When you call, mention priority code 14QZ-ZJYL
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: QSC K12 Powered Speaker

Prepare to be impressed! Small but mighty, QSC's industry-leading K12 powered speakers push out 1000 watts RMS, filling the room with clear, defined sound.

"kills the competion" submitted August 5, 2009

By a customer from webtv.net
Musical Background: full time
Music Style: blues,60's soul
Sound: clear uncolored sound.I am the vocalist and this is the best small system out there.ran entire band[7 pieces,horns,keys drums etc...]great sound.wide dispersion.vocals sounded clear,strong[used a 57beta.easy set up.lots of head room.compact size and weight.exspensive but worth it. Feature: new design,durable?perfect so far.handles in the right places so its easy to move. Ease of Use: good manual.used a peavey board perfect match.prety much plug and go. Quality: too new to tell.fells sturdy.sounds tight,no rattles.lots of one nighters coming up. Value: a little pricey.the best usually is. Manufacturer Support: never used support.co.has been around for years. The Wow Factor: functional,clean lines,great design,not sexy.dark grey box. Overall: this should be the last pa we buy.great sound,compact,powerful.
54 of 57 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The best product out there for it's size." submitted October 4, 2009

Musical Background: Venue owner
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: They have the clearest sound of all speakers I testing including Mackies, JBL and EV. Feature: Gives you option for EQ which is great if you are doing a smaller venue and don't want to drag a sub in. Ease of Use: Very lightweight compared to the older versions making them easy to handle and putting up on poles. You have to read the manual for the different input options, but it was pretty easy. Quality: So far they seems to be very well made. The handles are very sturdy. Value: Expensive for the size, but for the sound they are better than the more expensive competitors like JBL. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. The 6 year warranty is something that the other brands doesn't even come close to. The Wow Factor: Because of the size it doesn't intimidate certain venue owners. Overall: The build quality, 6 year warranty, Sound quality above the competitors make this the best option out there for small to medium venues.
59 of 63 people (93.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Extremely Happy With My QSC K12's" submitted October 9, 2013

By William Woodard in Willingboro, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music (DJ) for 42 years. I'm a self taught home bass player.
Music Style: R&B, Rap, Old School R&B/Rap, Rock, Country, Jazz, Funk, Dance, House, Oldies, Blues, Latin/Spanish, Soft Rock, Easy Listening,
Overall: The one thing that impressed me about the QSC K12's was the sound and WEIGHT! Being a former owner of a pair of Behringer B415 DSP's, it took me a lot to jump to the QSC brand. The sound was phenomenal! At 1000 watts, the tops did the job. I have them paired with my Behringer B8100 18 inch subs and the sound great. The Behringer tops were about 75 lbs./piece and the QSC K12's are 40 lbs./piece! That was a big selling point for me. The new QSC KW 181's are about 80 lbs./piece so I'll be getting those next. My Behringer subs are an astounding 127 lbs./piece! The QSC also has built in fans to prevent overheating of the speakers. All in all, the QSC K12's are the best speakers out there for a sub/sat system. They're a little pricey but well worth the investment. zZounds has a great affordable payment plan that make these speakers very affordable. You can also get a six year warrenty on the speakers. That's unheard of! As soon as I pay the K12's off, the KW 181's are next!!!

"These speakers are absolutely amazing. I purchased them thinking I would return them in 30 days, but I'm keeping them. My clie" submitted April 16, 2010

Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: All
Sound: Absolutely amazing. Feature: Light and powerful. Ease of Use: Many input choices. Quality: I could use these as jack stands. Value: Don't go cheap, these are well worth it. Manufacturer Support: The company actually called me back regarding a technical question.

"Unbeatable Sound and Value" submitted June 1, 2012

By Anthony R in Islip, NY
Musical Background: Professional Club/Mobile DJ, Audiophile
Music Style: All Styles
Overall: The QSC K12 is an awesome speaker. The sound is rich and studio quality. The features are well thought out and flexible making it perfect for any application. I use these along with K8 for coverage and either the KSub or KW181 for a full bodied sound. And still have more than enough headroom which translates to a more detailed, clean and clear sound. The best part is that it's light and compact with a Alot of bang.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Sound and Value!!!" submitted June 3, 2012

By Anthony R in Islip, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Club/Mobile DJ, Audiophile, Sound Installer.
Music Style: All Styles
Sound: The sound is full, clean, clear and detailed studio quality. The bass is deep, tight and clean. The mids and highs are silky smooth, clear, detailed and non fatiguing. Feature: It has every input and output you would need with maximum flexibility. Whether you're a DJ or Musician the K12 has you covered. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. The controls are easy to read and figure out. Quality: The quality is top notch. Value: You cannot get a better value than the QSC K12. Worth every penny! Manufacturer Support: I contacted QSC with a question about accessories via email and they responded within 15 minutes. The Wow Factor: The K12 looks sleek and professional. Overall: I bought the K12s after having used them for about 2 years through a rental company when i do gigs in the US, Spain and Puerto Rico. They are light, compact and sound Amazing with plenty of power and headroom. They never distorted or clipped on me in the 2 years i used them and i push them pretty hard in different venues indoor and outdoor. I also bought the K8 and will we buying the rest of the K series.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"perfect for any application!" submitted July 30, 2012

By Andrew Cundiff in West Terre Haute, IN
Musical Background: 20 years, currently in 3 bands and host multiple open mics
Music Style: all the kinds that pay
Overall: I bought this as a personal monitor and for a backup main in case. I have yet to use it as a main, but I am confident it would be able to keep up. when I'm not out gigging I hook it up to my PC for sound...I maxed one power amp w/ pc level at 50% and media player around the same level, I could hear it on the other side of the block! I checked! this thing is rugged, too! it it don't survive the road I don't have any business owning it, and this thing is real strong! and lightweight, too! I have an old peavey monitor 15" w/ horn. I lift it up with the QSC and the weight appears identical, and they peavey isn't powered! my end goal is to build a PA out of these powered speakers and buy a mackie dl1608 to mix with. I love this product!

"great product" submitted January 25, 2010

Overall
Sound: I have always used the mackie srm-450... Purchased one k12 speaker to use as a monitor and at small events and I am very pleased with it.. great sound great construction and its not too heavy.... zzounds was also very helpful they priced matched as well as made sure it made it to me on time before my gig.... Feature: has rca input which is great because my rane ttm 56 only has 2 rca and 1 1/4 inch... i was able to hook this to my aux and still run the clubs speakers in the 1/4 inch Ease of Use: great product Quality: good quality... Value: expensive but worth every penny Overall: overall great speaker... a little more expensive then its comp but still worth it

"Great Speaker, Pleased with zZounds!" submitted February 11, 2012

By Steve Z in Watsonville, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Many years, vocal, guitar, keyboards...
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, Pop
Overall: First, I am not a DJ, just a dude with a band. I spent a lot of time looking at reviews for both the EV ELX112P and the K12. The EV was very tempting from a price perspective and the wood enclosure was also something that I liked, but what sold me on the K12 was the construction and panel options. The K12 seemed to not be so susceptible to damage, with more rugged handles, pads to lay down as monitor, mounting options, and the grill seemed to be thicker and stronger than the EV. I am sure the EV is a great sounding speaker, but I like things to last. Also, I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up at my door a day and a half after ordering! I must have gotten lucky, because they said it wouldn’t ship for a few weeks, zZounds must have found one, and the one they did was just 1 state away! As with all my other orders from zZounds, it arrived undamaged.

"Insanely loud and compact!," submitted January 27, 2014

By Robert B in Albuquerque, NM
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: EDM (house, techno, etc..) hip hop
Overall: Bought my second one of these through ZZsounds! I am grateful for their pay as you play plan. Used these this weekend at the bar I DJ and man are they loud. I was using JBL JRX115's before these and now those things sounded like toys compared to these. They have that real professional sound to them. When switched over to "deep" mode they have a good bump to them as well. It took me a while to pull the trigger on buying these mainly because I was trying to justify the price but now glad I did. I will be buying a Dbx drive rack to control the highs as they can get a little too high. I will be buying 2 more of these as I believe in always having back ups, along with some kw181's and ksubs. Want both for different sized venues. The 6 year warranty is also great.

"Excellent Product, Outstanding Service!" submitted November 7, 2012

By Fletch P in Detroit, MI
Overall
Overall: The QSC K series are awesome speakers, with great input and output options. The quality is high-end, audio quality is perfect. The only thing i would suggest as an improvement is a smooth gain knob instead of a stepped gain knob. I understand the process behind stepped so that multiple speakers are set at the exact same gain, however when using only one speaker, have set gain levels or steps can be a hinderance. Overall, awesome speaker and zZounds is an outstanding company!

"Yes, They're Worth It" submitted May 31, 2012

By Craig W in Springfield, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 15 plus years, professionally. DJing, production, etc.
Music Style: Every possible genre that exists.
Sound: Amazing sound quality. No feedback/hum when silenced like many active speakers. Crystal clear/sparkling highs and very well pronounced bass. The "DEEP" and other options are quite handy when used in the right environment. For the most part, I keep it 0db with a flat EQ setting and let my passive mixer set the levels ahead of the speakers in the signal path. As far as tips to make it sound better...there are none. They sound astounding from the moment they're removed from the box and powered on. Feature: The adjustable "tilt" is a nice touch, as are the numerous mounting options. Great construction that is durable, yet light. The icing on the cake is the little things: setting the front LED indicator to different parameters, daisy chain/pass-thru...they thought of everything and it shows. Ease of Use: It's too easy. If you believe there is a learning curb associated with operating these speakers, perhaps you should pursue another career or hobby. Quality: Very well made, extremely sturdy. Backed with a very inclusive warranty. The QSC website offers every component to the buyer, so if the grille bends, you can simply order another one. Value: You pay for what you get. In this case, you're getting a top notch sound. My clients have continuously raved at the sound quality. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them, but the long warranty is quite a testament to their product. The Wow Factor: When you play the first "test tune," you'll be instantly wowed. As a mobile DJ, I've test driven every type of genre with these speakers...I'm never disappointed. Overall: Amazing speakers that can cut through any atmosphere, outdoors or indoors. I A/B comparison with every brand imaginable, and yet, the QSC's still conquered them. Those who think otherwise are not well educated/experienced in the field of the science of sound.

"Thumbs Up!!" submitted May 21, 2014

By Chris S in Jackson, MS
Musical Background: I play guitar for money. 25+ years
Music Style: country
Overall: I have had a pair of K12's for the past 5 years and have played hundreds of gigs with them. They have ended up on the trailer floor from a fall more time than I can remember. This past weekend I was playing a wedding and my drummer had brought an unopened pair of JBL PRX735's. Halfway through the first set one of the JBL's quit working so I put my QSC K12 on top of his speaker. Needless to say the sub's knocked them off the speaker from over 6' in the air and landed on my SKB pedal board (pedal Board's pc board broke in half now). I plugged the QSC back in and it was still working. That is real life stuff that happens when you play as much as I do. The QSC's are the best investment in my music gear I have ever made!!

"QSC K12 Series" submitted September 19, 2012

By Justin F in Palestine, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have worked in radio and have been a Mobile DJ for 20 years
Music Style: All types!
Overall: I love these! Very clean sound, nice, compact, and easy to use. Great buy! The service of zZounds is outstanding!

"QSC K12's" submitted October 15, 2013

By Susie Huelsman in Waunakee, WI
Musical Background: 20+ yrs
Music Style: All genre's
Overall: I owned a pair of these and thought I would buy another set so when I DJ at large establishments, I would have phenominal sound! These speakers never disappoint!! I use for of them and 2 Electro Voice subs and they rock the house! I would recommend these to any DJ!!

"Mind Blowing" submitted June 11, 2014

By Tyrone T
Overall
Overall: These speakers are amazing I originally purchased The electro voice 15's but once I notice how they continuously go in the red and clip I ended up purchasing the QSC kW 12 these speakers sound exactly like the 15 but louder I've had them for about 2 months now and they have not yet went In to the red Or Clipped as a mobile dj these are definitely the speakers that you need they are small lightweight with lots of power.

"Awsome with clarity" submitted June 16, 2014

By a customer from hotmail.com in Grand Prairie, TX
Overall
Overall: Great set of speakers. It's a little bright and required some good EQ's to get it right. But, once you can dial it in, it's awesome. It has all the right features and flexibility built in. I like the K12's much better for small venue than my KW152's. The KW152's is very hard to EQ for a small venue due to the 15 woofer. The K12 however, was just right for around 300 people (with the right layout of the venue of course).

"BEAST" submitted June 30, 2014

By Vince chatman in Jackson, MS
Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: Hip-hop, Rock, Blues.....
Overall: AWesome sound, lightweight, smooth crisp highs & great range....Paired it with the QSC KW181 sub and had the entire building rock'n....amazing....if you can afford it please do it....GAME CHANGER......HEAD BANGER....

"qsc k12 " submitted May 1, 2014

By Roman Semichev in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Overall: Bought the speaker and planing get second one. Currently using JBL PRX 615m, after I compared them noticed that jbl 615 has more bass and more high, but qsc k12 sounds softer on high and mid is much better. So on my opinion qsc k12 is good for vocal but jbl great for instruments, this weekend will combine them on wedding party. qsc k12 will be great PA system with subs.

"Never Looking Back!" submitted June 3, 2014

By Geovanie C in miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and occasional amateur live sound production.
Music Style: Latin, country, rock, pop, reggae...
Overall: Excellent speakers. Everything from the low end to the mids and highs. These speakers deliver. If you're thinking about it, don't. You won't be disappointed. These are additions to my pair of KW153'S and KW181's. Also have a single K8.

"Great Speaker...Greater Provider" submitted February 1, 2013

By Walter English III in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician since age 15 (1994 - Present)...piano/keyboard and songwriter...
Music Style: Eclectic (LOL). My main workload is Christian and Old School R&B, but my "playing style" is a mix of "smooth jazz" and "classic
Overall: As is the case for many people entering into "financial maturity," I found that my parents were right: your "rap sheet" will be your reputation, not today's intentions. As much as I've proven that I will faithfully pay for what I attach my name to, my financial history is longer on the negative side than the positive one. I already own a QSC K12 and fell in love w/ the speaker 4 mos. ago (which I use w/ my Korg Triton Studio). My first K12 was purchased with another company, and had to purchased via my girlfriend, although I made all the on-time payments via her account. For zZounds to allow me the opportunity to increase my "buying power" and restore a positive reputation on paper means the WORLD to me. I'm a self-employed professional musician who has always vowed to buy TONS of equipment, for me AND OTHERS, once I was given a chance to prove myself. zZounds has done that for me and, unbeknownst to them, has benefited themselves greatly for having me as a customer...'cause a LOT of stuff is getting ready to come off the shelves over the next few years. :) Thank You again; the Lord Bless/Keep You All.

"k112" submitted May 31, 2014

By jamey h in flat rock, NC
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar,keys 40 plus years. have professional live sound production business
Music Style: Christian rock
Overall: Can not be beat for sound quality to size ratio. Tried all other brands and bought QSC.

"QSC" submitted April 3, 2012

By Allan G in North Lauderdale, FL
Musical Background: DJ services and sound System
Music Style: Soca and West Indian Chutney
Overall: Speakers are very great performance as well as sound quality. If you have to buy any - these are what you want to buy!!

"QSC" submitted October 2, 2012

By Saheed Mustapha in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professionally at events, parties etc.
Music Style: hip pop, reggae, high life, old school, naija jams, gospel etc.
Overall: The speaker is working perfectly and is the best in town now.

"QSC K12's" submitted December 31, 2013

Overall
Overall: Two words can describe these speakers. AWESOME SOUND!

"great product" submitted November 23, 2013

By phillip c in augusta, GA
Musical Background: dj
Music Style: All genres
Overall: A lot of power in this tiny speaker - great stand alone features

"QSC K12 2-Way Active Loudspeaker not for guitar..." submitted February 16, 2014

By Michael H in Amarillo, TX
Musical Background: 45+ years
Music Style: Blues rock, classics...
Overall: The K12 just didn't work for me guitar wise. Im sure its a great all around PA/FOH speaker, but way too boomy lows and ice pick highs and you must run some sort of post eq to use them for electric guitar work. I also received what Zzounds calls blemished, and I call dented K12, and spent some time doing grill work and painting it, so beware of blemished stuff cause it may be more than a scratch. Ii returned the K12 to Zzounds in better shape than I got it and picked up an Atomic CLR. Awesome powered speaker for guitar and no eq needed in most cases...I would recommend this FRFR speaker for FoH only...

"K12 and Ksub problems" submitted October 13, 2013

By M S in Biloxi, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I play bass and guitar in an acoustic cover band
Music Style: Rock, some country, some reggae
Overall: I Purchased (2) K12's about 3 months ago and then a Ksub about 2 months ago. I haven't gigged them much and have been really careful with them, as they're not cheap. One of the k12's went out and I had to ship it to QSC for service which cost me $80. Now my Ksub has an issue where it just cuts out and resets itself for no reason. NO telling how much its gonna cost to ship that. Very disappointed in these products. I purchased QSC products because of their good rep and positive feedback. Guess I just have bad luck.

"great speakers " submitted June 28, 2013

By e alvarez in north windham, CT
Musical Background: dj
Music Style: everything im a mobile dj
Overall: well worth the coin!

"Expected better" submitted October 28, 2013

By Sean P in Richfield, MN
Musical Background: Professional Wedding DJ for 25 years
Music Style: Mix of everything
Overall: When plugging in direct with iPod sound is flat and same with direct plug in for mic. I run my dj system to the speakers and they sound good. The bass sounds good but you need to put it on boost and switch the EQ almost every song. Played " Ghostbusters" last night ( by request ) and at 3/4 power and volume at 5 the speakers peaked! I used to have JBL EON's and the sound was better they didn't have the bass but they didn't peak for lame 80's songs either. Good speaker but not worth the money.

"Ok and over priced" submitted April 29, 2014

By John K in Lake Charles, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I own a nite club and throw party's all around the state
Overall: The red comes on entirely too fast they sound good but for some reason they were no where near as clear as ev zlx 12

"QSC K12 2-way Active Loudspeaker" submitted April 18, 2014

By Cherubin Sylvestre in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: guitar
Music Style: Christian
Overall: very good

"Not even close to 200W so forget 1000w" submitted September 11, 2009

By a customer from pacbell.net
Music Style: Rock, blues
Sound: Clean, bud does not compair to EVs. Feature: too may features that kill the sound. they tied to pack a mixer into this speaker, but every time you add more controls the sound suffers Ease of Use: easy, but not obvious Quality: no issues Value: Over priced for what it is Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: Never again Overall: There is no way this thing is 1000W - It's a LIE. It does ok with a powered instrument plugged in such a keyboard, but forget about plug-in a mc or a guitar without a preamp. There is no way you can do a life show. It gets loud enough in my living room, but there is no way it will be loud enough for an outdoor gig - VERY DISAPOITED in volume level
11 of 39 people (28.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

QSC K12 Powered Speaker Customer Review submitted September 21, 2009

Music Style: classick rock
Sound: Sounds clean, but I agree the 1000W is a lie. I have SRM450's and these speakers are not any louder (SRM450 are only 300W) Feature: I like the low-end switch you get a nice bass Ease of Use: I had to look at the manual to figure our which output to use Quality: No Issues Value: Too expansive for what they are SRM450 are a much better value Manufacturer Support: Sent 3 emails and got no reply for over 12 days now The Wow Factor: If they really were 1000W I would buy again, but these things are not loud enough for a large gig Overall: I just can get over the lie about 1000W power

QSC K12 Powered Speaker Customer Review submitted September 27, 2009

Music Style: pop
Sound: I lined them up side by side with Mackie's SRM450v2. No contest, Mackie wins. At flat mixer settings and at Unity level on the speakers, K12 don't even come close to Makies. The sound is flat and to low. No definition for mids and highs. And for the money I paid, it was a BAD deal. Feature: Simple to connect, but it's not 1000W. 1000W is a lie. It has two 500W amps that are not bridged, so at best you will get 500W. As compare to SRM45v2, the volume was at about the same level, but the quality of the sound made it sound much lower volume (because of the flatness). Ease of Use: Not obvious if both Levels must be turned up t get the full output volume and sound quality Quality: have not had issues, but I only owned it for 1 month Value: OVERPRICED Manufacturer Support: have not used them The Wow Factor: Nope

"MACKIE SRM450V2 compared to the QSC K12. Which is truely better in sound and cost? Look here." submitted December 7, 2009

Musical Background: Speaker Engineer, DJ, Sound Recorder
Music Style: Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop Remixes
Sound: i have 4 QSC K12's and 4 Mackie SRM450v2's. I lined one Mackie v2 with one QSC K12, and from start to finish, Mackie wins. No speaker on the market can possibly compare to the Mackie SRM450v2, none. Plus, QSC's are way overpriced. I bought 2 Mackie SRM450v2's for $1,500. I bought 2 QSC K12's for $1,800. Plain and simple.....NOTHING beats Mackie in clearness, deep bass, loudness, no distortion, and just the best overall speaker. Feature: I think the QSC's are nice, but not as good looking as Mackie's. Ease of Use: Too complex on the on-board sound mixer. Quality: quality is nice, but not as loud as they say it is...or as clear. Value: WAYYYYY TOOOO OVERPRICED!!! GO WITH MACKIE SRM450V2!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: its ok The Wow Factor: its look needs improvement Overall: OVERALL....Mackie is better.

When you call, mention priority code 14QZ-ZJYL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976