When you call, mention priority code 164H-B9NH

Rating and Reviews: Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphone

Form meets function in these top-quality Pioneer DJ headphones. The HDJ-1000s even feature a selector switch to blend stereo signals for one-ear monitoring.

"for DJs and non DJs" submitted April 23, 2011

Musical Background: guitar, bass, DJ, ho
Sound: I've been using these with my CDJ800 decks and DJM707 for the past few years - the 'phones for 7yrs. exactly. I have been using them mainly for DJing house parties and listening enjoyment with my bookshelf system and iPods (all lossless now). I really dig the wide frequency response; classical sounds just as good metal. The frequency curve seems to be tweaked such that they are functional for DJs (pronounced midrange) and do well for casual listening (full, low-register bass response). Every style of music sounds great with these. I really lime how powerful they are; I listen at really low volumes, but you can crank the HDJ1000s up and set them on a table, and you will be able to clearly hear the music without distortion. Feature: A hard-hitting DJ headphone- my personal opinion is that all audio obsession should start with a set of DJ headphones (even non-DJs). My main complaint with the Pioneers is the lack of user-replaceable parts. I've had mine for 7.5 years, and they look and sound brand new, but replaceable pads and cable would make me feel better. Ease of Use: Plug n play Quality: Looking closely at the HDJ1000s, I can understand the complaints about the flimsy construction. But for this reason, I treat these as I do all of my professional-grade equipment. The HDJ1000 is precisely that - professional gear, and like all professional gear, it has to be cared for. I don't intend to criticize those who have broken theirs, since the flimsy plastic is sub-standard for this category of equipment. I just get extra paranoid with these when gigging, so they are in superb condition. Seven and a half years, baby! Is that a record? I think the HDJ2000 was made to address these concerns, since it has identical specs and sturdier construction (and twice the price). Value: People say that when you buy Pioneer, you are paying for the name. To a degree, that is true, but the name represents a solid product. These headphones are phenominal. Comparable products can cost less (I like Sony and Sennheiser just as much), but my Pioneers have not malfunctioned or shown a bit of deterioration in the time I have had them. Manufacturer Support: For a few years, I was on the Pioneer DJ forums. I never went to support directly, but on the forums, we were connected with real DJs and representatives from Pioneer Pro DJ and Pioneer Electronics, who all helped out with gear issues, or at least directed us to the right channels. The Wow Factor: They look really cool, when DJing and when drinking coffee. The Sennheiser HD280 is another favorite of mine, but the Pioneers look much better, and they are tweaked better for listening enjoyment. Overall: Still a bit more expensive than comparable Sony and Sennheiser models, but the Pioneer HDJ1000s are one of my favorite pieces of music gear.

Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphone Customer Review submitted April 10, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: Mobile DJ, Music Lover!
Music Style: If it's good I love it!
Sound: Great product compared to similar products of its kind. I love the professional look and style of the headphones. The sound is clear,crisp and clean. My musical taste ranges from Classic Jazz, Blues, Funk, Motown, to Hip-Hop and many different Electronic Dance music styles, and these headphones can handle my complete range of music. Quality: They are built to last compared to some other products in its class. Value: Great Value for such a professional sounding headphone. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support for this product. The Wow Factor: When I'm out and about using these headphones at the library, coffee shop, or downtown chill'n, they make me look like the complete professional music lover(to which I'm am. . .LOL) Overall: I am definitely on board with pioneer headphones products. I can't wait to take a step up to their next headphone series. If I can't afford the next level of headphones by pioneer, I will be TOTALLY satisfied with another pair of the HDJ 1000's!

"Kickass" submitted June 7, 2009

Overall
Sound: Awesome awesome sound. I like bass which these provide, so they may not be the best for audiophiles, but I am also picky with sound quality. In these headphones you can actually hear the differences between sample rates in mp3 files. 128kb sounds terrible now! I love it. Feature: pivot point for swivel is pretty bad, being plastic I am constantly aware of how i treat the headphones so that they dont break Quality: This is where the headphones suffer. The sound quality and speaker quality is top line, but being mostly plastic, the headphones feel way to delicate and easy to break The Wow Factor: Great look, slim design, nice logo placing around the headband and cans. Overall: Really awesome headphones. Love the look, crave the sound and want to be seen with them. The only thing that lets them down is the build quality, seems easy to break.

"COOL AWESOME UNBELIEVABLE HEADPHONES" submitted November 11, 2005

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Variety
Sound: These headphones have a deep dynamic bass unlike other DJ headphones. When I mix it sounds great it is very impressive. Overall these headphones do everything. Feature: GREAT THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY! Quality: GREAT LEATHER VERY SOFT AND COMFORATABLE Manufacturer Support: NICE ON EARS AFTER LONG USE. The Wow Factor: YES. Overall: UNBELIEVABLE
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GOOD HEADPHONES" submitted February 14, 2005

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: trance,techno,house
Sound: Sounds really good...nice deep bass good highs Feature: like the switch for mono/stereo and there isn't a lot of cord to mess with but long enough to do almost any thing around you Quality: one of the best quality headphones i have had. i had the sony and they sucked so these are my #1 choice Value: little pricey but you get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: didn't need support i take care of my equipment Overall: Overall these headphones are the best for DJing. If you use any other headphones you need to stop and get these.

"Boom Baby" submitted April 20, 2005

Overall
Sound: Boom Baby..............Great bass great highs, but mids are a little lacking. Sometimes the snare drum, cymbals (remember sometimes) and the guitar in a few places are a little thudy sounding but still sounds incredible. Volume level is awesome. Once you wear these in the have a great soundstage and there is nothing bad to say about them. Feature: Nice little bag to keep them in, nice stereo to mono switch even though i don't use it and i like that the jacks are gold instead of silver, that has always bothered me when they are silver for some reason. Quality: I am no DJ so i am not getting the wear and tear so mine are holding up nicly. Value: I got a good deal so i am happy. Shouldn't pay more then 130, i will just say that. The Wow Factor: I really wanted it. Overall: yeah......very nice looking, extremely good sounding.......but a little tight to wear for 5 hours.

"DJ starkiss" submitted April 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: sound is perfect ;]! i can turn it up^ superloud N blast out.... Feature: they fold up nice.. Ease of Use: defintley easy to use i hate headphones that put 1 channle of sound in 1 side of the head phones and the other channle of sound in the other side of the head phones ... sometimes my friends headphones work like that on my dj800 like the sony ones.. did that it sucked.. so we used mine and it was all g00d.. =] Quality: ok this is what sucked.. they did brake like not t00 long after i got them right @ the side where it folds up it broke they need to remake these headphones stronger and they will have the best djing headphones 160$ can buy =]! yeah soo i got some tape on mine and they work good still but i wish they didnt brake ill be buying new ones soon and this time im going to pay for the WAR-N-T Value: its defintley a good price Manufacturer Support: they FIt Really NIce ON my HEad d[o_o]b The Wow Factor: yeah they are pretty sexxyy you should make some all black ones too Overall: till they make a new pair but stronger.. k

"Great Sounding headphones**make sure warranty card is sent in because mine have had problems in a few areas of design** studio a" submitted December 27, 2004

Musical Background: DJ, Producer
Music Style: Electronic
Sound: The sound is great and the ability to change from mono to stereo is good for my djing. The bass is great the highs and mides are great. The bass doesnt distort no matter if i blast them Feature: I liked the use of the mono/stereo switch, the one chord on the left helps with no tangling of wires, and these headphones are the only ones that have replacable wires incase of damage. Quality: I love to hate these headphones. I use the headphones for DJINg so they take wear and tear but for the studio person disregard what i say.First pair I purshased broke at the ear to strap area on both sides, second pair began to do the same so I took them apart and super glued them to make them stronger and to fix the cracks. Pioneer needs to redesign the engineering of this area, OTher people i know with these headphones began to see the same problem. Pioneer needs to fix this weak area quick (if this werent a problem then i would rate these at a 10 in all areas). Value: really expensive but i think great headphones overall, better than the sonys in my opinion.... FILL OUT WARRANTY CARD, Manufacturer Support: never dealt with the company, was going to talk about the weak areas of the headphones but i never sent my warranty card in so i knew it would salve anything. The Wow Factor: they look awesome, new age feel very cutting edge design. Overall: overall 8 becuase of the flaw of design in the headphones. If this were fixed then 10/10

"After being a longtime customer of Pioneer's pro DJ products including my current system consisting of an MEP-7000 and a DJM-500" submitted December 19, 2011

By a customer from afterhoursdj.com
Music Style: hip hop, rock, top 40
Sound: They don't sound bad, but for the price I had expected them to sound alot better! Feature: They are average on features, they offer the standard rotating earcups for single ear monitoring, a handy carrying bag for storage when not in use. Ease of Use: The earcups are not all that comfortable when wearing them for any extended period of time. Quality: This is where I have an issue with the product. For headphones in this price range they are made very flimsy and cheap. I am not one to beat on my gear and in fact I also own and have owned alot of other Pioneer products and take very good care of my gear. I have had these headphones for a little over a year and went to take them out of their storage bag one evening while setting up for a gig and when I went to unfold them from their stored position one of the earpieces snapped off of the main headband right in my hand. I have a pair of Sony DJ headphones that I've had for 13 years that I paid less money for that are still going strong. Very disappointed in the quality of these headphones and expected alot more from Pioneer. Value: Definitely way overpriced for the quality and company backing that you're getting with these headphones. Manufacturer Support: I contacted Pioneer's customer service department regarding the broken headphones that barely lasted me a year first via their online contact form. After spending 15 minutes filling out the online form and typing a detailed description of what happened and my complaint, I ended up not being able to even send the message due to a server error on their site and was returned to a blank online form again. Then I placed a call to their customer service department only to be told basically that my headphones were out of warranty and I would simply have to purchase a new pair. I guess I was wrong for expecting Pioneer to stand by their product. The Wow Factor: I would not buy another pair of these headphones. Overall: I am currently looking at purchasing a new quality set of DJ headphones.

"HDJ 1000" submitted April 10, 2007

By a customer from GMAIL.COM
Musical Background: 5 YEARS OF DJ ING
Music Style: HOUSE, ELECTRO, PROGRESSIVE
Sound: THE SOUND I QUITE PERFECT, THE PHONES RESIST HIGH VOLUME AND PRESERVE THE QUALITY AT ALL RANGES (VOL UP TO 75% ON PIONEER DJM 600) Feature: NO ACCESORIES Ease of Use: EXTREMELY FRIENDLY TO USE Quality: PLASTIC IS LAME (THEY BREK EASILY AT THE JOINTS) I FIXED MINE WITH SUPERGLUE AND ALLUMINUIM PLATES PLUS SOME SILICON Value: A BIT OVERPRICED BECAUSE OF THE LAME PLASTIC Manufacturer Support: GOOD MARKETING The Wow Factor: QUITE SEXY Overall: I USE IT FOR 4 YEARS AND I BELIEVE THEY CAN LAST AT LEAST FOR 2-3 YEARS IF NOT DAMAGED OR BROKENA AT A NASTY PLCE

"Don't bother." submitted February 7, 2010

Musical Background: Active Disc Jockey
Music Style: Electronic Dance Music
Sound: Sound coimg out of these things is great! Feature: has a switch that goes from mono to stereo, nice touch. Ease of Use: they're headphones. Quality: For the price, the quality leaves aot to be desired.. after 6 months the knuckle that connects the earpiece to the headpiece broke and wires became exposed. How much does it cost pioneer to make these things? the mark up is around 1000% to retail. They should put a little more thought into how to make these more durable and stop thinking profit$ profit$ profit$. Value: not worth the price. The Wow Factor: they look great. Overall: On the market for more durable headphones.

Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphone Customer Review submitted December 21, 2007

By a customer from manhattan.edu
Musical Background: dj
Music Style: electronica
Sound: Sound Quality is by far superb. Feature: Included necessary accessories Ease of Use: Product ease of use is above averages. Comfortable feel. Quality: Broke within four months. First the plastic began to fall off then the sound entirely did not work in one ear. Value: Not worth the money The Wow Factor: very sexy item

"Better than Sony, AKG, Sennheiser etc" submitted July 20, 2005

Music Style: R&B/Rap
Sound: The Best equal balanced sound I heard out of all the headphones on the market. Clear highs and thumping low bass. You'll pay $300.00 or more for german brand headphones and they still wouldn't sound better than these. Feature: You get stereo plus a mono sound option? Cool! Quality: High Quality product mine still is in xlnt condition no problems. Value: The best value out there considering they cost a few hundred less then some they sound much better than. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any The Wow Factor: If I lost these headphone I would run to the music store the very same day and buy these again. They were designed for DJ use but probably the best headphones for mixing ever created because they can take that really loud sound and they have top notch sound quality. Overall: I heard them all and demo'ed them all and the Pioneers are the best! These Pioneers give off the best bass ever! 3500 Mw of power they can handle the most of all.

Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphone Customer Review submitted December 16, 2007

Musical Background: Party DJ
Music Style: Trance, House , Dance
Sound: the sound quality is perfect! :D very clear and loud Feature: not much features Ease of Use: very easy to use .. just like a normal headphone Quality: ok.. my joints broke off in just 4-6 months... had to get it fixed the plasic isnt very good :( Value: not worth buying that much .. as it broke soo quickly :(

Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphone Customer Review submitted November 20, 2004

Sound: These headphones are straight up the best set out there. Their sound is flawless at high levels, and the bass is unlike anything i thought was even possible for headphones. I don't know first hand, but I've been told by multiple people that the Sony cop-off of these falls apart at the stitching after a few months. Either way, forget Sony, PIONEER really had conquered headphone technology.

"Danny" submitted July 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: sound is great dont have to do anything on it Feature: stereo and mono mode good for mixing Ease of Use: Just like a normal headhph0ne Quality: sound quality is ok but the ( PLASTIC ) like the other guy said its very weak and breaks really fast ( at the joints ) ( 4/5 months ) and it broke just like chocolade :) Value: i think its also overpriced because of cheap plastic The Wow Factor: it looks nice sound quality also ok Overall: mine broke in 4 months i dont think this is a good product because of the construction of the headphone ( Plastic ) = very weak it broke at the joints both sides at same time always been very carefull with this headphone. the sony mdr 700 also broke i think the creators from these headphones do it on purpose and make it weak so it breaks and you can buy another new one thats how i see it :)

When you call, mention priority code 164H-B9NH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976