When you call, mention priority code 206-FF1L

Rating and Reviews: Quilter 101H Mini Amp

Get five iconic amp voicings and up to 50W of power in a head that fits in your gig bag pocket. The 101H's TRI-Q control offers scoop, normal and lead tones.

"its not hype, its real" submitted January 31, 2016

By mike W in Winter Haven, FL
Musical Background: 30 years playing guitar
Music Style: Rock/ blues
Sound: A lot of people say it sounds like a blackface or twin reverb. Id have to agree. The eq settings are not your normal bass mid treble, they are more like cut filters but are very useable. Feature: The houseing is metel and seems durable enough. Ease of Use: Its very easy to get great sounds, hard to find a bad setting Value: Worth much more then what they are selling them for Manufacturer Support: Ive had no problems. If you are on face book look up quilter amp users group. Pat quilter will answer questions him self, thats F-ing support, id llok up and join this group before buying tons of gigging musicians that ise quilter products that are very helpfull. The Wow Factor: For its size it packs a ton of wow, people are amazed at the sounds this small foot print puts out. It fits on my pedal board, lots of wow here Overall: Look up quilter amps on google and try to find a bad review, i did and i could not find one.these amps are redefining solid state technology they sound and act/react like tube amps. Dont hook this thing up to crappy speakers and expect magic, you might get it you might not. But if you hook it up with the right speaker for your style then you will be happy, i use an enimence texas heat (12" 150w 8ohm)and it sounds amazing . Its loud and clean and can be dirty at bedroom volume. Is it loud enough to gig with? depends on the speaker and the size of the venue but im sure a 1x12 cab could fill any bar sized gig. Need more? Hook up a 2nd 1x12 or go with a 2x12 or 4x12 it can push them all. Is it 50w or 100w? Its both it has a 5 voice switch 3 are 50w and 2 are 100w. Its a clean realistic 50 or 100 watts as well most solid state amps turn to a mushy mess when you crank them because 100w is there max they start cliping at lower wattage and it sounds like crap, not this amp its rated at 100w clean so its actually capable of a lot more then 100w so keep that in mind when pairing speakers make sure they can handle 150-200w. 1 guitar input, fx loop, and 1/8th" head phone jackSpeaker Out put is one 8 ohm and 1 4ohm if you run 2 speaker outs thay are 8ohm each. There is no line out or di on this, thats kind of a drag but there are work arounds useing the headphone jack or the effects send.The amp voices are not digital models they are analog and sound real because they are. This amp os a steel at twice the price. And with the zzounds payment options and return options you cant go wrong. If you want a tube amp and cant afford one this is for you. If you need a back up amp that is small and light weight (2.5 lbs) or are just tired of carrying a 100lb tube amp and still need awesome tone, this is for you.

"Quilter 101 H mini head." submitted March 10, 2016

By john sargent in ypsilanti, MI
Overall
Musical Background: about 40 yrs, play guitar, bass, drums, Jazz,R/B, local gigs, build my own archtops.
Music Style: Jazz, R/B, Blues.
Overall: Wow !!! I;d been trying to scale down on movable, portable rig, and this is a dream come true!! I built a cabnet for and Emenance Legend 15", 120 watt speaker )Cabnet is 17" X 16.5", just enough for the speaker), and the 101H ?? Whhooooo !! I play Jazz, and a little R&B, using the Surf setting, 8 watts, bass roll of, and gain on 5 !!!!!! I get more power than I'll ever use, this Lil' thang is BAD!! thank you Pat quilter, and "D" class amplification !!

"I'm Impressed!" submitted February 15, 2016

By Jay S in Greenwood, MO
Musical Background: Seasoned guitarist, Rock and Country
Music Style: Rock and country
Overall: I bought one from a hometown music store. I've gigged with it twice on only the 10 watt/Jazz setting and it is LOUD. I also run a Boss GT 100 pedal board and do get some gain from it. I would say this is very suitable for any situation up to medium size club use and more. It's not a tube amp but with your pedal you are likely to not care!

"Big sound, little box." submitted April 1, 2016

By john k in pine grove, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years playing guitars.
Music Style: Classic rock, southern rock, country pretty much anything except rap / hip hop.
Overall: I bought this from zZounds to be a back up to my Marshall DSL40C. At about 2 Lbs this is an easy stuff in the gear bag option. Gigging this. I use an adaptor and connect the output of the Quilter can straight to my Marshall's Celestion Creamback speaker. Gotta say, this Quilter is LOUD as heck at the 25 Watt selection and it sounds great. The expressions on my bandmates faces when I fired it up were priceless! Takes my pedals well and could even power another extension speaker. At some point, I will just use the Quilter at a gig and expect it will more than hold its own.

"So good, I bought a second one!" submitted July 2, 2016

Overall
Overall: This little 2 lb.er is wicked good! Sold my Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special as the sounds I was getting from the 101 matched or surpassed those from the real tube head!

"Quilter 101H Mini a little 'dark' for Fender lovers" submitted August 16, 2016

By Joe Miller in Sailnt Louis, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Pro musician for over 40 years.
Music Style: Jazz, Classic Rock, Motown, Blues, Country, Big Band.
Overall: I had high hopes for this Quilter 101H Mini. My initial testing found that this amp was plenty powerful (for even a moderate size gig with a full band), and is very well built, compact and light. I benched tested it though a custom built 1 - 12" open back cabinet with a vintage Jenson 100W speaker. The tone controls are unique, but you can tweak the tone you want with a little work. No problem there. My only issue is that the amp is inherently 'dark' and 'muddy'. The upfront 'brightness' you get out of a Fender Deluxe, Twin or Super Reverb is simply not there in Quilters. If the high frequency tone control was a 'boost' as opposed to a 'roll-off', then it may be the 'perfect amp'? Don't know. I did plug an external Boss 7 band EQ pedal into the loop, and I got the exact tone that I wanted. But hey, I don't want to band-aide a new amp with all sorts of EQ / Reverb pedals just to get the tone I want. I want an amp that meets my specs right out of the box. So anyway, if you're not a 'Fender brightness freak', then this amp is for you! It has the power, size and tone that every musician would appreciate. However, if you're trying to retire your Twin Reverb into the basement for rehearsals only and use the Quilter for gigs, this amp is not for you. It just doesn't have the bright, punchy tone that a Fender has. I had to return the amp after a couple days of bench testing because it just didn't perform the way I expected.

When you call, mention priority code 206-FF1L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976