When you call, mention priority code 20L-MRKF

Rating and Reviews: Randall RG1503212

Based on the legendary RG100 and RG80, this combo has the unmistakable FET solid state sound Randall is known for, voiced through two RS12-80-8 speakers.

"Dude, it's those 12's!!!" submitted April 25, 2015

By Jimmy G in Alpine, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar about 15 years mainly for myself or the occasional garage band
Music Style: Mainly Rock, Blues, Metal & Grunge. Dabble a little in country, R&B & Pop.
Sound: I could use this amp for some country or jazz gigs/jams but I would want to bypass the preamp with my Line6 hd500x effects pod & pull some clean amp modulation to run through this bad boy. With a Strat/Tele type guitar & the right tweeks on the EQ that it can do those country/jazz crystal clear sounds. But who comes to Randall for country/jazz cleans? You come to Randall to rock someone's ass. With my humbuckers this amp takes me from oldies rock n roll clean to channel 3 earsplitting distortion. So I'm very happy with it and pleasently surprised that I may be using Randall's preamp much more than the 500x's preamps. And the footswitch the amp comes with makes all of that possible. Feature: I absolutely love the features. The EQ is so much nicer than the basic 3 button (high, mid, low) that you find on beginner amps. The bass boost really will give your lows a punch (don't run the bass boost with the bass at max, it'll damage the speakers). The mid scoop is an eargasm for any metal head. And a presence can bring out the highs. I prefer speakers with reverb to anything you can get from an effects pedal. So I love this amp. The effects loop was the selling point for me. I was like, a Randall solid-state 2x12 amp with an effects loop to utilize my hd500x? Gimme, gimme, gimme. Ease of Use: Ohhhh, this is so easy to use compared to a Line6 Spider. Just dial in your tone & get on it. The Line6 hd500x is intricate enough without adding a whole other complicated setup into the mix. Quality: Absolutely built like a tank. I can see why it comes with caster wheels...you would need a roadie just to carry this around. I imagine this will be the last amp I will ever need to buy. Value: Compared to other amps in it's price range, I believe I got a steal. Manufacturer Support: No need to deal with manufacturer support. But after seeing the quality they put into the amp I have full trust in the Randall name. The Wow Factor: EVERYTHING IS WOW!! The look is WOW!! Visible speakers behind metal grate, white "graffiti stenciled" X's behind the dials, the channel light indicators, and the Randall logo just scream out METAL!!! The sound is WOW!!! I'm upset that I never made the leap to 12's before this. Finally the search for that low-end crunch is over. And with the mid scoop the seemingly eternal search for that Dimebag tone is found!! The sound is sooo great that I'm even WOW'd by the footswitch. At first I could care less about the footswitch. But then I seen it controlled the reverb so I was ok with it. After hearing the Randall I'm stoked that I can switch through 3 great tones. The features & quality are a WOW!!! Effects loop, reverb, simple EQ, solid build Overall: It's unreal how much metal is in this amp...with the 2x12's, it just wants to rock out with my humbucker guitars. Certainly enough power to jam with a drummer or do a good size venue. The build quality is exceptional, feels like a tank. I absolutely love the features & ease of use.

"Blown Away!!" submitted February 10, 2015

By Ron S in Nampa, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass and guitar off and on for to many years to count.
Music Style: all forms of metal as well as some country tossed in just to change it up.
Overall: I picked this amp up after playing a friends RG100. This amp is all you could as for and more. The FET circuit is incredible. It is not a tube amp but it doent have to be. It has its own tone. The cleans are pristine and with gain and volume for each of the three channels you can go anywhere from classic rock to the most hardcore metal today. I am ordering a 4x12 RG cab for it to unleash the full potential of this beast. The Randall people were great as well as the zZounds tech staff. Very helpfull and really knew his stuff when it came to amps. If this were stolen I would get another in a heartbeat. Just a full blown Tone Monster!!

"Full on Metal amp." submitted October 1, 2014

By Jeff S in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Music Style: Metal (all types)
Overall: Sound - Metal, all types. I play deathcore, hardcore, deathmetal type stuff, in drop tunings. I did have to add an overdrive pedal for a boost to really get the sound I wanted out of it, but had already planned on doing that anyway. Don't listen to people that say a tubescreamer type pedal won't work well with a solid state amp. Cause in this case, it works amazingly well. I think the speakers could use an upgrade, but they're acceptable for the price. This amp can get very loud, and you can easily play with a drummer. But it can also easily be played at bedroom levels while keeping the tone intact. It's also built like a tank, very solid (and heavy). Bottom line - I was happy with the tones I was able to get with this amp before an OD pedal, but after adding an MXR GT-OD I was really blown away. I would definitely buy another one if something happened to it.eweew

"WOW!!!" submitted February 27, 2014

By Hoss S in Mayfield , KY
Overall
Musical Background: Off and on for 20 plus years,dont gig anymore,wish i had this amp when i was.
Music Style: Black sabbath,classic rock,hard blues
Overall: I got this amp yesterday and probly havent spent enough time to give a detailed reveiw,however based on what i,ve seen and heard so far,it,s mind blowing.The shineing star on this thing is the clean channel,i ran a les paul with a gibson tony iommi pickup through it as well-as a tele with dimarzio x2 pickups.you can get those strat like tones even with these guitars.the amp is built like a tank and if your a volume addict this is overkill.i do wish each channel had its own eq,thats my only issue with this thing.It,s made in china,another downside for me but like i said, it's built very well.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20L-MRKF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976