When you call, mention priority code 172K-1TWP

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus Eureka Pro

The PreSonus Eureka is a recording channel strip featuring a discrete class A preamp, FET compressor, and three-band parametric equalizer.

"Easily competes with "high-end" units." submitted June 12, 2007

By a customer from rosariofamily.com
Musical Background: Musician, Engineer, Producer
Music Style: Christian (gospel, rock, latin, contemporary)
Sound: I saw a review mentioning the lack of a tube. The Eureka has a "Saturation" knob which provides even harmonics, just like a tube. Sure, you can't yank it out and try other circuitry (as you would be able to try different 12AX7's or 12AU7's on other devices), but this unit is hard to beat, even with more expensive units. I'm not crazy about the eq, so I leave it flat and use my Neve eq's from my UAD-1 Ultra Pak. I recorded my bass at another studio via an Avalon and then recorded at home via the Eureka and found that the Avalon made it more muddy than warm; it could have just been the settings applied by the engineer. Feature: Dual balanced out (great for monitoring with one while recording with the other), impedance matching on XLR input (missing from Focusrite and Avalon), assignable meter (output/reduction), phantom power, phase inversion, low cut - the stuff you would expect (digital is optional). Ease of Use: You don't need a manual, unless if you've never seen a channel strip before. Quality: Rugged design, 1U, no wall-wart, metal knobs. Value: At this price, you can get 4 of them instead of one Avalon. This unit is not *cheap*; it is *inexpensive*. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Visually appealing, although the Mindprint is even prettier. Overall: I've been tracking vocals (with a Neumann TLM103), electric bass, acoustic guitar, and classical guitar through this and am considering getting another one just for convenience. I would absolutely replace it with another one without even thinking about it.

"If you want your studio to sound like a real studio...start here!" submitted February 16, 2010

Musical Background: Engineer, Producer, Studio Owner
Music Style: Country to Hip-Hop to Funk!
Sound: This is my first Pre-amp. I researched before I bought (not a lot of money ya know), and people said this is the best for the money....They are right!!! Feature: The Manual is a great starter for setups. I'm like mid-aged, so the numbers on the knobs could be a little larger for view. I have to put on glasses to see well ( I know other people have trouble with them too!) Ease of Use: Manual helps alot Quality: No problems to date. Thought I had a buzz in it, but found that a mic cable was doing the noise (whew...). I have some very hi-end friends who frequent my studio, and they say that my little bedroom sounds like a REAL ROOM! Well, when I first setup, I knew I needed a preamp cause it sounded like a rookie bedroom room. All my recordings came alive and breathed with the Eureka! Value: Got no money! I only need the best value for my bucks! Thank you Prosonus! I only wished that this was available in a stereo strip! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Impressive facade. But kinda crappy when you fiddle around cause you can't read the knobs. Overall: This made the difference on the front end of my recording projects! Even if you can't program it, follow the manual pre-sets and you'll be way better that when you started...trust me! I got a good sound on vocals and now I don't touch it. It seems to work for everything! Frigging works like magic!

PreSonus Eureka Pro Customer Review submitted March 6, 2004

Sound: I use an AW4416 my mixer and I wanted to a preamp for a little more control over my mic for more dynamics. I was so surprised when I sang a track using the Eureka,the mic was much smoother and the control over dynamics was impressive.My singing style is rather smooth but I'm very dynamic concious and I found no matter what I was doing vocaly,I could find a balanced setting. I'm Impressed. Money well spent. Quality: The knobs were tight and smooth,very easy to rotate condidering how small they are. This thing is made very well and it looks real cool with it's V.U. meter in the center and blue lights and buttons surrounding it. Value: But if your looking for a relatively inexpensive way to give your sound a unexpected lift,you can't find a better unit for the money. Manufacturer Support: As far as tech support, I haven't had to call the company for help with this product in anyway so can't comment there!

"Great Buy!" submitted February 4, 2013

By Josh Hopkins in Fremont, CA
Music Style: Hip-Hop/Rap
Overall: This is my first preamp, but I'm definitely impressed. I'm using primarily for Rap, Hip-Hop, and R&B vocals, and occasionally some acoustic guitar. I followed reviews for quite a while before buying and most of them seemed to be pretty helpful. With general knowledge of audio equipment, setup is very simple. The compressor and parametric equalizer are a nice addition, though I keep use of both a bit limited. I do like the saturation knob for warmth emulation. It can add a nice touch to the vocals. It was kinda pricey, which is why it took me a while to get my hands on it, but I'd say it's worth the money, and it's probably one of the best values in this price range.

"Holds its own against preamps costing over a grand more." submitted April 6, 2006

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop / R&B / Rock / Techno
Sound: The sound quality is comparable to preamps in the $1,500 range. I went to the Guitar Center to buy an Avalon 737SP and happened to see the Eureka (I had heard good things about it). So I decided to test them out using Blue and Neumann microphones. The Eureka had a different and to my ears, better sound quality than the Avalon. Of course, the Avalon was fuller because of the tubes. However, the Eureka sounded much clearer. I purchased the Eureka and saved $1,500 that day. I can't say that I regret it. Of course, there is always the thought of owning that $2,000 preamp...but my sound quality is amazing with this thing. Do not expect to record the next Grammy winning album with this thing alone though. It cannot compare to the higher quality Avalon, Neve and Focusrite. Of course, this would cost you thousands more. Feature: It comes with a compressor and EQ. It is full of knobs. I couldn't ask for more. However, I wonder how this thing would sound if the company took out the compressor and EQ and concentrated on only the preamp quality. Now that would be a pretty nice preamp. Nevertheless, it's always nice to have the option to compress and EQ before recording. What I don't like is that you have to pay extra to buy the firewire interface. Ease of Use: There are a lot of knobs. You have to know what you're doing or it can take you months to get the perfect sound. However, I have gotten only a very few recordings with this thing that could simply not be used because of quality. Playing around with the settings fixed the problem. Quality: Had it for over a year and it still looks great and there is nothing loose. Value: I have so far only worked with higher end preamps. I can't compare it much to the other products in its price range. I know this thing tops the Mackie preamps and EQ. I also know that this is better sounding than the DBX. And best of all, it holds its own against gear costing over a grand more. I own a Blue Robbie and that thing sounds harsh compared to the Eureka and costs double the money. I would have probably paid double the price for this thing. Triple would be pushing it a little too much as there would be a lot of competition in that price range. The Wow Factor: Blue lights..metal design...analog meter...come on now. This thing is sexy hands down. I like to dim the lights when people come in and all they can do is stare at the pretty blue lights. Oh yea...and the motorized mixer. Overall: I plan on keeping this for a while as I'm doing local recordings with this thing and even recording albums. However, after college I plan on having a huge studio and I doubt this will be my main preamp. For a value, this is amazing. If you have 10 grand to spend without regret, I suggest purchasing a top quality compressor, EQ and preamp separately. However, if you're like most people, I'd recommend this thing over any other preamp in its price range.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!" submitted December 26, 2013

By Rey Love in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 7 years of Music engineering, and 7 years singing R&B.
Music Style: R&B, Hip Hop, Techno, Pop, Dancehall, Bachata, Merengue
Overall: I've been using this for a long time now, and I would have to say its worth every penny. For the price your paying you get so much, it really brings life into your mic.

PreSonus Eureka Pro Customer Review submitted November 26, 2007

Musical Background: composer
Music Style: Country, R&B
Sound: I bought this unit because several friends who work at music stores recommended it. For the price, this channel strip is a must have. If your studio sounds like a bedroom studio...this will make it sound like a real room. Feature: The setups in the book helps alot. Ease of Use: Just follow the book and Quality: Solid. Looks good! I've used it live in the studio. Value: Worth the price! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Looks good Overall: Eventually, hope to get an Avalon, but if you don't have $2500, this gets the job done on a budget.

"Really great for warm vocals" submitted December 18, 2013

By Faatih L in Tulsa, OK
Music Style: Hip Rnb
Overall: Opening up for the first time there's great response to the akg 420 mic the hi pass is very amazing worth the money

"Eureka! I Think They've Done It Again" submitted September 8, 2004

By a customer from homail.com
Overall
Musical Background: drummer, project recording engineer
Music Style: post-hardcore, metal, screamo, pop, bigband, swing
Sound: Very Clean and quiet. I used it live and in the studio. Its funny because when i used it live i just kept cranking up the gain on the lead vocalist and the pre would not clip or hear any noticable distortion, even with the needle slamming into the red on the vu meter. Feature: what more do you want? It has a pre with selectable impedence, compressor, eq and a saturate knob. I used it in the studio on my snare drum with a beta 57 and i hit the snare pretty loud and the pre wouldn't seem to clip or hear any noticable distortion on this too, usually on the snare, in my exprience, the snare wouldn't require that much gain. I do wish there was more of an LED on the pre section besides the 3 LED's it has on it. Quality: well built clean neat and nice to look at too with its blue LED's and such Manufacturer Support: Very good, I had a question on a mail in rebate for the digital out card for the unit, and they answered it, and also the turn around time on the MIR was about a little over a week. Awesome!! ( I haven't used the digital card yet though) The Wow Factor: cute little preamp i must say, i want another one for my setup Overall: just read the reviews and hear it for yourself, for the price it is, it's a great buy

"Please don't compare the Eureka to an Avalon !!!" submitted January 28, 2008

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Engineer
Sound: It's ridiculous to even try to compare the Eureka to an Avalon VT-737SP. You're comparing a Volkswagen to a Rolls-Royce. I own both, so I can tell you that the Eureka isn't bad sounding, but not exactly warm sounding,and definitely nowhere near sounding like a VT-737SP. Even when you use the saturation control,it makes the sound muddy-not warm. It's useless. Feature: For the 500 bucks you shell out you get a decent sounding compressor, a so-so (stinky) 3 band EQ, the micpre is transformer coupled supposedly class a. The impedance selection is done via resistors instead of transformer taps. Kind of a cheapo way to impedance match microphones.Running the unit at the highest impedance setting works best. Ease of Use: It's not hard to use, just don't expect miracles soundwise. Quality: It's pretty solidly built. It's hard as hell to read the settings on all the knobs.The glare makes it almost impossible to read your settings. Presonus could have come up with better control knobs. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed any support from Presonus.

"every studio should have one" submitted April 24, 2004

Overall
Sound: the sound of this product is great.and it is just what I've been looking for in a preamp. and the presets in the manual makes it that more simple to operate. Feature: the look of the eureka is just delightful!

"Bang for the buck" submitted April 2, 2006

Overall
Sound: good for the money. best thing in price range. Feature: eq needs more balls, but very usable. Ease of Use: alot of knobs but not complicated Quality: seemd very well built Value: alot for the money Manufacturer Support: never needed to call The Wow Factor: sexy buttons and blue lights Overall: I guess when i make some more money from my music, this is good for a project studio with a low budget

When you call, mention priority code 172K-1TWP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976