When you call, mention priority code 1589-KBRZ

Rating and Reviews: QSC GX5 Power Amp

Push your passive PA with a reliable QSC power amp for less. This 500-watt amp has a built-in 100 Hz crossover and GuardRail limiting to protect your system.

Overall

"The Brand QSC, combined with Zzounds, you can't go wrong!!" submitted April 3, 2011

By a customer from suddenlink.net
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Tejano/R&B
Sound: Wow! The QSC GX5 gives out plenty of staying power. The fans keep it cool, even on the hottest of days. I use this amp with my Peavey DJS4 DJ Speakers. The amps power works really well with these speakers. The sound is clear and very powerful. Feature: The QSC comes with light panel on the front. The feature allows you to see if the amp is clipping or not. Very usefull. Ease of Use: This amp has a varity of connection, suitable for any novice to use. It is as easy as plug and play. You know how important that is, for any gig. Quality: The QSC is very well built. Sturdy, compact and very manageable. Value: I would recommened this product to anyone who is looking for a top quality amp at a very reasonable price. Plus, using the 4 payment plan allowed me to buy what I really wanted and not settle for something I could barely afford. Way to Go Zzounds. I will definetly be coming back. Manufacturer Support: You get a 6 year warranty, what more can I say. This company really stands by it's product. The Wow Factor: The silver and black combination of color is sharp and very sexy. It really stands out. Overall: I will hold on to it, unitl it is time to update. I believe this amp will be with me for a good while.

"Truly the best deal in power amplifiers out there today." submitted August 19, 2008

Musical Background: Pro musician for 30 years
Music Style: Whatever they pay me to play
Sound: In typical QSC fashion, a great sounding amp. Way more amp for the money than I was expecting. Feature: Really, it's got everything I need, including a very cool built-in crossover for powering a sub and a top on their own channels. The GuardRail protection system is a no-brainer. Ease of Use: Lots of inputs and outputs. Thoughtfully done. Quality: It's a QSC. 6 year warranty free online. What else is there to say. Value: Yes. I think it's the best deal in amplifiers out there. I'm buying more. Manufacturer Support: In all my years of owning QSC products (I'm old) I've only had to contact their tech support once and I was impressed that I got a live body on the phone right away. Overall: Really happy with it.
42 of 43 people (97.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"UNDER $400 AND CANNOT BE TOPPED!!" submitted January 12, 2013

By DJ BILL in TAMPA, FL
Musical Background: DJ/SOUND TECH AUDIOPHILE SINCE 1988
Music Style: ALL TYPES
Overall: OK, I used the Behringer EP 4000 claiming 550@8 ohms per side continuous, Crown XLS 5000 hitting the 600.00 mark and 440@8 ohms clean, and this going at 500@8 ohms clean. Hooked to EV TOUR X 18 SUBS, power hungry in the 35-100 hz range. Crown sounded ok till "bassy" Hip Hop songs hit, it LOST it's clarity and peaked badly trying to keep up. The EP 4000 fared better, did not clip like the Crown, but couldn't "handle" the BOOM BOOM which as a DJ you MUST HAVE!! The GX, Clean, Cool, Kept up with it's Big Brother(GX7) and almost at clip did produce the BASS, BASS, and more BASS! I would NOT push this to EV TOUR X 18 SUB levels constantly, but my EV ZX5's LOVE THE GX5, and they are rated at 600 continuous watts, but the GX5 pushes them at 120hz and up all night at ear bleeding volumes!! Need MORE, go GX7, but for 99% THIS AMP WILL DO ALL YOU NEED, AND KEEP KICKING!!

"Light weight MONSTER!" submitted May 24, 2012

By Brian s in huntingdon, PA
Musical Background: bass player for 30+ years
Music Style: classic rock, country, blues
Overall: We have been using this to power our mains (PV215's -700 watts at 4ohms. This thing is a perfect match!) and it works like a dream. Serious, clean power. Others have complained about the fan noise...in a live setting, it isn't an issue.The only con I have with this unit is that the knobs on the face seem cheap but other than that it is solid. Couldn't be happier! I was really surprised at how clean and crisp this thing is. As soon as I can, I will be purchasing another one.

"Satisfied by the GX5!" submitted November 9, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician, Composer, Worship Leader
Music Style: Chanting, Electronic, Rhythmic
Sound: Boomy, clean, full range, amazing sound. Awesome! Feature: The QSC GX500 has everything I need, and nothing I don't. Simple, easy to use, but at the same time cool features like the Guardrail system and optional sub-crossover. Nice manual with no-nonsense, pictorial descriptions of what you can and cannot (or should not) do with the amplifier. QSC keeps it simple with minimal flash, an ALL-METAL case, and clearly-labeled ins and outs. NOTES: you can use SPEAKon and/or 1/4" speaker outputs--nice to have options!= Ease of Use: Like I said, couldn't be simpler for the features. I was shocked at how fast I had it working. Value: All in all, the best amp for your money, hands down. Amazing sound, ease of use, and super long warranty. Manufacturer Support: FREE 6 YEAR WARRANTY. Let me repeat that: this product, if you register it online, comes with a 6 YEAR WARRANTY. You're simply not going to beat that. SO nice to see a company stand behind its product. Solid. The Wow Factor: Silver and black. Nice. Overall: Great value, 6 year warranty, great sound, like I said, you can't go wrong. QSC is a real company, all substance and no gimmicks. Go for it!

QSC GX5 Power Amp Customer Review submitted November 7, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician in a rock cover band
Music Style: rock & dance
Sound: The sound is very high quality and very musical. Feature: The built in crossover is nice feature, but it cannot be bridged which can be a drawback for some applicaitons. Ease of Use: Turn it on and go! Quality: The connectors in back feel great when connecting various cable types. the front knobs and casing feel a little cheap & pasticy Value: You get so much power & QSC reliability for a very good price. You can also get a 6 year warranty if you register the amp online. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: n/a, its an amp Overall: I expect to be performing with this amp in my PA for many years to come.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing." submitted August 30, 2012

By Alex L in columbus, OH
Overall
Overall: I play my bass guitar through a Tech 21 Sansamp RPM rackmount pre-amp to the GX5 to power my Hartke AK410 and AK115 bass cabinets. I love it. The GX5 has so many POWERFUL options to run a bass rig. Anywhere from 500w to a single 8 ohm cab, all the way up to 1400w if you want to run two full stacks @ 4 ohms each. Just think of running TWO SVT810 cabs with one $400 amp! Amazing. Bass players, this is THE power amp to get! Non-bass players, the GX5 has enough power and options to handle almost any application.

"Awesome!" submitted June 26, 2014

By bob z
Musical Background: 30 years of bass guitar playing in bands
Music Style: classic to hard rock
Overall: I cant get over how easy it is to get equipment shipped to your front door from these guys, I was looking for a power amp for a pair of pv2515 pa speakers, I don't know much about the workings, so I called and asked many "stupid" questions. The answers were professional, informative and I actually learned a few things! I ordered this amp on a thursday night at about 9:30 P.M. Would you believe it was on my doorstep saturday morning!!! This is my third purchase from these guys and I Promise you, I will not go any where else! The amp turns out to be a perfect match for the speakers I have and once everything was hooked up, I seen why, These speakers NEVER sounded this good!!! excellent recommendation by the staff member I talked to, unfortunately dont remember his name. I love ZZOUNDS! Only wish they'd give return customers longer payment plan options! LOL!

"QSC GX5 Power Amplifier" submitted January 22, 2014

By James Langhans in Windsor, VT
Overall
Overall: The QSC GX5 Power Amplifier is a great value of performance with functionality. The switchable crossover selector and the simplified mono input feature for two-channel output are what stand out in this price range. Frequency response ranges are industry standard. The manufacturers 3 year warranty is what sold me.

"QSC GX5 Wow" submitted May 11, 2014

By Stevie W in Long Beach, NY
Musical Background: Djing
Music Style: Rock, Reggae, R&B & Hip Hop
Overall: The QSC GX5 is a very good Amplifier, It put out very crisp clean sounds. Highly recommended

"Power Amp" submitted October 22, 2013

By Mike B in Garland, TX
Musical Background: Home
Music Style: Country & blues
Overall: Great Productt and Orderingade it simple to enjoy. Hassle Free shopping w/ Great Financing ...

"QSC GX 5 Review" submitted July 7, 2012

By Heath R in Union City, TN
Musical Background: 20 years in a band
Sound: Sound was fine Ease of Use: Very easy to use and understand Quality: Very robust and well made Value: A little on the high side. Though the numbers are impressive as far as wattage is concerned. The practical application them in real time of it left me hanging to some degree. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed them The Wow Factor: 2 Wows.....one good...one bad......1 for Wow this thing is awesome looking and well made........2nd....oh wow.....whenever it starting to shut down on me when in use. Overall: This amp seems to be very well made. I Think it is probably a good amp for monitors or smaller mains. I had trouble with thermal shut down at a outdoor gig last year and was a bit disappointed. The amp seemed to be underpowered for the subs I was running off of it....The subs were a good balance wattage wise but the amp didn't meet my expectations. I heard harder hitting class D amps than this one. But like I said....i think it would be ok for monitors and Mains. Need a bigger amp to run subs.

"Get this amp, and load it down to 4 ohms per ch....it will sound great!" submitted August 14, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: ALL
Sound: The sound is great on poor speakers and great speakers. Clean power and weight...none of that new fancy-smansy digital rail power, or whatever you call it. Value: A lot of power for the money...blew a pair of Seismic 15T's after an hour or so Manufacturer Support: Called once, and spoke to a live person the first time. The Wow Factor: It looks nice in the rack with the GX7, but I like the weight of the GX5...makes me feel more confident in it's power.

"High Quality and Low Price do exist! The QSC GX5 has them both." submitted December 15, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: I am very happy with this purchase. I am impressed at the overall build quality QSC puts into the GX series of equipment, especially at this price point. I purchased the GX5 to power a pair of Peavey 115 mains and couldn't be happier with the reults. Feature: Since amps do really have many "features" other than output power, I can only say I am happy with the output power of the GX5 I purcahased. Ease of Use: It doesn't get much easier. A power button and right and left output control knobs on the front make for a clean look. Both RCA and 1/4" TRS inputs on the back sit right beside Speakon, TRS and binding post outputs on the back. Connections are simple and plentiful. Quality: This is a nice looking unit with clean lines and plenty of input and output connections. It is clear that QSC takes thier quality control seriously. Value: I couldn't find a better deal anywhere. Even if I could have, zzsounds would have matched it anyway. Why even look anywhere else? Manufacturer Support: I have not had any issues that have required me to contact zzsounds yet. The Wow Factor: For the price and quality I couldn't find anything else in this price range. Overall: Considering QSC offers a 6 year warranty on their products if you register online, I suspect I'll be very happy with this purchase for many years to come. If either of my other two Carver amps were to fail, I would replace them with a QSC product.

QSC GX5 Power Amp Customer Review submitted November 14, 2010

Musical Background: Perfesional DJ
Music Style: All sorts of music style
Sound: I use this amp for my 2 15 in. Peavey Loud speakers and they sound really loud. I barely put the volume half way and sounds awesome. Feature: I like this amp because it has RCA Plugs for inputs to my mixer. Ease of Use: It's pretty easy. Just plug in and play. That's about it. Quality: This product is really reliable. Plus it's backed up with a 6 year warranty when you register your amp online.

When you call, mention priority code 1589-KBRZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976