When you call, mention priority code 15Z5-KPWR

Rating and Reviews: PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL

Need more channels from your USB interface? The AudioBox1818VSL gives you 8 XMAX mic preamps, plus ADAT and S/PDIF I/O for up to 18 inputs and 18 outputs.

"Presonus 1818vsl" submitted April 22, 2012

By Reginald W in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a singer and producer for 18 years.
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B
Overall: Nicely built unit..Very quiet preamps.Virtual Studio Live is awesome. IPAD control not out at the time of this review. I use this in conjunction with Studio One Professional. Very easy to get set up...

"Works even without a computer!!!" submitted January 30, 2014

By Chad H in Longview, TX
Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Music Style: All Types
Overall: I was hesitant about buying this interface because of the last review submitted June 5, 2013. It made me feel as though I'd be missing a feature I wasn't even sure I'd need. CAN IT BE USED AS A MIXER OR NOT? However I own the 44vsl which has pretty much the same front panel controls as the 1818 VSL, except the 1818VSL has 4 more mic pres and 4 more gain knobs. "YES IT CAN!!!" What the previous reviewer didn't realize is that while this interface is designed to work primarily with a USB computer setup and the VSL software, it also works great in "standalone" mode even as a mixer. "HOW?" This is possible by tuning the front panel knob labeled "Inputs"/"VSL"(MIXER).In actuality when the knob is turned to "VSL" it causes the interface to depend on the computer and DAW to route any audio signal coming in through the inputs or out to the headphones or back panel outputs. When the knob is turned to the side labeled "Inputs", the interface acts as a small format mixer with very basic controls. "TRIED AND TRUE" I plugged in my electric guitar, turned the knob all the way to "Inputs" turned up the gain a bit and with a pair of headphones in the Headphone jack I could hear the guitar signal loud and clear. It wasn't designed to work as a Mackie or an Allen and Heath mixer, although on a very basic level the Presonus Engineers did a good job of designing it so that it can take in and route sound without the use of a computer. How a professional sound engineer overlooks this I don't know! PRESONUS makes a quality interface!

"PreSonus Audiobox 1818VSL" submitted June 2, 2014

By Richard Applebaum in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: Acoustic Guitarist; Garage Band drummer;
Overall: Fantastic product! This product provides all the same functions as the model that features the physical sliders, buttons, etc. Instead, this product puts all those controls into software that is accessible via Mac or PC, and from there in a VNC (remote) session to iPad. Fantastic product. People with experience on mixing boards will find it very easy to use. Newbies (like me) will need to read the manual, tutorials, etc. OR, find someone that's using one to assist (local churches are snapping up PreSonus equipment like crazy because they provide great audio mixing and value).

"Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL performance" submitted December 1, 2012

By Mike Patterson in Arrington, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional free to musicians recording studio with all instruments supplied.
Music Style: All styles of recording accepted at Mike AX-UP Studios.
Overall: The Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL is a professional high quality awesome USB interface.This complete system is the foundation for our studio and works flawlessly.The factory support and online support from Presonus is beyound expectations. zZounds engineers helped our studio in our search for the perfect DAW platform and we are hooked on Presonus. Thank you zZounds!

"Great deal, Great interface. No buyers remorse here!" submitted January 11, 2012

Overall
Sound: Clear, clean pre-amps with a lot of gain available. I tracked 8 channels last week on drums and every track is clean and well behaved. I tracked at fairly low levels and brought the tracks up when mixing with little to no noise increases. I'm very impressed with how this sounds. The VSL monitoring program is very good. The channel strip on each input is nice. The parametric EQ and compressor sound great for clean, uncolored effects. The delay effect is basic, but sounds like a clean, standard digital delay. I'm not super impressed with the included reverb, but for monitor mixes it works just fine. Feature: Tons of inputs and outputs. The ability to use the channel strip and effects on each channel is likely to be more than I will ever use. I do wish the channels in the VSL software could be labeled with custom labels (rather than 1, 2, 3, etc) The knobs and chassis are aluminum. Solid feel and feedback. The knobs have detents, which I like. Ease of Use: Get your thinking hat out, because this is a complicated piece of equipment. It is designed to be that way however, so it should come as no surprise. If you're buying this, you already know you need to read the manual. So get to it. However, if just you plug it in, load the drivers and press record, it will work. The first time I ever pressed record on this I recorded 8 channels for three hours. No problems. Quality: Physically, this thing will last a long time if you keep it racked. It looks good. I wouldn't suggest you drop it or spill fluids on it however. One thing I'm keeping an eye on however: it seems to get pretty hot when left on. I've left it on overnight, etc and I just don't do that anymore. Value: Price per channel this is a fantastic deal. A no brainer for those on a budget wanted an 8+ channel USB interface. Overall: I expect to use this until I have a need to record either more than 16 channels simultaneously or I need to record 16 channels at more than 24 bit 96k
41 of 43 people (95.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Move On!" submitted March 5, 2014

By a customer from bigpond.com
Overall
Overall: If you have a newer computer move on. This will not work with USB3 ports. Presonus have not updated the drivers in 2 years and blame every one else for the issues (Intel, Apple, Microsoft etc). Try a RME or a Focusrite. They work just fine on the same systems, inc USB3!

"No use without a computer!" submitted June 5, 2013

Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician and sound engineer.
Music Style: All styles.
Overall: This interface is completely useless unless it is plugged into a computer. There is an app that installs on your desktop and unless it is opened you will get NO sound from this unit. You can't use it as a mixer EVER. Only as an interface and only with the Audiobox app opened up. Good unit but useless as a stand alone. Previous interface was a Lexicon I-Onix U-82. This was a tremendous let-down for me personally.

When you call, mention priority code 15Z5-KPWR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976