When you call, mention priority code 16JQ-YMFX

Rating and Reviews: Radial JDI mk3 Direct Box

If you think all direct boxes are the same, you haven't tried the Radial JDI MK3.

"Stop searching... your DI troubles are solved." submitted March 24, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Various
Sound: I used this on my 6 string bass... WOW! I was having a bit of a hate on for the bass as I felt it was a bit lack luster going through my other passive DI box. This was different... no lie my B string sounded tighter, and the pups on the bass sounded clearer. I will not let this DI box go - EVER! Feature: There's a number of cool things it can do... but I'm just DI'ing it no need yet for the other bits... Ease of Use: plug-n-play not pray Quality: TANKS should be built this well... Value: I'd pay more but I'm glad I didn't have to. Manufacturer Support: They're Canadian... so polite. The Wow Factor: I want the JDI rack for my synths now Overall: The search is over.

"Accept no substitutes." submitted August 4, 2010

Kirk from zZounds
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: Fantastic, clean, and accurate. Doesn't get in the way of your instrument and its voice, rather brings out its true sound and keeps it alive and well all the way to your ears. Feature: Between the PAD option that doesn't take away from your sound, the ground lift, and the merge input option, what more could you ask for? This one has all the options and features you could ask for in a DI, and spells them all out very clearly on the case. Ease of Use: Plug it in. Play. It's that simple. This DI can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be. Quality: Built like a tank and always ready to go. Seriously, Im sure this thing could take a literal beating and still preform like nothing happened. If the SM58 has a DI equivalently for durability, this would have to be it. Handles whatever you can throw at it and then some with losing quality. Perfect for taking on the road too. Value: The absolute best for the price. If it cost more I would still buy it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support for this product, and something tells me I won't need to either. The Wow Factor: Great layout, very clearly labeled, lets you know exactly what each button and feature does, while put together in a quality package. Overall: Overall, the best bang for your buck. It's sometimes hard to realize how much a quality DI can truly add to your sound until after you hear it. This is a purchase you will not regret!

"Amazing DI" submitted October 5, 2014

By Ryan L in West Fargo, ND
Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Rock, country, classic rock, funk, etc.
Overall: This DI really makes my basses shine throught the PA. I was skeptical at first, at the thought of using a passive DI straight into the board, but this made me a believer. Very high quality, and sounds amazing.

"Radial JDI mk3 Passive DI Box works as advertised" submitted March 25, 2012

By Glen H in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar. 40 years playing. 20 years in bands, Currently have project recording studio for hobby recording
Music Style: AA Rock, Blues, some Jazz.
Overall: Great little DI unit! Just works. The sound quality is pristine. I use for bass, acoustic and electric guitar with great results. Also, use in conjunction with the Radial ProRMP by using it to record a direct track while also recording an amp track, and then reamping through the ProRMP. Works as expected and provides great flexibility in adjusting the sound of a track without having to re-record what is already a well performed track.

"worth the money, you'll never need to upgrade" submitted August 25, 2009

Emmett from zZounds
Musical Background: engineer
Music Style: rock, country, jazz, film scores, electronic
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: I wish I knew why some DIs are better than others. It seems pretty straightforward, some loops of wire on a transformer, input and output. But this box sounds head and shoulders above all the other DIs I've used. The smoother, tighter bass was great and the high end sounded more realistic, a flaw I hadn't noticed in my bass tone until now. Feature: There aren't a lot of bells and whistles you can throw on a direct box but the fact that you can take a DI off the back of an amp head before it hits the speaker is pretty cool. Of course it has all the other features, too: phase flip, pad, ground lift. There's also a "merge" function that lets you DI two sources at once with one box, summed to one mono signal. Great for live sound situations. Ease of Use: Again, it's a direct box. Plug it in. Done. Quality: Built like a tank. This should last longer than you. Value: Yeah, it's a little pricey compared to the other guys out there. But it sounds a lot better than the other guys out there, too. Manufacturer Support: no experience. The Wow Factor: yeah, i'm buying two. Overall: You'll never need to replace this with a different passive DI box.

Radial JDI mk3 Direct Box Customer Review submitted September 8, 2004

Overall
Sound: The very best passive DI you can buy, clean rich and pure tone. Quality: Weights a lot, but it is hardcore and won't break. We use the JDI and J48s all the time. Great sound and reliable.

"JDI a real game-changer for gigging bassists and keyboardists." submitted February 26, 2009

Jon from zZounds
Musical Background: "Semi-Pro" Musician
Music Style: Alt-Country, Prog, 60s Pop. Thankfully, never at the same time.
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: This DI has been a total game-changer for live performances. In the past I've had to make do with the house DI box at shows and the like. It did the trick alright, I suppose. However, since investing in this DI, I've had a huge jump in people complimenting me on my sound. I don't have to worry about my cab being suited to the room, or about a mediocre DI neutering my tone. It's been a great solution for my bass, and several of the sound guys I've worked with have expressed admiration for its performance as well. Feature: It has a lot of features - frankly more than I see myself needing to use. I don't use stereo outs, and I don't really feel compelled to use the -30dB speaker pad. However, this DI is fully featured enough that I feel confident I could use it in nearly every live scenario, and I would recommend it to keyboard players as well. Ease of Use: Everything's easily labeled. Insert it before your amp, plug and play. Since it's passive, you don't even have to worry about power. Quality: This box is a brick house. Unless it ends up under our van's tires somehow, I'm certain it'll continue to perform at this level. Value: Yes, this product is a little expensive, especially for something that most players don't think they need. But I think of it as insurance - you don't have to worry about your tone getting fouled up by something outside your control (barring a sound guy who's completely out of his depth.) I considered the JDI expensive until I actually used it at shows. Now I realize what a big value it is. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed support on this product, but I've met a couple folks from Radial, and they seem courteous, adept, and friendly. Three year limited warranty, which is nice - though with how durable this thing is, I'd be surprised if I needed it. The Wow Factor: DI boxes typically aren't the sort of thing anybody but a soundguy will notice on stage. However, I do have to admit this thing looks pretty cool. I like the green and orange - gives me a "military issue" vibe. Overall: The only DI box I see myself replacing this with costs $700. So, I'm fairly sure I will never be replacing this. It has everything I need, it sounds great, and it certainly doesn't take up much space in my rig. If this got stolen, I would replace it shortly after swearing vengeance.

When you call, mention priority code 16JQ-YMFX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976