When you call, mention priority code 1442-931Z

Rating and Reviews: Pioneer DDJ-SR

Meet the 2-channel sibling to Pioneer's hit DDX-SX DJ controller. Mash the DDJ-SR's rubber pads to trigger more effects in the included Serato DJ software.

"Pioneer DDJ-SR" submitted May 14, 2014

By Anthony T in White plains, MD
Musical Background: At home DJ for about 19 years
Music Style: Reggae, R&B, HIP-Hop, House, Neo soul
Overall: What a difference from previous virtual DJ setup! Every time I turn the DDJ on, it works flawless. Setup was sort off tricky because I had update the firmware, it took a couple of tries since i had to go to Pioneer's website for instructions. Once setup was complete the DDJ-SR function great. I had some issues with the unit freezing up but, once i update the firmware to 1.07, i have no issues since. i'm still trying build my crates in Serato, so it will be awhile before i will finish my library. you definitely want to create your crates as that will help your selections to load must faster. Overall, a great product and i'm 100% happy with this unit. Additionally, the transaction with ZZsounds was painless and fast!! A great store as well.

"amazing controller!!" submitted March 29, 2014

By Andrew M in houston, TX
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: Dubstep, drum and bass, techno, trap, house
Overall: Upgraded from a ddj wego and this is miles better. Awesome features, the performance pads are responsive, big jog wheels, the serato software is excellent. If you want a professional feeling controller for a great price this is your controller. Pioneer made another excellent product which is always expected of them.

"Love it" submitted December 24, 2013

By Mike M in Shreveport, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Djing since 03 at home and in the club off and on.
Overall: I really like this controller. this is the first one i've owned, but Ive used a NI S4 and a couple others before. You cant go wrong with Pioneer. The pads are really fun, and the jog wheels are great too. There was an issue at first when moving both pitch faders at once, but that was solved with the latest firmware update. If you dont need the four channels and stand alone mixer of the SX, get this.

"Pioneer DDJ SR" submitted January 12, 2014

By DJ Ultimate D in Milwaukee, WI
Musical Background: DJ and Producer
Music Style: hiphop reggae r&b
Overall: There was a small mishaps with the shipping but it was resolved with a credit being issued for the undelivered services. The controller itself looks nice but the software has bugs that need to be worked out. I am currently working with Serato to resolve the issue. I would go with the Pioneer DDJ SX over the DDJ SR. Im looking into returning the DDJ SR and ordering the DDJ SX. it is more stable with the software. Overall the controller is good.

"Perfect" submitted January 31, 2014

By Colleen S in Fort Walton Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I just listen to a lot of music, it's my fiance that's completely obsessed with music! It's part of his career as a producer/DJ
Music Style: Funk, Rock, Hip-Hop, Reggae, and certain kinds of Dub
Overall: I got this as a gift for my fiance, I had preordered it not know it wasn't the SX version. Well needless to say, when I gave to him worried of the outcome he was thrilled! And might I say shed a tear or two. And found that he enjoys it much more than the SX. And zzounds are amazing with trust people to try the product, and pay in installments! Made it easy and affordable!

"Great Controller" submitted January 23, 2014

By a customer from Yahoo.com in Daleville, AL
Musical Background: DJ- 20 plus years
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Old School, Blues
Overall: Just got this controller about a week ago and its incredible !!! I have used other controllers but this is the best by far !! The pro looks and feel are great features and the pads add versatility to your mixes ! I was not impressed all that much with the Serato DJ (too much setup involved with library ) so i choose to keep running my Virtual DJ with this controller and it works wonderful after setting up the parameters. You will not be disappointed with this !!!

"Perfect... exactly what I needed!" submitted December 24, 2013

By Vinyl Guy
Music Style: hip-hop, rap, top 40, pop, electro, dance, house
Overall: I was bred a vinyl DJ since '97 then jumped to Serato with control records. Although vinyl is still my overall preference (especially for clubs), the DDJ-SR is exactly what I needed for mobile gigs and recording mixes at home. It's compact, light weight, everything (cues, EFX, etc.) is laid out perfect on the controller, and definitely an easy transition from vinyl!... no lag to reaction times, spinback feature in Vinyl mode, jog wheels much easier to control than other controllers I've tried and (if needed) the Sync feature to quickly beat match your next song versus using the pitch. I chose this model over the DDJ-SX because of the price point and I since I'm more accustomed to a two-channel DJ setup. I have yet to try the on-board mic input since I send all my gear to a Mackie mixer but it sounds great over my system! I was considering other controllers but went with Pioneer for their great reputation with DJ equipment and I'm glad I did! The DDJ-SR did not disappoint and I highly recommend it to anyone! Only con for the meantime is that, since it's a new product on the market, carrying cases are limited.

"my ddj_sr" submitted February 10, 2014

By chuck s in kansas city, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a dj for over 25 years and my.last equiptment before this was my pioneer cdj decks which I have had for years..
Music Style: Rap,rnb,oldschool,reggea,house,and blues
Overall: I am very satisfied with the product I purchased and the payment plan makes things even.smoother. now that I have read all the downloadable info on all the extra features and have started puttin them to work.im happy I decided to make my purchase.

"PATHETIC!!!!!!" submitted June 16, 2014

By DJ MATT in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Producer, DJ
Music Style: House, Hip Hop
Overall: ON A MAC POWERS UP FINE BUT NO SOUNDS!!!!!!! TOO MANY BUGS. GOING FOR THE TRAKTOR S2, WHICH WORKS AND IS MORE ACCURATE!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1442-931Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976