When you call, mention priority code 144T-Y3KX

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus Studio One Pro 2

Looking for a DAW? PreSonus Studio One Professional 2 gives you multitrack MIDI editing and integrated Melodyne pitch correction in an easy-to-use workflow.

"PreSonus Studio One Pro" submitted November 25, 2012

By a customer from live.ca in Ottawa, ON
Musical Background: Been a musician since age 10 so 35 years
Music Style: Electronic and industrial and electro goth
Overall: I am a professional musician/producer who had been a protools use for 15 years. After the 9 to 10 fiascoe I decided I had lost all faith in a company thats only interest was money. It cost $39 to ask a question at the tech line for gods sake. I'd had enough. I started looking at various other DAWS and came across 2 that turned me on. Studio One Pro and Sonar x2 I bought them both as they both had features that I could use and would actually give e more features than protools. Studio One is amazing! I worked with it for a couple of hours and was already writing a song. It is so intuitive. The drag and drop features are unreal. This product runs faster than my protools HD, doesn't crash every 10 minutes like protools HD, doesn't slow down or freeze like protools. I began to wonder why protools was the "industry standard" I guess if you tell the same lie enough times people start to believe it. I have to admit I felt quite sick that I'd spent 10's of thousands of dollars on my protools rig and $399 on studio one pro. Bottom line it's a far better product than protools. So much in fact I bought the presonus 24.4.2 mixer interface. Now it even sounds better than protools. My work flow is up by about 600% i wrote, mixed and mastered 6 songs in the time it would have taken with protools. The choice is obvious. Using studio one pro in conjunction with Sonar x2 has made the strongest DAW I've EVER used. With a couple of UAD QUAD CORE DSP ACCELLERATOR CARDS WITH POWERED PLUGINS protools becomes an amateur product to learn on. 10/10 great product

"Pro Review" submitted May 18, 2012

By Matt H in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Violin, Piano, and guitar professionally and run a live recording and post-production service.
Music Style: Classical, Rock, Pop.
Overall: I have to say, I am very surprised at the low review scores for this software. As a person that uses this software every day, I would assert myself as a credible source. I turn every one I can onto this fantastic software as often as possible. I love it, and here's why: Workflow. Th unique way this program allows you to start working on a song and then expand it into an entire album is not matched by any other single program out there. I have found that my full cd releases have become more consistent in their sound and more polished in their sonic presentation since switching to this program. It accepts any major format plug-in, sorts them beautifully, and allows you to work with all of them in a SINGLE SCREEN. I love the flow. I bet you will, too. Give it a shot! After a brief learning curve, I just bet you'll be a died-in-the-wool convert like myself!

"Awesome Presonus Studio One Professional 2 Digital Audio Workstation!" submitted December 1, 2012

By Mike Patterson in Arrington, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional free to musicians recording studio with all instruments supplied.
Music Style: All music accepted and recorded for free.
Overall: The Presonus Studio One 2 Digital Audio Workstation is the basis for our professional free to musicians studio.One of the highest rated DAW systems in the world for good reason.The software has full easy to use drag and drop functions and so intuitive...you will be recording in 1 hour out of the box.This version has SoundCloud Client...your music will be available world wide and with the new Nimbit add on your music can be distributed for sale from your studio computer...TOTAL MUSIC POWER! When you pick this total workstation you will be hooked for function and ease of use. Buy it and be happy!

"Incredible" submitted May 21, 2012

By Stephen W in Allenstown, NH
Musical Background: Professional guitarist and composer
Music Style: Melodic death metal, classical, post rock, ambient, experimental
Overall: Been hopping around from DAW to DAW for a while looking for one that suited me. Hated FL and Sonar, didn't care much for Pro Tools either. Was recommended this by a friend who owns a studio(I'm building my own), and am so glad I decided to grab it. I use lots of MIDI in my music and have 2 sound sets(East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum and Spectrasonics Omnisphere) and so sound set integration was key. Using Mixcraft bogged me down with tedious work as it didn't support multiple MIDI channels so I would have to put the preset on, turn it into an audio file, reimport it back in as a track, etc. and it was just a major pain in the ass, especially if I ended up wanting to change something(especially in Omnisphere which has so many presets and options that I still haven't gone through even half of them). Not a problem with Studio One. You can even load in a VST more than one time(so for example, you can load 16 MIDI channels on Symphonic Orchestra, but if you load more than one instance of it your limitation basically becomes your system memory). Anyway sorry for the rambling on that, but the MIDI integration is a huge factor for me. Professional also comes with dozens of individual effects, presets for them, etc. including a pitch correction(auto-tune) program. I have used it once and it worked pretty well in that time I used it(though to be fair, I was working with a very talented vocalist and she wasn't off noticeably at all). Some of the effects I haven't used yet(delay, filters, distortions, stuff like that) but if they're the same quality as the ones I have used they're probably pretty good. Sound quality is excellent, the program gives you various options on bitrates and all that jazz based on what formats and whatnot you're recording in. I'm doing my recording in a small bedroom and it sounds almost like the songs are being done in a full studio(I don't kill the dynamics with overcompression, that's why I say "almost" ;P). As for manufacturer support, there is an active forum for the DAW online where people swap presets, loops, etc. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a good easy to use DAW. Seriously, it took me all of 10 minutes after setup was complete to get my crap in order and get ready for making recordings. If you've used Mixcraft or Garage Band, the setup is pretty similar. The interface is very clean. If it had an integrated standard notation viewer for the MIDI a la Sibelius or Finale I'd be very happy but it isn't a big deal that it doesn't.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Presonus Studio One Pro 2" submitted May 1, 2014

By Jim Niemann in Effingham, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 45 years, Guitar and KeyBoards, I Compose, play, and record professionally for myself and others
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country Rock
Overall: I was using Cubase before and was happy. I didn't realize what I was missing until I upgraded to Studio One Professional. I bought it on sale because of the finishing Software included, but found it to be so much more. Amazing produce, easy to use after reviewing some youtube video from Presonus and other users. Great Product

"studio one professional" submitted September 23, 2012

By john r in novato, CA
Musical Background: starter
Music Style: hip hop/r and b
Overall: Just upgraded from studio one artist. Very happy about it. Very much worth the upgrade.

When you call, mention priority code 144T-Y3KX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976