When you call, mention priority code 1570-X8GV

Rating and Reviews: Planet Waves SOS Guitar

This revolutionary guitar tuner features two LED light beams that tell you when you're in tune, making it the perfect tuner for dark and noisy environments.

Planet Waves SOS Guitar Customer Review submitted February 27, 2009

Overall
Music Style: rock, blues, fusion, alternative
Sound: Unlike lots of cheap tuners taht you NEED to plug in your signal path to use in a noisy place, there is no effect on sound since the signal is not affectted whatsoever. Feature: It does the job, but only for standard tuning (as any strobe does, so no surprise here). nevertheless, I would have imagined one could use it for a bass too. You still could, but it's less easy Ease of Use: Hey guys, give me a break: some of the reviwer find it difficult to turn the little knob!!! waow! Are you playing with ski gloves? Second, IT IS NOT A PICK! they just chose this shape for you to be able to activate the string with teh same device, but NONE in his/her right mind would think about actually playing with that think. it's first and foremost and mainly a tuner and merely anything else!!! Quality: For a $20 gadget, it's pretty well made. Changing the battery is tricky though, and you might want to do it at home, quiet and comfy, rather than in the middle of a gig Value: An accurate tuner for $20 that you can use everywhere and anywhere Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I bought it as soon as I saw it, cause I thing strobes are much better than freq recognition stuff, but Sabine and other strobe tuners are waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too expensive. Overall: I just use it everyday.

Planet Waves SOS Guitar Customer Review submitted November 18, 2007

By a customer from tugmail.net
Overall
Music Style: country, top party songs, cover band
Quality: Rock solid. Friend of mine has washed it twice (left it in his pocket) and it kept on working. Value: It's a very accurate tuner, doesn't require sound to tune. The Wow Factor: Draws attention every time I use it! Overall: I love mine. Have given to friends and they like it too.

"A tuning gem" submitted September 9, 2010

Overall
Music Style: alternative, rock, ska, reggae, etc...
Sound: With this tuner, I can quickly and easily tune a guitar in a noisy environment. It is great for standard tuning as long as you know approximately where your strings are. I can imagine an uninitiated user over- or under-tightening strings grossly with this (dropping or raising them a full octave), but it has never been an issue for me. Quality: Aside from batteries dying, these tuners have never given me trouble. Value: It's a great deal in a multi-pack of strings. On its own, it's a good deal. Overall: I have replaced one that "walked off" already and would do so again.

"It's a cool tool." submitted September 4, 2008

Overall
Overall: It's a little tricky to use at first. The E1 and E6 note markings don't relate clearly (at least to me) to "low E" or "high E". I somethimes get lost chasing an overtone. Like most tuners, I've gotten better results by tuning to the 12th fret harmonic. It's important to have all the strings close to the right pitch when you start. Anything beyond a minor adjustment from there means you're getting lost. I like how it's the same "input" whether my guitar is acoustic or electric. I also like how it works no matter how noisy the room is. I think the results are better than other tuners I've used. It's an excellent fine tuning tool, but not so good for coarse adjustment.

Planet Waves SOS Guitar Customer Review submitted November 17, 2009

Sound: Got mine free with 5 sets of strings at Penrith Guitar Fair and thought it would be a novelty item, but I'm VERY pleased with it as it is very accurate and easy to use. It has replaced all other tuners and I now use nothing else. Brilliant product. John, Cumbria

Planet Waves SOS Guitar Customer Review submitted November 10, 2007

Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Sound: Does not apply Feature: Pretty cool. A strobe tuner the size of a pick... a really fat pick, but a pick nonetheless. Ease of Use: Very difficult to use. Takes too long to tune each string! Quality: Well made and suprising size for what it does. Only $20 bucks. Value: I know it's only $20 but it's not worth even that if you can't use it. Manufacturer Support: Does not apply. The Wow Factor: I thought it was cool enough to buy Overall: If you want a conversation piece, go ahead and get it. Bet your friends how long it will take to tune!!! Don't even think of using it as a pick!

"Lousy tuner" submitted December 5, 2009

Overall
Quality: Doesn't produce a well-tuned guitar. The G string seems particularly inaccurate.

When you call, mention priority code 1570-X8GV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976