue LED fires up! This is a much coveted perk for anyone who plays in dark clubs or venues. As for the sound, Randall wasn't lying when they said they give you more gain than anyone really needs. I play heavy thrash metal and only turn the gain up to bout six oklock. Iv'e played peavy's and mesa's of all sorts, all claiming to hold groundbreaking high gain capabilities, but nothing sounds quite like this. It has that super saturated, articulate and ballsy distortion that can be heard on records like Pantera's vulgar display of power, and Arch enemy's wages of sin. The clean channel is pretty decent as well, not the best, but much much better than that of other high gain amps of the sort.

"GAINSANITY" submitted October 7, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock alternative metal jazz blues
Sound: if you want to play loud enough to wake the nieghbors nieghbors this is in fact the head for you, it absolutely screams with raging metal on od 2, od 1 can get pretty narly as well better for some more classical metalin my opinion, however zzsounds shipped this thing to me stat and i could not be more happy, the clean channel is fantastic on this amp compared to any other high gain head in the price range and most at higher prices in all honestly i have had more fun with this since i bought it than i have with any of my others, mesa triple rec, yeah it keeps up but its a different flavor the 6505+ doesnt hold a candle in sound in my opinion. Feature: The includeed footswitch is a tank im convinced that the u.s. military may use them as battering rams it is fully funcional and does its job perfectly without a click or pop or anything totally seamless switching, the effects loop is great the only thing i run is a gate and it does wonders, i would thouroghly recommend one if you plan on taking this thing to the limits. Ease of Use: its a tube amp, set it to standby let it warm up, flip it over and dial in your desired tone and let me say i hve played with the controls a ton in the three weeks i have had this and it is positively rediculous how easy it is to get a great sound out of this Quality: the tolex for starters feels like its made from an italian leather coat, the handle is sturdy as can be, and the overall look of this this is rediculous, weather we are talking about the ominous blue glow fron the interior of the head or the metal grill on the face of it, or even the chrome nobs, and not to mention the super bright leds, its beautiful. as far as construction goes this thing wieghs as much as most speaker cabs at nearly 60 lbs its heavy sturdy and feels like i could throw it from the roof only to look down and see it throwing me a well deserved finger Value: it is worth at least twice the price, i have played them all, mesa, engl, H&K, framus, 6505+ 6534+, and this is my new main head and yet costs nearly half of the price of most of my others Manufacturer Support: Have owned several randall products, they are always out to satisfy the customer in the fastest way posibble, just great to deal with The Wow Factor: as i said in the quality section this thing will have you running around with a very large smile on your face after the first time you turn it on, i called several of my friends and bandmates over just to check it out and they all love the way it looks too Overall: Let me explain that im a gear freak, i want everything i can get my hands on just so i can have a vast flavor of sounds, that being said this head is currently my favorite and i could see it working for as long as i have it which let me just say it certainly is not going anywhere, i am absolutely in love with it, i would buy 10 more in a heartbeat.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Amp for the Price!!!" submitted July 4, 2012

By Adam M in Pueblo, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 20 years, Gigging for 10 and I play guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Funk, Jazz and Blues.
Overall: This amp went on sale when I was thinking of buying it. As soon as I saw the price had fallen $350, I HAD TO GET IT!!! I heard mix reviews about so many of these RT-100's giving out within the first few days? Then, I also wondered if these people ever understood tube amps and their rules for turning them on and off. I took a chance because I have always loved Randall amps and Washburn guitars and their relationship one another because I have 5 Washburn guitars.The clean sound deserves a lot more credit than most people give it in a lot of Youtube videos. The sound is very percussive and clean and the headroom is amazing. This means any type of pedal you throw in front of it, your sound will be amazing.The OD 1 channel sounds great. I can get a Master of Puppets, Orion rhythm sound and I love that sound. Really tight but still old school metal sounding. Typical hiss if you increase the gain but nothing a noise gate or Hush Pedal can't fix.The OD 2 channel is completely new school metal. I honestly have the gain at 12 o'clock and is sufficient enough for rhythm and lead sounds. Plus, if you play loud, you don't need massive amounts of OD anyway because it will take away from your tone.One draw back from the reverb is there is not a button for it on the footswitch, you have to manipulate it manually.I have not had to deal with the Manufacturer. No issues other than I did have to connect the LED lights when I received my amp head but connecting the LED's was not rocket science.I definitely would recommend this product to anyone looking for a great sounding amp with three channels and not looking to pay double the cost of this head. I paid only $549 for this head brand new and I was torn between this head and a Carvin micro V3. I am happy as hell I bought this head!

"best head i've ever owned" submitted August 3, 2012

By ira vestal in hickory nc, NC
Musical Background: 15 yrs guitar in a band
Music Style: metal, rock
Overall: this thing is a beast, overdrive 1 is plenty overdrive 2 has a kinda scooped sound, i like it loud and proud and this delivers. metal rock its got it all covered clean is clean after research and plenty reviews for the 550 bucks i paid best tube head you can buy got mine on sell... came with ruby tubes and have held up at loud volumes for 3 months now with about 100 hours of bone crushing volume on em sounds superior in my cab loaded with texas heats.... turn up the volume this thing comes to life.....remember eq is everything on both channels and everyone has a different guitar and tastes... reverb is good too....

"Randall Owns" submitted August 10, 2011

Music Style: Metal
Sound: this is the best tube amp i have ever played the clean is sparkly clean and od1 has a marshall flavor to it and od2 my personal fave is over the top has gobs of gain i got it set on 6 really dont need much more than that and od2 doesnt need boosting i do use a 10 band eq for that extra snarl but is not needed overall is a awesome sounding amp you cant go wrong with this head this is the tone thats been in my head i love it and highly recommend it Feature: amp had a foot switch very easy lay out love the reverb on it and the master volume Ease of Use: its very easy to get a useable tone out of it easy to dial in very simple layout Quality: i have owned randall amps before there built like a tank should last a lifetime Value: excellent value Manufacturer Support: havent need support but im sure its great The Wow Factor: dead sexy with the blue lights u can see thru the amp i love that part of it u can see what you got Overall: overall its a great amp i highly recommend you go order yours today

"Amazing LOUD amp for metal!" submitted July 25, 2011

Music Style: metal/hard rock
Sound: Super loud 100 watt tube head with 3 channels, reverb, and master volume. clean channel is plenty loud has bright switch if you like the jangly fender sound. OD1 has a hotrodded marshall type sound. plenty of gain, nice and thick with strong mids. OD2 is super high gain, again with great mids and top end sizzle. I did a shootout between the Randall and my friends Peavey 6505. This amp has more gain period. Only advantage the 6505 has over it is the resonance control. Has a TON of gain! Lots of noise and feedback with the gain 3/4 or more. A noise gate would help I'm sure. I tried this amp with a MXR Kerry King 10 band eq and it's amazing!!! Feature: Comes with 3 button foot switch. functions as it should, no complaints. The reverb could be better, so I give it a 9. Ease of Use: 3 channels, footswitch included. Each channel has independent EQ, all channels share reverb. Easy to dial up clean, crunch, and lead sounds and switch between them. Also has user bias feature for swapping tubes. Quality: This amp is well made. All parts appear very high quality. Looks amazing with the blue glow, very striking visual presence! Value: I bought this head on special scratch and dent sale for $550. Not a scratch to be found anywhere! the box was dented on the corners, but the amp was packaged very well. No noticable defects at all. Got a 3 channel 100 watt tube head for $550!!! I first planned on buying the 50 watt version, but got this one for less :) Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any problems, no need for support. The Wow Factor: Awesome heavy sound, looks cool as hell! Overall: This amp is worth at least twice the retail price, sounds grat for hard rock and metal. better than any amp in this price range and better than most that cost more.

When you call, mention priority code 171W-JWKS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976