When you call, mention priority code 171N-507T

Rating and Reviews: Propellerhead Reason 6.5

Masterfully craft your latest musical invention with the updated effects, improved ease of use, and more comprehensive presets of Reason 6.5.

"Amazing product for price!!" submitted December 27, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: guitar, bass, drums, recording, production
Music Style: metal, rock, hiphop, dubstep
Sound: Love Propellerhead Reason. I can make virtually any sound i want or need. I can download refills (more soundbanks) from their website. I prefer sequencing in Reason over any other DAW i'ved used (Cubase 5, FL Studio 8, Pro Tools 8). Reason 6 is amazing because now it incorporates audio recording/editing so i don't have to rewire it into another DAW. Also, features the SSL 9000K mixer console and a master compressor which really helps blend the sound together which is otherwise difficult in Reason. Feature: Line 6 amp simulators come with Reason 6 and sound amazingly good for an out-of-the-box DAW amp sim! The possibilities with Reason 6 are virtually endless. You can run your guitar (or any audio signal for that matter) through the filters of a synth and completely change the way it sounds. If you need a wah pedal, talk box, vocoder using your guitar! You name it, i bet you can do it in Reason 6. You can't do a lot of these things with other DAW's right out of the box, you may have to purchase plugins. Ease of Use: Everything is completely straight forward and navigating is a breeze. The rack is extremely helpful because it looks and works just like a hardware rack. The sequencer lets you have multiple note lanes per instrument, arrange songs from start to finish, or you can use Blocks if you prefer pattern-based sequencing. The mixer - looks, works, and sounds like an analog mixer. Compression, eq, inserts, gate, and routing options on each channel. And you have knobs so you can focus more on the sound rather than visual. And master compressor. Amazing! Quality: Awesome. So much potential. People will ne discovering new things with Reason 6 for awhile. And it's software so as long as your computer is running well it should work just fine Value: Great price for everything you get right out of the box. Pretty much any instrument you need you will get it, or just create/combine your own, or download refills. Pitch correction for vocals, dynamics processing, and the aesthetics are not confusing. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact them. Any info i have needed so far is on Propellerhead's website The Wow Factor: It's fun if you like designing your own sounds or sampling. I don't need it per se, but it makes things much easier Overall: It's great because you have pretty much any instrument or audio manipulation that you could ever need. You can't use vst plugins, but you really don't need to. It's my favorite DAW.

"Good for the home studio " submitted January 30, 2012

By Bro. Britt H in Chesapeake, VA
Musical Background: 38 years into playing music
Music Style: Christian, and bluegrass gospel is my main focus but I love symphonic music also.
Overall: Reason has gone through several changes in the last ten years, but it still is not totally complete. The sound quality is really good and as for the ease of use there are none better. My only concerns is the buss off of the mixer and the the refills (which are geared more toward "Dub-step and trace mediums" ). I like to see them brach out into the Jazz, Blues, Country and other formats as well as video syncing and midi out. Lastly if you want a self contain music system, it is one of the best and if you rewire it to Logic, Protools, or etc then you have the best of all worlds. Overall I do recommend reason 6 for I been a user of reason products since reason 2.5.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WELL WORTH IT!!!" submitted February 26, 2012

By BRUCE LEWIS in LINCOLN, NE
Overall
Musical Background: ARTIST /PRODUCER/ ENGENEER. UNSIGNED ENT.
Music Style: HIP-HOP, DUBSTEP, RAP, ROCK, PUNK, POP
Overall: Well, i have always loved reason as a production tool, so i trusted it it be a great recording tool . I'm a die hard Pro Tools user, so i was worried that i may not have the control in editing as i am used to. yes there is a small..small..learning curve, but i am very satisfied. right out of the box i was recording great sounding vocal and super easy guitar. what i like the most, is that you can build a session with far less effort than pro tools. you literally just create a track and press record. the dynamics and synths are great as well. now I'm not saying it replaced my pro tools, but i most likely will be starting each track in reason. i record several different styles of music, and reason satisfies all my needs. i also love how fast it is. it loads quickly. it doesn't hurt CPU. it saves as a small file. i recommenced it to anyone who is just getting started or people like my who have been in the circuit for years.

"Get all your sonic tools under one roof!!" submitted December 28, 2011

Musical Background: 30+ years guitar/bass 20 professionally
Music Style: rock,Christian,blues,metal,salsa,country
Sound: Great sounds/patches. You can literally make any kind of track with this! Feature: I'm loving the new marriage of midi and audio recording. I like tweaking synths and this is a dream! The mixer emulation sounds huge. and it just feels like you have EVERYTHING you need right in front of you!! Ease of Use: You can make a track in literally minutes. Once you get going, you can make favorites out of your "go-to" sounds or even templates out f your favorite setups! Great workflow!! You spend more time being creative instead of messing around with getting a host/plugin to behave or stop crashing on you. Quality: STABLE and EFFICIENT!! It seems like I can run an army of synths compared to my previous experience with other DAW host software. All of this while NOT sacrificing sound quality. This program DELIVERS!! Value: YES!!! It's a great deal! You pretty much get it all. All you need is a good interface/mic. and your in business! Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support. Since the product and documentation are so good, I can't give them a bad score on this. They obviously have their act together! The Wow Factor: Very appealing!! This is a very comprehensive and stable product. There are other choices you can piece together, but having everything in one program with a great workflow saves time/money!! Overall: I'll be satisfied until Reason get's another upgrade. Then I will upgrade my Reason!! I'm not looking at alternatives anymore.

"Amazing Reason 6" submitted September 9, 2012

By Rafael H in Hollywood, FL
Musical Background: 30 years and i play guitar and piano
Music Style: Pop, Latin, Rock, HIp hop, Alternative, Fusion, Reggae. etc.
Overall: I am happy and i dont have to use Pro tools again with the new features in Reason "audio record".

"Best Daw ever!" submitted April 22, 2012

By Ricardo D in Warner Robins, GA
Musical Background: Been playing music all my life
Music Style: Rap and R&B
Overall: I have used many other DAWS! But reason 6 is the best by far! Zzounds did a great job shipping this awesome product to me. Overall reason 6 is number one in my book!

"Reasons and Zzounds!!!" submitted November 14, 2012

By Terrence S in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Producer/Audio Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, all types of electronic music
Overall: Reason has become my main go to synth. I started with version 3.5 and it has been holding me down ever since. The new features in 6.5 makes it worth the purchase.

When you call, mention priority code 171N-507T. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976