When you call, mention priority code 14RD-9DW0
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus AudioBox

Bring your studio wherever you go! Powered by USB, this compact 2-in/2-out audio interface boasts 2 PreSonus mic preamps and Studio One Artist DAW software.

"a breath of fresh air to the home studio" submitted March 15, 2013

By Dennis S
Overall
Musical Background: most of my life
Overall: I have been recording audio for over 30 years, I started out in college learning on an 8 track tape machine and have tried just about every new way of recording since the early 80's. This great little interface and studio one's incredible software has transformed my recording experience, more in the last couple of months than I can put into words in this short review. I recorded my last album on a Roland VS1824 and mastered it to the computer and it turned okay but I can already see that with the tools available in Studio one and the great lil interface my next album will not only done faster but also cleaner and much better resolution, in short a much better product due to the new tools I have.If u are sitting on the fence about a transition from a separate work station or even still using tape to DAW recording than BUY IT and TRY IT I honestly don't think u will be sorry.

"Great Preamps, Solid construction, and a Competitive Price." submitted June 26, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist for now.
Music Style: Electronic and Indie Rock
Sound: I give the preamps a 10. I just plugged in my bass and was very excited to get a solid sound without having to fiddle with anything! I heard PreSonus made great pre's and they weren't lying! On the other hand, the playback isn't what I'm used to compared to my Audiophile soundcard or my Lexicon Omega that I've borrowed and used for a while. It seems to be missing some low end while using ear phones, but it may just be something I have to get used to. The highs and mids come through very clean and true though. I haven't plugged in my M-Audio AV-30's yet so I don't know how it sounds on decent speakers. I have a hunch though that its sound will help out during mixing. Feature: It came with PreSonus' Studio One Artist edition DAW. This was a selling point to me as it sounded like a high quality easy to use DAW that would compliment Fruityloops. I needed something that was easier to record audio into. The good: VERY easy to use, Great sounding effects (Ampire amp sim is top notch!), Comes with Kore Player and some great usable patches, Guitar Rig LE is of course great and covers almost every amp I would need, very usable loops. The Bad: I was super bummed to find out that the Artist version (which is $199 on its own) doesn't support 64 bit processing, No Re-wire, and the most offensive thing of all NO THIRD PARTY PLUGINS! That's right no VST's at all. This might not bug you if this is your first DAW, or if you are recording traditional instruments, but it's not cool to be able to use my favorite synths that's I've come to rely on. Upgrading to pro really doesn't add much besides un-gimping this version and adding a mastering suite. For $199, it just doesn't seem worth it; especially when I could buy a $99 version of cakewalk and have all those features and a similar set of instruments and effects. It's free though and it doesn't hurt to have another DAW environment to go to when you hit a wall. Other good news is the Kore Player can be used as a VST in your other DAW. I'm pretty sure this is the same for Guitar Rig and Toon Tracks, but I haven't tried yet. Ease of Use: This installed painlessly. You do have to sit in front of your computer as it installs though as it will ask you to plug it in at a certain point. My first plug in errored on install so it asked me to unplug and replug it in and it worked that time around. Simple. I did have a problem with Fruityloops freezing when I tried switching to this interface. The problem wasn't the Audiobox though. After uninstalling the drivers from my old Lexicon Omega it worked without a hitch. Quality: The chassis is all metal, yet light weight. It feels solid down to the knobs, inputs, and outputs. I'd have no qualms about traveling with this. It's not going to weigh you down and it's not going to fall apart on you if you treat it normally. Subdued and classy looks! Value: The preamps are totally worth the price. I am only knocking this down because it does not include a line level input. Not a deal breaker for me, but know that you will probably fry this thing if you try to record direct from another amp or pre without a DI box. It sucks, but I'm no electrical engineer and it was most likely done for a reason. Manufacturer Support: Registering the product and included software requires the creation of an account on PreSonus' website. It was quick and painless and it's easy to find updates and more, free sounds for the DAW. It also has manuals for all their products...That is except the DAW, but a good manual comes with the install files. The Wow Factor: Something about the tasteful blandness is very attracting to me. It doesn't need the bling nor does it need to look like a soviet era lunchbox to let you know that it can do its thang. Overall: I tend to hold onto my recording gear for a while and I don't think I'll need anything more than this for quite some time. I'm knocking this down because the DAW software was a selling point to me and it was too good to be true. Also, no line level input is a little bit of a bummer. What it does though, it does well, and these preamps are awesome! When it comes down to it your recording lives and dies with a clean signal. The Audiobox goes above and beyond in that category.
22 of 26 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PreSonus AudioBox USB Recording Interface review" submitted January 4, 2011

Musical Background: Active musicians and technician
Music Style: Classical and pop
Sound: PreSonus AudioBox USB Recording Interface This is a low-cost way of interfacing an instrument with a computer for recording. While frequency response depends on the instrument mic, the coverage of the Interface is excellent (I use it with a harp). However, there is some transistor noise in the background, due to the level of amplification. I find fidelity significantly better using a separate USB condenser mic compared with the instrument mic. Feature: Included software is of good quality. Manufacturer Support: I have not used support as yet. The Wow Factor: The appearance of the preamp is attractive and all inputs/outputs and controls are labeled.
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Great Great interface." submitted December 16, 2010

Music Style: Hip Hop, Rap, R&B and Rock
Sound: I really like this Audiobox because its my first interface. The sound is good but compared to other interfaces im not too sure since this is my first. Feature: This box gives you everything you need in order to begin recording right away. It came with the interface, cable to connect and two cds (presonus studio one ARTIST not PRO. And a cd to install the box itself on your cpu. and instruction manuals of course. Great for somebody who wants to record their vocals over instrumentals and such. Not too sure about guitar and drums because i dont play them. Ease of Use: very very simple....you dont even need the instruction manual just use common sense. Unbox and install the two cds then connect via USB. voila!!!! make music :D Quality: The quality on this is great. Not made of cheap plastic its made of some sort of steel. Seems like they can withstand alot of abuse. Knobs are good, not too loose nor too firm. Overall great build. Value: I think this interface is very good. I will be upgrading to an mbox (for protools purposes) but I cant see myself selling this because I absolutely love this interface. Small, portable, great build. I would recommend this to any beginner that is looking for a great valued interface. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with em so lets just say they're good. The Wow Factor: Looks very nice if your into the color blue...silver on the sides and black top. Looks very very nice. Overall: The ONLY reason I gave this a 9....which isnt anything against the interface itself. Its the software included. With studio one ARTIST, you cant master your music which is a real downer because without mastering your music you wont reach your full potential. Which is the reason im upgrading to an Mbox for protools LE which can master music. So if your into mixing and mastering your music, I would highly recommend saving a bit of your $$ to get an mbox 2 or even 3 so that you can get software that can master your songs. Otherwise great interface, I would recommend it to anybody but the software is the only issue that I have.
10 of 14 people (71.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Simple, Easy to Use Interface with Awesome Recording Software" submitted May 26, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician/guitar player, and songwriter
Music Style: Progressive & Melodic Metal, some rock and acoustic
Feature: For what it is, the features on this little thing are awesome. You've got 2 inputs for 1/4" and XLR, adequate controls and all the ins and outs you need. It doesn't take up hardly any space which is nice because I have a small computer desk (I place this interface on the keyboard pull-out so it's kind of hidden and out of the way, yet easy to get to). The best thing is it comes with Studio One Artist recording software. Ease of Use: This product is extremely easy to use. Very simple layout and perfect for plug-in-and-play people like me. Quality: This little box is built sturdy and isnít made of cheap plastic. The only issue I ever had was using it with another DAW; not sure if it was the interface or the DAW. In short, it seems this product is made to work best with Studio One which makes sense. Value: I think this is an extremely awesome deal due to the fact that the interface includes Studio One Artist (which I later upgraded to Pro). My only regret is that I didn't get the recording bundle (with mic, headphones and cable). Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it. Overall: I'm really glad I got the AudioBox and Studio One software. This was my first experience with software based recording and though the process was quite a learning curve I feel like Presonus has good quality and user friendly products. This interface/software deal is perfect for home or small studios.

"presonus audiobox" submitted October 17, 2013

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Overall: it is installed but i have not used it yet.Thank you.

When you call, mention priority code 14RD-9DW0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976