When you call, mention priority code 158P-S83Q

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus Faderport

Get hands-on control over your DAW mixer. Write precise automation in real time with a motorized 100mm long-throw fader controller and transport buttons.

"A must have but a few problems..." submitted July 18, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Active Musician
Music Style: Metal, Piano
Sound: The Faderport does not make sound other than the loud clicking of the buttons. When installing, it does come up USB Audio Device. Feature: It has pretty much everything I need. The picture of the Faderport is outdated. The pan knob is now a real solid metal instead of plastic, however when I adjust the pan, the pan on screen likes to jump around. I am using Pro Tools M-Powered 8 and it gets the job done faster. I've been using the mouse for so long that I want to reach for it instead of the faderport but I will quickly break the habbit. When Im using Pro Tools I cant seem to use the "bank feature" to bank tracks togethor but I wouldnt use that feature anyway. On the "window view" section the "Mem Loc" is replaced with a undo - redo feature which comes in handy alot. (Like I said the picture is outdated). On the "Transport" section, the RTZ (return to zero) is replaced with a shift key to shift from undo to redo and other features. You can ethier click it and it will stay on shift or press it with an additional button at the same time to just use it once. You also have a user function but cannot use because it runs HUI in pro tools. Not their fault. To return to zero you press << + stop. I love the mix edit and transport functions. I can bring them up with one click. When you are not using the faderport the stop button stays on. I found that if you hold that down the "loop" and "output" buttons light up, then you click output and it shuts off. You have to unplug and replug the USB cable to get it to some on again. Oh yeah, it has a moving fader but you already know about that. Its fast and smooth. Top quality. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Had it running in 5 seconds (no, really) but soon ran into some problems. (Pro tools cannot see HUI device, please disable or something like that). But than it started working ok. I cant pan stereo channels, it only pans the left of the two pan knobs. I tried clicking on the one on the right but didn't work. Mono works fine other than that jumping problem. When you hit read, write, or touch the buttons dont light up like they are supposed to but I dont mind. By the way I did try it first than updated the driver but things got weird so went back to stock. Quality: If it fell off my desk it would surive unless it hit right on the fader. I could see that bending. Everything is solid though. This thing is bigger than what I thought. Value: When I first saw it I wanted it. more like needed it. The price seemed fair when it first came out. But now it's updated and cheaper :) Manufacturer Support: I plan on calling Presonus about those few problems to see if I can get it straight. I have searched the problems on the net and found alot of people are having the same problems in Pro Tools. They are using version 7 though. The Wow Factor: It looks useful, and it is. This is my first piece of Presonus gear and they seem alright. Overall: I am very satisfied with the Faderport.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very cool controller for computer recording" submitted April 6, 2014

By Jay Casmirri in Clive, IA
Musical Background: 35 years as performing musician, 22 years recording
Music Style: Country rock, folk rock, country, singer/songwriter
Overall: This controller is perfect for me, because I really only record or work with one track at a time. This provides the highest quality controls for one channel, rather than sub-standard controls for multiple channels as most other controllers offer. The fader has a great feel, and the automation works perfectly. At first, it seemed that it might not work with Logic Pro X, but once set up properly it is perfect, and all controls work as they should. I sometimes take this into my sound booth so that it is fast and easy to do multiple takes without having to go back out into the control room to restart the take/track. Also makes it easy to add a punch-in pedal to your rig right through the Faderport. I really love this thing, and the build quality is excellent, making me feel it will last a very long time.

"FaderPort - best value for money !" submitted March 7, 2008

By a customer from yahoo.no
Music Style: Rock, metal, electronic, blues
Sound: N/A Feature: I am amazed how well this little DAW controller works ! Ingenious ! Not only is it sexy, slim and sturdy - it integrates with e.g. Cubase 4 perfectly without any hazzle. Download the driver installer from Presonus' web, install the driver (which also updates the FaderPort's firmware), open Cubase and add the device as you would with e.g. a midi keyboard - installation only requires a few mouseclicks. And now for the best part : Instead of having to make room for a large multi-fader DAW controller next to your midi keyboard and other studio equipment, the FaderPort fits nicely between the mouse and keyboard (which is the most natural FaderPort location), making a LCD on the FaderPort utterly superfluous. No need to stretch out for those faders and knobs on the DAW controller. I love the dedicated PAN knob - it is very precise/high resolution/high-end like the fader. The FaderPort really looks and feels high-end - I am amazed at the low price !! Some reviews criticize the FaderPort's fader for not being USB-powered (i.e. own power supply), but really high-end motorized faders don't run on USB power. You might be considering a multi-fader DAW controller - either because they look more pro or because you need more functionality, but they cost at least 10 times more and take up 10 times more space. Buy a FaderPort and spend the rest on good monitors or a pro sound card instead ! I'm really looking forward to Presonus' next invention. Ease of Use: Couldn't be easier ! Quality: The best value for money ! Value: Highest value-to-price ratio ! Manufacturer Support: Web page/support is very good ! The Wow Factor: Sexiest little DAW controller out there ! Overall: Might be getting a multi-fader DAW controller in the future, but then at a much lower value-to-price ratio.

"Faderport is a winner." submitted September 26, 2011

By a customer from bob3.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Rocker, Future Rock Star
Music Style: World Electronic
Sound: Sound is N/A since it doesn't produce or record sound. Feature: Pros: The best feature of this unit is the motorized fader. It works beautifully and the touch is very smooth. I love the backlit buttons, for example the record button lights up red and the play button lights up green. I like the small footprint. Even though it's small, it sits solidly on the table and does not move around. Cons are minor: I wish the unit had a scroll wheel but given the small footprint that wouldnt fit. Unit has to be plugged into external power for the motorized fader to work. This is minor. Unit has no display so you have to watch your DAW to select tracks. This is minor. Firmware update which is included on the disk causes the motorized fader to stop working. Dont upgrade the firmware!! I did this and spent several hours looking for the correct firmware downgrade to fix the problem. Ease of Use: It was easy to get this up and running with Reaper although the shift key does not latch in Reaper so you have to hold it down. If you do a search on the Reaper formums, you can find an updated driver contributed by a user which adds the latch functionality. Quality: The unit is solid and seems very well-made. Value: Given the low price point this unit is an extremely good value. Manufacturer Support: I did not contact support. The Wow Factor: The unit is highly functional without much glam. Overall: This unit helps speed up workflow and I don't think I will ever replace it, until perhaps I get a bigger work table and a big wad of cash, and upgrade to a full set of motorized faders.

"PreSonus Faderport" submitted December 29, 2013

By Larry B in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing all my life, beginning with drums and ending up running scales & arpeggios.
Music Style: Country, rock, rock instrumental, acoustic instrumental, classical,
Overall: After receiving two "b stock" units that did not work properly, the 3rd time was a charm. This little baby makes working with my DAW (Sonar) a breeze. I highly recommend it for someone who is tired of mouse clicking tasks such as M, S, R, transport control, looping, panning, and of course, fader movements. A great little unit.

"Where's my controller? Need to control my software...." submitted May 22, 2009

Overall
Sound: Well doesn't make audio but da fader moving sounds like does on a big size controller Feature: So many features come with this little controller. Have the undo button incase u need it n Mean u will b using it a lot. Has everything u need to access everyhing u will be using in your daw. Only bad thing, well wouldn't consider It bad but can't control ur plug-ins Ease of Use: So easy to use. Firts time users will feel like they have already used it before it's guna be like using a mouse except with a controller Quality: Made like the big controllers n proffesional type console even the fader is well made... Value: Yeah it's worth the price expensive n great for the home studio Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them but their website has everything u will need just in case The Wow Factor: If only all the. Buttons would light up when it is off...but still looks good on a desktop... Overall: Expect to have it for a while since it does everything I need for now n den sum....great product if u need just a controller n don't want a big size console taking ur space plus look at the price....whoaaaa

"Just get it if you use Studio One" submitted February 26, 2014

By Ken Jacobson in Woodland Hills, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Berklee College of music 1966, Composer, Trumpet & Vibraphone player
Music Style: jazz, modern, film score, minimalism
Overall: Very well built, ez to use and saves me from using the mouse.Check out some of the youtube demos on the faderport there are a few tips that are not in the instruction sheet

"The PreSonus FaderPort... a little winner!" submitted January 4, 2011

By a customer from yebiisu.co.nz
Musical Background: Active Musician, Music Teacher & Hobby Recording Engineer
Music Style: Jazz, Funk/Soul/R&B, Reggae/Dub, Alternative, Classical
Sound: Well, given that this is a control surface, it doesn't have a sound :) Feature: I love that so many things can be controlled and manipulated via this unit! Having the motorised fader and pan knob give a great feel to mixing and adding automation! It would be fantastic if PreSonus developed a larger control surface for multiple channels! Although the purpose of a control surface is to eliminate the need for a keyboard and mouse, I've found that using a combination of all 3 things has made tracking, editing and mixing a lot faster for me. I mostly use the FaderPort for the fader, pan knob, mute, solo, record arm, channel select, window view, stop, play and record features. The features I don't use so much are the buttons for changing fader mode, punching in/out and looping. Ease of Use: This unit is pretty much just plug and play! I work with Logic 8 at the moment and most of the time the FaderPort and the DAW work well together. On rare occasions, the FaderPort will not sync and I will have to restart Logic, the computer, or unplug and replug the FaderPort. I think it may be a USB power problem with my USB hub but I'm not sure... Quality: Great quality product - the only thing I'd comment on is that the pan knob does feel a little cheap and it sometimes jumps or skips out increments in the DAW. It would be great if it felt more like the metal knobs on the PreSonus FirePods. The fader feels smooth and not sticky. It's also very quiet which is handy if you're in the same room as the source you are recording. If you were rough with this unit, it could be easily scratched or damaged but let's be realistic - it's a studio unit so why would there be any rough handling involved in operation? Value: Although I haven't really tried any similar products, I still believe that this unit represents fantastic value! Control surfaces with multiple motorised faders will generally cost A LOT more than the FaderPort. If you're going to use faders to mix, there's not much point having a control surface without motorised faders or pan knobs which don't spin right around because everytime you come to do a different mix, you'll have to reset your levels... pain in the ass. One motorised fader for this price represents great value in my opinion. Another similar product to look into would be the Frontier Designs AlphaTrack. I haven't used one but apparently it's very similar to the FaderPort so probably worth consideration also. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to deal with Customer Support for this particular product. The Wow Factor: Just to clarify, this section is about the aesthetic value of the product which means very little to me. Still, I'll commment. The PreSonus design scheme is pretty consistent and recognisable throughout all their products. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the purple/blue knobs on grey plastic look. I quite like a sleek black look with some nice vivid lights like what MOTU does. The motorised fader (yes, I mentioned it AGAIN) is very impressive and I like the clear choice of font PreSonus use! I personally think the AlphaTrack looks way cooler than the FaderPort though. Overall: I personally think that this is a fantastic little unit. It represents honest value and user-friendly, plug and play simplicity. Although it doesn't eliminate the need for a mouse and keyboard, I've found that it's made tracking and mixing a lot easier and faster for me. I am very satisfied with the product. If it was lost or stolen, I would replace it with another of the same without a thought. If PreSonus develops a larger control surface which represents the same value and user friendliness, only then I would consider replacing the FaderPort. Well done PreSonus - you've done it again!

"FaderPort Practically The Best, Get It!" submitted February 1, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer, Musician and Artist
Music Style: Hip Hop, Soul, Ole' Skool, R&B
Feature: Everything on this lil machine is just perfect for recording in your own lil personal studio but only fall back is that it only have ONE CHANNEL FADER. Ease of Use: iT Is actually very easy to setup and use takes no more than two minutes of your time and then you r up and runnin. Quality: Quality from Presonus is great. I Have many PreSonus outboard equipment for digital audio recording including the new, Firestudio Project which works extremely well. Value: For this product, it is da best in its category. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to get any Overall: Thank You PreSonus. Makes working in the studio a bit easy.

"Faderport is rock solid for your studio it is mine." submitted March 31, 2008

Musical Background: 17 years of Drumming and music performance
Music Style: Funk, blues, fusion
Sound: Does not have sound. But its awesome Feature: I really like using it for saving keystrokes on comands and writing automation is very nice too. I use it with Sonar 6 work perfect. Nice feature for my home studio. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, you just have to set it up with your software. Quality: Very solid and heavy, buttons seem to be made to last. No problems at all Value: I got this unit with the purchase of Firestudio Project by Presonus Very nice combo Manufacturer Support: The best kind I have not needed it. The Wow Factor: I am very glad to own it Overall: Well worth having it does save me time and effort on my projects. Likes nice and cool as well to have in your studio.

"Presonus faderport doesn't work...." submitted October 11, 2012

By Chuck C in Madison Heights, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 25 year musician, studio work, multiple records. Jam professionally and for fun. Play guitar, drums, bass, and keys.
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, r&b.
Overall: It looks awesome, feels awesome and seems to do the job with every DAW except Sonar X1. Just won't work. No drivers, no support from Presonus. It'll be going back for something else.

PreSonus Faderport Customer Review submitted November 10, 2008

Musical Background: engineer
Music Style: anything that moves air.
Sound: It does not make a sound with my Vista 64 bit computer Feature: I'd rate it higher if PreSonus would make it work for me Ease of Use: ditto Quality: Very sturdy, very clear intuitive layout, quality feel to the controls. Value: Ditto Manufacturer Support: They do not say it is incompatible with Vista 64 until after you buy it. They do not seem to have any plans to make it compatible. PreSonus has been good on other products I own, but I feel alone on this. The Wow Factor: Want it... can't have it. Overall: I'd like to see a software update so I can use it. I got brushed off. I can't return it because I held it too long while setting up and debugging my computer and Cubase 4 before I found that the Faderport is not supported by PreSonus to run on 64 bit systems..

When you call, mention priority code 158P-S83Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976