When you call, mention priority code 160X-S9X6

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL

More than just a 4-channel 96 kHz/24-bit USB audio interface, the PreSonus 44VSL comes loaded with reverbs, delays and more effects to spark your creativity.

"4 Inputs and a Microphone" submitted November 20, 2012

By Chad H in Longview, TX
Musical Background: Sound Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Christian Hip-hop, rock, blues, etc.
Overall: The AudioBox 44VSL gets 4.5 stars for me, I upgraded to it from the Alesis Multimix USB. The unit and the software bundle that it comes with allowed me to eliminate the necessity of using the Alesis 3632 Gate/Expander Compressor.The sound quality of vocals comes out clear even with one of the low budget microphones Im using (CAD 2200 GXL).FeaturesIt allows you to record two microphones simultaneously, as long as you can eliminate mic bleed this unit gives you the ability to multi track vocals or any other sound source which is really helpful. With VSL it works seemlessly with any DAW to gate, eq, and compress the signal and passes that signal on to the armed track.The setup for this unit couldnt be easier just plugin USB, install StudioOne software and power up.Quality:This unit is built solid, I havent dropped it and Im not sure it would survive a drop. But you would have a hard time crushing it as its built like a tank. Knobs operate smoothly and one can feel the notches as gain and volume is adjusted on the unit.Manufacturer Support:I haven't needed it, but the website built for support is great.Value:To go from the Alesis MultiMix with its budget Mic pre's to the Audiobox 44VSL with the Presonus Xmax mic preamps and the price is very nice. The Audiobox is worth the extra hundred or so versus any other budget audio interface or mixer.

"My first interface!" submitted October 17, 2013

By Rodney B in Kokomo, IN
Musical Background: Long time
Overall: This is my first interface as I'm a newbie to daw recording so take my review for what it's worth. Good preamps that don't color sound. 4 ins and outs for a variety of connect ability. Bought this over the 22 VSL for the line ins for my active bass. Presonus does not recommend active basses for there instrument ins. Line ins bypass the preamps so you won't overload signals causing pops in the mix. Have had no issues with connecting to my laptop. HP DV7. 3173NR . Will rede view when I get more experience with it.

"Really Nice Interface for OSX Mavericks" submitted December 29, 2013

By Patrick B in richfield, MN
Musical Background: Hobbiest for 25+ years
Music Style: Hard Alt Rock and Metal
Overall: I am an experienced prosumer DAW/hobbiest musician so I have owned a lot of the usual suspects. When my Motu Ultralite died I started using a Line 6 UX2 which has some really nice features. Line 6 hasn't upgraded their line in so long I thought it was time to move on so this is what I decided to try next. So far just one warning that I would give: this unit makes a lot of noise during transitions i.e. power on/off, opening Logic, etc. so just get used to powering down your speakers before you change anything. This is good advice for any interface but this is the loudest i've dealt with. The rest is mostly good stuff. I really like the VSL mixing console. It is very simple to learn and pretty straight forward but the Fat Channel effects seem very good and very powerful. One example: I usually use POD Farm for processing guitar but, just as a test, I started playing directly through the Fat Channel and I was very impressed that I was able to get a very nice clean jazz tone with excellent compression--I played that for an hour or so it was so liquid sounding. With the UX2 I got used to using standalone versions of POD Farm, Sample Tank and Toontrack Solo instead of opening Logic just to practice. The VSL mixer integrates perfectly with these apps and you actually get 2 sets of "inputs" so, for example, I can have POD Farm on 1/2 and Solo on 3/4 to run through separate Fat Channel presets! Very cool and very useable. Presets on the mixer are nice as well. You can save whole Scenes, Individual Fat Channels, or FX level presets and it comes with nice ones to get started. The hardware seems nice and solid. I like the knobs because the feel solid and the detents are helpful--the detents actually reduce the number of possible settings to you pretty much pick one and you don't sit and fiddle with the knobs unnecessarily :). I'm not a huge fan of combo jacks but they do the job. One odd thing: there is no power switch on the box. Instead there is a power switch in line on the power adapter. I have never seen anything like this before. I would rather have the switch on the box but hey, the UX2 doesn't even have a switch so you have to unplug the USB cable to power it down! The mic preamps sound good. Good enough for general applications but obviously dedicated mic preamps are better for specific purposes. I got some good sounds for acoustic guitar and my crap vocals--again Fat Channel processing helps a lot. I am not having any issues with latency. I think Presonus makes good on their claims for processing through the VSL Mixer--negligible latency with Fat Channel processing. Traditional round-trip latency through a DAW doesn't seem to be an issue for guitar or drums (Superior triggered w/ e-drums).

"Support!!!" submitted January 13, 2014

By Michael B in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a musician since five years of age singing every chance I could get. Got into production 13 years ago and snowballed
Music Style: Hip Hop/Electronica/RnB/Videogame score/Eclectic
Overall: I got this unit with great anticipation, as I have used their Eureka Channel strip on some fantastic sounding projects, and I am so far pretty disappointed with all the pops and cracks that I am dealing with right now. I have a custom built PC with more than enough power to use this. I purchased it after my Mbox Pro finally died after 7 years of rigoroous use, with no glitches whatsoever. I am very surpised because the M Audio Fast track i have been using in the meanwhile has given me NO glitches and I have had it as a backup for almost a decade. Support has not gotten back to me I have tried all the forum suggestions, and nothing. I call it Rice Krispies because of all the Snap, crackles, and pops I'm getting! It's a bit aggravating because I just bought Komplete 9 and the fantastic MPK 81 and I have a lot of projects to kick the year off! If I could rewing time I maybe owuld have bought the Focusrite instead, but I'm a brand loyal guy and I'm regretting it now!

"Not worth my time or money." submitted May 26, 2014

By Jonathan H in Benton, IL
Musical Background: 7 Years, Guitar Drums
Overall: It worked for a few days, I didn't have any problems until I changed the buffer settings in the software it came with, then my monitors started popping and clicking with no other sound. Then after trouble shooting I reinstalled the software. I thought it was working, then I launched Guitar Rig and my monitors erupted with high pitched noise and after that occurred I just sent it back. Who's to say it will do it for everyone. It may have been a PC compatibility issue. I just didn't want to take the risk of it happening it again and I'd rather have my $300 than an interface that may stop working like so. After it happened I read it's not so compatible with guitar rig either.

"The 44VSL is the bomb" submitted January 19, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Atlantic City, NJ
Musical Background: Live Sound / Mobile Recording
Music Style: RnB , jazz gospel
Overall: The box did everything I asked it to do.Nuff said.

When you call, mention priority code 160X-S9X6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976