When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-HGJ0

Rating and Reviews: QSC TouchMix-16 Mixer

With 12 mic ins, 4 mic/line ins and 2 stereo line ins, plus on-board DSP FX and iPad remote control, the TouchMix-16 digital mixer is ready to run the show.

"Great right out of the box" submitted December 12, 2014

By mark carpenter in merced , CA
Overall
Musical Background: Singer and owner of www.thesoundmanonline.com pro sound company
Music Style: we mix and play everything we dj announce all different types of events
Sound: Very clear the microphone pre amps are transparent. The recording quality is also very clear. Feature: The I pad app is the best of any on the market. Navigation of the mixer is intuitive and is without excessive layers. Recording is easy and is straight ahead. Great sound quality Ease of Use: One of the easiest mixers I have ever worked with out of the box. If your afraid to go digital don't hesitate its the bomb. The online tutorials, videos and the instructions built into the mixer make the process seamless Quality: Sturdy build quality and it comes in its own case. Value: Great price for a great mixer. Manufacturer Support: We own lots of QSC equipment they are exceptional about being available for our questions. The Wow Factor: Its as close to a ten as possible. Its the Salma Hayak of mixers Overall: On the strength of our past experience with QSC we purchased two of these mixers. I pulled the first one out of the box and mixed a live show. All I can say is wow. It took me a couple of minutes to get the mixer to tether to the I pad (my fault) but after I did I was impressed We own a sound company www.thesoundmanonline.com so we mix on a lot of different formats. This is now my go to mixer.

"Are you Experienced? You don't need to be! QSC makes it EASY!" submitted June 22, 2015

By Chuck Wallace in La Porte, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician 2 years, Guitar 10+ years, and Home Recording
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, Classic Rock
Overall: To start, I have some working knowledge of a mixer and how this relates to getting and overall sound, some. I studied this mixer for a few months prior to purchase, Mostly QSC directed and released YouTube videos. This is what really helped me to understand how to mix and setup for sound in any venue. Setup: Easy turn it on and wait for it to initialize. Go to the INFO button just north of the jog wheel. This is your On-Device manual; it will walk you through and or explain all about every facet of the mixer and its capabilities. Versatility: Are you kidding? This could be the Swiss army knife of stage and studio mixers/recorders (yes it records too) you can assign any track up to four FX settings. If you are a singer, your vocals can be sent to every monitor, and or just the one that you are using. It is actually so crazy easy to use once you understand the basics. Every input can be configured for the overall amount of Gain\Volume to the MAINS, FX added, and where the actual input can be sent to the AUX outputs. There are basic and advanced controls. If you are a tweaker you can spend hours drilling down and refining or defining a "scene" or setup for any Venue you may play, and save these settings to recall later. To save you time QSC has literally done hundreds of presets for you that will abbreviate the FX setup and overall sound for each input. For example you can select from the effects a preset for Vocals - Male - Live and this preset will give you FX settings that have been optimized to sound great. Once you recall (bring up the preset) you can tweak if to your ears. Once you get this down subsequent inputs are faster. Features: Too many to mention, I would suggest looking at the QSC YouTube videos for a little briefing and detail as to what this can don and the best way to the task you want. I would say the favorite for me was recalling the vocal presets, they have allowed me to have a good sound without feedback. It is not 100% but with good speaker placement and some knowledge about how feedback occurs you can really make it a thing of the past. My singer loves this! IPHONE and IPAD integration make this even easier to use. The unit has a WIFI dongle that gives this it is own WIFI to be used to link your phone or pad to the unit to allow you the option of actually moving to each Speaker, Mains or monitor, microphone and or instrument that you want to setup in your Mains or AUX. You do not have to ask anyone to do a MIC check, you can just walk up and check it....adjust to your ear and move on. The IPAD will allow you full control to the mixer as if you were standing in front of it. If you have a high speed USB HARD Drive (SSD) you can record all inputs at one time if you like and import the data to any software. There are multiple wizards to assist you and don't forget you always have your product guide and complete manual with you at all times. I could just go on and on. Ease of Use: Like I said, I have a limited understanding of sound and sound engineering. this closes the gap and allows me to have a consistent sound every time we go out. I can say this, it just took a few attempts to learn my way around it, and the layout is very intuitive. To be able to get to any setting so easily is amazing. I cannot say enough about this. It comes with a nice case too! They literally thought of everything. Go here for QSC reference Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02BgtqrNb_c&feature=player_embedded CJWII
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"TM16 " submitted November 20, 2014

By Mike Cossey in Batesville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years playing off and on. Mostly I concider myself a songwriter musician.
Music Style: Classic rock, Folk Rock, Folk, Alt. Rock.....Country rock
Overall: The TM16 still needs a few things addressed in a firmware update, but that is on it's way.......I've used it at 2 gigs now and have been impressed by its functionality. (documented and undocumented) I'm no pro mixing board operator but learning this machine as I go and I've only "touched" the surface or what it can do....Sound quality is superb ..even with lower end mic's. And with using it's presets and scenes you can take your time learning as you track / record in a gig setting or as a home studio setup.......One last note....on my first gig I did not have the proper / documented hardware to record onto, a fast HDD on an external USB 3.0 case...all I have was a 16gb (class 10) PNY SD card and a USB 2.0 card reader / writer.....so I gave it a shot......Low and behold....it recorded onto a SD card..only thing I noticed in this setup was the counter on the TM16 would hang at times but in the end that did not effect the recording quality...I'll also note I used only 10 inputs.....I have sense upgraded to an even faster class 10 SD card....and a USB 3.0 Card adapter......next gig will be recoded on this setup...I have also recoded (2nd gig) on an external USB 3.0 120gb SSD..all went well there also.....I always complain about pricing and if something is worth what it's selling for...well it all depends on our individual life situations.....I had to go with the monthly payment option, and Zzounds hase been my goto place for that, Thanks Zzounds.....!!!

"Really Great AND a Bonus" submitted September 18, 2014

By Max P. in Englewood, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 30 year pro musician (guitar, bass, keys, vocals) and sound engineer (studio and live)
Music Style: Mostly classic rock stuff. Some Motown and R&B.
Overall: I'm not usually the "early adopter" type but given that I've been doing a lot of research online and talking to a lot of people about what would best meet my needs I decided to go for it with the TouchMix. I've been a big fan of QSC for a long time and own both K Series and KW Series loudspeakers (which I love.) Anyway, I've been playing with this mixer since last week and did my first gig with it over the weekend. First of all, it's built really well. It looks and feels like a quality thing, much as I would expect from QSC. I do consider myself somewhat of an audio snob so I was prepared for there to be compromise in the sound quality, especially on the mic pre's and effects. I was wrong. This thing is really nice. Great sound. Features that a pro snob like me would expect in any "real" mixer but at the same time I find myself using the easy-mode stuff QSC put in because, well, it's easy. Anyway, after over a week I can honestly say that this was a great purchase and I'm really happy I took a leap of faith. Oh yeah, the bonus. QSC marketing touts that the TouchMix and K loudspeakers go together well. That would make sense. But what I didn't know about or expect was the little screen in there that tells you where to set your QSC speakers when you connect them to the mixer. I have to say that it seemed a bit gimmicky as they are only telling you where to put the gain but guess what? My speakers actually sound better. Not better fidelity but more overall output and more dynamic range. It was a little bit shocking actually because I consider myself a pretty decent sound engineer but there it was. More output without distortion. It was kind of like getting new speakers when buying the mixer (OK maybe that's an over-exaggeration) but anyway, I'll take the free bonus!
43 of 46 people (93.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Band Loves This And I Like It Too!" submitted March 9, 2015

By Mark L in Juneau, AK
Musical Background: Guitar player, home recording, live sound, music production
Music Style: Rock, Celtic rock, Irish music, folk and fingerstyle acoustic
Overall: I'm about 4 months into the QSC Touchmix 16 now. I didn't want to write a review until I used it for a few different types of gigs. I must say I'm impressed! This is quite a handy little machine. I've used it now for small, medium, large performances and band rehearsals. Overall, very easy to use. I watched all the QSC videos on YouTube and, they were helpful but you know? It's so simple and intuitive that a person can figure the basic features of this board with just a little hunting and pecking. The "Home" button is always right there if you get lost. Also like the "Aux" and "Phantom" power buttons are always nearby and the volume/ controller knob is intuitive and handy. My first gig I used this for was a film festival. This meant several short films, all with varying degrees of soundtrack quality. I really needed to EQ them individually and boom, there's a main mix EQ right there! The event had an MC talking between the films so I used the "Male Vocal" preset on his microphone and he sounded like a pro! I've used this for two DJ style gigs, again, using the EQ to dial in a good room sound. No problems, got lots of thump! The real test was for a "self-sounded" Celtic rock band in a large venue with multiple inputs and a variety of instruments. I play guitar in the band so I had intimate knowledge of the monitor mixes, channel inputs and the presets I would like to try. The show came off great. People ran up to the stage just to tell us how great we sounded and, I know this is in part due to how great we played but also to the clever use of the Touchmix's presets and EQ! Since the show the Touchmix has become incorporated into band rehearsals. It's great because you can save your band's "scene." None of this, "Oh, I used our board for another gig and now everything is messed up..." sort of thing. I just recall our band's scene and we are good to go. I backup the scene on an USB drive once in a while just in case there's a meltdown but that hasn't been an issue. The Touchmix has been solid and has not crashed. If I were to say anything negative about the Touchmix it would involve a minor design feature that could happen. The screen could be a bit larger but, this is also coming from a middle-aged male who need glasses! The "Home" button as well. Great feature but I wish it always took you back to the 1-8 input channels. As it is set up now, it returns to the channels you were last looking at which could be 1-8, 8-16 or the stereo channels. This is something that the band members have found confusing at first. You just have to know that the different sections of channels are represented by a small graphic above the digital "faders." It's there, it's simple but you have to know about it. Other than that. This is a great product and it's obvious that QSC really did their homework on this one. It has way too many cool features to talk about in a short review so I would recommend checking out the Touchmix video's on YouTube. I wouldn't say that I've put this through a serious road test or took it on an extensive tour but I have put it through it's courses and it has been great so far. The band loves it and I love it too!
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Absolutely Love It" submitted November 30, 2015

By Chris K in Woodstock, GA
Overall
Musical Background: over 40 years as a musician, primarily a drummer but on the computer, I can play anything :)
Music Style: All styles
Overall: I purchased this mainly because of its ability to record without having a DAW - I figured I could use the transfer tool. It has performed flawlessly - only a couple of issues - USB drives have to be FAT32. This is problematic for Windows computers ... such is life. BUT, I have found that usb-powered, non-ssd external drives do work as long as you don't get real crazy on the effects. I have used this to run live, record and do both at the same time. The apps are great and work well. Only two wishes I have at this pout would be 1)support exFat or NTFS for usb drives and DAW support as a pass-through Audio Interface.

"QSC TouchMix16" submitted April 13, 2015

By David Shull in Cape Coral, FL
Musical Background: 30+ years, Drums/DJ/Karaoke/Vocals, Professionally
Music Style: Country, Rock, Blues
Overall: A must have for the sound professional. This little board has everything a sound person could want wrapped up in a small laptop-like mixing board. The only thing that I can say is a slight distraction is the reaction time of the touchscreen display. There are times when it doesn't react right away. As far as the operation, sound, pre and post recording abilities, this thing is great. One other small thing is that the external hard drive that is used to record to has to be formatted to a FAT file system. I had to do a little research, as none of the computers I have would format the drive correctly. Once formatted correctly, it worked great. This board has Parametric EQ, Compression, Gate, and Effects setting for each channel. It also has the ability to link channels and send the channels to Aux channels. If that isn't enough, it also has its own wireless network so that it can be controlled from an iPad, via an App (They are working on an Android App). With this one piece of gear, you can replace so many things. It does require powered speakers, or an amplifier to work. I am currently using it with the QSC K-12s and a Bose Tower, and love its ease of operation. One more feature that will save the sound person a lot of time is its ability to save all the settings for either an individual channel, or the entire scene, which can be recalled later. This keeps from having to start from scratch every time you set up.

"Upped my game" submitted April 14, 2015

By Gregory Scott in Owensboro, KY
Musical Background: 25 years in music, solo acoustic singer/songwriter
Music Style: Everything from Johnny Cash to Deftones...
Overall: The Touchmix 16 is quite possibly the finest mixer I've owned and has become irreplaceable in the 2 months and 30 or so gigs I've played with it in my rig. Seriously, everywhere I play, I get complimented on my sound. Out of the box it rocked me and with some tuning to venue, it has literally been the reason for a well deserved rate increase. Easy to use, a ton of switchable aux outs and 4 effects engines. Add an external hard drive and you have the capability to record each channel to separate tracks..just import to your DAW and mix your live recordings the way you want. 2 words: BUY IT!

"All You Need!" submitted February 26, 2016

By David Stotts in Newton, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Bass with 45 years of music bliss!
Music Style: Any thing music.
Overall: This is one outstanding digital mixer. QSC keeps making firmware updates to improve a already great mixer. Love the sound, ease, and flexibility of this all in one mixer board.

"A MUST have!!" submitted November 2, 2014

By Felix F in Tingwick, QC
Overall
Musical Background: I been playing guitar for 19 years, Sound engineer for the last 8 years
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Pop, R&B, Country, Reggae,
Overall: I'm a guitarist working 6 nights a week in 5 stars hotel around the world and I got the TM-16 3 weeks ago. I'm use to get to the gig, and then try to figure out what we will do, how we will compromise to get the best sound with the equipments that those hotel provide us. I must say, the Touchmix is one of the best investments I've made for myself and my band! I was amazed by how easy it has been for me to do a proper sound check in a very short laps of time. I set up the mixer the night before with the channels name and I imported the proper presets, for the room that I'm playing in, that we're already inside the TM-16. The next day, I did the soundcheck, adjusted input gain, EQs and dynamic processing. Then all my teammates adjusted their own mix for their IEM system via their iPads. BINGO!! And the fact that I was able to be in front of the stage to adjust the mix via my iPad made the whole thing soooo much faster and simpler. Didn't have to run back and forth of the stage to do the adjustments. I was a little bit sceptical about the sound quality of the mic preamps but no, it's really good. Awesome job QSC!!
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"QSC 16" submitted August 23, 2015

By Tom C in West Warwick , RI
Overall
Musical Background: Producer,Performer & Studio owner...
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classic Rock, Metal, Classical.
Overall: Very intuitive board! Well put together piece of equipment... I highly recommend it. It is very intuitive and easy to navigate through the menus...I am a very satisfied customer! TC

"A must have for any band" submitted October 12, 2014

By Jerry C in holyoke, MA
Musical Background: playing for 20 yrs bass player
Music Style: 90's rock
Overall: I did a lot of online searching and reading reviews before i bought this mixer just received it the other day and all i can say is this mixer is amazing...right out of box easy to use set up whole band in less than 2 hrs thats with a new drive rack also totally worth every penny i spent...

"Very Efficient mixer." submitted November 26, 2014

By Andrew S in Madison, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Live sound, production, recording.
Music Style: Everything
Overall: This is exactly what I wanted and more! Great navigation, amazing sound quality.

"The TouchMix 16 with a pair of K12s & KW181 Subs......." submitted February 26, 2015

By Gregg Carlson in Wilmington, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Studio Owner, Keyboards, Harmonica, Sax, Drums, Bass, Guitars, Vocals, & whatevers
Overall: You can't get better quality & ease of setup in my experience which is longer than I like to admit! Go for the real sound you're looking for & stop listening to the people balking at the cost difference!

"So far, so good." submitted December 29, 2014

By Mike W in Brooklyn Park, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Full/part time for 37 years.
Music Style: Wide variety. Whatever works.
Overall: The first mixer I received did not function. No signal. I called QSC support and they told me to update the firmware which I did and the unit worked. For about a half hour. I called again and described the symptoms and was told they would send me a return sticker and they would overnight another mixer. After several days with no sticker I called again and talked to the same person who assured me the sticker would be in my email buy the end of the day. Of course that did not happen. So I called zZounds and they exchanged the mixer. The new mixer works as it should. We've done several shows now and it performs above and beyond what we expected. Our monitor mixes are clearer and easier to hear. This unit with the KW series speakers replaces hundreds of pounds of gear with a huge footprint. We no longer have a rolling rack with mixing board, effects and power amps taking up real estate. The Touchmix is about the size of a laptop and can go anywhere because we mix with an iPad that can be passed around. We've been able to record every performance using an external hard drive into the usb port. Super easy to import into a DAW. We can also save scenes for the different venues we play. I'll score QSC's customer support two stars because they really dropped the ball. I should have dealt with zZounds right off the bat.

"QSC TouchMix 16" submitted April 9, 2015

By JW S in Fort Myers, FL
Musical Background: Professional - 5+ shows a week
Music Style: Island rock, Rock, Blues
Overall: Not impressed with sound, My Allen Heath MixWizard 16 blows this the QSC Touch away. We use all QSC equipment 3-KW-153s, 2-QSC KW181s. 4-QSC K-12s, and 2 QSC K- 8s. I thought the QSC Touch would be a perfect match BUT left me feeling empty... Like maybe to digital or poor preamps. At our first show several regulars asked what was up with the sound. Sent it back. Still lugging around my old Allen Heath MixWizard 16-2… but liking it a lot better.. It doesn’t seem as heavy as it once did. Might work well with a low quality sound system but don't use it with high end systems.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-HGJ0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976