When you call, mention priority code 16HY-MWBL

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus StudioLive 162

The smallest StudioLive digital mixer packs Fat Channel processing, 50 effects presets, and a 16x16 FireWire interface into a remarkably compact footprint.

"Awesome Digital Mixer!!!!! Why Use Anything Else??" submitted February 6, 2014

By William J in Tuscaloosa, AL
Musical Background: Drummer, Keyboardist, Producer & Engineer
Music Style: Jazz, Gospel, Christian Rock, Contemporary Christian, Funk, R&B, Soul & anything else that pays.
Sound: The Sound is amazing! Is it the best? No. But it's the most flexible for the cost. Money Can Buy Better But Why Waste Money When All U Need Is Right Here? Feature: All features have been thought out and are very useful! Ease of Use: Anybody can learn this board in a matter of days. Its as easy as you wanna make it. Obviously some things are advanced but in a short amount of time all can be easily accomplished. Quality: Very well made. It Sounds looks & feels very professional. Value: Best Value on the market Overall: I recieved my StudioLive 16.0.2 on tues and I was up and running the next day no problem. I purchased to 16.0.2 to get accustomed to the Presonus user interface. I didn't want to get in to deep with a 16.4.2, 24.4.2 or a 32.4.2. This mixer is just like an analog board because there is very little you need the LCD screen for. Everything is done on the FAT Channel which is always accessible just as an expensive analog board. I'm also gonna sell all of my outboard gear; EQ's, Compressor, Limiter etc. This board has everything I need to run small sound gigs & studio sessions. The Best features for me are the ability to record live gigs with capture & also Virtual Sound Check. These features coupled with the ease of use is worth the price of any StudioLive. The XMAX Pre's are also great. Bottom Line this ,in my opinion, is most efficient board on the market. If you want safe investment this is it. Other companies(Behringer) may have similar products for cheaper but i'm going with a "PROVEN" Presonus company over a spotty track record.

"I love this board!" submitted August 29, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Musician
Music Style: All
Sound: This thing sounds GREAT! The X-Max pres are pretty decent but when you add the Compressor, EQs, Reverbs, and Delays, this thing sings. Feature: The Fat Channel on every channel, aux, and the Main. That alone sold me, the lights on the gel buttons are a very nice extra. I can see everything in the dark. Ease of Use: Once i got on YouTube to figure how this thing works, I love it. It's the easiest board I've worked with. Quality: So far so good. Value: Great price for such a versatile piece of gear. It'll kick your home studio or live show up a few notches. Overall: I'll have it for years
25 of 27 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Presonus 16.0.4" submitted August 30, 2012

By Gary Platt in Berkekeley, CA
Musical Background: Music Degree / MBA degree Play numerous instruments
Overall: WOW, I've worked on BIG consoles all my life, and THIS console is every bit as good or better than ANY of them. AMAZING features, AMAZING price point. I have been giddy since I got this, and the people in our audiences say we sound incredible. I attribute that to the PreSonus 16.0.4 (and my Meyers speakers, what a combination) I could not be happier!!

"GLAD I GOT IT" submitted April 30, 2014

By Ronald McIntosh, Jr. in Jackson, MS
Musical Background: Organ, Keys, Drums
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: I needed a mixer that I could use to record 9am services. I couldn't afford the 24.4.2 to replace our current analog mixer so I grabbed the 16.0.2. I was able to record 16 tracks to Capture even though the 16.0.2 has 4 stereo inputs. I would highly recommend this or ANY Presonus mixer for whatever you need.

"Buyer Beware - But Also this Board is AWESOME" submitted March 6, 2012

By Tyler J in Salt Lake City, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Touring and Recording Musician.
Music Style: Professionally - All styles. Personal - Rock/Blues/Alternative
Overall: This board sounds phenomenal! Forget outboard recording gear - (unless you own an LA-2A) this thing functions and sounds fantastic before the sound even gets to the DAW. Easy to use. so WHY "Buyer Beware?" CHECK YOUR FIREWIRE CHIPSETS BEFORE YOU BUY THE BOARD. I had a presonus firepod for 3 years before I bought this board and everything worked fine - this board did not work the same. I had to buy a different firewire interface card for the system to function correctly.

"PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital Mixer" submitted December 3, 2013

By Nate S
Overall
Music Style: indie, electronic, rock, blues, hip hop
Overall: This is a very, very good product! It's very easy to use and it will fit most small to medium venue needs. It's very easy to learn and everyone from intro level sound guys or musicians to experts can use it to it's full potential, no problem. Awesome bang for the buck value. Recording is easy and very effective for jamming and band practice. Can't say enough good things about it. HOWEVER, it is very limited compared to the 16.4.2 model. If you are looking to do more and want something that will last you for the rest of your life, I would get the next model up, the 16.4.2. You can stack that model and there are a lot more features that are available, that you won't get with the 16.0.2. The only thing I wish is that the 16.0.2 is stackable to the 16.4.2. That way if you do decide to upgrade, you don't have to get rid of one to justify purchasing another. Other than that, if you wanna go big or go home, save the extra $500 and go for the 16.4.2.

"Once you try it you will never go back to analog for recording." submitted October 20, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and Studio Owner
Music Style: rock and country
Sound: The quality of this mixer is great. I am using it mainly in a home recording studio set up and it works great with all my recording software. As far as using it live to mix bands I will be willing to buy the 16.4.2 or the 24 channel Presonus mixers later on. Ease of Use: Navigating around is simply by the touch of a button. Quality: As far as I can tell the mixer is made great. Value: Of course I will rate it low cause no one wants to pay out any high price for anything. Then again for the most part this mixer is well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I am a big fan of Presonus, but I wish you could daisy chain it to another one or perhaps another Presonus interface to get more channels. This is the only fault I have with this mixer. The Wow Factor: Just looking at the Presonus mixers made me want one just by how it was designed. Overall: I plan on keeping it for a long time. However, if I do set it aside it will be to do an upgrade on one of the bigger mixers that Presonus has out.

"THE BEST FOR THE MONEY!" submitted May 15, 2014

By TONY TROMBO in SPRING HILL, TN
Musical Background: Radio Show host
Music Style: www.TonyTrombo.com
Overall: The 16.0.2 is a great mixer! Small in size and with well thought out design. VERY quiet board! Turn it all the way up... no hiss! The SMAART technology feature is very useful. MIDI IN is helpful. I've yet to find why there's a MIDI OUT, as the board doesn't seem to transmit any MIDI data. great for the money!

"Great Piece of Equipment" submitted February 20, 2014

By Pasquale Liuzzi in North Haven, CT
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a drummer, been playing live shows since I was 13 and drumming since I was 9
Music Style: Indie Alternative Rock
Overall: This mixer's full of a ton of useful features, excellent compression and pre EQs for recording purposes as well as live performances. However, it's a bit confusing on adding effects to each track, the manual isn't all that helpful and neither are the 20 minute long video tutorials PreSonus has available. All in all it is an excellent mixer for recording , very impressed with the results, take a listen to it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR-vDrjDRTI

"very nice" submitted October 25, 2012

By Steve W in FAIRPORT, NY
Musical Background: been playing for 40 years, gig on a regular basis
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: I am very happy with the new mixes. As I am new to digital boards, I am going through a learning curve. So far so good. The sound quality is excellent and much cleaner than the Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro I have been using. This is not a knock on Mackie, but the Presonus is a newer design. I also like the fact that I can get rid of a rack of effects. My goal has been to have better, lighter and smaller equipment and this fits.

"1602 Roks" submitted March 25, 2012

Musical Background: 30+ Years
Music Style: Neuvo Flamenco, Jazz, Rock
Overall: We just decided to go digital for out set ups for live and we had a pleasant experience using it to record as well. We play a lot of smooth jazz and nuevo flamenco rumba style music. Two guitars, bass, percussion into the board and we could not be happier with the sound. We run the board to two QSC K 8 Speakers.

"StudioLive 16.0.2" submitted May 14, 2014

By Warren T in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: guitarist/pianist. 8 yrs. project studio engineer.
Music Style: Blues, Christian, Rock, hip-hop.
Overall: I would say flawless. The firewire connecting is a bit iffy. Though it does work it gets to cracking up with low latency use.

"Great Product" submitted November 25, 2013

By Michael B in Boulder, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I am not a musician.
Overall: I would not hesitate to recommend this product. And, of course, the zZounds service was excellent.

"great mixer" submitted March 15, 2014

By wes j in bethlehem, PA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: all types of music
Overall: new purchase. there is a learning curve with it but works well great sounds perfect for home studio

"PreSonus StudioLive16.0.2" submitted May 14, 2014

By Keith Nowalski in Henderson, NV
Musical Background: A-1 Sound Engineering
Music Style: Gospel, R&B, Reggae and Jazz
Overall: I love the PreSonus 16.0.2 everything I want, but I should have gotten the 16.2.4 because it has a little bit more I would like to have.

"Excellent product" submitted January 10, 2013

By Jason F in New Castle, PA
Musical Background: Hobbyist and occasional professional
Music Style: rock and pop
Overall: I love my studiolive 16.0.2. I useit as my I/O interface and amplification for jamming in my home studio. I love the features, it feels solid, the preamps are good (for me an upgrade), it's very easy to use, the fat channel effects and eq are perfect, and the connectivity with the computer works wonderfully. The only two issues I've had is when I turn off the computer or soundboard, to get it to reconnect I have to unplug and replug the firewire cable. The issue is that presonus' customer service has early hours and I tend to always need help later in the day. Overall this is wonderful and I would definitely recommend this.

"Presonus studio Live 16.0.2" submitted August 21, 2012

By Pi b in Laurinburg, NC
Musical Background: Internet DJ
Music Style: hip hop, old school R&B, Jazz fusion
Sound: not sure yet Feature: seems sturdy, and looks great but not up & working full time yet Ease of Use: Don't know Quality: cosmetically it sure looks good Value: Typical selling price Manufacturer Support: Tough to get support...they sure know more about this than me. About (2) days for e-mail support.......Seems like, infinity, to get tech support over the phone, (not toll free, by the way) all I've been able to do is sit on hold, sure would like an opportunity to talk to someone from tech support, I'm trying to use this board The Wow Factor: Looks good Overall: Neat purchase, good Board....My learning curve is quite steep....not sure how I can use this ans an internet Broadcast host board. I'm still learning how to use the minimum features.

"PreSonus Studio Live 16.0.2" submitted July 5, 2013

By Victor Tarassov in Princeton , NJ
Music Style: Flamenco, Jazz, Latin, Rock, New Age, World,
Overall: I love this mixer it makes me sound the way I sound in the studio live. I Amax preamps really are clean and sound great. The smaller size is what I was looking for. The other mixers were just too big with a case to lug around. I use this mixer with my band two flamenco guitars, with mic and pickups and one drives a synth, bass and percussion and 2 vocals. We also run backing tracks at times. We are all very happy with out Studio Live 16.0.2 our sound guy likes using the iPad with the mixer. We use the Studio Live with 2 QSC K10, QSC K8 and Ksub.

"PreSonus Studio Live 16.0.2" submitted July 4, 2013

Music Style: Flamenco, Rock, Jazz, Latin, Easy Listing, New Age

"PreSonus Studio Live 16.0.2" submitted July 4, 2013

Music Style: Flamenco, Rock, Jazz, Latin, Easy Listing, New Age

When you call, mention priority code 16HY-MWBL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976